• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange appearances of certain Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
  • Please post their strange appearances HERE:

Latias has a tail but Latios doesn't.

Pichu's evolution line gets fatter as it evolves.

When Wingull evolves, its tail feathers disappear into a pointed lump.

Ralts' evolution line's red horns change position as it evolves.

When Voltorb evolves, the white and red sides change position.

Kabuto has two pairs of eyes; its evolution has only one.

Most Kanto and Hoenn bugs have four feet, most Johto ones have six.

Zubat has a neck, but its head merges with its body when it evolves.

Jirachi (yeah that's me) has a marsupial pouch in most pictures, but its sprite instead has some kind of a yellow thingy...

Simone

....... (>0_0<)
    Years
  • lol.. wow.. thats some deep DEEP stuff.. That is pretty interesting. I have had like no strange things happen to me -.-

Chris

www.PokemonF0rums.com
    Years
  • Erm - This one's been said and known since like...the beginning of Pok?mon history, but Poliwag's belly swirls reverse as it evolves. Meh, can't think of anymore, lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    Charmander

Charmander (the original Charmander, anyway) has two lumps on its shoulders that supposedly develop into wings. However, these are lost during the Charmeleon stage, and, strangely, grown back into full wings during the Charizard stage.

Chris

www.PokemonF0rums.com
    Years
  • Not exactly. Mewtwo wasn't a direct mirror copy of Mew. Otherwise they would be exactly the same (appearance wise). The scientists endured through a lot of "experiments", which could have easily made him alter his appearance.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • Jirachi (yeah that's me) has a marsupial pouch in most pictures, but its sprite instead has some kind of a yellow thingy...

that wierd yellow thingy is jirachi's third eye. cant believe nobodys explained that yet. i forgot wat the eyes is for exactly???

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
  • Yeah, I think that Jirachi's power is in the eye, the eye is always sleeping, but when it wake up will make wishes come true... like Unows... But I never saw any movie after Pok?mon 2000, so what am I saying...

Unowns ! and ? don't totally open their eyes...

I think Mewtwo looks like Freeza... I think...

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Flygon_trainer said:
    okay here's one :mew lookes more like a cat, but Mewtwo looks more like a human. if it was cloned from Mew's cells, shouldn't it look more simaler?
    According to the Pokemon Adventure comics my friend let me borrow, they didn't have enough Mew DNA so they had to use some human DNA (specificaly Blaine's) to complete it. Kind of like how they used Frog DNA in Jurassic Park...

Nidoran Male's ears grow when it evolves into Nidorino and shrink when it evovles into Nidoking.

And Nidorina's ear (the inside aprt, which is the same color as Nidoran F) changes color when it evovles into Nidoqueen...

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I call Mewtwo a Friezaroo. Wow, that almost rhymed... got your pm Jirachi, all is forgiven :D

When Machop evolves, it becomes a storm blue-grey, but when Machoke evolves it turned back to the original pale green-grey. Machoke is also the only one to have those red arm stripes. Funky.

The original Sugimori art of Bellossom had a dark blue body like the rest of the Oddish line, but they mysteriously changed it to spring green.

Also in the original Sugimori art of Charizard, it had an underbite (you can see the lower canines poking up from the lower jaw), but after that Charizard's jaw has a more regular design.

Pichu has rounded feet with noticable toes... Pikachu has very small feet that are rather rodent-like, but the feet get big and rounded again when evolved to Raichu. Pikachu is also the only one in the line to have a full set of digits (5 fingers and toes in most pictures).

When Squirtle evolves, the tail becomes rather lusterious. But when it evolves again, the tail is just a small, hairless stump. You'd think they would have elaborated on that tail...

More middle evolution oddities:

-Gloom is the only one to have closed eyes and weird lips
    -Charmeleon is red while the other two are orange
    -Only Bayleef is yellow while the others are spring green
    -Only Quilava has the light markings that don't cover the eyes (a bit hard to explain, look at the official art). It also is the only one to have two fire sources on the body, one on the head and another on its back/rump, not to mention rather rounded paws
    -Croconaw has funky markings that resemble a stereotypical caveman's outfit, but the other ones have a yellow "V" shape (Totodile has it on the chest, Feraligatr has it on the belly)
    -Slakoth is lazy, Vigoroth is CRAZY GO NUTS, and Slaking goes back to being lazy
    -Umbreon is the only Eevee kin to have a rather visible pupil in the eye (guess it enhances that creepy look)
    -The red doo dads on the Ralts line... only Kirlia has two of them
    -Dragonair has mysterious orbs on its neck and tail
    -Seadra is very spikey and aggressive looking, but the other seahorses have relatively smooth bodies and docile appearances
    -Nidoran female evolves... her horn disappears... but when she evolves again, like magic, IT'S BACK!

and I'm sure there's more...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Jynx's face color is purple in games, and books but NOT on CARTOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
  • Iveechan said:
    I call Mewtwo a Friezaroo. Wow, that almost rhymed... got your pm Jirachi, all is forgiven :D

When Machop evolves, it becomes a storm blue-grey, but when Machoke evolves it turned back to the original pale green-grey. Machoke is also the only one to have those red arm stripes. Funky.

