• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

October Monthly Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ho ho ho kiddies, that's right, it's back!

Since this is the first one in oh I don't know, forever, I'm going to pick a quite cliche and easy theme, Halloween

Easy huh?

Here's the catch(es)
    No recolours You can't submit a basic recolour, if you do, it'll simply be disqualified. If your entry is disqualified under this pretense, you can resubmit a new, legitimate entry.

No sprite theft Pretty obvious, use your own work, if you use someone elses work and it comes to light, you will be disqualified, no questions asked and no chance to resubmit.

Your entry can be an edit, scratch, mix, heavy edit, large pixel art, animation (although it has to use sprites) or an old piece that is relevant (obviously not your entry from the 2006 Halloween contest)

Normally there's two threads, one for discussion, and one for submitting entries, however I feel discussion about the contest should just be held in the Pixel Art showcase/discussion thread that we already have.

Anyone who comes below 4th won't have their "rating" publicly displayed, but if they want, they can PM me and I'll tell them privately.

Deadline is 29th October 2008

I am judging.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • I have no name for my splice :/
    too many pokemon mixes to make a name
    October Monthly Contest

Ninetails/Luxray/Jolteon/Tauros/Umbreon mix

i could've done better :/ might be that i change to another sprite i like..

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Well I dont know If we are only limited to pokemon but I made a ghostly lucas
    October Monthly Contest

Yay!

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Spoiler:

Here's my entry. Not my best work, but I think it's scary at the very least. XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Mobile Tsk and HappyFace, you're entries are both accepted.

Froslass, yours will be if you can tell me how it's relevant to the theme.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    All are accepted. Froslass I'll let yours in on the technicality that a Demonic thing does tie in with Halloween.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That fits in more with the theme. Accepted. Remember guys, this is the entry thread, discussion should be kept to the Spriter's Showcase/Discussion thread.

Years
  • October Monthly Contest

"Get a move on, Hutch!"
    "MY NAME'S NOT HUTCH!"

Glad to see another monthly contest in motion. I decided to put a fun twist into the Halloween theme by using two of my favourite characters, Cassidy and Butch. :D

Time taken: 4 hours.
    Sketched and coloured on MS Paint.

If you don't get the joke behind this piece, you should watch this.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Shiharu, that looks brilliant, but you need to work on your textures a bit. Her hair, for one, doesn't look right.
    Other than that definately fantastic.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    What is it with the line "however I feel discussion about the contest should just be held in the Pixel Art showcase/discussion thread" That some of you aren't getting?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back