• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

Lash

Years
Awesome chapter there man, Ancient Power is one of my favorite moves. My favorite part was when Dawn said, "You can't even spell victorious.." That just made me laugh. Now, Pearl has Magmar now right?

fc9ffa09c6ea490e06db7e45b57b5c93.png

There ya go, bro.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
WOW...SO COOL...
It means I won't have to read the manga at least :D

If you read the first post, you would know that this is not a novelization of the actual Manga. It's merely my own version of the Poke Special Manga: Diamond and Pearl.

Thanx a ton, Lashster!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
If you read the first post, you would know that this is not a novelization of the actual Manga. It's merely my own version of the Poke Special Manga: Diamond and Pearl.

I know I know I did read the first post. Actually I read the whole page 1...
But...still... it IS a version of the special manga anyhows...Manga's funny....

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Alright everyone. I'm gonna somewhat predict the releases of my chapters:

This week: VS. Gliscor
Next Week: VS. Drifblim Pt. 1 and Drifblim Pt. 2
May 18th Week: VS. Hippowdon
May 25th Week: VS. Alakazam and VS. Bastiodon
June 1st Week: VS. Lucario II, VS. Lucario III, VS. Lucario IV
June 8th Week: VS. Toxicroak and VS. Purugly II

The Summer schedule will allow me to write more. Plus, some chapters are arc related. Feel free to discuss what, in your opinion, will happen in the chapter. It amuses me :).

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 40: VS. Gliscor!
dpmfa472.png

Meanwhile, the Goon from earlier contacted his boss, Cyrus via PokeGear, "Boss! We've got trouble in the Celestic Cave!"

"No worries, Goon, I'll be there shortly!" Cyrus exclaimed. He still was flying in the skies on his Crobat, but was now above Celestic Town. He saw the cave from above and ordered Crobat to descend the skies. Eventually, he landed on the ground, a few feet away from the cave. Lifting his hand, Cyrus returned Crobat to its Pokeball as he folded his arms, watching Diamond, Dawn, Pearl, and Elder Maryland exit the cave, "Hmph."

Diamond stood guard as he said, "Cyrus!?"

"The one and only... " He took out another Pokeball, "No more questions. I want all three of you. Right here -- Right now."

-----

Elder Maryland hid behind the trio, grasping her hands together as she uttered to herself, "The power of the Lake Trio should guide these young trainers into defeating him. Cynthia said that he would be here... but I didn't realize it would be so soon."

Diamond sighed as he stood in between Dawn and Pearl, "It looks like I have no choice, but to fight with you guys."

"Yep," Pearl said simply, eyeing Cyrus closely, "and this guy is the leader of Team Galactic. But he doesn't look too strong. I mean, look at his cheek bones; he looks like one of those creepy horror movie serial killers. Y'know? With the butcher knives and what have you."

Dawn raised her brows, staring at Cyrus as well, "Well, if he's the leader, then I think it's appropriate for us to use our strongest Pokemon against him." She looked to her left, gazing at the two boys, "Agreed?"

"Agreed." Diamond and Pearl said in unison.

Cyrus grunted boredly while the trio conversed.

"Okay!" Dawn lifted up the side of her skirt a bit, taking the Pokeball off the strap that wrapped around her leg. She tossed the ball into the air, allowing it to burst open and release Pyra, her Infernape. The Fire-type Pokemon gently landed on the ground and began beating her chest proudly before posing in a karate-like manner.

"Hmph." Pearl nodded as he snatched a Pokeball out of his pocket and threw it forward towards the ground. The ball popped open, unleashing another Pokemon, newly evolved in fact. It was a humanoid creature, covered in yellow fur with black stripes. It had five black fingers on each of its hands. It lacked a neck, had red eyes, had a black spot on its forehead, and had two antennae. There was a pattern on its back that resembled an electric outlet. Its two black tails each had a red tip. And its feet were black with three toes on the front.

"You're not using Gaia?" Diamond questioned.

"Well," Pearl closed his eyes, placed one hand on his hip while his other hand had a pointed finger to the sky, making him look educational, "Volt's stronger since it has evolved. Gaia's still a Grotle, meaning he's not strong. Besides, don't you see how awesome Volt looks as an Electivire?" He pointed as Electivire stomp the ground, rotating its arms and charged itself up.

Diamond exhaled via his nose and faced Cyrus who appeared to be waiting on his Pokemon. Coughing without opening his mouth, Diamond flung his Pokeball in front of him, releasing Trident, his Prinplup.

Cyrus smiled in a freakish manner, stating, "Now, please. No more talking. Let us allow our Pokemon to do the battling, shall we." He took out an Ultraball as he pointed it to the sky, "I call forth the power of the night skies; the nocturnal fiend; the flying demon!"

The trio shifted while standing in front of Elder Maryland, awaiting the arrival, or summoning, of this mysterious Pokemon. Strangely enough, the sky was becoming darker. True, it was nearing the dusk, but surely the time was too early, right?

The Ultraball burst open in a mysterious black light as a large Pokemon body was released from the container. It swooped up into the sky before gliding down to the earth in front of its trainer. The Pokemon was a large, vampire bat looking Pokemon. Its leg-like claws were very defined as legs and its tail had two barbs, resembling a vampire's fangs. The Pokemon's body resembled an open mouth with the pointed protrusions coming from its torso appearing to be fangs, further illustrating its vampire qualities.

"Gliscor... banish these brats!" Cyrus pointed at the trio as they each stood their ground.

Diamond sneered, "You guys get me in the weirdest of situations! Argh! Trident, Ice Punch!"

As Gliscor flew forward toward them, Trident dove forward at the Ground/Flying-type Pokemon. The penguin Pokemon claws came out of its flesh just before its entire fist was surrounded by ice. Then, Trident attempted a strike at Gliscor, however, it was unsuccessful. Gliscor flipped awkwardly out of the way as Trident stumbled into the dirt, face first.

"Go help Trident, Volt!" Pearl shouted as Volt charged forward, snarling and roaring violently. The Electivire jumped up at the Gliscor, its fists charging with static electricity. Reaching its peak, Volt slammed his fist in Gliscor's direction. Yet again, Gliscor's elusiveness allowed it to escape another attack. Cackling at Trident and Volt, it swooped past them and immediately about-faced.

Gliscor crossed its arms as the pincers started to glow in a lime green light. Cyrus quietly folded his arms as he kept a stern glare shot at each of the trio, going from Dawn, to Diamond, to Pearl. Gliscor rapidly zoomed down at Trident and Volt slashing its claws across their skin. Both the Prinplup and the Electivire cried out in intense pain and collapsed to the ground.

Diamond and Pearl quickly reached for their next Pokeball, but Cyrus quickly stated, "Now if what you said was true, that these Pokemon you have shown me are your strongest, what good would your other Pokemon be, hmm?" His eyes met Diamond's, "You may be intelligent, but your knowledge is no match for a pure genius like myself."

Diamond shuttered a bit. Cyrus's voice was almost a weapon in its own right. The sound of his voice made Diamond and Pearl's spines shiver.

"And as for the girl... Gliscor! Wrap this up! I have plans!" Cyrus shouted to his Pokemon as Gliscor took flight towards the sky.

Dawn smirked and said, "Pyra, be urgent! Flare Blitz, full power!"

The female Infernape planted her feet firmly, flexing all the muscles of her body quickly and stiffly. While doing so, Pyra began to wail and squeal similar to a wild chimpanzee on the loose. Finally, Pyra's body became engulfed in red-orange flames and began to wave with silky wind. After completing the full power up, Pyra jumped up and proceeded to attempt a flaring tackle at the airborne Gliscor. Gliscor quickly moved out of the way of Pyra, sending the Infernape into the ground.

Cyrus shook his head and turned his back at them, "Pathetic. You three aren't even worth my time." The Team Galactic boss slowly began walking away from them, "Guillotine..."

Upon hearing Guillotine, Gliscor's vampire eyes lit up in violent joy. It glided up above the now fallen Infernape and slammed its too pincers together, forming one large pincer. After reaching the highest peak possible in the sky, Gliscor soared down at the Fire/Fighting-type Pokemon, its pincers open to their greatest extent. Finally, Infernape's abdomen was stuck between Gliscor's pincers, unable to escape now. Cackling and howling wildly, Gliscor slammed its pincers down severely, literally breaking Infernape's abdomen bones and muscles. Gliscor released its pincers from Pyra's body and flew towards its trainer, Cyrus. It wrapped its arms around Cyrus's body and began to fly into the night sky. As Cyrus flew away, the trio was left in awe. They each had been defeated by one person, one Pokemon. Despite their confidence in beating the Team Galactic leader with their strongest Pokemon, each of them failed, badly.

Dawn dropped to her knees and waddled over to Pyra. Her body was extremely crippled and out of proportion now. Sure, the Pokemon Center could heal her, but it would take a hell amount of time. Tears began falling from Dawn's cheeks and splashed on the Infernape's face, "I'm so sorry, Pyra. I failed you. You put up a great effort, but I as a trainer did not." She held up the unconscious Pokemon's face and hugged it to her bosom, weeping.

Pearl sighed as he examined Volt's cuts and bruises from Gliscor. They were severe, but not as severe as Pyra's. Trident was equally as bruised and cut as Volt. Both the Prinplup and Electivire suffered bleeding. In fact, blood was splattered across the entire battle field. Pokemon, sure enough, hurt other Pokemon in battle, but this Gliscor was strong enough to make Pokemon crippled and bleed!

