• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Evil Within

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I saw a video of the game play recently and while I've not exactly been following many games as of late, this one looks plain mean. I mean, it's brutal. I'll definitely buy it next year.

For a long time, horror games have not impressed me a great deal. This is because they tend to all focus on action. Even now, Shinji Mikami had to admit that to sell more games in the Resident Evil saga, they had to sacrifice the scares in favour of gun based action. It's time they did something about that and it looks like The Evil Within is trying hard to be that genre again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Well yeah, there are simple games that focus on action. A lot of these games are good imo. While the God of War series has some puzzles, it mainly focuses on action. Games such as God Hand which are button mashers mainly focus on action; these are some of the best games ever made.

Maybe the creators want to try something different?

There have been some god scary games such as Dead Space, F.E.A.R., and some of the Silent Hill games.

Back