• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 58: VS. Dusknoir! Pt. 1
dpffa477.png

"Dawn!" Diamond shouted, slamming both of his fists on the elevator door, "Damn it." He stepped away from the door, leaning back against the wall as his eyes stared at the level indicator.

Apparently, the elevator was going up quite high to the twenty-fifth level. The building had a total of thirty floors including a roof with a retractable dome over head.

As Diamond was seemingly lost in thought, the elevator stopped on the twenty-fifth floor and the doors slowly slid open. For some off reason, this floor was dimly lit, almost having no light. The entire floor was abandoned.

Diamond walked out into the large hallway and looked left and then right. The hallway to the left had no light, but the hallway provided a little bit of light, so Diamond decided to head down that path. Peeking around the corner, Diamond noticed that this hall nothing more than a dead end leading to an employee bathroom. So, his only other alternative was to go down the dark hallway.

"Hmph, I've been in a battle with Spiritomb before, surely nothing can frighten me."

Slowly, Diamond crept down the darkened hall. Though he was not scared, Diamond stayed close to the wall in case any Galactic Goon would appear.

-----

Dawn sighed heavily as she was handcuffed by a pair of Galactic Goons. Her head hung low as she thought to herself, "How could Team Galactic possibly get a hold of handcuffs? It's not like they're a police organization. I don't understand..."

As soon as her thought ended, the Goons tossed her into a storage room and slammed the door shut. A little light bulb above head provided a light source, but not that much. Dawn leaned back against a shelf when she felt the presence of others in the room. She looked to her left and saw a pair of small figures lying on the ground.

"Uhh... eh.. excuse me? Are you two... alive?" Dawn asked, somewhat curious, worried, and spooked.

The male figure sat up, for he too was handcuffed. The female figure sat up as well, shaking her head which caused her pony tail to slap the boy in the face.

"Mira! You just slapped me in the face!" The boy yelled in a whiny tone.

"Sorry Jacob, I always do that when I wake up." Mira chuckled.

Dawn smiled a bit and said, "Mira? Jacob? What are you two doing here? How did you even get into the building?"

"Long story." Jacob muttered, "If I could only reach for Luxray's Pokeball we could get outta here."

Dawn nodded, "I've got time. It's not like we have a way of getting out of here at the moment, so..."

Mira nodded as well, "Well, Jacob and I saw Team Galactic Goons, like, all around Veilstone City and we know that you, Diamond, and Pearl are trying to stop them. But neither of you were around so we decided to infiltrate their headquarters..."

"So," Dawn sat up, "what happened?"

"Well, when we entered the building, we got up to the twenty-fifth floor," Jacob joined in, "and there was this creepy old guy wearing some crazy Galactic suit. Mira and I tried to double team him with Luxray and Kadabra but, he creamed up with his Duh...duh... I forget the name of it. It sounded french or something."

Mira nodded and said in a fluent accent, "Dusknoir. The evolved form of Dusclops."

Dawn sighed and lifted her head to the ceiling, "I just hope Diamond avoids that level then."

"You mean, he's here?" Jacob said excitedly.

"Yes, I pushed him into the elevator just as Team Galactic capture me."

Jacob beamed, "Then we'll get out of here! Diamond is the most intelligent guy I know. How he analyzes tough situations is remarkable! We're definitely getting out of here. No doubt about it!"

"I hope you're right." Dawn and Mira whispered in unison.

-----

"It seems like I've been walking forever." Diamond whispered as he reached an opening, circular hallway path. He stood in the middle of it and looked around, "Where's anything?" As he walked down the nearest hallway, feeling his way there, Diamond noticed a light source approaching him, "Hello?"

"Duhhhhsk Noooiiir..."

Diamond noticed a large, golden glowing face approaching him down the tight hall. Two large, gripping hands reached out at him, with Will-o-Wisping fire balls in both palms. It was then Diamond noticed the true face of the Pokemon when he looked into the Pokemon's crimson eye.

A voice came from beyond the Gripping Pokemon, "We have a new visitor, Dusknoir... Cyrus always said destroy new, unwanted visitors. Can't let the boss down, Dusknoir..."

Diamond took a step back into the circular hallway, but Dusknoir and the strange man followed suit. Reaching into his pocket, Diamond pulled felt for Rose's Pokeball, but accidentally released Pilot. The Yanma spread out its wings and fluttered overhead.

The man's appearance finally could be seen. He wore a run down, raggedy Galactic suit and pants. His boots were completely not shined and both big toes could be seen poking out of the boots. His hair consisted of red and brown streaks, was wild and long, going down his back and stopping at his buttocks. He was a hefty man, but looked like he could run a mile in a considerable amount of time. The odd man had the body of an offensive lineman in football.

His face was pale, almost as white as light. His entire body was completely... spherical, like a satellite.

Diamond blinked, "Who are you? Wh-what are you?"

"Oh, I once was a Commander until they say I went ballistic... but, I'm not ballistic am I? Am I? No.. no. No. I'm not crazy. I hate crazy and all of its synonyms. Two kids called me crazy and lucky for them, Saturn came and got them before I killed them. He says, 'Killing kids is bad for our future image, Asteroid', but I says to him, 'If people are capable of being murdered, they ought to be murdered."

Diamond remained audible.

"But Saturn is down in basement now, levels and levels away from us. I'm in killing mood now." Aster grinned, showing off his unflossed, unbrushed teeth, "There's no outrunning an Asteroid."