Diamond shook his head, his eyes opened wide, "Oh my gosh... " He said, still not being able to believe what just happened to them, "He... he... destroyed our Pokemon. He destroyed us!"

Pearl faced Diamond, "That's what we're up against, Dia. That and Neo Team Rocket. And we haven't even seen their leader!"

Elder Maryland sighed quietly and quietly stated, "Young trio. This should be an eye opener to all of you. You must realize how important it is to train your Pokemon to their highest ability. If not, the evil that is growing in this world will devour you, with no mercy whatsoever. They are not only out to defeat you... they are out to kill you. And if one of you dies... unfortunately, the Lake Trio will search for another destined person."

Diamond jammed his fists into his pockets, looking down at the ground with a lump in his throat the size of a baseball.

Pearl bit his bottom lip as he looked to the sky, searching for an answer.

Dawn was still on her knees, nurturing Pyra. Her tears continued to fall, rapidly now, as the Infernape's face was now slightly moist and salty from the tears.

-----

Later...

Diamond, Dawn, and Pearl each went to the Celestic Pokemon Center to heal their Pokemon. Trident and Volt were quickly healed, but Pyra's condition required a week long operation.

"Because of Pyra's operation and surgery," Dawn said, sitting down on a lounge chair, her voice sounding weak, "I'll have to stay here in Celestic. After a week, I'm going home to Twinleaf. I... I just need a break from all of this, you know?" Her eyes stared at the tiled floor as she said these words.

Pearl nodded, "That is where I'm going now: to Twin Leaf." He faced Diamond, "I've already received the Hearthome City badge some time ago from the old Gym Leader. There's supposedly a new Gym Leader in town there. I know you don't have the badge so you should go there. Don't worry about me following you."

Diamond nodded silently and said, "Okay. I think I'm gonna go ahead and start hiking there."

"I'll walk you out." Pearl said quickly.

-----

As they exited the Pokemon Center, Pearl quietly said to Diamond, "Hey?"

Diamond turned to face him, "Yeah?"

"You take care of yourself when you go to Hearthome, you hear? Hiking there could be dangerous. Trident is one hundred percent so you will have to depend on your other Pokemon."

Diamond nodded, "Okay then. I'll fly there using Pilot."

Pearl nodded and extended his hand. Diamond grasped it as the two boys shook hands.

Diamond released Pilot, his Yanma, from his Pokemon as the Bug/Flying-type Pokemon fluttered into the air. He looked up at Pilot and said, "Pilot, to Hearthome City."

Pilot quickly grunted its name and wrapped it's legs around Diamond's shoulders all the way down around his stomach. Flapping its wings, Pilot took flight as it grasped Diamond tightly in its hold. Diamond waved goodbye to Pearl as Pilot flew him into the dark, night sky. As the wind blew in his face, Diamond wondered who the Gym Leader could be. Surely he or she could not be as strong as Cyrus was. Using Trident was absolutely out of the question. The Prinplup still was partially damaged and Nurse Joy told him that it would be best not to use Trident until two or three days. Sighing, Diamond hoped that the Gym Leader would go easy on him... for once.

-----

Inside the Hearthome City Gym...

"Are you positive that he doesn't have this city's badge?" said the voice of a grown woman. She was standing in front of the windows in the Gym, over looking the city. The windows looked similar to a First Lutheran Church's window.

"Positive, ma'am." said the voice of a typical Neo Team Rocket grunt.

"Good," the woman said as she turned around smirking. She was dressed in a purple dress and white heels. Her skin was pale and her purple hair was done in four, puffy ponytails, "because I've got a little grudge against him. What he doesn't know is that I've been appointed Gym Leader. I, as in, Uranus! No... wait... I mean Fantina." She laughed maniacally.

(Next: Chapter 41: VS. Drifblim Pt. 1!)

10000+ Hits! I LOVE YOU GUYS! MEMBERS AND GUESTS!

Lash

Years
Awesome chapter there man, I was waiting for it. So much action in just one chapter, I loved it for sure. Even though Volt and Trident couldn't do anything, and look at poor Pyra...

But, what I love most now is the fact that the story is seriously really starting to pick up/progress more and more now. I wonder what Diamond will use against Fantina, though. Diamond was advised not to use Trident, so its definitely a head scratcher. Surely, he will pull through :P

And, as mentioned before, Volt the E-Vire, and a fifth badge from the old gym leader?

c8fc57a195bb665ddcfefc13c868eab2.png

;D

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Awesome chapter there man, I was waiting for it. So much action in just one chapter, I loved it for sure. Even though Volt and Trident couldn't do anything, and look at poor Pyra...

But, what I love most now is the fact that the story is seriously really starting to pick up/progress more and more now. I wonder what Diamond will use against Fantina, though. Diamond was advised not to use Trident, so its definitely a head scratcher. Surely, he will pull through :P

And, as mentioned before, Volt the E-Vire, and a fifth badge from the old gym leader?

c8fc57a195bb665ddcfefc13c868eab2.png

;D

Believe or not, Pyra wasn't actually intended to be crippled. I just happened to make her that way, lol. Don't worry, she'll get better, as will Trident and Volt. The next two chapters will be strictly a Diamond VS. Fantina (Uranus) battle!

Lash

Years
Haha, can't wait for it man! Though I am still curious about what Dia will use against her Drifblim.

And, I wonder if Pearl will use Gaia more, he does seem to be a little focused on Volt.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Haha, can't wait for it man! Though I am still curious about what Dia will use against her Drifblim.

And, I wonder if Pearl will use Gaia more, he does seem to be a little focused on Volt.

Yeah, Gaia hasn't been used that much, hee hee. I wonder.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 41: VS. Drifblim Part 1!
dpmfa426.png

As Diamond flew in the night sky via Pilot, he checked his Poketch to see what time it was. According to his watch device, it was eleven o'clock at night. Anxious to received the Gym Badge, Diamond declared to himself that he was going to challenge who ever the Gym Leader was as soon as he got to Hearthome. He was in desperate need of a rebound victory over a big opponent; A Gym Leader was the perfect opposition.

Flying over Route 208, Hearthome City came into view. Because it was so late in the night, few lights were on. The most notable building to Diamond was the Gym. Unlike the other Gyms Diamond saw, the Hearthome Gym looked similar to a hotel blended in with a cathedral. There was about five stories worth of building. Diamond instructed Pilot descend and the Yanma did so, landing Diamond right in front of the entrance.

Due to the darkness, Diamond released Rose, his Skuntank, and Dexter, his Pachirisu. He didn't bother release Trident due to the Prinplup's condition. Before he entered, Diamond decided to have a pep talk with his Pokemon.

"Okay Rose, Dex, Pilot... we're a man down. Trident was severely injured in a battle earlier today. Because of this, each of you will have to step up in the biggest way possible. I can't use Trident or he will get worse, understand? Rose... I want you to use your worst toxic flatulence. Dex... I want you to electrocute the opponent like there's no tomorrow. Pilot... I want you Sonic Boom anything that stands in your way," Diamond nodded to each of them, "Now... let's go get that badge."

-----

Once Diamond and his Pokemon were inside, they walked towards the bottom room of the Gym. The sides of the Gym had Lutheran windows. At the end of the room, there seemed to be nothing. No way to go to the upper floors. Diamond led his Pokemon to the end of the Gym quietly as low melody of a ghouly organ player could be heard. After they reach the back wall, Diamond and his Pokemon stepped up on a platform, unknowingly, and looked around, "Hello!?" Diamond shouted.

The echo of the shout caused Murkrow they stayed in the Gym to awaken. Each cawed at Diamond and flew out of a broken portion in the windows. Diamond stumbled backwards and thudded against the wall, causing the platform to immediately rise slowly.

"Whoa!" Diamond shouted as he and his Pokemon were taken up to the next level of the Gym.

The platform stopped with a thud as Diamond his Pokemon walked off of it and onto the solid floor of the second level. On this floor there were three doors and a sign in front of the middle door. It read:

I've waited for you for quite sometime. Now that we're alone, your soul will be mines.

Doesn't matter what door you choose, surely I'll win and surely you'll lose.

All that time you brag and boast, I'll fright you to death with my ghosts!

Diamond blinked after reading the sign, "Who ever this is, he or she can't scare me. If I can go through twelve rounds with Spiritomb, some Gym Leader can not scare me."

With a determined look on his face, Diamond, along with his Pokemon, entered through the first door. Closing the door behind him, Diamond noticed that the room was empty and dark. Just then, as Diamond and his Pokemon walked to the center of the room, the four corners of each room started to glow in a ray of purple light. The purple spheres were then given faces with wide mouths.

"Ghastly..." Diamond uttered as he pointed at them, "Rose, Night Slash! Dex, Discharge! Pilot, let's fly!"

Pilot gripped up Diamond and took flight into the air. Rose snorted a bit as dark energy surrounded her paws. She sprang forward and slash the Ghastly across the face, instantly defeating them. Dex charged up his blue electricity and shocked the other two Ghastly into oblivion quickly.

With disregard to the platform, Pilot flew Diamond to the third level of Gym. Rose and Dex were lifted up to next level with the platform riser. On this level, there were two Dusclops floating before them. The two Dusclops, seemingly paying no attention to Diamond, then lunged forward at them with Shadow Punches. The punch hit Pilot, causing the Yanma to drop Diamond to the cold floor. Diamond grunted as he held his back, not injured, but nonetheless, hurt. This made Pilot quite angry.

