• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Is it possible to get custom PokeMart text? (Fire Red)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Hey all! I'm making my way through making my own rom hack, and I can say I've learned so much already--but there's always some new obstacle! In this case, I want to know if it's possible to alter the text while shopping at a PokeMart. Here's my code thus far:

Spoiler:

So TL;DR of that code: the PokeMart code and items were stripped from the Pewter City PokeMart, and I've only been able to change the "hello" and "goodbye" messages of the guy working the counter (named Larry).

Is there any way to change the message of, "Is there anything else I can do?" that pops up when you exit the buying or selling menu? Here's some pics:

This is when you first talk to him:
    Spoiler:

This is when you back out of the buying or selling menu:
    Spoiler:

And this is when you close out of everything and he says goodbye:
    Spoiler:

I have a feeling the answer is that I can't change it because it's embedded in the pokemart code, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the situation.

As always thanks bunches for you guys reading my posts. I hope sometime soon I can start helping people here who have questions much like myself!

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Should be at 0x41689E :)

Edit it using any hex or text editor

Back