• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Dubbed Pokemon Names?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
As every generation comes out, there bounds to be an "Ugly Pokemon" or "Bad Name" type of thread to diss the new stuff and saying how the Kanto Pokemon are so far better and is definitely the best in design, and other blah blah...

So, let's reverse the topic.

What are some of your favorite dubbed Pokemon names that you think is really fitting to the Pokemon and sounds real good in English?

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
Years
Hmmm...

Well, save for a few exceptions(Which I won't mention, as I'm sure people don't want to hear me whine and complain.), I'm actually pretty happy with most of the Pokemon dub names. Among my favorites, though, would have to be the entire Piplup line, Torterra, Infernape and Carnivine.

Piplup is my absolute fave out of this gen, though. :3 (Though I'm sure there are tons of people out there who would beg to differ.)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Yeah, I can write a bigger list of the names I am not pleased with, but heh, let's take a look at some of the better ones.

Mismagius, I like. Same with Lucario, as both seem fitting for them. I'd also have to agree with Kasedilla about the starters. ^_^

Back