• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Stupidest Thing You've Ever Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
Years
  • Now, we're all intelligent people here. Perhaps some more than others, but regardless of intellect or IQ or amount of education, we all have brains that function. This thread is to discuss those little moments where our brain seems to stop functioning - if for only a short period of time - and we completely humiliate ourselves. So post here some of the stupidest things you've ever done (you can put them in italics so we know when the story starts)... and I'll start.

I'm a fairly intelligent person, above average I'll even give myself. However, I can be extremely absent minded... and it shows in some of things I've done. For example...

One time last semester up at Uni, I did my normal OCD routine, got dressed, equipped myself with tissues and pens, and put my watch on (now my watch is square and doesn't have a seconds hand, or numbers, just a bunch of notches, if you all know what kind of watch that is). Although, when I got to class that morning, I noticed that the time on my watch was always wrong... ALWAYS. I had to resort to asking my friends what time it was, and going by that. I was genuinely confused for the entire day, because I'm neurotic about time, and my watch is never wrong. NEVER, since I set it to the "atomic time", I guess it's called.

It was only after I got home from classes at the end of the day that I realized I had put my watch on upside down.

That is perhaps the most moronic thing I've ever done. But it makes a great story! I've had a lot of brain farts in my time, but that one takes he cake, only because that was a brain fart that lasted all day.

Another thing I've done... you know how on the breakfast menu of most restaurants, under the eggs, it has an option like "Two Eggs, Any Style"? Well, the waitress came over, and I ordered; I said, "I'll take two eggs any style." And everyone at my table burst out laughing.

Man... for the amount of pointless knowledge locked into my memory palace, I've done some STUPID things in my life.

Now tell us some of YOUR stories! And don't worry about making a fool of yourself, because it's happened to us all. ;)

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Stupid things, well theres been alot in my life, I'll try to remember back to one of the most recent... it wasn't really a stupid thing, but a stupid thought. When I thought there was only three DCC's existing, and um somehow Tali and I got into a convo about it, and then at the end of it all, I realised my settings were on thread cut off for four weeks and not display all. Doesn't seem stupid now, but it was then.

Oh, and one really recent, was trusting that someone would keep something I said a secret and instead revealed, said they already told the person, when they didn't. Nobody else would find it stupid, but I did, so I felt stupid for saying the comment in the first place, and trusting the person would keep quiet about it.

I've done loads more stupid things, so if I remember them, yeah I'll post them, 'cause I'm sure that isn't all.

shinx^2

Arf!
    Years
  • I'm a fairly intelligent person, above average I'll even give myself. However, I can be extremely absent minded... and it shows in some of things I've done.
    Well, well. The absent-minded professor, are you?
    I am as well. Although I am considered a near-genius
    individual by allies and foes alike, I generate a wide,
    abundant variety of mistakes at the acme of emotional
    distress, such as total dominance of depression, anger,
    or physical pain. For example, my mother screamed at
    me one morning for a very, very long time for breaking
    her blender. I ran away that morning. When she got me
    to come back, I had to go to school. I pulled the screen
    door open too fast and ripped it off of the wall.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've done a lot of stupid things, but recently I made a fool of myself.

It was break time at College right, and I was about to "Empty the ol' septic tank!" If ya get what i mean. Anyways, there i was fumbling around like an idiot trying to find my buttons, only to realise that in my morning rush, I had never taken my Pajama shorts off, but merely placed my jeans on above them, needless to say I felt quite a fool.

roxas123

Trainer
    Years
  • The stupidist thing I have ever done in my life was (Friends ruined it) break up with a really nice girl in sixth grade. Cause I still liked her but she moved away last year before I could tell her I still liked her. But w/e life goes on. There are plent of fish in the sea :P

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • 1. I fell and nearly drowned in a lake while trying to poke some tadpoles with a stick.

2. I pee'd into a jelly cup and threw it at my teacher. I was in kindergarten then, but I still remember it.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • ONE TIME, AT BAND CAMP ...

