• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Land RP (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There is/are 3 open spot(s). When spots are open, post them in this thread.
    ~MAIN THREAD~

INTRODUCTION
    You are a Trainer in a region called Lementos. You'll face new adventures, new places, new Trainers, new terrain and even better, a new future! Your path of destiny awaits!~

REGION​

The region of Lementos is a very isolated and remote region. The landmass has a variety of elements and Pokemon. Trainers by the minimal age of 11 are permitted by law to own a Pokemon.

History
    The region's history is quite vague and historians are constantly looking for answers to Lementos' origin. But one fact is certain, Lementos has a link to Arceus and Sinnoh. It was said that when Arceus created the universe and Sinnoh, an unnoticeable mass of energy particles was unused by Arceus. Before Arceus went into a deep sleep, the legendary Regigigas unintentionally tugged that huge chunk of energy together with the planet and thus, the region Lementos was formed. No other regions knew about this unique continent and communication between Lementos and the outside world was rare and difficult.

The country endured many hardships during its growth. The new government had to set up a Pokemon League and the best Trainer of every city would be the Gym Leader of that city's symbolizing type. Then came the introduction of highly-advanced Poke Balls, more efficient than those from other regions. With that issue resolved, Lementos finally enjoyed a long period of peace, rest and without doubt, happiness. Humans and Pokemon lived alongside together without conflict.

PLOT​

YOU: You are of eligible age to become a Pokemon Trainer. You'll be given your starter Pokemon by Professor Casuarina. You have to beat all 8 Gyms and earn all 8 badges in order to challenge the Lementos League.

VILLAINS: There seem to be trouble stirring and trying to disrupt the harmony Lementos has. As of now, only few organizations have been noted to be connected to odd happenings around the region. You should keep a lookout on them.

Team Light: They have been actively supporting the use of solar energy and have made it clear that their message is that the Sun is very important. They seem to be on feudal ties with Team Darkness.

Team Darkness: Lately, they have been mysterious. They carry out activities at night and rarely in the day. They are said to be ruthless killers. No one knows what their motives are. They seem to against Team Light in everything.

MAP
    The image of the map is attached(see thumbnail.) It's not a very good one as I used Paint to draw it.
    The numbers by the lines are the routes. The numbers in the boxes are the cities and the red ones in the triangles are landmarks.

CITIES & LANDMARKS
    1. Springdawn Town: A town that is quiet and peaceful. This is your hometown and starting point of your journey.
    2. Greenlush Town: A slightly bustling town. Professor Casuarina's Lab is here and it's where you receive your starter Pokemon.
    3. Stronewold City: A city surrounded by strong stone walls. These walls were used to defend the city in medieval times.
    4. Flaunora Town: Known as the 'Town of Flowers', a Gardener's Association was set up here. On the last week of Spring, people living here celebrate the Festival of Final Flowers.
    5. Naltresa City: "City of Green", it got its name from the plants and trees found everywhere in the city. A renowned botanist lives here.
    6. Cairbreze Town: A town with a relaxed atmosphere. It has a motel and a daycare.
    7. Atermos City: This city has a cool climate and a Weather Institute.
    8. Maquarine City: Near a lake, this city is home to Water-type Pokemon. Even the Gym Leader is a user of it.
    9. Eltecon City: "City of Technology." The city is full of highly-advanced technologies. Scientists here create countless prototypes of fascinating gadgets that are very high-tech.
    10. Flarmeno City: A relatively-large city with a sunny climate. There are barren moors on the outskirts of the city.
    11. Nethcrone Town: A remote town in a rural area. It is situated near a huge graveyard. It's residents are mostly old folks and priests.
    12. Dreanide City: A city build within a fortress, the surroundings are dark and black. Thick undergrowth surround the city's borders and the walls are heavily guarded.
    13. Blizzerost City: In the northernmost part of Lementos, this city experiences a constant polar climate. Glaciers and snow-cap mountains are around the city and it was build on a sloped side of a large mountain glacier. It has an unused port frozen in ice and icebergs and ice floes are found floating around its waters.
    1. Ore Mines: An ore mine that is operated by Stanley, the gym leader of Stronewold City. One of the tunnels located at the far east side of the mine is blocked by a cave-in. No one knows the actual cause of the cave-in and how long it has been there.
    2. Naltresa Forest: A huge forest that forms a natural maze inside. The canopy blocks out most sunlight and the undergrowth is home to many Pokemon.
    3. Maquarine Lake: The entire lake is home to many Water-type Pokemon. The lake water is clear and the weather here is mostly cloudy with short periods of light drizzle.
    4. Necropolis: An enormous graveyard where dead Pokemon are buried. The atmosphere is eerie and silent and the surroundings are still. An ancient folklore states that a being that overlooks the Necropolis sometimes come for a visit.

