• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to give and recieve proper critique

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
many of you don't really critisize properly, you say things like "I really like it" but don't give any reasons to why

basically try posting like this

"oh I'm loving this, the shading is pretty sweet, same with anatomy", not "that's good"

and for a negative comment

"That's not so good, the shading needs alot of work, mainly around the legs"

not

"that sucks"

and how to accept critism

if someone says "your spriting ability is terrible etc" and gives you good reasons don't go having a spaz at them, an artist should be able to take good and negative comments

and another major point

try to avoid "I love it*message too short lolol" posts, as they're pure SPAM

thanks to the noise for this bit: try and be as vived as possible, giving a full description etc

Last edited:

Mail Jeevas

I need a smoke...
Years
I really like this comment that you've made Vaati, It really shows people how to act whenever they need to give or recieve a review.

ELGONZO!!!

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
thanks ^^

I sorta made it because when i see these comments I think, "well why does it suck?..." or "why does that rock?"

so hopefully a few will listen and start helping people get better

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Klem: don't spam

I'm hoping this will get stickied, but I'd be happy if it was just noticed

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2005
Good guide, but, I think giving as much crit is better than a short amount. Take a bad pikachu/wobbufet mix, or something. Let's say the ears were wrongly placed, and it was recoloured badly, and that. Umm... I dunno, more should be done. Say it all, don't just say 'oh, well... the shading is bad.'

Back