• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Question of Dinosaur Science

Do you think birds are classified as a type of dinosaur?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
Years
  • Since I happen to be a dino-geek, many books that I have read state that birds evolved from small carnivorous dinos like Compys. But...Compys have hollow bones, like modern birds, but the supposed missing link between the dino-bird evolution, Archeopteryx, had solid bones. And now they're stating that the small carnivorous dinosaurs evolved into birds over time, and other prehistoric birds, such as Confusicornis and Hesperornis (but NOT Pteranodon or other pterosaurs), are now types of dinosaurs. But I say that is...out of place. Dinosaurs are reptiles, while birds are related to mammals.

So the big question is...do you think birds are classified as a type of dinosaur?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Since this is more of a debate than a poll, I'll move it to Other Chat and hope that nothing bad happens <_<;

[will edit with my opinion later]

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • *Has been a major dino fan since age 5* Yup, I do think that birds are related to dinosaurs. It's a known fact that some larger dinosaurs (E.G Tyranosaurus Rex) has feathers when they were younger...

~Eli

Years
  • *has been a major dino fan until Dragons*
    Hmm, tch, I think they should be classified as descendents of dinosaurs, tch, but they've changed by far too much ta resemble 'em now, tch, so I guess that they should stay as birds...

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • You really don't want my opinion...
    Because I believe nothing evolved... <_<
    *is a Christian, therefore a Creationist*

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
  • Eliana said:
    *Has been a major dino fan since age 5* Yup, I do think that birds are related to dinosaurs. It's a known fact that some larger dinosaurs (E.G Tyranosaurus Rex) has feathers when they were younger...

~Eli

wow, dinosours might be related to birds? Very stange, I have no idea about dinosours so I have no idea.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    There's this jerk kid at my school who I suspect is related to dinosaurs.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Lol, hey not all dino's are bad ya know ;3

Datriot- It all depends on opinion. It's kinda weird that I think that since I'm a Jew and stuff and the Bible has a whole different out look so...;3 There's many different opinions~

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm with Robo-sama on this one.

Although the families are distantly related ^^ Bone structures is about 90% of the tie.

Back