• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The InterDEX Sprite Competition

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
  • The InterDEX Sprite Competition

****MODS: If I had to get permission for this lock/delete it, I'm sorry, I didnt see anything in the rules about it, I read it twice****

*Background Information
    Basically, I'm making a downloadable database of the best Fake Pok?mon on the net (will have a website that I'll personal serve unless I get an offer or something after I get some work done, I'm not paying for a domain but I'll get a forwarder), I'll be placing a submission page before you know it but for now I want to find three lucky Pok?mon chains to serve as numbers 1-9 as starters of the 3 common elements. I could just post the ones I've created but I want people to be able to see the best.

*Requirements
    3 Stages (Grass; Fire; Water; Grass, Fire, or Water+*Any other than G/F/W*)
    1 Scratch, or 'Fusion with Scratch' sprites (should have some originality) for each stage, must have 3 stages
    1 Shiney colored version of each

*Rules
    -Must not connect (evolution wise) to already created Pok?mon
    -keep it semi original (dont make a fire creation look like a lizard with fire on its tail, and so on)
    -No more or less than 3 stages
    -No more than 16 colors
    -64x64 max
    -Names are not required on posting but must be availble if winning chain is to be posted
    -Winners must have a trainer sprite they'd like for a 'discovered by:' section
    -Do not judge other people's sprites unless you are deemed a judge by me (see below)
    -No judge may enter
    -Dont use other people's works either from thier thread or anything you requested, I view the threads here often to gather ideas and see people's talent so I'll know if you've taken something

*Judges (4 positions available, PM me with at least 2 fusion or scratch samples (or link to threads) of what you could do yourself for acceptance, wanna see mine, see my avatar for examples)
    - x24 (Me, bow down)
    - ??
    - ??
    - ??
    - ??

*Rating Scale
    Talent ?/5 - marks will be deducted for errors (ex. too much black in outline, choppyness, poor coloring/shading etc.)
    Colors ?/3 - marks will be deducted for use of too bright of colors or by using too many.
    Consistancy ?/2 - keep a similar style color and monster type description, do want to see a mammal evolve into a bird or something, if it seems to move away from the original idea too much it will lose marks
    Originality ?/5 - By being unique you could score up to 5 marks. There are many animals out there that have not entered the Pok?mon world yet, penguins, kangaroos, large cats, komodos, emus, too many to list
    Bonus Marks (only ones available)
    Type Combo +1? - something cool and original similar to a Fire/Ice, or Grass/Steel and succesfully making it work gets you a bonus mark
    Attachments +.1? each - accompaning your sprites with a extra art (non sprited) of 400x400 of creature can deliver very tiny bonuses, so can examples of 'back art' sprites and minis (no chaoes, or kirbys though). ART, back sprites and mini sprites only.
    TOTAL MARK ??/15

There is No Limit to how many you enter but it'll be our choice what takes the places

Rating will begin as soon as there is an entry.

Contest Closing January 1st (When I wake up after partying all night), I will announce the winners then. I hope to have the beta and website ready for viewing by February..

Become part of something that we can all make HUGE.

Recommendations on rules and regulations are always accepted by PM PLS

Good luck and Lets have some fun. A thread will probably be created to post creations for the rest of the dex closer to the contest's ending.

-x24

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    the rules do say that ya have to ask somewhere. PM a mod to ask if it can stay

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Shiny>
    Name- Purrken
    Classification- Little Kitten Pokemon
    Ability- Flash Fire
    Type(s)- Fire
    Evolution(s)- Evolves into Flarethur at Lv. 16

Stats-
    Attack- med.
    Defense- med.
    Speed- med.
    Sp.Attack- high
    Sp.Defense- low

Data- Purrken are not afraid of any creature, big or small. Their fur is a prized element because it always stays warm, no matter how cold it is outside.

Moves-
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    7-Ember
    10- Attract
    16- Flame wheel
    20-Confuse Ray
    25-Flamethrower
    25-Tickle
    27- Slash
    37-Covet
    38-Mirror Coat
    38-Assist
    40-Fire Blast
    47-Blast Burn

-----

Shiny>
    Name- Flarethur
    Classification- Rock Panther Pokemon
    Ability- Rock Head
    Type(s)- Fire/Rock
    Evolution- evolves into Sabrelava at Lv.36

Stats-
    Attack- med.
    Defense- high
    Speed- med.
    Sp.Attack- high
    Sp.Defense- med.

Data- Flarethur are vicious Pokemon that live in very rocky areas. Their skin is hard and hot, so they can withstand any kind of pressure applied to their skin. Their firey breath can melt rocks into lava.

Moves-
    17- Magma Burn (attacks with a flow of magma)
    25-Confuse Ray
    29-Flamethrower
    34-Slash
    40-Rock Throw
    45-Mirror Coat
    47-Fire Blast
    50-Blast Burn

(No sprite yet...)
    Name- Sabrelava
    Classification- Sabertooth Pokemon
    Ability- Rock Head
    Type(s)- Fire/Rock

Stats-
    Attack- med.
    Defense- high
    Speed- med.
    Sp.Attack- high
    Sp.Defense- med.

Data- Sabrelava are sneaky creatures that have no fear. They can scale vertical cliffs with ease due to their sharp claws.

Moves-
    36-Rock Throw
    45-Mirror Coat
    52-Fire Blast
    60-Blast Burn

Hope it's okay, I'll get to Saberlava's sprite later.

~Ho-Roudon

Years
  • Indeed, you must get a moderator's permission in order to run a contest here.

The rules have been updated,

To thread creator: As you said, because you needed a mod's permission to make a contest, this shall be closed, PM me if you want to discuss this further.

~Closed

Back