Pilot began to fly around the Dusclops quickly before making a sharp U-Turn. Its body was covered in translucent green energy. The Yanma then tackled one Dusclops into the wall, knocking it out.

Diamond pumped his fist, "Way to go, Pilot!" He looked to the other Dusclops, just in time to be grabbed by it, "Go for the head!"

Rose nodded, knowing what he meant. She jumped up, her right paw prepared for a Night Slash. Dusclops was unprepared to block, holding on to Diamond. Finally, Rose's claws came in contact with Dusclops' head, causing the Ghost Pokemon to free Diamond, before collapsing to the ground.

Diamond dusted himself off as Pilot grabbed him, "Let's go."

-----

They were now on the fourth level on the Gym, meaning there was only one more level until they reach their peak. All was quiet and dark, but surely not empty. In the right corner of the room was a seemingly a small, hot air balloon. It appeared to be used to its maximum. Diamond approached it and stroked it gently, "Wow... this thing is old."

As Diamond touched it, red eyes appeared on the balloon portion of the hot air balloon. Slowly, it awoke and floated up to the ceiling in a low rumble.

Diamond took out his Pokedex, "I get the feeling that this is a Drifblim..." He said sarcastically.

He quickly walked backwards and stood behind Pilot, Rose, and Dex.

"Okay..." Diamond thought to himself, "Drifblim don't have good physical or special defense. However, they have excellent stamina. We've been battling here for quite some time and I think we can pull it off."

Drifblim roared as it flapped its front to wings, sending off a gale of purple Ominous Wind. The wind caused Diamond's three Pokemon to slide back a few inches, but they maintained stability.

"Attack!" Diamond shouted, pointing his hand forward.

Dex scrambled toward Drifblim wildly, sending off an array of Discharges. The blue energy shocked Drifblim, causing it to slowly float back into the wall. Rose reared back and fired a Flamethrower at Drifblim's large face, combining the paralysis with a burn. Finally, Pilot monotonely repeated his name as rocks appeared before him and shot at Drifblim's face.

By now, all of Diamond's Pokemon were heavily fatigued from the constant battle with all of the Ghost Pokemon of the Gym.

Drifblim collapsed to the ground before disappearing in the ground. For some reason, Diamond felt that the Gym was a little too easy. Though it was, his Pokemon were breathing heavily. He checked his Poketch, "Midnight..."

-----

Diamond didn't bother allowing Pilot to fly him up on the next and final level, because he wanted the Yanma's energy to be saved. He and his Pokemon stood on the rising platform and it rose them to the fifth floor. They each, not including Pilot, stepped forward and looked around. At the end of the room was a door, cracked open. The room beyond the door was not lit.

Diamond led his Pokemon to the door and opened it slowly. They entered the dank, dark room and the door closed behind them. The room was now partially lit by the moons rays hitting against the Lutheran window at the back of the room. A slender figure stood, looking out of the window before turning around staring at Diamond, "Finally, you're here."

Stepping forward, Diamond said, "Are you the Gym Leader?"

"Correct. I am Fantina..." She stepped forward, "But you may know me as..."

Dim lights turned on revealing Fantina.

"...Uranus..."

-----

Diamond was completely shocked to find out that a Neo Team Rocket commander was a Gym Leader, "Wait a minute... how? How are you the Gym Leader!? You're part of an evil organization!"

"It called an alias. I guess you're not that much of a genius now, are you?"

"OK, I'm sick of people saying that." Diamond clenched his fists.

"Finally, I can get you back, now. All the trouble you and your other two friends have caused us, it ends here, tonight. I've been studying you for a while and I now know your battle style: You like to study your opponents and feed off their weaknesses. Now, I'm gonna feed off yours. You don't have any Pokemon with a killer instinct. Your Pachirisu is nothing more than a special attacker. Your Skuntank is nothing more than a physical attacker with one or two special attacks. Your Yanma can't do a thing but fly. And from what I hear, your Prinplup is missing in action." She folded her arms, "I'll make this beat down nice and easy with benefits, understand?"

Diamond said nothing.

"Oh, now you're silent. I guess I'll do all the talking now," she took out an Ultraball and held it up, "Drifblim, standby!"

The ball burst open in a flash of white light. Again, another Drifblim floated before Diamond.

"So you have another Drifblim..." Diamond whispered.

"Yes, darling. And this one isn't like the one you beat in the previous room. This Drifblim has been thoroughly trained and is as young as you are. Also... it's been fed with several vitamins so it's defense is up to its maximum. What are you prepared to do?"

Diamond sneered, "I did not come all this way just to lose. Especially to a drag queen like your self."

Fantina was not angered, "Hm, I'm past the insults, hun. Let's just fight, shall we? Drifblim!"

Drifblim began to float around in circles in a dancing like motion. Out of nowhere, clouds formed at the ceiling of the fifth floor and rain started pouring down as hard as possible.

"First, get rid of the Pachirisu; it thrives in rainstorms!" Fantina shouted to Drifblim.

Floating forward, Drifblim yawned a bit as a dark blob of energy appeared in front of its mouth. Once Drifblim coughed, the blob shot at Dex and slammed the helpless Pachirisu into a wall, knocking it out instantly.

Diamond quickly recalled Dex and said, "Rose, Night Slash! Pilot, U-Turn!"

Rose ran forward as Pilot flew above her. Dark energy surrounded Rose's paws as she jumped up and slashed Drifblim's back. However, the Balloon Pokemon was unaffected. Drifblim turned around and Body Slammed Rose onto ground, literally sitting on the Skunk Pokemon. After a few seconds, Drifblim floated up, revealing a flattened Rose.

Diamond recalled Rose now and looked to Pilot was now being surrounded by green energy. The Yanma zipped toward Drifblim head on, hoping to at least get some damage on the Pokemon. Another sphere of energy appeared in front of Drifblim but instead it was more of a silver color with beams of notable spherical linear light spinning around the silver sphere. The Gyro Ball was shot at Pilot's face, sending the Yanma into a state of unconsciousness.

Diamond returned Pilot to his Pokeball and sighed heavily. Fantina was not amused, "What the hell? That's all you've got? I was hoping for an epic battle. I wanted to defeat you at your peak? I was going to offer you a chance to join Neo Team Rocket if you lost. But now, screw that. You deserve to die. Drifblim, Stockpile!"

Drifblim began sucking in the oxygen of the room, its body growing larger by the minute. Diamond stood helplessly as he reached into his pocket, taking out Trident's Pokemon. True, the Prinplup was hurt, but he was in a conscious state while his other Pokemon were all fainted, easily.

"What can I do?" Diamond thought as Drifblim continued to Stockpile, "If I use Trident, he could get hurt... or worse." He looked down, thinking about Sam, "If I had Sam... he would help me, greatly. But..." He looked up and watched Drifblim Stockpile a third time, "...he's not. Trident... you can do it. We can do it."

"Spit Up!" Fantina shouted

Diamond tossed his Pokeball forward toward the beaming white light that Drifblim spat up, "Go!"

The impact of the ball hitting the white beam caused a great explosion, knocking over Fantina and Diamond to the ground. It was risky... but Diamond needed to win.

He needed to survive.

(Next: Chapter 42: VS. Drifblim Part 2!)

Lash

Years
Such a non epic battle that was still full of the usual drama and surprises you can always expect from Poke Special Manga: DP!

Can't wait for II, and I especially can't wait for Hippowdon. You know what I'm talking about ;D

But, all and all, it was a seriously good chapter.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 42: VS. Drifblim Part 2!
dpmfa426.png

Once the white light dimmed down and completely went away, in the pouring rain stood Trident. The Prinplup's beak and left flipper were tightly wrapped in white tape, covering up the bruises that Gliscor had given him. Diamond clenched his fist as he sneered at Fantina.

"Thanks for the rain. That's just about the only thing I will be thanking you for." Diamond looked to Trident who had a determined look on his face. Trident held up its flipped and pointed at Drifblim, challenging it.

Dirfblim, meanwhile, was Stockpiling again, it's Balloon body increasing once, twice, thrice more. Trident squatted down and dashed toward Drifblim quickly.

"Drill Peck!" Diamond shouted.

Trident's beak slightly grew out and became sharper. The Prinplup jumped up and slashed Drifblim across the face, damaging it a bit. However, one he had landed, Trident winced a bit in pain, not wanting to show how much it hurt to barely move.

"Drifblim, Spit Up!" Fantina shouted as the rain let down harder. Her hair was now straight and soaked. Half of her purple hair covered her right eye, giving off a witch-like appearance.

Drifblim fire another beam of white light at Trident once it was through Stockpiling. Trident, one on knee, looked up and dove out of the way just in time. Tumbling up to his webbed feet, Trident looked back to Diamond for a command. The Prinplup trust and happiness was at its peak. Trident knew that Diamond would come up with a plan eventually; Trident's job was too stay active until Diamond conjured his thoughts.

"Metal Claw!"

Trident immediately answered. Small claws appeared out of the sides of the Prinplup's flippers. Each claw had a metallic look to it. As Trident approached Drifblim, it hacked and slashed as fast as possible in order to prevent a counter attack. Once he got tired, Trident plopped to the ground, wincing a bit more and grunting, "Prin...Prinplup!"

Diamond exhaled and inhaled. He was a bit tired himself. It was as if he could feel Trident's pain and determination at the same time. It remind him of a lesson his father once told him a while back...

Years ago in Twinleaf Town...

"Son... when sometimes in a battle, when you use a certain Pokemon more than others, it will grow fatigue and lose stamina. However, its trust in you and happiness with you will increase dramatically. Because of this many things can happen." Riley stated as he looked to a young Diamond.

