• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best dub ever! :D

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Well, when anime gets translated from one language to another, it tends to lose its original flavor.

So... what are the best official dubs of anime you've seen? *curious* =D

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    The only ones i've seen are from 4kids tv..and They shouldn't be titlted as great dubs.

But to choose from what they were airing i think Shaman king was. *Is shot*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Furuba/Fruit's Basket. It's the only anime that I actually like the dub better than the original version.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Lyk Ghost In The Shell (The movie. I've only seen like 2 or 3 dubbed episodes of Stand Alone Complex, so I cant really judge), Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke.

Kurosaki

InuYasha, despite what everyone else says. The japanese VAs sound horrific to me. >>

Last edited:

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Yeah, Fruits Basket did have a really good dub. The translation was next to perfect most of the time, and the only voice that I really did not like was Ayame's. FMA has a pretty good dub as well. The DN Angel dub is good as far as the translation goes, but I'm not too fond of the voice actor choices there.

Years
  • probably full metal alchemist.

tokyo mew mew was horrible, didn't really like the voices in sailor moon (the japanese voices are awseome, though XD), and inuyasha didn't seem to have very good dialogue.

kagome: naraku took over kohaku's body and is using him against sango! that's so evil!
    ^ note: that's not really a line, just the jist of some of the stuff kagome says <.<

fullmetal alchemist is probably the first anime that a character didn't annoy me (well, i do find winry's voice a bit annoying....), and that all the characters seem pretty likeable. dialogue's pretty good, too.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • From what I've seen; FMA, Furuba, (I especially <3 Aruu [Fuuma] and Hiro's [Furuba] VA. His voice ish super kawaii) and Naruto - though, just slightly.

Naruto's constant "Believe it!" ish getting annoying. > >; And the Japanese seiyuu were much much better for Naruto. Sakura's english voice ish getting a bit irritating, too; she was supposed to sound smart and stuff, but they made her a bit too girlish-like. And Kakashi's ish alright, but he speaks a bit too slow in the dub, his voice tends to linger where there ish a vowel.

Oh, Spirited Away, too. <3

Davey-chaan~ said:
    The japanese VAs sound horrific to me. >>
    Nuu, don't say that! 'cause, see, Sango's seiyuu was Presea's [y'know from TOS X3] and her Japanese voice was kawaii~ish! <3

Years
  • Off hand, I'd say the 80's Gatchaman dub "G-Force". They kept the original content: (more or less), the death overtones, Jun's panty shots, and didn't dumb you down. Granted there was the Harlequin type names but you'd forget that when you saw the maturity of the dub.

Second place, Pokemon. Because they did a respectable job for the most part, just removing the Japanese ness of the early seasons and the odd edicts of the later seasons (the panned in look and the badge case).

Third place: Yu-Gi-Oh, I love the English cast and they are...kinda respectful but then Yu-Gi-Oh ramps up the content so 4Kids has to counter that in their own weird way. If they could keep the English cast and leave the content alone, it would be heaven.

Same for DIC's Sailor Moon, I love the voice cast (particularly end of R), didn't like everything else. Heh.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Tenchi Muyo. Definetly. Their voices are really full of character, and the actors suit the people they're playing.
    I think the worst dub ever is Mononoke Hime, because the actors do not suit the characters at all. San (the girl brought up by wolves, in case you've never seen it) sounds too... well-spoken. Ashitaka sounds too meek. The person that played the mother wolf did a good job, though.

As for FMA and InuYasha, the japanese sounds far more natural. I saw the japanese first (downloaded it when it came out in japan) and I prefer the main character's voices... Ed sounds too young, and Inu sounds too tame xP
    Oh, and in one of the first american FMA eps, there's this women that says: 'you made us think you were gooood' in a really annoying way. That ruined it ??;

I've never seen Furuba in English, but I loved the japanese voices; especially momeji! Kawaii!

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I would say Beyblade G-Revolution was the best dub I have seen, even though I haven't seen the Japanese version, the dub is great.

Lucid

They did a pretty good job on Witch Hunter, the dub voices fit the characters more to me, the japanese ones just sound like they randomly picked the VA's, and... bleh. They kept a lot of the plot the same too, and that's always nice.

Years
  • Marina99 said:
    Nuu, don't say that! 'cause, see, Sango's seiyuu was Presea's [y'know from TOS X3] and her Japanese voice was kawaii~ish! <3
    I thought I heard Sango's Japanese voice somewhere... XD

Anyway, I really like the Yu Yu Hakusho dub (uncut more though). I like all their English voices waaay more. And other things. =0

I know nothing about the Japanese FMA... But the dub is good anyway. XD

Inuyasha's voices kind of vary for me. I like the girls voices in Japanese alot better. Kagome's English voice suits her, but that's why it sucks, it's really nervewracking. Sango sounds kind of dry sometimes, and I can't stand the way Kaede talks (I never heard her Jap. voice though... And don't take the Jap. offensively, just shortening).

I do like Inuyasha's voice in the original more though, but Sesshoumaru's... blech. I like both of Kikyou's voices. Miroku... neutral.

The original Inuyasha has better dialogue, sometimes in English it sounds weird. o__O

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Fruits Basket, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Fullmetal Alchemist.

I think the dub are pretty good in these. =3 Fruits Basket hands down though, it is my number one list of best dub. ^^

Back