• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    hrrm, it looks okay for a beginner
    the face is sorta messed up with the shirt covering half the face
    and one arm is sorta bigger than the other
    6/10

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • You have to provide at least 4 sprites, when making a showcase thread.
    Please provide the 3 remaining samples, or this thread will be closed.

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
  • i like the style of his look but the colors doesnt suit each other purple and puke green dosnt blend in right..the hair style looks nice, if u change the color and add in some shade then it will be a great sprite

for now i will give it a 4.5/10...good job for first try, keep it up

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    hmmm.... i think you've been using default colours from Paint. thats a big no-no! lol and NEVER EVER save as a jpg! either PNG or even a GIF is so much better!
    also... keep lines to ONE PIXEL. i.e. in the scratch round the 'feet' its chunky.
    pixel art is painstaking and takes a long time, packing a TON of detail, crated pixel by pixel.
    for things like scratches, avoid using anything other than the pancil tool for the lineart... possibly the bezier, if you think its really necissary.
    i dont think these sprites/pixel arts are p'ticuly bad. especialy for a first shot. a lot better than some of the things ive seen!
    try looking in the spriters resource thread thingy for tutorials, its sticked at the top of the PA area!
    remember to add lots and lots of loverly shading next time! 8D
    and i hope to see atleat two more sprites from you, so your thread wont be closed! >: (!!!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back