They were currently in the forest, gathering Berries for Diamond's mother's Berry Blend Pie.

Diamond looked up at his father, "So... what happens?"

Riley smiled, carrying a basket full of a variety of types of berries, "For one thing, Starter Pokemon like Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, and their respective evolutions can tap into their special abilities. For the Turtwig line is Overgrow; For the Chimchar line is Blaze; For the Piplup line is Torrent. Each of these special abilities increases their attack power by an exceptional amount, possibly turning the tide in battle."

Diamond nodded, carrying a smaller bag at his side, "Or like when Bug Pokemon swarm?"

Riley smiled and noogied Diamond's head, "Correct, kiddo."

Lucario came from behind them and slowed down once it caught up with Diamond and Riley. It nodded at Riley as it tossed a few Berries into basketball. Smiling at Diamond now, Lucario picked up Diamond and placed him on its shoulders. Diamond giggled and said, "Daddy, what else happens when a Pokemon looks like its about to lose?"

Riley smiled and looked to Lucario, "Well, for one... a Pokemon can evolve, depending on how much it likes you or how strong it has become. Lucario evolved when I battled my friend Byron. It was just a practice battle, but every I battle Byron, it seems likes its the championship match at the Pokemon League. Anyway, he was just about to beat me with his newly evolved Bastiodon when... Whoosh! Riolu evolves into Lucario and just pulverizes him!"

Diamond rested his head on the top Lucario's head, dreaming about winning comeback matches, "I wanna do that one day, Daddy!"

"Well," Riley snickered, "if you trust your Pokemon, surely it will happen one day."

With that Riley, Diamond, and Lucario exited the forest...

Trident looked back at Diamond once more for a command. Diamond hesitated for just one moment and Drifblim grabbed Trident with its wings and wrapped them around the Prinplup tightly. Trident instantly started to suffer and wail out in intense pain. During the Constriction, Diamond's eyes widen as he saw his Pokemon being hurt, almost in a similar fashion to Pyra. Earlier, as he made his way to the Gym, Diamond promised he wouldn't let that happen to anyone or anything he cared about.

He began to sprint, his feet splashing in the now ankle deep water. Fantina furrowed her brows, "What are you doing? Drifblim!"

Drifblim noticed Diamond approaching and backhanded the boy with one of its back wings. Diamond thudded to the ground and splashed face first into the water. Trident struggled and grunted repeatedly after seeing his trainer being manhandled by Drifblim. Diamond slowly stood up, a red mark on his right cheek.

"That... can't... stop... me..." Diamond struggled to speak as he ran toward Drifblim again, "Let Trident go!" He jumped up at Drifblim, but ultimately was backhanded again. This process repeated one more time before Diamond lay in the water, just about knocked senseless.

The will to fight helped Diamond stand up. His eyes met Trident's. The Prinplup now had a determined look on its face. It wasn't about to submit now. Not in the middle of their quest. No.

Diamond clenched his fist as his arms stiffened, "Trident, we can do this!"

Trident closed his eyes tightly as a bright light began to surround the Prinplup. Fantina gritted her teeth, yelling in a negative fashion. She commanded that Drifblim tighten its grip, but the Ghost/Flying-type Pokemon failed to succeed. Trident's body began to expand now, to the point at which Drifblim couldn't hold much longer. Trident's body was now too heavy and Drifblim dropped the glowing Pokemon to the flooded floor. Finally, the glowing dispersed and there stood a newly-evolved Pokemon. Trident's final form.

Trident now looked like a larger penguin-like Pokemon. His body was now mostly navy blue as opposed to the previous forms who had lighter blue bodies. His feet now have actually more notable webbing. Trident's wings were now tipped with blue metal and three golden claws were sticking out at the bottom. He had a short, blue, metal fin sticking out of his back and another gin on the front of his body that extended to where his chin was, which split into a collar. He also had two gold-colored spots on his upper back. The most prominent feature was the three-horned trident-like crest that extended from his beak. All in all, Trident now looked like a metallic Penguin with tuxedo-like features.

"Empo...Empoleon!!!" Trident shouted to the heavens, now completely healed of all his past problems.

Diamond smiled weakly and said, "Trident... evolved into Empoleon!"

Fantina gulped a bit as she stepped back, but then planted her foot, "Stockpile three times!"

Drifblim sucked in more oxygen as its body grew to the limit. Knowing its trainer, Drifblim gulped the air down, healing itself from Trident's earlier attacks. Upon healing, Drifblim Stockpiled again until ti was at its maximum.

While this occured, Diamond checked his Pokedex for Trident's new attacks. Once he went over them he looked to Trident was now standing beside him. Diamond, now just about Trident's height due to evolution, said, "I'm ready when you are."

Trident nodded silently. Afterwards, the Empoleon stepped forward. Drifblim fire a Spit Up in Trident's direction. The Empoleon stood there as the beam approached and allowed the beam to hit it. Once the beam came in contact with Trident's chest, amazingly enough, the beam reflected off to the left and right as Trident stared at Drifblim with an "is that all you got?" expression.

Diamond smirked and said, "Whirlpool!"

Trident flapped his metallic wings slowly and then quickly as the water below began to spiral beneath Drifblim. Eventually, the water rose up and engulfed Drifblim in an aquatic hurricane. Fantina shielded her face.

"Ah! No... this can't be happening! I'm suppose to defeat you! I'm supposed to come out victorious!" She collapsed to her knees, staring at the water typhoon before her.

Diamond smirked and said, "Yeah... but since you were about to give me no pity... Trident is about to give no pity to your balloon. Trident, Steel Wing!"

Once the tornado ceased and the rain stopped, Driifblim floated, dizzy from spinning around so much. Trident sprang up in the air and received a considerable amount of hang time. While being airborne, the Empoleon spun around slowly, holding its wings straight as they starter to shimmer in the moonlight. Now that his wings were completely metallicized, Trident continuously slashed his wings at Drifblim to the point the Drifblim was annihilated. After one final Steel Wing, Drifblim was thrown through the Lutheran window and landed somewhere outside in the city. Trident ceased his spinning and thudded to the ground, firmly. With a killing mentality in mind, the Empoleon slowly approached Fantina.

Now on her buttocks, Fantina slowly backed away, "No... mercy! Mercy!" She reached into her cleavage and tossed a badge at him, "Here... is that what you want? The Relic Badge? Take it... Take it and go away!"

Diamond shook his head, "Trident... have fun with her."

Trident smirked sharpened his beak, preparing a Drill Peck, when out of nowhere, a mysterious flying vehicle released a ladder into the Gym. Fantina quickly clambered up the ladder and said, "This isn't over, Rowan boy! Far from it!"

Diamond looked up and mouthed the words, "Count on it."

-----

The next day at the Hearthome Pokemon Center...

Diamond sat at the phone booth at the Pokemon Center and phoned Pearl, who was at home in Twinleaf, "Hey Pearl, you'll never guess what happened last night."

"What?" Pearl answered. He was currently in his bedroom, taking a brake from all the action.

"Well, I battled the new Hearthome Gym Leader only to find out that it was Uranus! Turns out her real name is Fantina. She specializes in Ghost Type Pokemon. For some reason, I didn't see her Froslass, though."

Pearl shrugged, "Come to think of it, Froslass is an Ice/Ghost-type Pokemon. From what I hear, Neo Team Rocket notoriously use Ice-type Pokemon. Maybe it belongs to the organization."

"Maybe," Diamond sighed, "Anyway. Guess what also happened?"

"What?"

"Trident evolved!" Diamond moved out of the way of the picture and pointed to his Empoleon in the background. Trident waved happily at Pearl.

Pearl groaned and said, "Ugh... whatever," he chuckled, "...I'm just training Gaia so that he can learn his moves more quickly. I learned that from Professor Rowan this morning."

"Dude," Diamond snickered, "that's the like Pokemon Training 101. Preschool much?"

Pearl slapped his forehead and said, "Shut up, Dia. So, are you coming home to Twinleaf now that you've won your badge?"

"Yeah," Diamond nodded, "I'm gonna fly out there as soon as my Pokemon get healed. Turns out the Hearthome Pokemon Center branch have a special medicine to heal Pokemon. Have you heard from Dawn?"

"No," Pearl frowned, "I think she's still in Celestic with her Infernape. I'll call her now. Come over to my place when you get here."

"Okay, but I gotta stop by Jubilife and get my Poketch upgraded."

"Alright, see you later."

"Bye."

Diamond hung up the phone and approached the counter. Nurse Joy handed him his Pokeballs and expressed to him that his Pokemon were fully healed. Diamond thanked the Nurse and exited the Center. He returned Trident to his Pokeball and then released Pilot, who looked much better now after last night.

"Okay, Pilot. We're going to Hearthome City. It's just over Mt. Coronet."

Pilot nodded, wrapping its legs around Diamond's upper body before lifting the boy off the ground and soaring into the skies. Diamond smiled at the thought of returning home to see his mother and the Professor.

-----

In western Jubilife...

A boy in a boy scout outfit stood beside his Luxray as he watched a Hippowdon ramming its head into the side of the Poketch headquarters. Several Poketch Company workers stood outside, not wanting to be harmed by the hippopotamus Pokemon, but wanting it stop. They had to go to work.

Jacob, the boy scout, sighed and said, "Ah... I wish I never caught that rabid Hippowdon. I can't control it..." He looked to his Luxray and said, "Luxray won't be much help against Hippowdon. Oh man..."

