• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I am going to work on a walkthrough for this game. Note- it'll be a txt file, okay?
Yeah, that'd be awesome, thanks a lot!

Heres some pics of the Frostpen Gym Leader, Gavin. I decided that I would go with ice, just because it probably wouldn't make sense if he weren't. Anyway he will be very tough to defeat. He has 3 very strong, final evolution, ice type, Pokemon. One is even a D/P Pokemon. I guess it's pretty easy to guess what it is now, right?
27yc360.png
anmp1u.png
11i0287.png

As I said before he is the older brother of the Latim City Gym leader.

29ff3ub.png
11i0287.png

They look like brothers don't they?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Yep, and after I finish my MD hack (will take about 3 months for the first beta, even earlier) I'll start working on a Firered hack or make more MD events and fix some trap glitches for beta 3. Either way, I might expect a fanclub :D

That post was completely offtopic. Please avoid making posts like this in the future, kthx.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Heres a small update that I want to show, mainly because of how long it took me to figure out.
so1tzo.png

New Textboxes!!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that screen is of an event in Frostpen City.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Cool screenies. Just a question, when are you doing OW sprites?
Good question, I really should get them done soon because I don't want to release another beta without changing them. I'm not very good at spriting so if someone wants to help me out with them that'd be great, just post an example of your work here.

Guess what? I won HOTM for May at PHO!
post-17-1176748822.png

So I don't have many updates right now, I just tested out some stuff but I didn't like how they turned out so I won't use them. I'm still at Frostpen City and I'm currently scripting the Bar event which is a little buggy because of something wrong with the map but it shouldn't take too much longer to do so, hopefully I'll have some screenshots of where you go when you fall down those cracks in the lake before the end of this week.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hello, this hack is great! I don't know why I hadn't see it!
Best of luck I like the tiles of snow, and allso the Battle -Tower tile (Library).
This is looking awesome so far.
See you!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I haven't gotten very much done due to commitments at school but here are a few updates:

29xx15k.png

Small change in the City mapping

1zpqkop.png
iqiw74.png

Secondary Rival Sprites Inserted!! (finally...)

xft3q.png
2aj8gtl.png
jagtqo.png

The new Route 1

I decided to redo Route 1 because it was mapped very badly, very very badly. I think this new version looks much better. I've also been fixing some bugs, for example I finally worked out what was causing that weird thing on Route 5 and I finished the puzzle for the Frostpen City Gym (it's not very difficult unfortunately), and I've finished one half of the bar script. That just leaves scripting of a few more houses, the people in the bar, people walking around the City, the mart and frozen lake holes... sigh... I hate making Cities...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
i found it a bit hard from latim city to frost-watever so I stopped playing cause they wer all so strong

but i also love the snow tileset

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
i found it a bit hard from latim city to frost-watever so I stopped playing cause they wer all so strong

but i also love the snow tileset
Yeah I guess they are pretty difficult to defeat especially since you only have two badges. I think what I'll do is go through the game and change the levels so they are only slightly higher than what would be expected in a normal game by slightly I mean 1 or two levels. I'll probably add some trainers in Route 1 too so they first gym won't be so difficult. To still keep the difficulty factor I will make it so the starters evolutions occur later on, the first at 24 and the second at 42. They will also have their stats updated so people will want to have them in their team. Their total stats (in their final evolutions) will be equal to Snorlax's which I think is 580 is 540. What do you guys think of that idea? I really don't want to make the game too easy so I think that this is the best way. It's also hard to create trainers now, I'm up to the 3rd gym and trainers have Pokemon at levels above 40 which is ridiculous.

Anyway here are some updates:
rjfodi.png
2dlvyiq.png
168uzx2.png
ae61ie.png
30c4ya1.png

Events from the Frostpen Bar

Edit: I've been working on some stats and moves for the starters. The total stats for all three are 555 which is the total stat of Arcanine who has the highest stat that isn't an Uber or psuedo-Uber.

WALREIN
Spoiler:

AMPHAROS
Spoiler:

FLYGON
Spoiler:

I would love to hear peoples comments and suggestions as I am not very good at this kind of things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Keep in mind, if you decide to move the evolutions up to level 42, you should change the level that Ampharos learns Thunder Punch to 42 (unless you let Mareep/Flaafy learn it).

