• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with evolution stones

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    Hello, I was testing something and when I tried to evolve a Staryu I got this error after the evolution sequence:

WJL1xMC.png

Then I tried again with a Weepinbell and the same happened. It didn't happen when I used a Rare Candy on a Magikarp, so I think it's only the stones. I even removed the lines I added myself to PokemonItemEffects so I don't know what the problem is.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    I tested in on an unmodified version and it works fine.

But I copy/pasted the whole script into my project and I still get that error. Maybe the mistake is somewhere else.... but where? <_>

EDIT: Found it! There was a mistake in PokemonParty, I just replaced it with the unmodified version and it fixed the issue. This thread is pointless now, a mod may want to remove it.

Oh, and thanks for replying, Saving Raven.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The problem is that you're upgrading backwards. How do you expect to know exactly what needs taking from the latest version of Essentials and put into your game? Conversely, you should have been making notes about exactly what you've been adding to your game.

It's easier, safer and more reliable to add your game's features to the latest Essentials than it is to try extracting the updates from the latest Essentials and bundle them into your game.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    Oh no, that's what I'm doing, I imported all my changes from ver11 (skipped v12) into v13. And added a "#comment" in every script I modify. When I said I copied the script from v13 I meant an unmodified backup.

I think the problem was I didn't do this for PokemonParty because I thought there were no significant changes and just copied the whole script. Believe me I won't do that again xD

Back