STARTER POKEMON
    Spr_4d_037.png
    Spr_4d_058.png
    Spr_4d_418_m.png
    Spr_4d_054.png
    Spr_4d_191.png
    Spr_4d_114.png

Vulpix
    Growlithe
    Buizel
    Psyduck
    Sunkern
    Tangela

RULES
    1. All PC and RP rules apply here.
    2. The RP will go in chapters. I'll post a chapter with the requirements and info and you'll RP in that chapter. You can choose to move along at your own pace but it's advised to keep up with everyone to avoid confusion of who's where.
    3. No godmodding/bunnying/character-controlling etc unless I say so.
    4. You would have to be able to write chapter-length posts, at least 250 words.
    5. No spelling, grammar, punctuation etc errors while writing. I just can't stand posts with too much mistakes. Use a spell-check or type your post on MS Word before transferring to here.
    6. If you're inactive for more than a week, I take that as you want to quit.
    7. You may reserve a spot here. Reservations lasts for 2 days to the maximum.
    8. This RP is Rated PG-12. No gore, violence, swearing, cursing and no other inappropriate themes.
    9. To make sure you've read everything, you need to provide the password in your SU. The password is DIAMOND1304 IS AWESOME. The password must be on top of your SU.

SU Sheet

Name: First, middle(optional) and last.

Starter Pokemon: Choose 1 out of the 6 above. Male/Female.

Appearance: Favourite clothing, usual outfit, accessories etc. One paragraph minimum.

Personality: Likes/dislikes? How do you react in certain situations? At least one big paragraph.

History: How was life like before being becoming a Trainer? any childhood experiences? At least 2 good long paragraphs.

ACCEPTED PLAYERS:
    Jaren Addison McDaniel
    Master Trainer Empoleon

Spoiler:

?????
    ???
    Spoiler:

Keira Sodar
    Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
    Spoiler:

??????
    ???
    Spoiler:

??????
    ???
    Spoiler:

??????
    ???
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It. Looks. Awesome. Please reserve me for Buizel ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I'd like to make a reservation for Growlithe. I'll get working on the SU as soon as possible.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    DIAMOND1304 IS AWESOME

Name: Keira Sodar

Starter pokémon:
    Buizel! Male, if possible.

Appearance:
    Keira never cared much for appearances. Which might seem a bit weird, since her parents aren't exactly short of money. Her mother have always bought her fancy clothes and accessories to wear, and she used to wear whatever she gave her. Since about a year ago though, she doesn't put on everything her mother buys for her. Rather, she dresses herself simply and comfortably most of the time, which looks very boyish with cargo pants or other loose trousers as well as simple tops. She still wears her expensive hooded sweatshirts and jackets though.

To put it shortly, she looks a lot like Maylene from Sinnoh, but without the gloves and that... band-aid? And with shoes. And she usually wears a sweatshirt. Her hair is blonde instead of pink though. Her eyes are a yellowish brown color, and she's got plenty of freckles on her nose and cheeks. The face is still pretty childish, as well as her other… let's say womanly features. Guys say she's cute in a way, girls say she's a tomboy.