And you might want to lower the overall levels for trainers just a bit. I don't mind them high as it hasn't been overly frustrating, but level 40 for regular trainers at the 3rd gym might be a bit much because at that rate you'll reach 100 before the elite 4, and I don't think 100 should be reached in the first place. The level progression should probably exceed Red/Blues by a bit (let's say the 8th leader has a level 70 pokemon in this game, compared to 50 for Red/Blue, that way there's still improvement to be had for the elite 4). Oh, and adding trainers to Route 1 is a good idea.

Anyway, awesome hack and I look forward to some more updates.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
Pokemon Genesis looks really awesome now. I've been waiting a long time for the beta, if not and it was released long time ago, I think I missed it. I hope you complete this hack. I'm a supporter of PKMN Genesis.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Keep in mind, if you decide to move the evolutions up to level 42, you should change the level that Ampharos learns Thunder Punch to 42 (unless you let Mareep/Flaafy learn it).

And you might want to lower the overall levels for trainers just a bit. I don't mind them high as it hasn't been overly frustrating, but level 40 for regular trainers at the 3rd gym might be a bit much because at that rate you'll reach 100 before the elite 4, and I don't think 100 should be reached in the first place. The level progression should probably exceed Red/Blues by a bit (let's say the 8th leader has a level 70 pokemon in this game, compared to 50 for Red/Blue, that way there's still improvement to be had for the elite 4). Oh, and adding trainers to Route 1 is a good idea.

Anyway, awesome hack and I look forward to some more updates.
Yeah, good point, I'll definitely make that change. The last gym leader will have Pokemon around 50-60 and the Elite 4 will have pokemon at 55-75 and the second wave will be 65-85.

This post won't really be about updates since I haven't done much, I'm just adjusting the levels of trainer's Pokemon and Wild Pokemon. This time I'm going to show a couple of the side quests that people probably haven't noticed.

1427lax.png

A new path in Route 3. This is actually an update.

2vcz3nr.png

The only way to obtain Eevee. But you will either get a female or a male, not both.

fjnt5e.png
24n1o5t.png
1znbu5c.png
a0gmz8.png
11rgfhf.png

A conspiracy...?

The Eevee that you get will be either male or female. The male evolves in to only certain Pokemon and the same for the female. Should I make it your gender that decides what you get or your 'karma' level (which is basically just whose side you decide to take in the story).

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
A red Duskull!? Is it a special pokemon or something?
It's a shiny Duskull, experiments in the Latim Catacombs affected some of the Pokemon there.

Hmmm...I wonder why Ivy's Chikorita has Leaf Blade...
But...it looks NICE!!!!
Uh, yeah that was a mistake. I was going to make the TM that Ivy gives you Leaf Blade but I've decided to make it Magical Leaf instead. Chikorita will not know it but Roselia will.

Anyway here are some updates:
2vs2cy1.png
21l0l5z.png
2woiowp.png

Route 7 and a cave leading to...

I haven't gotten much done because of school once again but mainly because I haven't really felt like hacking. Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out in NZ on the 12th so I won't get much done then either, as I will be playing that non-stop.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
Years
Thats probably just my opinion but don't u think the moves u set for the first gym are a bit too strong(leaf blade)for their level(lv8)?Because when I challenged her with my lv12 TRAPINCH I got own in just 3 turns.Good hack though I llike the starters.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thats probably just my opinion but don't u think the moves u set for the first gym are a bit too strong(leaf blade)for their level(lv8)?Because when I challenged her with my lv12 TRAPINCH I got own in just 3 turns.Good hack though I llike the starters.

Plus not 2 mention leaf blade has a high critical hit ratio. Kinda not fiar.

See post #177

It's been a pretty busy week so I haven't got much done. Here are some screenshots of Xantos Cave.
2i9kzfm.png
rlcrpe.png
2s7f5nq.png
2i5bnb.png

Not as big as my other caves but at least it has puzzles.

And here is the script for the holes in the lake at Frostpen City.
2ij0nxw.png
icpqa9.png
2dwg1p0.png

I spent half an hour making this perfect when I could have just used the one thats already in the game...

So, pretty boring updates, I guess, but don't worry as soon as I'm done with this icy region there will be a lot more interesting updates.

Back