• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When requesting a TCard...

Do you believe these are good guidelines? (Choose up to 2)

• Total voters

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
  • Edited to be more user friendly.

Some suggestions about TCard requesting

A lot of people tend to ask me the same stuff over and over. If they took the time to read through some of my posts, they'd find the answers to what they seek. Please read through the owner's main posts before asking questions that may have been asked before.

When I first started making TCards, I had one design and lots of time. Now, I'm offering 3 designs, and the one that gets requested the most is the most complex and time consuming. Many cards take a long time to make. Animated cards take the longest. If you request a complex card, please don't badger the owner asking when it will be completed. If they have a status post, check that instead of posting pointless "When will my card be done?" posts.

Many Card Shops have a "Main" post that they update with request forms for the cards they are offering. Reading this post usually answers many questions that you may have. Also, most stores have forms which you should copy, then add your information to. The owner probably is used to creating a card based off of this form. If you choose to disregard the offical form, you increase the workload for the owner, and you run the risk of forgetting some important information. Request using the offial form provided by the owner. That way you are guarenteed to not forget information, and you speed up the process for the owner.

I've been making TCards for over a year. During that time, I've had very few people actually follow the directions I've set. However, those that do make me very happy indeed, and I generally make a positive comment about their request. Following the owner's rules makes them happy. Do you really want a grumpy person making your card? Following rules has a direct relationship with friendly service!

Original Intro:
    As many of you are aware, I run a TCard shop, which has been fairly popular. In the last few months, volume as gotten to be large enough that I have had to try to streamline my process. I did so by creating 2 posts, linked in my sig, that people can click on to get my card offerings, request status, order history, and walkthroughs on commonly asked questions. The main point of these links (and it's stated quite clearly) is to show people how I want cards requested, and to give them a one-stop see-your-order-status page.

HOWEVER...all this work seems to be falling on deaf ears, for the most part. I'm still getting posts and PMs asking me "When will my card be finished?" or "I can't get the card to appear in my sig!", and requests using a totally unconventional requesting format. Answers to both of these questions, as well as my desired requesting format can be found in the two links provided.

I believe I've made it as clear as possable, and really need for people to cooperate. I'm a college student and don't have time to decifer strange requests. On top of that, people who request using their own format are usually shooting themselves in the foot, as often, they forget key information which results in a less than excellent result.

Well, to get to the point, I'm wondering if any other shop runners have encountered this problem, and if so, what have you done to remidy it? If you don't run a shop, but enjoy browsing and requsting TCards, maybe you could spread the word to Please read the Shop owner's requesting rules and follow them. I'm sure many of the high volume shop runners feel the same way, and if we can get the populus to cooperate, everyone will be better off!

Anyway, below, I've made a list of suggestions that people should read before requesting cards. Hopefully it will give everyone (Owners and Requesters) less headaches (once they get done reading it....XD)

Thanks for listening,
    M2EX

Last edited:
    Back