• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Damage + Disable Effect

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble scripting a move that does damage as well as disables the last move used. I've played around with it for a while, but it seems like even without the extra code if I put a base attack damage for Disable in moves.txt it just turns into a regular damaging move and doesn't add the Disable effect.

Is there any way around this? I don't believe I had this issue when I tried coding this move for another fan game in the past.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    IIRC some effects only work as non-damaging by default. It's a pretty easy fix in the code though, try comparing disable to an effect that does work for both damaging and non-damaging moves (I think it's an extra function that's the difference).

Back