On her journey, she will carry an army green backpack that can hold many things since Keira is pretty strong to be so tiny. She doesn't wear any jewelry or watches, and her hair is pretty much too short to be put up into a ponytail or knot (since it's the same haircut as Maylene has)

Personality: Keira is wild. She used to be a well mannered little girl, but over the last year or two she has started to play more and more jokes with her friends and sometimes taking things one step too far, and often being the one getting caught. Her adorable smile and jokingly excuses normally let her out of the grasp of angry grown-ups though.

When faced with a decision, Keira normally takes the choice that seems the most exciting or rewarding at that moment. She likes the sun and hates the rain. She eats a lot for being so small, but that's maybe because she is pretty muscular (though still thin). She cares about her friends but if she had to beat some of them in pokémon battles in order to reach the top some day... well, they have been writing up scenarios in their heads, she and her friends, and she wouldn't hesitate to fight them if they stood in her way. She can't wait to get a pokémon. When she finally turned 11, she was almost literally running around and climbing on the walls in excitement for the big day to come.

History: Keira has a few close friends who, like her, wish to become a pokémon trainer one day. Her friends are pretty odd, and so is she in some ways, and they are commonly known as the Pokémon Weirdos in their class. They are pretty tempered about this pokémon trainer thing and as soon as they get to see a pokémon, they get excited like nothing else can be. Keira isn't the one to study hard, but she knows a thing or two about pokémon and battling already since it's her interest.

Keira's rather wealthy parents have a big villa in Springdawn as well as a tall, dark skinned and rather silent butler whom Keira simply calls Butler. He has been watching over her since she was a little kid, but over the last year, Keira has been more reluctant to let him go with her when she's in school or anywhere else in and if Keira would go on a journey, he would probably try to follow her. If not on behalf of Mr and Mrs Sodar, then because he wanted to watch over her on his own accord. (is it ok if I bring Butler along as a companion on her journey?)

Hmm, I'm sorry that the history and maybe personality is a bit short. I can actually not think of much more to write on this character :/ I know how I want to play her out though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    DIAMOND1304 IS AWESOME

Name: Ezekiel "Zeke" Francis

Starter Pokemon: Growlithe, male.

Appearance: Zeke keeps a simple, shy profile. He has mid-long, dark hair with sharp sky-blue eyes that are hidden underneath his long fringe. He has a long, thin nose, and thin lips. His skin is quite pale, which creates a bigger contrast between his hair and skin color. He stands at an average height and is a bit skinny for his age.

His clothes match his overall personality - simple, not very special and far from attention-seeking. Zeke prefers to wear regular jeans, t-shirts and a jacket, but he hates wearing hats of any kind and always refuses to wear one, even when it snows or rains. Likewise, he doesn't like wearing sunglasses either.

Zeke doesn't like to wear thick clothing either which caused problems for him as a child, because he always ended up getting sick when being outside without clothes to warm him in the winter. In light of the start of his Pokémon journey, Zeke has instead begun using more appropriate wear for travelling Pokémon trainers, such as sweatpants and jogging shoes. He also carries a small backpack that is strapped diagonally across his chest.

Personality: Zeke is a quiet person, as he has been all his life. He does not speak up in a group, nor does he feel the need to socialize with other people. He prefers to listen and absorb information that way, given his keen attention to detail and his sharp memory. Zeke is shy around most people, particularly if they are older than him. He doesn't want to say anything stupid or obnoxious, so he simply keeps quiet.

He might like certain things, but he isn't very good at showing his appreciation, or even that he cares. As such, he might appear even more apathetic than he really is. He is, however, very focused and serious about himself, neither overestimating or underestimating his own abilities as a Pokémon trainer. He always prefers to think logically and realistically, which he feels is the key to becoming a good Pokémon trainer. His calm nature and logical sense gives him the ability to keep his cool in most situations.

Zeke is a decisive person. He rarely hesitates with decisions and will always go with the solution that appears the most logical to him. He is at the same time patient and prefers to have as much information as possible before making important decisions. Being clueless, or the idea of being clueless, is irritating to him and will agitate him a lot. When angered, Zeke becomes flustered and quite aggressive, but never violent. At such times he prefers to be alone.

