• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AtavanHalen343's Little Cup Champeenship Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
570.gif

Spike @ Eviolite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd, 96 SpAtk, 160 Atk
Nature: Mild
- Extrasensory
- Night Daze
- Hidden Power Fire
- U-Turn

Spike does what a Zorua normally does: surprises. He's got a decent Special Attack stat and Speed stat, so I've tried to make the best of those. Extrasensory is for those pesky Fighting types, Night Daze gives him a good STAB move, while Hidden Power deals with the rare Steel type. U-Turn is merely for the sake of getting Spike out when he's in trouble, and allowing me to switch in a counter.

546.gif

Amber @ Flame Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Switcheroo
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Yeah, I know: I'm not running Encore. Yes, I know, it's almost blasphemy, but I'm sticking with this choice. This allows me to switch Amber in on any Physical Sweeper and cripple them immediately. Plus, there's the good chance foes may have Eviolite, which would assist with her frailty. Then, I proceed abuse Prankster, like any good Cottonee would.

554.gif

Makamakahi @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk
Nature: Adamant
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Rock Slide

Makamakahi is my revenge killer. Superpower provides great coverage, while Flare Blitz is a hard hitting STAB move. Rock Slide is an okay move merely there for a stronger move with less of a downside. U-Turn is to get a hit in and then shake off the stat drops from Superpower.

092.gif

Phaze @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SpAtk
Nature: Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Phaze is my special sweeper, running (heh heh) a hit-and-run set. With Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb filling the strong STAB category, Thunderbolt and Energy Ball provide good coverage, as well as being pretty strong themselves. Not too much to look into here. He does his job pretty well.

517.gif

Sharlot @ Eviolite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 134 Def, 156 SpDef, 220 SpAtk
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Stored Power

I'm very happy with Sharlot. Eviolite helps boost her already decent defenses, and Moonlight provides recovery, seeing as weather is very uncommon in LC. Afterwards, spam Calm Mind, then sweep with Stored Power. Hidden Power Fighting is for those pesky Steel types and Dark types. Debating on dropping Barrier for Substitute, but I'll collect some opinions first

366.gif

Perla @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpDef, 252 SpAtk
- Shell Smash
- Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Shell Smash is ridiculously good, and DeepSeaTooth only adds to the sting it causes. Perla (it's a dude) is my other special sweeper, as Phaze plays more of a special reveng killer. Pretty simple set up here. He's a powerful little bugger, especially once he's smashed (hee hee). Ice Beam provides nice coverage with Surf supplying the main STAB power to the set. Hidden Power Grass is for little guys called Chinchou.

Well, this is the Champeenship Contenders Team! I'm rather new to the competitive battle scene, and even newer to the Little Cup tier. I saw it and found it to be an intriguing and fun-sounding challenge, so, naturally, I haphazardly constructed a team and got their movesets together. I'm rather happy with it, though. Lemme know what you think ^.^

Last edited:
Years
Alright, I can help rate your team and change a few things:

570.gif

Naive or Hasty nature
Illusion
Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 HP, 200 Sp. Attack, 240 Speed
- Dark Pulse / Night Daze
- Hidden Power Fighting / Fire
- U-turn
- Pursuit / Extrasensory

This is a recommended set according to Smogon, Dark Pulse is nice cos of the flinching side-effect it can give to the foe, Extrasensory deals with Fighting-types, U-turn to hit and switch and Hidden Power Fighting or Fire for extra coverage. Zorua has good enough Speed to effectively flinch the foe with Dark Pulse and/or Extrasensory. Night Daze can be considered instead of Dark Pulse, but has lower accuracy and higher power.

546.gif

Bold nature
Prankster
Eviolite / Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP, 196 Defense, 196 Sp. Defense, 72 Speed
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Cotton Guard
- Encore / Stun Spore
- Hidden Power Fire

Thanks to the Prankster ability, Cottonee can set up Substitute, Leech Seed and other status moves before the opponent can even attack. Eviolite or Leftovers are well recommended for your item. Flame Orb doesn't do any good unless if it's on something with Guts. Hidden Power Fire helps you deal with most of Grass's weaknesses, especially Bug and Ice, and to deal damage on Steel as well. You will need a Bold nature cos Cottonee's strategy revolves around defensiveness and set-up.

554.gif

Jolly nature
Hustle
Choice Scarf / Choice Band
EVs: 116 HP, 196 Attack, 196 Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Yours is looking good, almost perfect except replace the Eviolite with a Choice Band/Scarf for the item, and get a Jolly nature. Also, remember to use the EV spread I provided for you.

092.gif

Timid nature
Levitate
Oran Berry / Life Orb / Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP, 40 Defense, 200 Sp. Attack, 200 Speed
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting / Hypnosis
- Sludge Bomb

Try this moveset, it's one of Gastly's best. With an Eviolite equipped, Gastly's defenses get really pumped up. Timid is recommended for the nature so you get that Speed boost. Use the EV spread I mentioned, and change your moves around for these and you should be ready to go.

517.gif

Bold nature
Synchronize
Light Clay
EVs: 228 HP, 76 Defense, 60 Sp. Attack, 76 Sp. Defense, 4 Speed
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat
- Yawn

Munna is bulky and is best at setting up. Reflect and Light Screen together is part of its strategy, and with a Light Clay, the screens can be kept up for a little longer. Yawn can help shut down your opponent with sleep. Remember that Bold is one of the best natures for defensive Pokemon.

366.gif

Modest nature
Rattled
DeepSeaTooth / Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP, 248 Sp. Attack, 180 Speed (Also include IVs of 30 Attack, 30 Sp. Attack)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Substitute
- Hidden Power Fire

Clamperl's Defense is nothing to sneeze at, it has good bulkiness that makes it tough to take down in the Little Cup. Surf will serve for your main attack, Hidden Power Fire for things that are weak to Fire (Steel, Ice, Bug, Grass) and Ice Beam for additional coverage against Flying and Dragon-types. Shell Smash weakens your defenses a little but this is Clamperl's strategy cos it also boosts Speed, Attack and Sp. Attack by two stages. You will need to get a Clamperl from the Dream World in order to get Rattled for the ability as it is a Hidden Ability. Make sure you get Modest for the nature.

My work here is done, and good luck!

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Could a mod please close this? I didn't think through this enough and I'm not gonna be using/updating this team further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back