Well actually, I have never been to any camp before. But there was this one time where I called the operator and asked her a bunch of dumb questions that were SO out of my superiority complex such as "What time is it?" when I had complete clear access to it. I think I called her names too. It was quite a while ago.

Yeah I know. Stupid. :U

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • I flipped off my assistant principal on the last day of school as the buses pulled off.

Hey I did that once when I was in elementary school lol.

Also the stupidest that I have done is... *WARNING THIS MIGHT SOUND WEIRD* but I once toke a piss on a tartantula hole in my frontyard and the tartantula came out so I dash out(man I'm lucky the tartantula didn't bit me in you know what) also my mom was coming by the frontyard at the exact moment(but she didn't see a thing so lucky again lol)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Hey I did that once when I was in elementary school lol.

Also the stupidest that I have done is... *WARNING THIS MIGHT SOUND WEIRD* but I once toke a piss on a tartantula hole in my frontyard and the tartantula came out so I dash out(man I'm lucky the tartantula didn't bit me in you know what) also my mom was coming by the frontyard at the exact moment(but she didn't see a thing so lucky again lol)

Do tarantulas dig holes?

You sure you didn't piss on a Brown Recluse hole? If you did, that would be even stupider, since that's one of the most aggresive and toxic spiders known.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • The Stupidest thing I've ever done was

Going out into the parking lot where i used to work. 2 years ago I think, and I know it was going to down pour, so as soon as it started to Drizzle and we heard the Thunder, one at a time we went o move our cars to the front of the building.

I went first and as soon as I got outside, I remembered that I was dropped off so my Mom could borrow my car. I went back inside and both my coworkers asked um..wheres your car and I told them I my mom had it.

One of my Blonde moments!

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Okie...I've still yet to remember the stupidest thing I ever did, but I don remember the stupidest thing I've ever said...

So, we were talking about cell phones on my bus and what advanced things they can do. I suddenly burst out, "Soon, you'll be able to order pizza on them!" And then, it took me two seconds to realize what I said XD; That was stupid :P

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Okie...I've still yet to remember the stupidest thing I ever did, but I don remember the stupidest thing I've ever said...

So, we were talking about cell phones on my bus and what advanced things they can do. I suddenly burst out, "Soon, you'll be able to order pizza on them!" And then, it took me two seconds to realize what I said XD; That was stupid :P

Wow too funny. One time me and some friends were playing phone tag in school. I forgot my cell in my locker and everytime it rang - it vibrated so you could hear the lockes start to vibrate in the hallway.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
  • Another stupidest thing but ended up funny later on was this.

I was going to get out of the truck and hit my head on the window because I didn't open the door first. As I got out of the truck I saw a woman laughing a bit and then she when to shut her door and slammed her childs finger in the car door.

I'm still Luaghing now I can't get over it... LOL

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    The stupidest thing I did was... When this girl told me she was from Austria, I said "G'day Sheila! Hope ya'll get out of the lil billabong yer in!"

Oh my god, I was so embarrased.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Nothing really sticks out in my mind as the stupidest thing I've ever done, however I do remember one very stupid thing I did during football.

See, in football there's one week of pure conditioning, the infamous "Hell Week". The night before the first day of hell week, I was talking to my girlfriend all night. I think I must've fell asleep on the phone around 4AM, but I had to wake up at 6AM that morning to go to practice. I didn't eat anything or drink anything, I just went straight to practice. I didn't even have dinner the day before hell week, so I did everything on an empty stomach. We did tackling drills, major conditioning with our pads on, obstacle courses, game simulations, weight lifting, and running timed miles. Towards the middle of practice, I was so sleep-deprived, thirsty, and hungry that I started to get light headed. I remember I fell into the arms of my friend, pretty much lifeless. After that I guess I totally blanked out, because the next thing I remember is coach dragging me to the water fountain and me arguing with him that I was perfectly fine, I didn't want to be treated like a little kid. He forced me to drink water, so I sipped a little to satisfy him and went back to practice even after the coaches repeatedly told me to stay out of practice. Needless to say, I definitely pushed the limits of everything I had that day, but I felt the aftermath of it all week.

Definitely a stupid move on my part though. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back