History: Life in Springdawn suited Ezekiel just fine as he grew up with his parents and two younger sisters. No-one in his immediate family were very experienced with Pokémon, but his uncle - his father's brother - had once been a Gym Leader (though he was retired now). Zeke was much less enthusiastic about Pokémon than his younger sisters, but even he had to stare in awe whenever he saw something as majestic and intense as a Pokémon battle. The idea of fame and glory did not intrigue him very much, but he felt excited over the idea of training Pokémon to become stronger. It appealed to his deepest, most hidden urges in life; to influence someone to be the best they could be. The thought made him almost shiver.

Zeke's best friend in his childhood was a girl around his own age, named Trish, who lived close to his house. They did many things together, would sleep over and go play in the woods together. One thing they both began doing when their eleventh birthdays began approaching, was digging themselves deep into Pokémon studies. Trish was every bit as fond of the idea of Pokémon training as Zeke was, though she was more into the concept of growing bonds with Pokémon and growing strong with them, instead of focusing on making them strong. Despite their small differences, they remain inseperable to this day.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please may I reserve Psyduck? I'll get working on my SU shortly but I probably wouldn't get it finished before tomorrow evening (providing that is ok?).

I've never done one of these so will hopefully pick it up as I go along.

EDIT: I have eon question however, I have noticed this on a few different ones not but I am unsure as to what it exactly means, 3. No godmodding/bunnying/character-controlling etc unless I say so. Please could you explain in more detail for me?

Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
  • DIAMOND1304 IS AWESOME

Sorry for the double post, thought I would do a new one as this is my SU and my previous post has a question.

Name: Morth Lingul

Starter Pokemon: Psyduck (Male)

Appearance: Morth is one of those lads that likes to dress trendy. Life wasn't always this good for Morth though as his parents weren't the wealthiest so they were luckily to make ends meet at times. However since the unfortunate death of his last remaining grandparent unknown to anyone, a lump sum of money was left for Morth and after that he decided to treat himself to a new outfit. Most of the time you will see him in dark blue jeans which are rather baggy, as he doesn't like the restriction that tight fitted jeans bring. Above the waist he likes to wear smart casual shirts/t-shirts. However most of the time you will see him in his favourite sports shirts.

On his natural appearance though Morth isn't tall, he is actually rather short for his age, he has a roundish face and the most standout feature has to be his bright green eyes. He also doesn't really like wearing caps so he normally has short spiky hair and he likes to wear a watch on his left arm. The final most notable feature is that you will never see him outside the house without his woolly gloves, be it summer or winter.

Personality: Morth is a very adventurous youngster, he does listen to orders but if those orders involved him having to not wander in the forest then he would obey them as he always likes to find new things and explore far beyond. He can also sometimes be a bit careless and do things without thinking. Growing up with a family that liked walking certainly helps, as he can find himself walking miles before he starts to get tired and decides he needs a rest which can sometimes lead to problems when we wanders off to far without realising the time nor how far he has walked.

When it comes to group Morth can cope fine if it is a small one of 2-4 people, any more than that and he seems to turn a little shy and enters into a shell. With a small group he can chat fine and he is probably one of the most talkative of the group, putting ideas out there and he always likes to set new challenges to see who can be the first one to complete the 'mini challenge'. For some reason though if the group consists of more than four people he goes really shy and doesn't say a word, instead sits in a corner and tries not to make eye contact. This is something that he does want to beat as it does affect certain activates that he enjoys.

Morth biggest dislike though has to be stealing and he always does his best to try stop a theft if he sees one in progress, despite his parents trying to tell him to keep out of it.

History: Life for Morth didn't really involve Pokemon until his Grandma died a few years ago. Before that all he knew about Pokemon was the things he had seen on TV and the stories he heard from people in the town. Having said that he had always thought about becoming a Pokemon Trainer but it wasn't until his grandma passed he put the effort in to become one. Having money passed down wasn't the only thing, as his parents also found a stack full of diaries from when his grandma was younger. She herself was actually a Pokemon trainer and that was the incident that sparked off the serious passion about becoming a trainer.