Soon a crowd formed around the building as the Hippowdon continued to ram its head into the side of the building, breaking glass and ultimately tilting the building!

(Next: Chapter 43: VS. Hippowdon!)

Author Note: Alright, that's it for this week! Tune in Next Thursday/Friday for the next installment. Something I'm sure everyone will love happens in the next chapter. ;)

Last edited:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 43: VS. Hippowdon!
dpmfa450.png

Diamond lightly treaded in the direction of eastern Jubilife City. He decided he would walk from Mt. Coronet to Jubilife in order to keep up his stamina and not to wear out Pilot's strength. Surprisingly, this portion of Jubilife was rather quiet. You could never catch Jubilife being quiet; no way, no how. As Diamond walked along the sidewalk and crossed the street, he noticed a massive crowd surrounding Poketch Headquarters.

"Hm, there are probably new applications for the Poketch watches. No wonder the city is so empty." Diamond began to jog in the direction of crowd, holding on to the straps of his backpack.

When he arrived, Diamond squeezed his way through people, ducking and dodging flailing arms. As Diamond finally was out of the crowd and in the opening, he noticed Jacob and his Luxray standing there, watching a Hippowdon ramming its head onto the side of the building. By now, the building was close to collapsing. It was as if the Hippowdon had a grudge against the building.

Smiling, Diamond waved to Jacob, "Hey, Jacob!"

Jacob looked around when he heard somebody calling his name. He returned the smile weakly and said, "Diamond! You're in town?" He quietly approached Diamond as the two began to start a conversation.

Diamond nodded, "Yeah, I'm just stopping by here before I visit my Mom in Twinleaf and the Professor in Sandgem."

"Oh," Jacob sighed, "I've got a problem and I need your help." He glanced at the Hippowdon slamming its skull onto the now broken brick, "My Hippowdon is on a rampage and it won't return to its Pokeball. I was wondering if you could, by any chance, faint it? My Luxray was no match for it."

Luxray grumbled, ashamed.

Diamond raised his eyebrows, "Wow... I remember when that little guy was a Shinx a long time ago. Sure, my Pokemon need more experience anyway." He took out a Pokeball and threw it forward as the crowd began to murmur at the sight of possibly a Pokemon battle.

Once the Pokeball burst open, out came Rose, Diamond's Skuntank. She wagged her buttocks ferociously before grunting and staring at the Hippowdon and then Luxray. With hearts in her eyes, Rose sprinted over to Luxray and began purring on the Gleam Eyes Pokemon. Luxray, baffled by the smell of Rose, quickly tried to avoid the Skuntank, but Rose was too stubborn. She continued to chase the slow moving Luxray around the Headquarters, totally ignoring the headbutting Hippowdon.

Diamond groaned and grasped his face, "So embarrassing..."

"Tell me about it." Jacob chuckled, covering his nose, "Your Skuntank still smells!"

-----

Somewhere in Route 218...

"Alright Samurai," Riley said, standing in front of a large boat that was about to set sail for Canalave, "Your journey with me ends here. Now, I want you to go find Diamond and prove yourself to him, alright?" He leaned down and stroked the Kirlia's face gently. Turning his back and now boarding the boat, Riley said farewell to Sam as the ship disappeared into the sunset.

Sam stood there on his tiptoes, a little nervous to confront Diamond again. The entire time away from Diamond, Sam was training with Riley. However, the training was very much different. Sam was somewhat of a target for Riley's Pokemon, but that was what exactly Sam wanted: He wanted to become so strong to the point that no Pokemon could stop him. But with this training, Sam failed to be happy. Sure, he was happy being with Diamond's father, but he really wanted to be with his trainer.

The Kirlia continued to contemplate this as it entered the city limits of Jubilife. With his head to the ground as he floated along, Sam looked up when he heard the voices of several people. He looked ahead and said a Hippowdon about to knock over the entire Poketch Headquarters and instantly found this opportunity to be helpful to him. If he could defeat this Hippowdon, it would prove that he was stronger than when he battled Gold's Typhlosion.

Quickly, Sam teleported to the battle scene and, ironically, appeared right in front of Diamond.

Shocked, Diamond's mouth dropped as he began to stutter, "S-S-Sam!? Is it you?"

Sam turned around to face Diamond, his eyes welling up. Then, the Kirlia realized what it came to do. Sam had to defeat the Hippowdon in order to prove himself a worthy Pokemon to Diamond.

Jacob blinked and said, "Isn't that your Kirlia? Why are you so surprised to see it?"

"Long story." Diamond said quietly.

Sam turned to face his opponent, the Hippowdon and stood ready. Then, the Psychic-type Pokemon's body started to glow in a silver color. The crowd surrounding them was in awe at the beauty of the Secret Power. Diamond took out his Pokedex and it showed Sam's moveset. When he read it, he was astounded that most of Sam's attacks were physical based rather than special based. Jacob noticed this as well.

"I've never heard of a physical attacking Kirlia. What the heck?" Jacob looked up at Diamond, "And why aren't you giving your Kirlia commands?"

Diamond placed his Pokedex back into his pocket and said, "Ever since I could remember, Sam only liked to use physical attacks. I mean, he could do other Psychic attacks, but it was if he preferred fighting hand-to-hand. He always used to looked up to my father's Lucario like a student would do to a sensei in a martial arts dojo." He looked down at Jacob, "I'm not going to give Sam any commands. I want to see how he does and how much he has improved without me. It appears he has learned Secret Power. Definitely one of my father's Pokemon's moves for opening up entrances to caves."

Sam floated towards Hippowdon quickly and began striking several points on the Ground-type Pokemon's body. All the while, Hippowdon drifted away from the building and was now being punched and thrusted into a steel wall on the backside of Poketch Headquarters. Once Sam completed Secret Power, he then reached for something that was dangling around his neck. It appeared to be a cyan-colored, oval stone strapped to a necklace. Snatching the necklace off its neck, the Kirlia Flung the held item at Hippowdon and it bounced off the now injured Pokemon and returned to Sam's hands.

In a matter of ten minutes flat, Hippowdon lay on the ground, easily defeated. Sam stood near it, breathing heavily as the necklace was place around his neck again. The Kirlia face the crowd and received instant applause. Diamond's eyes widen as he folded his arms. Sam floated back in Diamond's direction as his eyes met Diamond's.

"Sam... Wow, you're strong!" Diamond smiled brightly.

Sam nodded silently and uttered, "Kir..Kirlia."

Diamond sighed and said, "Listen. I want you to join me again... so how about it?" He extended his hand.

Sam stared at the boy's hand for about five minutes, reminiscing about all the things that he, Diamond, and his other Pokemon had been through together. He remembered helping Diamond battling Roark and Gardenia. He also recalled Diamond calling him stupid and pathetic to paraphrase. Sam stepped back a bit, not wanting that to happen right now. For what it is worth, Sam took Diamond's "apology", if you could call it that, insincere.

"Listen. I want you to join me again... so how about it?"

Definitely not what Sam was looking for. He was looking for a, "I'm deeply sorry for what I did to you emotionally Sam. Can you forgive me?" but was left with what Diamond had asked him. It seemed that Diamond had not necessarily learned his lesson yet on how to treat Pokemon. Sam shook his head feverishly and slowly floated away, past Diamond.

Diamond watched in shock as Sam disappeared into the city limits as the crowd disappeared.

-----

Later on route to Sandgem Town...

Diamond walked alongside Jacob, his fists jammed into his pockets. Jacob, curious to know what happened between Diamond and Sam, asked, "What's up with you and your Kirlia?"

Diamond looked forward, avoiding Jacob's eyes. He exhaled deeply, "Well, I was really getting upset back then. When I battled with Sam, I would always lose. He would always be defeated. In my opinion back then, I thought he was giving half effort and not trying his hardest. I only wanted him to try harder and live up to his potential, but I pushed it too far when I called Sam a... I'm sorry. I do not want to repeat what I called Sam. It reminds me of the day he fled from me." He sniffed a bit, holding back tears of regret, "I'm just glad that now I can go home for a bit and take a rest from this journey. Although, my Mom will be upset that Sam's not with me, unless my father has already told her about it. But he hasn't been at home for years."

-----

Now in Sandgem Town...

Diamond exhaled the beach air deeply as Jacob trailed behind him. Now that they were in Sandgem, Diamond wanted to get his Pokemon examined by Professor Rowan. Rowan was once a great trainer and Diamond knew that the Professor could most likely sense his excellence in training.

Diamond swung the laboratory door open and led Jacob inside. Pearl was speaking to the Professor at the time when Diamond came in with Jacob. Immediately, Rowan's attention went to Diamond.

"Diamond, my boy, I haven't seen or heard from you in ages! What has been antagonizing your work with us?" Rowan asked.

Diamond sighed and folded his arms, "I don't want any part of your plot to stop Team Galactic or Neo Team Rocket. As far as I am concerned, I just want to win the Pokemon League. Also, I have only come here to get my Pokemon examined before I go to Canalave and challenge the Gym Leader." He released Rose, Pilot, and Dex from there Pokeballs.

Pearl stepped aside, "Hey, Dia."

Diamond nodded at Pearl as Rowan studied the three Pokemon.

"Hm. Your Skuntank appears to be in top shape. Your Yanma appears to have strong legs and wings. And your Pachirisu looks... excited, to say the least." Rowan stood up straight and said, "You've done a fine job, Diamond, but where is your Ralts?"

Diamond sighed and said, "Well, Sam's a Kirlia now. He's... somewhere. I don't know."

