• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best way to sell a lot of 500+ Pokemon cards?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    Hello, I just recently found my huge collection of Pokemon cards from my childhood. As I have no use for them anymore, I decided that I want to sell them. I've done a little research as I think I can make some money off of them since I probably have 500+ cards and I've narrowed down my options to 1. Selling them in bulk on Ebay 2. Selling them individually/small lots on Ebay 3. Selling them to a site like Troll and Toad. The first option would be the easiest as It would take little work compared to the other options but I'm worried that I won't make as much money off of it. The second option would probably make me the most money but it would take a long time for me to do research on the value of the cards and posting all of them. Lastly, I've never done business with Troll and Toad so I'm not sure if they'll give me a reasonable price for the amount of cards I have. Thanks in advance for the replies! =)

P.S. If I go with the second option, do you guys have any advice on how to organize the cards to sell like by rarity or set?

Years
  • IIRC, Troll and Toad tends to buy in bulk prices, so you may not get the total value for them.

As for which way is best, it depends on how much time you're willing to invest in selling them. For a half-step between selling them all at once and selling them individually and in small lots, you could group them by rarity and sell each of the 3 or 4 rarity levels as separate lots (I'd recommend selling the non-holo rares and holo rares together for ease of sale if you go this route), since chances are pretty low that you have a complete set in either the unlimited or 1st edition prints with just 500 cards.

Back