• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Elemental legendaries

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    What do you think D/P will have

R/B/Y-Birds
    G/S/C-Dogs
    R/S/E-Golems

D/P-?

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    never mind that- who'll be the guardians for the regi's?

but anyways... legendary pokemon based on real legendary animals?
    like loch ness monster; yeti; chupacabra; giant squid;

if i had to guess - dinosaurs, related to time.

*eedit*oh btw, they're not dogs; they're cats (sabre cat; lion; tiger);

Last edited:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • machine??

Proabably something to do with time and space or maybe machinery so maybe 3 machine like ledgendarys...

what?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    "legendary" "machines"

that could be cool, but legendaries are supposed to be ancient.
    and registeel already looks like a robot.

a fake animal species related to time are the hounds of tindalos, which travel through time to capture their prey and appear at acute angles. they might base a legendary on that.
    *I got that from houndoom's wikipedia article.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • Dinosaurs would rock! I'm a big dinosaur fan! ^-^ *really wants to see a Stegosaurus pokemon now*

Also I like the idea of legendaries that are legends; that's something really interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    *eedit*oh btw, they're not dogs; they're cats (sabre cat; lion; tiger);

They're called Legendary DOGS. And besides, I can't see Suicune as a cat, nor can I see cat Pokemon learning Roar.

The problem with a Time-related trio is that we're looking at time AND SPACE in D/P, so who knows what it'll be...

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Suicune is a lynx or something similar. Definitely a cat. Fits with the lion (Entei) and sabre-tooth tiger (Raikou).

The three are referred in every game as legendary Dogs even on the TV show or movie, can't remember...

Doesn't matter anyway.

I hope D/P have cool legendaries that aren't psychic type, I'm sick of that. Kyogre and Groundon are cool...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    They're called Legendary DOGS. And besides, I can't see Suicune as a cat, nor can I see cat Pokemon learning Roar.
    Uh... No. As Tootache already said, Suicune is a lynx-ish Pokémon, Raikou is a saber tooth tiger and Entei is a lion. As for the Roar thing: So you have no problem imagining Articuno letting out a scary Roar, then? -_-
    The three are referred in every game as legendary Dogs even on the TV show or movie, can't remember...
    I haven't seen them been called dogs anywhere. Besides, Nintendo has already confirmed that they are indeed cats. There was a thread about it on PC quite a while ago.

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • It wold likely be dragons, as they are one of the few that are left to make legends out of, and they make the most sense out of those few.

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Cool I would absolutely love the game if that happened, they would be really cool too. Can't wait to see if they will have it. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It wouldn't ever happen, but I would like it if DP didn't add any more Legendaries than the too many that have already been confirmed. Legendaries too easily become a crutch to too many trainers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Legendary Dragons? We've already had them they are Rayquaza, Latios and Latias. I'd rather see something diffrent how about guardians of three natural elements. I dont think they've had that.

We could have the protector of the forests a grass pokemon that looks like mastodon but its fur is made of leaves and has vines growing on its tusks, that is found deep in a forrest temple. A keeper of the fire which is a fire breathing black anaconda found in deep in a underground cave. And a giant squid the defender of the seas

what?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Legendary Dragons? We've already had them they are Rayquaza, Latios and Latias. I'd rather see something diffrent how about guardians of three natural elements. I dont think they've had that.

We could have the protector of the forests a grass pokemon that looks like mastodon but its fur is made of leaves and has vines growing on its tusks, that is found deep in a forrest temple. A keeper of the fire which is a fire breathing black anaconda found in deep in a underground cave. And a giant squid the defender of the seas

sceptile is already guardian of the forest, according to pokedex.

and who exactly is abusing fire? lol. I can imagine a superhero coming to the rescue of fire.
    and then they die out anyways....

as for water, lugia is the guardian of the sea.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I think that first we should decide on what we think that the legendary trio's types are. Then we should go from there... seeing as some people think every legendary pokemon is the "guardian" of something.

I'm hoping for a Dark type legendary pokemon at least... maybe a griffin?
    I doubt it though, since the legendary trio usually represent elements that are related... maybe Ghost, Dark, and Bug type legendary? The Ghost and Dark go together I guess, but the Bug was just a random idea of mine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    I like that idea the griffin can be dark, have a ghost that resembles osiris, and the bug could be like a scarab or something.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I like that idea the griffin can be dark, have a ghost that resembles osiris, and the bug could be like a scarab or something.
    That would be interesting, since they already have a legendary that represents Anubis.

Back