• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with small adjustment for a vertical battle menu!

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    ------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Now that I look at it, it's a bit odd how the battle commands work. Rather than using the perfectly valid built-in controls, it instead made the new def pbNextIndex to do the exact same thing.

Actually, it's probably a remnant from an older way it used to work, before it used Window_CommandPokemon. I'm not sure how it all makes sense, as it appears that both ways are working at once.

Anyway, try this:
    Code:
    def pbNextIndex(curindex)
      if Input.trigger?(Input::UP)
        return (curindex+3)%4
      elsif Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
        return (curindex+1)%4
      end
      return curindex
    end
    The only downside to this is that this also applies to the fight menu. If you wanted that to be a straight list too, then problem solved, but if you wanted it to be 2x2, you'd have to do something extra to keep it the way it is.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are you sure the up and down parts are the wrong way round? Looks to me like they should be fine.

Back