• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Move Tutors

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    In the 4th Generation, along with in-game trades we saw Move Tutors make a return. What is a move tutor? A move tutor can teach your Pokemon all sorts of new moves, if you give them something in return such as a shard or Heart Scale. There was also a tutor who could teach you some powerful moves in return for BP points, along with a tutor who charged no price but could teach your starter their ultimate move (Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn)

Now my question to is that did you like the new moves being offered in this generation? Were they worthless, great? Why do you think that? Are the prices in return for a move unfair? Anything you think they could of added or put in? In case you can't remember some of the moves the tutors taught or just want to double check, here's some information on the Move Tutors, what they are and also what they can teach your Pokemon: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor

And without further ado, discuss! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The move tutor moves were great in Platinum and HGSS. However, I prefer Platinum's system of using shards for move tutors. Who thought it would be a good idea to change it to BP, and a crap ton of it? That was a very bad move on their part. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so expensive, but I don't feel like sitting around at the Battle Frontier all day trying to get the BP for Fire Punch. rood. Platinum you just had to dig for shards. Much easier.

So yeah, love the moves that were offered, hate the method in HGSS.

Back