• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] How to make songs sound good in game?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • Alright, I know how to make a song match with a voice group. But how do I make it sound good in game? I want some rules of thumb to follow when editing a midi in anvil studio, so it doesn't sound bad IE what instruments to use.

Alternatively, where can I post to find people who know what their doing when editing/creating Midis.

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Making a song sound "good" is a comprehensive matter. You had better get some basic knowledge of various kinds of instruments (piano, strings, brass, woodwind, GB sounds, percussion, etc) before you start midi editing. Volumes, pitch bends, modulation events are also very important.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Making a song sound "good" is a comprehensive matter. You had better get some basic knowledge of various kinds of instruments (piano, strings, brass, woodwind, GB sounds, percussion, etc) before you start midi editing. Volumes, pitch bends, modulation events are also very important.

Sounds like to would take years to gain that knowledge.
    So now I have 2 options, either find someone to do it for me which is highly unlikely
    or the more likely option of giving up on the project.

Back