• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to upgrade Essentials?

jakekausler

Pokemon Moonstone Co-Creator
Years
  • How can I upgrade Pokemon Essentials to the new version? I am currently running the December 24 release (v. 4) and I want to upgrade to version 7.

Years
  • How I done that with the maps, I copy and paste it into the latest release and manually converted edited scripts, Connected maps, custom pokemon and other files. (Just to be sure everything goes fine during the upgrade)
    Might take some time though till everything's back to normal as it should be since there a lot of changes done between version 4 and version 7.
    Also you need to be careful with the trainers database, it might give you a few errors while converting.
    Take a close look into the error, and it should all be clear which ',' causes the crash.
    If you're out of ideas, I am sure others are willing to help you out whenever you're encounter an issue during the upgrade <3

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Make sure to delete your old game file! The Downloads page of the wiki is very clear about this.

jakekausler

Pokemon Moonstone Co-Creator
    Years
  • Thank you! Luckily I have only mapped and added graphics plus a couple of scripts. We are getting maps out of the way before the events and coding

Back