• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype of the Day: Fighting!

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I can't post pictures or urls until I have 15+ posts, so this doesn't look as pretty as I want it to. But bear with me, it will soon.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mienshao is almost the perfect scout. Fake Out gives me free damage, while also letting me check the opponent's item in some cases, such as Leftovers, and negating Sturdy and Sash. Hi Jump Kick is a powerful stab that can pretty much OHKO almost anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge can hit most foes that resist its STAB. U-Turn lets me switch out with free damage against anything that doesn't outspeed him.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch

Breloom is an amazing attacker. He can spore anything that he's faster than, or even switch-in, which essentially gives him a free Focus Punch. Seed Bomb is a more reliable Grass STAB for him, while Mach Punch has priority.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind

Because Keldeo is amazing and he doesn't need an explanation.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Terrakion essentially can tear apart most Pokemon in the metagame. Not all, but a lot. Close Combat and Stone Edge hit powerfully with STAB, and Earthquake gives EQ coverage. X-Scissor is there because it's the only other good thing to put on a Choice set.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

He used to be Hitmontop, but Lee came in because I needed a faster spinner. HJK is for powerful STAB, and EdgeQuake for coverage.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Because I needed a decent Flying/Psychic resist (actually, he's neutral, but whatever.) I used a Special set for him because they aren't too common in the Fighting type realm. Vacuum Wave has priority, Dragon Pulse for things that resist AS, and HP Fire for extra coverage.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
HP Ice is the best option over Mienshao's Stone Edge or Fake Out, as this lets it hit Landorus, Gliscor, Salamence and Dragonite without having to resort to Stone Edge. But the set is still fine if you can't get the right IVs for it.

Techniloom is now the way to go, even though Poison Heal sets will have to play differently:
-Bullet Seed
-Low Sweep
-Mach Punch
-Spore/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Technician

or
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Spore
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry

or
-Bullet Seed
-Force Palm/Low Sweep
-Stone Edge
-Spore
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf

IMO, Keldeo is still better off with Timid, as tying with the other musketeers and Infernape who use Choice Scarf may be important.

EQ is redundant with Terrakion's Close Combat. Since Rock + Fighting have good coverage already, you can use Sacred Sword or Rock Slide as more reliable STABs. And from what I've seen, you have too many Choice users, and that could be a bad thing if you don't predict well enough. You seem to lack entry hazards here, so Terrakion can set up Stealth Rock for you:
-Stealth Rock
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance/Taunt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Air Balloon

Hitmontop is still a better Rapid Spinner than Hitmonlee because of the latter's extreme physical fraility; Hitmonlee is better off smashing the opposition rather than supporting. Hitmontop also has better defenses, making it easier for it to get Rapid Spins in. Also, like I said before, Earthquake is redundant with Fighting:
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight/Toxic
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Rest
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

Or you can try Hitmonchan, who has better bulk than Hitmonlee, and hits harder than Hitmontop:
-Foresight
-Rapid Spin
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist

What's the purpose of HP Fire on Lucario? I don't see much use of it, TBH. HP Ice is the better HP type to use on it for the same reason as Mienshao. Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse are better coverage options over Dragon Pulse; Fighting + Ghost/Dark is basically unresisted coverage (even though Fighting + Dark is resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak). Or you can opt for a Nasty Plot set:
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
-Vacuum Wave/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

If you want to keep Specs, that's fine:
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Specs

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

It's Perfect. Doesn't need any changes.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Mach Punch

With Spore, you doesn't need any priorty. Nor you need Focus Punch. Replace them with Stone Edge and Sky Uppercut.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind

Good set but Icy Wind is a bit weak. Replace it with Ice Beam.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Pefect Set.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Same as above.

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Replace HP fire with Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I prefer to keep Focus Punch, solely for its gimmickyness and how well it actually works with Spore.

Modest gives Keldeo more power, and he doesn't learn Ice Beam, Aryan.

I'll switch out Lee for Chan and see how it goes.

I'm also going to give Lucario Ice, and swap Dragon for Shadow Ball.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To add to what I said about Breloom, it might need Substitute to work because it forces more switches alongside Spore. If you Spore something, the opponent is bound to switch, giving you time to get a Sub up:
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
Nature: Impish
EVs: 236 HP/252 Def/20 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge/Seed Bomb/Facade
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

While Breloom may get walled more easily, that's what you have your other Pokémon for.

Back