• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ [ray.z's] substitute showcase ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    SUBSTITUTE SPLICES
    UPDATED

1st Generation

Beedrill

Hitmonchan

Rhydon

2nd Generation

3rd Generation

Groudon

Raquaza

Umm ... so yeah. Tell me what you think ( :) or :( ) .
    I'll also be putting some more up another day.

Maybe :P

Put more up.

I've decided that due to a lack of inspiration (or increase in difficulty :P), that I will accept suggestions through PM.

And now, for all your viewing pleasure, may I present to you ...

MEXICAN HAT DANCING SUBSTITUTE

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, well I dunno.

I was just browsing through my sprites for some reason (I should have been doing other stuff :P), when I came across these substitute sprites I had, and I just suddenly got this urge to make a Pikachu splice.

*sigh* the story of my inspiration.

And by the way, do you mean interesting in a good or bad way? Or do you just mean interesting.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Interesting in a very good way... These are great. I can't see any flaws, and they would make a better replacements in the games than normal substitutes (boring...). For example Flygon uses Substitute, out comes a substitute with Flygon characteristics. 10/10 I say! 10/10!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well thanks Adam. I know those substitutes are boring hehehe.

Y'know I like the Flygon one too - I think it's the hair.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I've put more up. Only first and second generation pokemon though.

@ Evil Ducky: Note that there is a Crocanaw splice up there now, but I actually did it before I read your post. I thought about doing a totodile splice today, but I decided against it. But after relooking at it, I think I might have it up here tomorrow if I have access to the net.

Anyway, chances are I'll have a few more up tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Anoither update. This time it's a few second third generation pokemon.

But look!

MEXICAN HAT DANCING SUBSTITUTE.
    And it actually dances!

sv-lucia-sv

me...only me...no-one else...
    Years
  • i like the idea of substitute splices very much.very original. there are only 2 im goin to critisize & that would be the smoothum.the hair isnt the rite size i dnt think & the shadings off.
    pluss the ralts hase the same proplem.the green thing on its head seems to small but the shadeings fine on that 1.i espesially like the ludicolo & breloom. u've got all the small details in n thats hard to do.
    great work!

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • I absolutely love these! Flygon looks amazing! But I will have to agree with sv-lucia-sv, the Ralts one doesn't look right, but otherwise, amazing. It would be a 10/10 if not for the Ralts, but I'll give you a 9.9/10, which is almost as good!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeh the Smoochum I had to flip the hair on the original sprite and reshade it. It was a difficullt reshade (I ain't that used to pkmn sprites).

I had to resize and reshade the Ralts one as well, and I always thought it looked retarded cause of the way the "hat" is on.

But thanks for the cc.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    they all look great 10/10 but i really love the Snubble one 20/20 keep it up

Years
  • Compared to most splices I see, these are rather unique - I like them.

Oddly enough, some of my favorites out of these include the croconaw and mudkip; and I say "oddly" because those two pokemon aren't even favorites of mine. However, their features just seem to merge with the substitute doll so well.

The Mexican Dancing Substitute is rather cute also. ^^

I'd like to see how far you could possibly go with this idea; it'd be neat to see how you handle various other kinds of pokemon.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    what would be really unique is seeing Trainer Subs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back