"Did you lose him?"

"No."

"Then what happened?"

"Just forget it, okay!?" Diamond shouted as Pearl and Jacob winced.

Rowan furrowed his brows and said, "Okay then." He faced Pearl, "Pearl, go to Celestic Town and inform Dawn that we have a Pokemon Conference meeting in Canalave City in the next few days, alright?"

Pearl nodded and looked to Diamond, "Are you going home?"

"No," Diamond shook his head quickly, "Not without Sam."

"Okay... I'm going to Canalave." He walked out the lab quickly with Jacob leaving behind him.

Diamond sighed and turned to leave as well.

"Diamond, stop."

Diamond stopped in his tracks, with his right hand pressed against the door. He turned his head slowly, indicating that the Professor had his attention, "..."

"Listen," Rowan stepped close to him, "You are a fine young man and trainer. It is true that your Pokemon have been trained to their fullest ability. However, I somehow sensed a feeling of emptiness in your Pokemon. Now, it is unclear to me because I am not their trainer. However, I think you should learn and find out why your Pokemon have an empty feeling in their hearts, understood?"

Diamond nodded weakly and left out. Returning Rose and Dex to their Pokeballs, Diamond left out Pilot who wrapped his arms around Diamond's upper body and began to take flight. As they flew, Diamond saw Pearl walking towards Jubilife. Luckily for Diamond, he had a flying Pokemon and he knew the coordinates of Canalave City. Unfortunately for Diamond, he had many memories in Canalave. Some of them were good, but the others were bad.

-----

As Diamond flew over the water, the city of Canalave came into view. The giant bridge in the center of city was clearly visible from miles away. With a determined look on his face, Diamond promised to himself that he would go to Canalave, beat the Gym Leader, and depart as soon as possible.

-----

In Canalave...

Several people were running off the bridge in the center of the town. Apparently coming from the southern portion of the bridge was something that made the citizens of Canalave scared. A pack of Team Galactic henchmen robotically marched up the bridge. Leading the pack was none other than the Galactic Commander Saturn with an Alakazam leading the way and destroying several parts of the bridge.

Watching from inside his steel mill Gym, Byron sneered and said, "Alright, that's how Saturn wants to play... fine with me." Running towards the exit of his Gym, Byron grabbed a Pokeball off a counter nearby and went to the outside.

(Next: Chapter 44: VS. Alakazam!)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 44: VS. Alakazam!
dpmfa065.png

"Alright, Men. Sector Alpha, head to north Canalave. Sector Beta, South. Sector Gamma, West. And Sector Delta, East. I will escapade the Central portion of Canalave. Move out, troops!" Saturn called out to his men as they each went to their respective locations. As he remained on the bridge with his Alakazam, he smiled as someone approached him.

"Hold it right there, Saturn!" Byron shouted, shifting his cloak away from his arms, revealing his large, bulging muscles. He held out his Pokeball and pointed it towards Saturn and Alakazam, "I swear, you're as stubborn as your brother used to be."

Saturn's expression went from calm, to somewhat angry, "How dare you speak bad of Cyrus!" He shouted, "You know what I want, where is he?"

Byron smirked and said, "I'm afraid I can't tell you that. Besides, even if you do find him, it's not like you'll be able to defeat him, any way. Also, I think you would have to get past me and my Gym Trainers. I've sent them in all directions, preventing your search for Riley."

"Is that so?" Saturn said calmly, "Fine. Alakazam, Psychic!"

The Psi Pokemon ran towards Byron, its spoons bending at a fast rate. A prism beam shot at Byron, but the Canalave Gym Leader easily dove out of harms way. Finally, the Pokeball in his hand burst open, the blinding light revealing Byron's Pokemon. In its place, a steel-blue Pokemon with piercing red eyes and a bell shaped body.

"Just so none of your little Grunts get any ideas, Bronzong, Block!" Byron yelled out.

Bronzong slowly started to spiral around, emitting a blue aura that surrounded the bridge-battle field. There was no means of escaping and no means of entering. It was just Saturn and Byron.

"Now," Byron quickly called out, "Gyro Ball!"

"Quick, Alakazam, Charge Beam!"

Bronzong floated towards Alakazam, as Alakazam charged at Bronzong. As it cupped its spoons together, Alakazam was preparing to fire a beam of electrical energy at Bronzong. Meanwhile Bronzong was charging a spiraling sphere of metallic energy. Finally, the two Pokemon fire their respective attacks at one another, causing a fierce eruption to occur at the scene.

-----

As Diamond flew into the city limits, he noticed a giant field of energy smothering the entire bridge in the center of the city. Many people were looking out of their windows, standing on sidewalks, and walking by, just to find exactly what was going on. Their attention soon was taking away by several Galactic Goons breaking and entering buildings, in search of man named Riley. Eventually, one of the Grunts asked Diamond. Big mistake.

The male Goon ran up to Diamond and grabbed him by his collar, "Do you know a man named Riley?"

As Diamond heard the name 'Riley', his temper instantly started to flare. Why were they looking for his father? What did Team Galactic and his father have in common?

Diamond's eyebrows furrowed as he, in return, grabbed the Goon's collar and said, "What's it to you?" Pilot instantly slapped the Goon with its left wing, causing the man to lose his grip on Diamond. Pilot immediately grabbed Diamond and took flight over the city.

Everywhere, Goons were attacking people, demanding to know the whereabouts of Riley. This was all shocking to Diamond. He knew his father was well known for winning the Pokemon League, but he didn't figure that he would be wanted by an evil organization. Exactly what did his father do?

As Diamond flew over above, he noticed some sort of battle going on below him on the bridge. However, the entire battle was blocked off by an aqua-blue field of energy. Diamond tried to see who the two combatants were.

"Okay," Diamond said, squinting his eyes, "the guy on the left appears to look like Roark, just older, without the glasses, with a beard, and with muscles. The other guy is... Saturn?"

-----

"What's the matter Saturn?" Byron smiled, victoriously. His Bronzong floated over a defeated Alakazam, "I could have sworn your brother helped you train. Was it all for naught? A shame."

Saturn quickly returned his Alakazam as the force field disappeared. He glared at Byron and said, "Hmph. No, it was not all for not. You see, this Alakazam was merely more than a test Pokemon. This test failed, but there will be more tests. You, too, should have been one of us, instead, you chose not to follow in Riley's footsteps."

"Hey! Don't you speak bad of Riley, now. He only joined Team Galactic to destroy the organization from the internal. I was against his wishes because I knew something like this would happen. If you think Riley is your only problem, you've got another thing coming, son!" Riley pointed his finger at Saturn, who merely turned on his heel.

Saturn folded his arms and whistled sharply as all of the goons appeared behind him, "Let's move out, Goons. Apparently, Riley is not in town. However, we shall find him." He continued to walk off and began to think, "Hm hm. Oh, they don't know what we plan to do. They may think we're looking for Riley to kill him, but no... we want him to join us. His strength would be a surplus to Team Galactic."

-----

Byron clenched his fists as Team Galactic disappeared, "Argh. Damn it, Riley. I told you not to join Team Galactic. I told you twice!" He slammed his fist into an iron pole holding up the bridge, causing it to dent in a little as a bruise appeared on his knuckle.

Diamond landed onto he bridge and returned Pilot to his Pokeball. He slowly approached Byron from behind and said, "Excuse me."

Byron turned around to face him, 'Yeah, kid?"

"I over heard you say, Riley. By any chance, do you know him?"

"Yeah," Byron rubbed his arms, "He's my best friend, and currently on Team Galactic's most wanted list, apparently."

Diamond jammed his fists into his pocket, "Well, he's my dad. And I think I have the right to know what's going on."

Byron blinked and said, "No way! Riley and Ayako had a child and he didn't tell me about you? C'mere kid!" He immediately grabbed Diamond and gave him the fiercest noogie possible, "Riley never told me he had a kid! He always knew of my son, Roark, but he didn't tell me he had a kid! I don't believe this!"

Diamond broke free of the noogie, as his beret fell off his head and onto the ground. He picked it up and placed it back onto his head as he said, "Yeah. I beat Roark a while back. Now, can you tell me more about my father?"

"Do you have any Pokemon on you right now?" Byron asked, still not wanting to tell Diamond about his father's past, not just yet.

"Yes," Diamond said sighing, "I have four Pokemon on me. Now can we please get to the discussion about my father!?"

Byron shook his head, "No, I think it's better if you ask him yourself."

"He's here!?"

"Yes, but not technically here, though. He's on Iron Island, training his Pokemon. There's going to be a big Pokemon War soon, he says. It's my job as the Gym Leader to round up the remaining Gym Leaders and hold a Conference about the war here in Canalave in the next few days. However, we've lost a few Leaders to the likings of Neo Team Rocket. But, I have no such knowledge of a Johto related matter. Now, speaking of Gym Leaders, how many badges do you have?"

"Five." Diamond replied quickly.

"Hm, I suppose you want your sixth, then right? Heh, then you better prepare for a match against me, ol' Byron!" He pointed his right thumb to his chest, indicating that he, indeed, was Byron, the Canalave Gym Leader.

"But, I really want to see my father."

"No can do, buddy. Not until you beat me. And trust me, I'm one of the toughest Gym veterans you will ever meet. In fact, I think I'm gonna have you and your Pokemon work before you even think about battling me. I want you to help move those," he indicated a few steel bricks in the distance, "bricks. I want you to relocated them from there to the Gym." He pointed to his factory, which was also the Gym, 'I've to mine those steel bars into tools: shovels and such. Now, get moving!"