The original Sugimori art of Bellossom had a dark blue body like the rest of the Oddish line, but they mysteriously changed it to spring green.

Also in the original Sugimori art of Charizard, it had an underbite (you can see the lower canines poking up from the lower jaw), but after that Charizard's jaw has a more regular design.

Pichu has rounded feet with noticable toes... Pikachu has very small feet that are rather rodent-like, but the feet get big and rounded again when evolved to Raichu. Pikachu is also the only one in the line to have a full set of digits (5 fingers and toes in most pictures).

When Squirtle evolves, the tail becomes rather lusterious. But when it evolves again, the tail is just a small, hairless stump. You'd think they would have elaborated on that tail...

More middle evolution oddities:

-Gloom is the only one to have closed eyes and weird lips
    -Charmeleon is red while the other two are orange
    -Only Bayleef is yellow while the others are spring green
    -Only Quilava has the light markings that don't cover the eyes (a bit hard to explain, look at the official art). It also is the only one to have two fire sources on the body, one on the head and another on its back/rump, not to mention rather rounded paws
    -Croconaw has funky markings that resemble a stereotypical caveman's outfit, but the other ones have a yellow "V" shape (Totodile has it on the chest, Feraligatr has it on the belly)
    -Slakoth is lazy, Vigoroth is CRAZY GO NUTS, and Slaking goes back to being lazy
    -Umbreon is the only Eevee kin to have a rather visible pupil in the eye (guess it enhances that creepy look)
    -The red doo dads on the Ralts line... only Kirlia has two of them
    -Dragonair has mysterious orbs on its neck and tail
    -Seadra is very spikey and aggressive looking, but the other seahorses have relatively smooth bodies and docile appearances
    -Nidoran female evolves... her horn disappears... but when she evolves again, like magic, IT'S BACK!

and I'm sure there's more...
    Yes, all is forgiven. ^_^

I don't see why they changed Bellosom's colour, I mean, it was loooking good before that.

Yeah, I wish Raichu had the same amount of digits, but now it is just a lump. How does that THING pick up stuff???

Charizard looks tottally freaky with those underbites, if you ask me.

The sloth evolution line is wierd to me, but I still like Slaking. :nervous:

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • Yup, this is quite interesting.

PS Jirachi, why did you double post, especially with that lo~ng quote. :\

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • geodude gain's two legs and two armswhen evolving to gravler, but then loses two arms, and gains a body when evolving to golem :S

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • ekans has a normal tounge wen it should have a snake tounge*obvious*
    wigglytuff develops a white belly after evolving twice*perfect timing*
    paresect doesnt have pupils.
    venonat changes entirely wen evolveing.
    meowth has orange paws and tail but persian is plain white.
    persian could use pay day to shut coins, but it gots a ruby.
    mankey gots a tail but primeape doesnt(thats why its so angry :laugh: )
    abra, and kadabra have tails but then looses it wen its alakazam.
    machoke evolves wearing a championship thing?
    victiribell's 2nd leaf(behind it)is just floughting there...it cant do that without psychic powers.
    seel has its tounge out no matter wat.
    gastly's gas evolves into hands, then the hands fuse with hanter to make gengar.
    hitmonlee kicks but can learn mach punch through breeding.
    if chancey uses all the pp for softboil and/or egg bomb, then the sprite should change bcuz of its lack of egg
    if kangaskan uses body slam,will the baby get hurt? :knockedou
    scyther has 3 nails, sizor has mierly 1. :embarrass
    since "mr.mime" is called "mr.mime" then there should be "mrs.mime" or no female "mimes" at all :D
    porygon is a vursual pkmn so how can u battle with it, a porygon duel card?
    omanite grows a mouth wen omastar.
    if snorlax is the fattest pkmn of all, then how can it stand up.(or even lift its arm).
    dragonare's horn moves to the back of dragonites head,giving it almost no use.

*phew*tomoro(april 18)ill do 152-251,and if i have time ill do 252-386.

bubba115115

delete my acount please
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2007
    Yeah, I think that Jirachi's power is in the eye, the eye is always sleeping, but when it wake up will make wishes come true Wrong like Unows... But I never saw any movie after Pok魯n 2000, so what am I saying...

Unowns ! and ? don't totally open their eyes...

I think Mewtwo looks like Freeza... I think...
    jirachi's third eye open to absorb energy from the mellenium comet then in jirachi feeds the energy to everything in ferina you would know if you ever watched the movie and jirachi can not grant wishis it just appears to it tellaports things

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back