• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manene and Manyula's English names revealed!

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
  • Hmm.... NOt sure what to say.

Ok. We have these professional people at Nintendo and this is what they give us for Manene? Mime Jr.? That is going to be a monthful to say. Mr. Mime is easy to say but Mime Jr. is a hard one to say. Jr. Mime sounds better but ok. Yeah. Good one.

Not much to say on the other one.

Years
  • Neither of those names are really spectacular - while they're not the worst I've ever seen, they're also far from from being the best...

"Weavile" annoys me a bit. It makes me think of things besides something that's a sneasel evolution - such as "weevil" (as in the species of insect). >_< "Mime Jr." is rather boring; but then again, "Mr. Mime" is the same way, so I wasn't expecting anything too grand, admittedly.

Serebii and Celibi

Lucario on building
    Years
  • Well finnally nintendo has the english names and that means Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is closer to come to dvd i,m ozzing with happienes.but to bad i won,t be here until Saturday night.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • Wow...Mime jr.???
    As much as I dislike the name and dislike admitting this it makes sense seeing as how it's evolved form is Mr. Mime ><;

But I seriously preffer the Japanese names over these two.
    Weavile is...weird...I couldn't possibly have been able to relate it to Sneasel if I hadn't seen this thread. The names are just bleh.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Remember folks, it's most likely pronounces Wee-Vyle. "Wea" as in weasel, and "Vile" as in, cruel or malicious. Not the other kind of vile >>;

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Yech

I guess they both make sense and all, but couldn't they show some more creativity? Mime Jr. is okay and doesn't really fase me... bu Weavile? Come on. I like Manuyala better...

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Its as original as Seel's name. Its a seal, yet they only change one letter the capitalize the word. That's not really changing anything.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Mmm... we all use these names eventually. I think Weavile is a pretty good name. o.o;

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Nah those names suck....

They shoulda stuck with the japanese. But wait, there are the 10 year old american kids that have to be bought in. >_<

Years
  • Hmm... Mime Jr. sounds nothing but ok. Many of us guessed it months ago anyway... :P Weavile sounds a bit... terrible. I'm not sure really but I hate it. I prefer Manyula really...

Back