Having never had a pokemon life was limited to the town he grew up in so he could only ever venture out when he was with his parents, who had Pokemon for protection. Since he became serious about being a trainer he asked his father to show him the basics of being a trainer, how to catch Pokemon and what he should do with them. After learning everything he needed to know, it was time to take on the world, well it certainly seemed like the world to someone who is young.

The bits in red is what I need to change once I find out about the name. Also if anything else needs changing, then please let me know :).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Godmodding/bunnying etc is when you control other people's characters when they don't allow you to do so. There are many other terms for this action so the more you stick around this forum, the more you'll find out and understand better. :)

No, you can make up any name you want. It's a character, like authors don't give their characters their own names. Feel free to go wild and creative with names, it's not up to me to decide.

Oh and btw, since your SU is well-done, mark_htfc and Psyduck is accepted. :D

EDIT: popa_qwerty's reservation has expired. Vulpix is now opened.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks Diamond, I have now amended my name.

I'm sure I'll pick everything up as I go a long and things will eventually start to come more clear. Do you know when we are on our travels, who decides if we capture a pokemon or not? Is it yourself?

Thanks for accepting me :D.

Years
  • Yes, I'll decided the end results. How your posts are creative, interesting to read, long and such would also affect my decision. Some things I'm in control of is what level and the gender of the Pokemon you caught and how much Exp your Pokemon gains each time.

Years
  • Diamond1304 is awesome

Name: Jaren Addison McDaniel
    Starter Pokemon: Vulpix Male

Appearance: Standing at five feet and four inches, Jaren is pretty tall for an eleven-year-old. Covering his head is a black faux-hawk that he maintains every day in a rigorous yet step-based routine. His typical outfit consist of a grey and white camo-print t-shirt, with black cargopants and black combat boots. On his long and skinny hands are white fingerless gloves with a trademark black star on the front and back. Looking at Jaren's young, yet rough face, one would consider him a tough kid. Well I guess if anybody was to look at his angry yet strangely beautiful violet eyes and thin eyebrows, then they would be a bit intrigued yet intimidated. Either way they'd see the toughness in his face.

Personality: Jaren is a fairly calm yet moderately talkative person. He isn't too far off of what one would consider "The stereotypical tough guy" This young kid, enjoys being aggresive and likes fighting as a solution for problem solving. However, don't think this kid is all brawns and no brains. Contrary to what most people think, Jaren is actually quite the strategist and usually has a flexible strategy when confronting someone or something. Jaren is also noted for being low-key about his personal feelings and emotions, he does not typically disclose on such personal matters however, if one was to ask about it Jaren will usually reveal a small bit but nothing more or less.

If Jaren had a hobby other than fighting and action, it would be yo-yos. It is a widely known fact that Mr.McDaniels keeps a yo-yo or two on hand with him at most if not all times. Jaren doesn't have many strong dislikes other than his middle name and gets aggrivated when it gets made fun of or called a "girl's name"

History: Some adults think that Jaren's aggresion and toughness are due to having a rough childhood and background when that is not the case. Jaren comes froma peaceful home and caring parents who work as traveling Pokemon Breeders, thus leaving Jaren alone for long periods of time. He never initially took too much of an interest in Pokemon until around the age of nine despite being around Pokemon quite a bit due to his parents' occupation.

After taking an interest in Pokemon, Jaren decided to observe and assist his parents in order to be educated on pokemon and how theyw ork, which of course gave im quite a bit of prior knowledge on how to raise a pokemon. After having a talk with his parents, Jaren decided to start on a pokemon journey on his own and spent the next two years studying and preparing for the big day. With his knowledge and strength in place, Jaren sets out to take the world by storm.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Ill reserve either sunkern or tangela, I cant decide right now xD
    Ill get my SU up shortly :3
    This is like my first rp, so im gonna try out :D seems good

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back