-----

Respecting the orders of a Gym Leader, Diamond, Trident, Rose, Dexter, and Pilot each began moving the steel bars from the street to the Gym. Diamond picked up a few bars with his bare hands. Trident placed many bars on a frozen plate he created, lifted the plate, and transferred it to the Gym. Rose simply nudged a load of bars to the Gym. Dex, the weakest of them all, only transferred one bar to the Gym at a time. And Pilot carried a couple of bars on his back and flew them to the Gym.

All in all, the relocation of the steel bars took about two hours. Diamond and his Pokemon were tired, so Byron allowed them to rest for one day.

-----

The next day, in the afternoon, Diamond arrived at the Gym and noticed several steel mill workers everywhere, carving tools with wood. Diamond headed up the steps of the steaming hot room, immediately becoming fatigued at the number of stairs and the temperature. Once he reached the top he noticed Byron was carving something at his counter. It was small, but definitely not worthless.

Byron turned around and smiled at his creation. It was a circular small piece of steel with three bronze trapezoids placed in an upside down, triangular formation.

"Ah," Byron sighed as he held up his masterpiece, "No matter how many times I make this thing, it gets more and more satisfying each time." He walked over to Diamond and said, "This-- wait a minute, Why are you sweating?"

Diamond was breathing a little hard, "I had to climb those blasted steps to get up here."

Byron laughed heartily, "Ah, rookie! Don't you know we have elevators to get up and down these floors? Those steps would kill an old man like me, even with muscles!"

Groaning, Diamond said, "Okay... okay. Now I know. Now, can we battle?"

Byron grinned and said, "Sure! And to make this quick, for me, we'll make it a one on one battle. Trust me, I won't be easy."

-----

At the Canalave Gym battle field...

Diamond took out a Pokeball and tossed it forward, releasing Rose, his Skuntank. Being strategic, Diamond knew that Rose was still mastering on controlling her Flamethrower attack. Diamond really didn't have a Pokemon that could flat out defeat a Steel-type Pokemon, but a Fire-type attack would be a start.

Byron laughed heartily at the other side of the field, "Are you kidding me, son? You release a Skuntank in against me? I'm almost embarrassed for you!" He took out a Pokeball from under the ground beneath him, "I've been saving this guy here for a quality Trainer. And since you're Riley's son, you definitely qualify! Bastiodon, front and center!"

The ball burst open in his hand an immense Pokemon appeared in front of Rose. Bastiodon appeared to have a large shield as a head, looking similar to that of a castle wall. On its feet, were smaller, shield-like protrusion that sprouted upwards to protect its legs. On its back were small gray spikes that went from the back of the head to the front of the tail.

Bastiodon roared out loudly, causing the whole factory to shake for a moment. Diamond stared back at Byron who had his arms folded, basically assuring victory over the intelligent prodigy.

Rose stared up at Bastiodon, but was unmoved. Surely, this would be her toughest battle with Diamond, to date.

(Next: Chapter 45: VS. Bastiodon!)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 45: VS. Bastiodon
dpmfa411.png

"Rose, Sludge Bomb!" Diamond shouted.

Rose hacked and coughed as a toxic, liquidy, sludgy ball came out of her mouth. The bomb hurled upward towards Bastiodon, hitting the prehistoric Pokemon in the face, but by no means effecting it. Diamond then slapped his forehead, realizing that Steel-type Pokemon were not effected by Poison-type attacks. Rose had a repertoire full of Poison-type attacks and rarely knew attacks outside of that type.

Byron chuckled and said, "I'll make this real quick and painful, young Diamond. Bastiodon, Iron Head!"

Bastiodon roared out and stomped its front feet to the tough ground. Then, the Shield Pokemon charged in Rose's direction, its forehead glimmering and become more metallic than ever. Finally, the impact of Bastiodon's head to Rose's body sent the Skuntank flying into Diamond. Diamond, unready, stumbled backwards after being tackled by Rose. Slowly and steadily, Diamond helped Rose up.

"There has to be a way to beat this thing, Rose." Diamond looked down to his Skuntank whom had a determined look on her face, "I know you're just learning it, but we have to use your Flamethrower. It can't get any worse than what we're doing right now. But first, focus your energy."

Rose nodded and trotted back onto the battle field, closing her eyes tightly. Bastiodon came at her again once it received another command from its trainer, Byron. The Rock/Steel-type Pokemon slammed its head against Rose's body again, tossing her into the wall. Rose slowly slid down the wall, her body twitching and flinching.

Diamond gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, "How could Rose attack if she could not even get an attack off?"

Byron smiled and said, "I know what you are thinking! 'All is lost', right? No need to worry, Riley Jr. I have not lost many matches as of late. My most recent opponent's Magmar was overwhelmed. Do not be surprised when you lose, son. Now, Bastiodon! Another Iron Head and we are finished!"

Bastiodon roared out and charged at the collapsed Rose. Diamond's eyes closed tightly. He couldn't bare to watch.

-----

Somewhere in the Iron Island caves...

"Alright, are we all set? Fully healed? Rested?" Riley said, smiling at each of his Pokemon.

From left to right, there was Lucario, Infernape, Gastrodon of the west species. Tangrowth, and Probopass. Riley and his five Pokemon had just awoke from resting and were ready to continue their training in the cave.

"Now, I've just received word that Diamond is in town. And as you know, since a child he has wanted to battle me. You all were much younger then, except Lucario." He smiled, "Boy, my son is growing up. Now, we're going to train today, but not too hard. I'm sure Byron is going to send Diamond out here tomorrow, if and when he beats him. And for future reference, guys.... we will show no mercy to Diamond in battle. None. Understood?"

Each of his Pokemon nodded.

"Good... now let's go."

-----

Bastiodon neared Rose, but the Skuntank was able to jump up and move out of harms way. However, the Shield Pokemon kept going and created a huge crater in the wall.

Byron groaned and said, "Eh... I'll let the other guys fix that."

Diamond looked down at Rose, who was struggling to stay on her four legs. Quickly, he took out a Super Potion and sprayed it on her legs. Now, her health was partially healed, but Rose was still somewhat hurt.

"Flamethrower, let's go!"

Rose ran at Bastiodon from behind, her jaw completely open. A beam of flaming hot fire shot at Bastiodon's face. The prehistoric Pokemon took a few steps back, definitely not enjoying the intense heat. It continued to struggle to fight the burning beam and eventually Rose stopped to take a break. Bastiodon's top left portion of his face was partially burnt.

"Ack!" Byron shouted, noticing the burn, "Well, that's ok. Normally around this time, Bastiodon's ready to burst. Heh."

Diamond tilted his head, "Ugh...what?"

"Metal Burst!"

Bastiodon's eyes widened as it bellowed out. Its entire body was surrounded in an aura of golden energy. Then, Bastiodon sprinted towards Rose, the Skuntank was defenseless now. Bastiodon rammed its head into Rose, uplifting the female Pokemon into the ceiling's direction. Diamond looked up, in awe.

"I can't believe this... I really am about to lose." He watched Rose's descent. Unfortunately, Bastiodon stood right below her, ready to finish the job with another Iron Head.

"Listen," Rowan stepped close to him, "You are a fine young man and trainer. It is true that your Pokemon have been trained to their fullest ability. However, I somehow sensed a feeling of emptiness in your Pokemon. Now, it is unclear to me because I am not their trainer. However, I think you should learn and find out why your Pokemon have an empty feeling in their hearts, understood?"

"FRIENDSHIP. ALL LIVES TOUCH OTHER LIVES TO CREATE SOMETHING ANEW AND ALIVE."

"Rose!" Diamond shouted clenching his fists in the air, "Flamethrower!"

Rose awoke as she was falling to the ground. She immediately noticed Bastiodon waiting on her to reach it, but she was not about to let that happen, now that Diamond believed in her. Quickly, the Skuntank opened her mouth and fired a Flamethrower directly at the burn mark on Bastiodon's shield-like face. Because of the force of the Flamethrower, Rose was in midair, being held up by the beam. Bastiodon, unable to escape, roared out in pain and was now flat on its stomach, unable to dodge the scorching flames.

Byron chuckled and said, "Well, I'll be. Ol' Riley Jr. pulled an obvious trick out of the hat." He shook his head, watching Bastiodon suffer, but there was nothing he could do about it. Bastiodon couldn't escape.

Rose continued the Flamethrower assault until she couldn't any more. She slowly landed on her four feet, coughing and puffing out smoke from her mouth. Finally, she stared at the defeated Bastiodon who lay there, unconscious. The red beam from Byron's Pokeball retrieved his strongest Pokemon back to its Pokeball. Almost after that, Rose collapsed to the ground, not fainted, just tired from the extended use of Flamethrower. Diamond returned his Skuntank as he approached Byron, an amazed look on his face.

"Did... did Rose just do that? Maybe my Pokemon have inner strengths that even I don't know of." He looked up at Byron, who was smiling at him.

"Kid," Byron started, taking off Diamond's beret and messing his hair with his gloved hands, "ya done good. I'm definitely proud of you and I'm sure Riley is proud of you, too. Listen, I only have one request before I give you the Mine Badge. Take a rest for one day... spend time with your Pokemon, ya know? You look like the type of person who wants to get things done quickly and not stop and smell the roses. You only have one life, kid. Live it to the fullest."

Diamond nodded as he was given the Mine Badge. He held the badge up a bit into the air before placing it in his badge case, "Now, that's six badges...two more to go." Diamond turned to walk towards the exit, "...but first I have business to take care of business first."

