• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: For all the pokemon gamers here, do you watch the pokemon anime?

Do you watch the pokemon anime? If so, which ones? (Check all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
Years
  • Hey, I was wondering how many people who play the pokemon games actually watch the anime as well, so just check all that apply.

My answer was yes, but only the subs and raws now.

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • I put it in gaming so that gamers would see it, i mentioned gamers like 10 times. There already is a poll like this here from like last week. Please put it back, it's ment for the gamers to see. Obivously the people who come to this section watch it.

Years
  • Sorry, but I can only watch the Dubbed ones. I really, REALLY don't trust the subbed ones for only one thing. Translation could be horrible. I know a few animes that's been subbed, and let me tell you, I was scared to watch that anime ever again. And the japanese versions?

I don't understand a word they say since I'm not Japanese. I no nothing of the language. *sob*

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Yes well... I watched the King of the Forbidden Forest episode... japanese without subs... and regardless of what they were saying... it turned out to be one of my favorite episodes... ldfjnbdlfs, maybe its just because I like Venusaur... i dunno

Years
  • The Johto league is mainly boredom ... they should make TR appear like once in ever 3-4 episodes instead of poppin gout of nowhere eveytime. Much of the series [Johto], it was like they made the plot at 3:00 in the morning... O_O

(if you don't know me, you will... XD)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
  • The Pokemon anime is my #1 favorite show. It's what really got me going on Pokemon. I watch the dubs because that's really all you can get straight forth in America, however a friend of mine, whenever I can actually find him online, will send me eps in Japanese, and I can say for a fact that the Japanese version beats the heck out of the dub. Even if you can't understand the language it isn't that hard to find out what's going on, and the voices, music, names, and everything else are much better. I hate 4Kids. They cut eps, alter lines, change names, make their own music...in fact they seem to change everything they can. Bakayarus. I actually still enjoy watching the first season dubs probably because that's all I knew of back then and they almost seem to have been dubbed better back then. I get I just have good memories with those eps so I don't mind them dubbed. But the newer ones, especially Advanced Generation, need to be in Japanese. Haruka's dub voice isn't near as good as her Japanese one, and really some of the other characters have gotten really annoying dub voices, including Pokemon. And then there's the openings. I don't see why they had to be messed with at all. I still like the first season dub theme, at least that sounded like classic Pokemon music and sounded more Japanese-like than the others. But the later ones are not so great, and have lost quality. I know I cannot stand the new one. It sounds way too American-Pop-like. When watching the dub I just mute the TV when the opener plays and I imagine the Japanese one, which is so much better I can't even describe it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    no... i don't care much for anime. the show isn't even all that true to the game, which makes me sad. ever since i saw pikachu thunderbolt an onix... (episode 2 or something?) i've had 0 interest.

Years
  • Yeah, it is kind of annoying how in the show they do things like... electric-type moves defeating an Onix, Agility doing damage... it's like breaking there own rules ><

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • pokemon would be infinitely times better with different plots instead of the team rocket steals a pokemon and try to steal pikachu, they succeed and ash chases after them and returns the stolen pokemon

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I don't knopw why, but I don't get bored of the same plot over and over again.
    I guess it's because they change the scenes and scenarios every time. So my
    answer to your question is a "yes; I do watch pokemon."

Back