• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Rival phone contact

Years
  • So I want to be able to make the rival a contact in the phone app, but there's a problem. I followed the wiki's instructions for defining a special contact (like professor Oak) but in the contact list it just displays the rival's name as \v[28] instead of their actual in game-name. I guess that the \v[] thing only applies to the message box? Do any of you guys have an idea on how to make the rival's name display in the contact list? I can't call the rival just fine and do what I want with that, it just doesnt display their name in the contact list, or in the message that says "you registered \v[28] in the pokegear". Thanks in advance for your help :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Instead of "\v[28]", use pbGet(28). \v only works if it can get preprocesed, which it doesn't in a regular string. pbGet however returns the value of the contents of the variable, so it'll show up perfectly. I tested it!

Years
  • Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

Just to clarify, you didn't mean using it like this: "pbPhoneRegisterNPC(3,"pbGet(28)",4)" right? I was pretty sure that wouldn't work, and nope, it didn't. Sorry, my knowledge of this stuff is pretty beginner, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Hey Guys,

I was familiar with this but I wanted to leave the choice to the player in which color his character is speaking. I tryed to write texts starting with \C[pbGet(60)] but it doesn't work.

Do I have to modify the script so \C[] can take a variable into account?

Back