• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Four. Second Time. Team help and tips.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    So I've beaten the Elite Four already. After training Audinos for a weekend. This is my team for a second time at the Elite Four. Any tips or suggestions?

1. Enboar Lvl. 82
    Flamethrower
    Flare Blitz
    Heat Crash
    Arm Thrust
    Item - Quick Claw

2. Haxore Lvl. 74
    Poison Jab
    Dragon Claw
    Slash
    Dragon Tail
    Item - Adamant Orb

3. Zekrom Lvl. 72
    Fly
    Thunder
    Zen Headbutt
    Fusion Bolt
    Item - Griseous Orb

4. Flygon Lvl. 67
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Item - Lustrous Orb

5. Krookodile Lvl. 77
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Foul Play
    Bulldoze
    Item - Scope Lens

6. Blissey Lvl. 81
    Fire Punch
    Rest
    Refresh
    Thunder Punch
    Item - None

I use Blissey to take some hits and to heal/revive others.
    Any tips or suggestions.?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    On Blissey you can try aroamatherapy or Wish to further help the others. The orbs you've given the Pokemon don't really do anything either so you could consider using Life Orbs on them. Alsooo Haxorus could use Brick Break or Outrage. Also Thunder is inaccurate without rain and Zekrom is a physical attacker so giving it another physical attack in that place would make it stronger than it is but even do its special stat is good anyway so it's up to you.

Either way this is just off the top of my head but moved to ingame team help anyway - post here next time :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I've beaten the Elite Four already. After training Audinos for a weekend. This is my team for a second time at the Elite Four. Any tips or suggestions?

1. Enboar Lvl. 82
    Flamethrower
    Flare Blitz
    Heat Crash
    Arm Thrust
    Item - Quick Claw

2. Haxore Lvl. 74
    Poison Jab
    Dragon Claw
    Slash
    Dragon Tail
    Item - Adamant Orb

3. Zekrom Lvl. 72
    Fly
    Thunder
    Zen Headbutt
    Fusion Bolt
    Item - Griseous Orb

4. Flygon Lvl. 67
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Item - Lustrous Orb

5. Krookodile Lvl. 77
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Foul Play
    Bulldoze
    Item - Scope Lens

6. Blissey Lvl. 81
    Fire Punch
    Rest
    Refresh
    Thunder Punch
    Item - None

I use Blissey to take some hits and to heal/revive others.
    Any tips or suggestions.?

Emboar needs a lot more coverage than just Fire/Fighting. Its coverage options include, but not limited to: Stone Edge/Head Smash, Wild Charge and Grass Knot; the first attack is helpful against Alder's Volcarona. Arm Thrust is very unreliable and you should go for Hammer Arm for a moer powerful Fighting STAB at the cost of Speed after each use or Brick Break for a less powerful, but more reliable attack. If you're concerned about Speed, you can use Flame Charge.

Dragon Tail has negative priority, which is somewhat detrimental for an all-out attacker, like Haxorus. Poison Jab and Slash don't offer good coverage either. Just so you're not having a hard time against Caitlin's Metagross, you can use Earthquake over one of them. The other move can be filled in by Dragon Dance or Swords Dance to boost Haxorus' Attack/Speed (latter for DD only). Also, the Adamant Orb works only on Dialga and no one else.

Zekrom's move pool is pretty shallow, but at least you have Fly for in-game purposes. Replace Thunder with Dragon Claw, since Zekrom really could use the Dragon STAB. Thunder is also very inaccurate outside of rain. Note that the Griseous Orb only works on Giratina and no one else.

No complaints about Flygon here, except that since you already have Zekrom as your "Fly slave," you can use Stone Edge over Fly. The Lustrous Orb also only works exclusively on Palkia and no one else.

No complaints about Krookodile either. Krookodile's Speed is decent, so it doesn't really need Bulldoze. Foul Play is also situational, even in-game. Stone Edge and Dragon Claw/Outrage can fill both slots.

Blissey's Attack is outright terrible and it has no business using physical moves, like the elemental punches, because base 10 Attack isn't getting anywhere. If you want Blissey to spread HP among your teammates, Softboiled can do that for you (in the field, it allows you to use Blissey's HP to restore the HP of any other Pokemon you have); this should go over Rest. Over the elemental punches, use their Special counterparts (your choice of Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower), since Blissey's Special Attack is higher than its Attack. Over Refresh, you can use a status move, like Thunder Wave and Toxic to give your teammates an easier time with the E4.

Edit: Accelgor'd (slightly) by Nica

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    Should I also do EV training or not? If so, what should I do for each pokemon.
    The natures are...
    Lax
    Careful
    Naive
    Gentle
    Timid
    Impish

All in the same order.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Should I also do EV training or not? If so, what should I do for each pokemon.
    The natures are...
    Lax
    Careful
    Naive
    Gentle
    Timid
    Impish

All in the same order.

You're going to have to redo Krookodile and Blissey if you want to EV train, because their natures hinder their primary attacking stats (Timid hinders Attack while Impish hinders Special Attack). Also, it's kinda too late to EV train at this point of the game; all your Pokemon could have gotten 510 EVs by now, unless you have a bunch of EV-reducing berries on hand (you can get them from the Dream World).

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    Should I also do EV training or not? If so, what should I do for each pokemon.
    The natures are...
    Lax
    Careful
    Naive
    Gentle
    Timid
    Impish

All in the same order.

Don't bother with EV training (not trying to sound rude here) unless you want to restart your poke's. Anyway even if you were going to use EV training you might as well want to devise your team for competitive battles as the npc's aren't that hard to deal with without EV training.

Back