• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving Trainers specific Pokemon?

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • How does one give A Trainer/Gym Leader a specific pokemon? When I mean Specific, I mean, Moves, and Special abilitys, and held Items?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Here's everything you need to know on Trainers Pokémon and how to manipulate them.
    Pokemon Essentials/PBS/Trainers.txt said:
    ONIX,14,SITRUSBERRY,HEADSMASH,ROCKTHROW,RAGE,ROCKTOMB,0,0,,true,,20,,Rocky,,19

PokemonEssentialsWiki said:
    Code:
    There are a number of lines here, each one corresponding to a single Pokémon. The total number of Pokémon lines is the Pokémon count number in line 3. Each Pokémon line has up to 17 parts (only the first two, species and level, are necessary), with each part separated by a comma:
    Species - The internal name thereof.
    Level.
    Held item - The internal name thereof.
    Move 1 - The internal name thereof. If at least one move is given, then the Pokémon's moveset will consist solely of those move(s). If no moves are given, then the moveset will be the same as a wild Pokémon of the same species and Level.
    Move 2 - The internal name thereof.
    Move 3 - The internal name thereof.
    Move 4 - The internal name thereof.
    Ability - Either 0 (first natural ability), 1 (second natural ability) or 2 (hidden ability). Leave blank to have it be determined by the personal ID normally.
    Gender - Either 0 (male) or 1 (female). Leave blank to have it be determined by the personal ID normally.
    Form - Default is 0.
    Shininess - TRUE if the Pokémon is shiny, FALSE if not. Default is FALSE.
    Nature - The internal name thereof. Leave blank to have it be determined by the personal ID normally.
    IVs - A single value between 0 and 31. Each of the Pokémon's IVs (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense) will be equal to this number. Default is 10.
    Happiness - A value between 0 and 255. Default is 70.
    Nickname - Up to 10 characters long.
    Shadow Pokémon - TRUE if the Pokémon is a Shadow Pokémon, FALSE if not. Default is FALSE.
    Ball type - The type of Poké Ball the Pokémon is kept in

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • Here's everything you need to know on Trainers Pokémon and how to manipulate them.

Thanks. I knew that I could do this, but didnt know the order of really anything. I tried looking on the Wiki, That thing is unorganized in my opinion. Thanks Nickalooose

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Thanks. I knew that I could do this, but didnt know the order of really anything. I tried looking on the Wiki, That thing is unorganized in my opinion. Thanks Nickalooose
    If you tried voicing your opinion, maybe something would be done about it.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • If you tried voicing your opinion, maybe something would be done about it.

Well, I don't really need to. I suggest bringing the Wiki into a thread over here. Some people don't know about the wiki as they only look at Pokecommunity. So that might be a good idea. But with as much content that is on the wiki, That would be fun. >.>

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Some people don't know about the wiki
    If they can't find a mention of the wiki in my signature, the section's rules thread, the forum splash, the Essentials kit itself or the place they downloaded Essentials from, perhaps they're beyond help.

Reactions: FL

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • If they can't find a mention of the wiki in my signature, the section's rules thread, the forum splash, the Essentials kit itself or the place they downloaded Essentials from, perhaps they're beyond help.

This is very true. Unfortunately, I didn't download Essentials the first time through the Wiki. I just found it through 4Shared. THEN I found PokeCommunity and Essentials.

Back