Byron chuckled and said, "No, you won't go see your father until the day after tomorrow, you hear?"

Diamond turned around and nodded, once more respecting the Gym Leader.

Byron watched Diamond leave and nodded his head, smiling. He took out his PokeGear and called Roark.

Roark and Gardenia were currently in Jubilife City. Gardenia wanted to stay in the city for a while, against Roark's wishes. However, now that they were dating, he would do anything to make her happy. The two were sitting at an outdoor restaurant when Byron called Roark. The Rock-type Gym Leader answered his own PokeGear and said, "Hey Dad."

"Son, you'll never guess who I ran into and lost to!?"

"Who? Wait a minute... you lost?"

"Yeah, to Riley's kid!"

"The Riley? Mr. Riley? Pokemon Champion Riley who beat you several times?"

"Alright, don't rub it in, kiddo. Listen, his name is Diamond."

"Oh! I know him! I battled him waaaaay back when Oreburgh was being terrorized by a Carnivine. He was hell of good then, but he must be scary strong now, now that he's beaten you. How far do you think he can go?"

"At his rate, he could be as good as his father. Anyway, where are you? I called you weeks ago and you're still not here! What the hell is taking you so damn long, kid?"

"Well..." Roark looked to Gardenia. She smiled cutely at him and blew a kiss, "Gardenia and I are in Jubilife. We're staying in a hotel until Maylene and Volkner get to Canalave."

"I NEED YOU HERE NOW! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! ARGH! I SWEAR YOU KIDS IN YOUR 20s THINK LIFE IS ALL ABOUT PARTYING!"

Roark slowly turned down the volume to his PokeGear as Gardenia asked him, "Is that your father? Yelling?"

Roark shook his head, 'accidentally' hanging the PokeGear up, "Oh, no. He's just singing... a very loud song." He nodded uneasily, "I think we should leave for Canalave tomorrow, okay? Maylene and Volk- well, Maylene only- is on her way to Canalave. We have a Pokemon National Conference that's very important to father."

-----

The next day...

Diamond was walking around Canalave boredly with Trident, Rose, Dexter on his shoulder, and Pilot. Byron had told him to spend time with his Pokemon the entire day and decided to do so. He took his Pokemon to an old house near the southern portion of Canalave. The house was a small, two bedroom house with one bathroom, a small living room, and a very small kitchen. This, was his old house before Riley moved his family to Twinleaf Town. He had spent his Pokemon Champion prize money on the house they currently lived in. Diamond went inside the house with his Pokemon behind them.

"This is where it all started guys. We lived here until I was about 4 or 5. Then, we moved to Twinleaf." He heard a small bump heard in the kitchen and Trident went to investigate. The source of the sound could not be found, so the Empoleon kept looking. Then, Trident heard the bump coming from the cabinet below the sink. He opened it up and out came Sam!

Trident called out to everyone as they each went into the kitchen, forming around the Kirlia who was hiding in the cabinet below the sink. Diamond stepped up a bit as Trident, Rose, Dex, and Pilot each looked at him, encouraging him to say something. Anything positive, of course.

Diamond cleared his throat as Sam looked up at Diamond, holding onto the chain portion of his necklace, rather than the blue stone that was charming it.

"Sam. Samurai," Diamond started, "Sam... I'm so sorry for what I did to you, emotionally and mentally. It was completely my fault for yelling at you and calling you what I called you. I do not want to repeat it again. Ever. To any of you." He looked to each of his Pokemon and then back at Sam, "We're a team. Family. All of us. We want you to come back, Sam. We need you. I need you." Diamond smiled weakly as he knelt down and extended his hand to the Kirlia, as he did before in Jubilife City.

Each of his Pokemon, Trident, Pilot, Rose, and Dex, waited for Sam's response. Kirlia stared deeply into Diamond's eyes, as if he was looking for a sign of sincerity. Once he found it, he slowly lifted his hand and embraced Diamond's palm. Diamond burst into tears as he hugged the Kirlia tightly. His other Pokemon got in on the emotion as they each shared a group hug. Diamond sniffed, happily, as tears streamed down his cheeks. He removed his beret as they withdrew from the hug, "Thank you, guys. I just want each of you to know... I trust and love each and everyone of you. We have a big road ahead of us, but if we hike it together, nothing can stop us. Nothing."

Diamond went down the row, reminiscing the highlights of each Pokemon's experience with him. He remembered when Trident, as a Piplup, defeated Roark's Rampardos. He remembered Rose defeating the Dusk Twins with her Explosion attack. He remembered Dex, constantly shocking his opponents. He remembered acquiring Pilot in the Great Marsh. And he would forever remember the moment that Sam, his first Pokemon in this world, accepted his apology.

(Next: Chapter 46: VS. Lucario II!)

Author's Note: Definitely an emotional chapter for me. I could almost feel how each of the characters felt. I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did writing it.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Already done, but thanks. Sam will be in the second slot, anyway. xD. Thanks for taking the time though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Har har...this is for chapter 45.

Rose hacked and coughed as a toxic, liquidy, sludgy ball came out of her mouth.
Sometimes, during action scenes, you might want to use words that sound more powerful. "Came" is such a weak word to use in battles. Since the attack is like a bomb, "shot" would sound better, and brings to mind the image of a cannonball.

And "liquidy" isn't a word. Dunno what you want to do about that. :<

The bomb hurled upward towards Bastiodon, hitting the prehistoric Pokemon in the face, but by no means effecting it.
Wrong homophone here. DP479 explained this in the Grammar Guide, and that would be better than me explaining it here.

Rose had a repertoire full of Poison-type attacks and rarely knew attacks outside of that type.
That seems like an odd word to use here. I would just use "didn't" because it sounds really awkward with "rarely". And I don't think it means what you think it means, since "rare" means a lack of occurrence in simple terms.

Then, the Shield Pokemon charged in Rose's direction, its forehead glimmering and become more metallic than ever.
"Than ever" implies that Bastiodon's forehead has never ever been this shiny. Unless this is a really good Iron Head attack that's different in some way, I would just use "than before".

Diamond looked down to his Skuntank whom had a determined look on her face,
Comma should be a full stop. (And whoo! You know how to use "whom"! ^^)

Bastiodon came at her again once it received another command from its trainer, Byron. The Rock/Steel-type Pokemon slammed its head against Rose's body again, tossing her into the wall.
Watch for repetition of words.

Diamond gritted his teeth and clenched his fist,
Comma should be a full stop.

"How could Rose attack if she could not even get an attack off?"
Okay, Diamond's thoughts are in the present. "Could" is a word of the past. Since Diamond is thinking this in the present, those "could"s should be "can"s.

Now, this is just a slight irk for me, but it seems weird that Diamond, a ten-year-old, won't use contractions in his thoughts/speech. Unless this is part of his character, it makes him sound more like a real person if his speech is more real for who he is. It's just something to think about when writing characters. Think of how they would speak.

From left to right, there was Lucario, Infernape, Gastrodon of the west species.
Full stop needs to be a comma.

And as you know, since a child he has wanted to battle me.
"since as a child"

He smiled,
Comma needs to be a full stop. (While checking over the homophones, maybe look at the dialogue section of the grammar thread?)

Bastiodon neared Rose, but the Skuntank was able to jump up and move out of harms way.
"harm's", since the way is own by it.

Rose ran at Bastiodon from behind, her jaw completely open. A beam of flaming hot fire shot at Bastiodon's face.
Eh, when you say "from behind", I would imagine that Bastiodon isn't facing Rose. But if she's able to burn his face, then that would mean that Basty either turned, or Rose didn't come from behind. It's just kinda confusing.

Bastiodon's top left portion of his face was partially burnt.
How come Basty got a gender here, but didn't before or after?

Byron shouted, noticing the burn,
Comma after "burn" should be a full stop.

Diamond tilted his head,
Same here.

Then, Bastiodon sprinted towards Rose, the Skuntank was defenseless now.
The second part of this sentence seems like it could be on its own with the "was" in it. If the "was" is taken out, then it would be fine.

Diamond shouted clenching his fists in the air,
Need a comma after "shouted". And comma after "air" should be a full stop.

He held the badge up a bit into the air before placing it in his badge case,
Comma needs to be a full stop.

Diamond turned to walk towards the exit,
Same here.

"No, you won't go see your father until the day after tomorrow, you hear?"
Think you mean "now".

She smiled cutely at him and blew a kiss,
Comma needs to be a full stop.

I SWEAR YOU KIDS IN YOUR 20s THINK LIFE IS ALL ABOUT PARTYING!"
Write out numbers: "twenties"

Roark shook his head, 'accidentally' hanging the PokeGear up,
Comma after "up" should be a full stop.

We have a Pokemon National Conference that's very important to father.
When in place of or part of a name, the title is capitalized. So here, where you can switch "father" with "Byron", "father" would be capitalized.

This, was his old house before Riley moved his family to Twinleaf Town.
You don't need a comma after "this".

"This is where it all started guys.
Need a comma after "started" for the direct address.

We lived here until I was about 4 or 5.
Write out numbers here too.

He looked to each of his Pokemon and then back at Sam,

He removed his beret as they withdrew from the hug,

And that's it.

I must say that there is an improvement between this chapter and your first one that I reviewed months ago. You grew as a writer, TurtleKing. Just...trust me on that. Really, just concentrate on learning a bit more about grammar, especially punctuating dialogue, and you're fine.

Back