• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Impression on Pokemon

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
Years
  • When you first saw anything that had to do with Pokemon what was your impression?

Zeo

Moron
    Years
  • I thought it was weird cos I had no idea why a kid was dragging a little yellow creature along the ground with string.

as veiwing continued I grew to like it and eventually love it

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • When I first saw Pokemon in a magazine, I thought it was stupid because they were talking about how hugely popular it was in Japan and it didn't look like much to me.

+el_pal

Call meh Zee. Really.
    Years
  • Lots of people I know first thoguht it was stupid too. With me, I saw Pikachu and thoguht it was cute. Then as I discovered more I started to like the battling stuff too.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • When I first saw a big pictiure in a gaming magazine of what I thought was Pikachu back in 94'-95'. I immediately started reading up on it. My first impression of it was.. *why?* lol. Suffice to say, I got curious and bought the red version a bit later and got hooked *almost* ever since.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Actually, I don't know what got it me into Pokemon. Just happened. o.o; But the game made me dig it. =T

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
  • I remember it started when my little brothers friend talked to my brother about it. Then I thought, sounds intrestingly unusual. I don't think I understood it then, ("what do you mean they capture them?") Which is funny, cause later i became like, the local pokemon proffessor! I knew more then anyone, and they came to me for information. Ah, I miss the days. I wasn't very good at cards though, locally I was okay, but I lost at tournements horribly.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I first saw it when I saw the episode "Hypno's Naptime" at 6:30 AM some morning in 1998 when I was in the 5th grade...my absolute first reaction was why the creature on the screen (Drowzee) had the accent of a Russian vampire, and a few minutes later, who the idiots on the hang-gliders were (it was Team Rocket :P )

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Well, my freinds were all talking about it. By the time I noticed it I saw the Pokemon yellow advert and watched an episode. I was soooooo confused. I carried on watching and I understood.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • the very first pok?mon-related thing I saw was a magazine advertisement when I was 11. It was that picture with a lot of pok?mon (among them were Pikachu, Gengar, Pidgeot, Geodude, Poliwhirl, Charizard, Bulbasaur) underneath a net and above it it said "gotcha!" It was wierd, cuz the geodude's positioning in the picture made it look like he was holding the net (even though he wasn't). I also misread "Pok?mon" as "Pok? Man", so I spent the month or two between that day and the day I got my red version thinking that Geodude was a superhero-ish creature (possibly a ripoff of Kirby) that went out nd trapped other wierd creatures in a net.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I was like 9, ,the cards had been popular at my school and then gameboy colors came out and pokemon. We been tight ever since.

Years
  • My oldest sister asked me, "Have you heard of that stupid little cartoon Pokemon?"
    (except with more colorful word choice).
    And that was the first time I heard of it... so the first few months of knowing just what it was I ignored it... and then when it became really popular in school I liked it... then eventually loved it ^_^

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • I was in the 3rd grade...And EVERYONE was obsessed with pokemon, I even saw stuff on the news about fights over pokemon cards, and how pokemon stuff was banned from schools...people at school almost always had stuffed pokemon toys, Ash action figure things, etc...I thought, 'How stupid...hopefully it'll just go away...' But then I learned about all the pokemon and then knew more about it than anyone else in the class! ^^

Back