• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Energy Generation in Modified. Opinions? (Psychic / Grass)

Ledgetheorc

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I'm not even sure if their modified or not, I know of Emboar, Feraligatr and Blastoise all have either Rainfall or Firefall (As many as you can play per turn), though I'm wondering about something for Psychic or Grass. I'm planning to run a Status / Energy buff Grass/Psy, I know there's Gardevoir which I plan to be a staple, and the key two components thus far are going to be Gardevoir and Roserade (With the energy drop status effect ability), chances are a Gallade as well. Though never having played a 'This attack does 10x the number of energy attached to your pokemon', I'm worried it might be too slow to compete against heavier hitters who can burn me down with only 3 - 4 Energy. I'm thinking I'll run Leafeon as status Backup, keeping Roserade benched unless I need her, leafeon having 50x Status on enemy.

Any opinions would be great, as I don't know any of the new cards yet. :x

Years
Quite honestly, anything not using EXs in the current format right now will be completely flattened before getting a chance to strike. Gardevoir is cool in theory, but is easily prevented from coming into play because of Ralt's low HP and that makes it susceptible to Pokemon Catcher. Gardevoir also only has Mewtwo EX at its disposal, which because of X-Ball is susceptible to itself and has plenty of counters because of its dependence on other Pokemon being fully powered-up to be used most effectively.

Blastoise does well because it has a stable of speedy EX 'mons it can power. Emboar does alright, but its biggest detraction is its retreat cost to get it out of the active spot, so it's basically a sitting duck if brought active by Catcher.

Grass, unfortunately, has always been underpowered, and unfortunately doesn't really have anything decent in the way of energy gaining.

Although your deck idea is perfectly fine unless you're planning on playing competitively and hoping to win.

Back