Diamond wet his lips as he looked up at Pilot, "This man is trying to kill me. Is he crazy?"

Aster inhaled deeply, "CRAZY!?"

"Oh man... Pilot let's fly!"

Pilot quickly grabbed hold of Diamond's upper body and flew in the opposing direction. He was headed for the stairwell. However, Aster and Dusknoir were hot on their tail. Dusknoir fired a series of Will-o-Wisp's at Diamond and Pilot, but managed to only hit a few parts of the ceiling and the uppermost portion of the wall, melting a few pieces of it.

Diamond looked back as Pilot flew and noticed how close Dusknoir was to them. He looked up at Pilot, "To the roof, we need to get out in the open air where it favors us, alright?"

Pilot silently agreed with Diamond once the reached the stairwell. From this point on, it was a straight shot to the roof. Diamond did not look back as Aster and Dusknoir remained closely behind them as they were lured to the roof.

-----

Upon reaching the roof, Diamond was quick to noticed that the retractable roof was not up. Therefore, they could see the entire city surrounding them. Lights were flashing on and off, indicating the night life was at its peak. People were completely oblivious to what Team Galactic was doing at the moment, so Diamond felt that it was up to him and his comrades to take down the evil organization. Alas, Pearl was in the hospital, Dawn was in locked up in a storage room, and Gold, Silver, and Crys were on duty in Sunyshore City. It was up to Diamond. In the past, Diamond would have had no problem in this situation: taking down a foe by himself with no thought of anyone else but himself. But now, he needed his friends more than ever.

Pilot landed Diamond on the ground as the boy turned to face the stairwell where Aster and Dusknoir would eventually appear out of. Pilot flew right in front of Diamond, ready to attack.

"Stand guard, Pilot. Attack as soon as they ascend." Diamond said fiercely.

But, Aster and Dusknoir never appeared. Diamond looked around, confused about what was going on.

"What the hell? They were just following us a few minutes ago and now they're gone?"

"Shadow Punch!"

Diamond turned on his heel as he heard the attack call come from behind him. Just then, Dusknoir's large body came from out of no where and punched Pilot clean across the face and sent the Yanma hurling down off the side of the roof without consciousness. Diamond ran to the side of the building as he watched his Yanma fall from the roof of Team Galactic's Head Quarters.

"Pilot, NO! PILOT!" Diamond reached out for his Pokemon, but he knew it was of no use.

Dusknoir then came after Diamond, but before it could attack, Diamond dove down head first as he jumped off the building himself. He was that driven to save Pilot at any cost. As he descended, Diamond stretched out his arms to grasp Pilot.

"Pilot! You've saved me many times! I'm coming to save you!"

Once Diamond's hands touched Pilot as the two fell from the roof, Pilot's body immediately started to glow in a bright white light...

(Next: Chapter 59: VS. Dusknoir! Pt. 2)

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
wow this was out of the blue well another great episode man and I'm gessing yanma's going evolve cool keep it up

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 59: VS. Dusknoir! Pt. 2
dpffa477.png

"Shadow Punch!"

Diamond turned on his heel as he heard the attack call come from behind him. Just then, Dusknoir's large body came from out of no where and punched Pilot clean across the face and sent the Yanma hurling down off the side of the roof without consciousness. Diamond ran to the side of the building as he watched his Yanma fall from the roof of Team Galactic's Head Quarters.

"Pilot, NO! PILOT!" Diamond reached out for his Pokemon, but he knew it was of no use.

Dusknoir then came after Diamond, but before it could attack, Diamond dove down head first as he jumped off the building himself. He was that driven to save Pilot at any cost. As he descended, Diamond stretched out his arms to grasp Pilot.

"Pilot! You've saved me many times! I'm coming to save you!"

Once Diamond's hands touched Pilot as the two fell from the roof, Pilot's body immediately started to glow in a bright white light...

------

As Diamond held on to Pilot as the two fell, Pilot's body grew much more large. Black triangular plates sprouted on top of Pilot's head, along his back, and on his tail. As the bright light of evolution dimmed down, Pilot's majority color appeared to be dark-green. Each segmental part of Pilot's body had red spots on the side while the last segment had a black thorn on it. Pilot now had white wings with the tips completely red. His eyes now were crimson red with a 'Y' shape in each one. Pilot truly looked similar to an aircraft.

"Yanmega!" Pilot cried out his species name as he awoke from his unconsciousness. Sensing Diamond holding onto him, Pilot whipped up his trainer into the air. Diamond flung up a bit before landing on Pilot's back.

Diamond grinned as he held on to the central plate on Pilot's back, "Sweet, Pilot. You evolved right on time. We almost got killed!"

The Yanmega buzzed lowly as it swooped up towards the roof again at a velocity much faster than when it was a Yanma. Once they hovered over the roof, Diamond glared down at Aster and Dusknoir. Pilot had an intimidating glare on as well, not really appreciating the cheap sucker punch that was laid upon him that sent him hurling off the side of the building.

"I thought I got rid of you, now I..." Aster started, but was interrupted.

"I'm not one for talking. I let my battling speak for itself." Diamond hopped off Pilot's back and landed gracefully on the ground, "Pilot's a little upset about that cheap shot." He pointed up to the Yanmega, "Air Slash!'

Pilot began to flap his wings violently and repeatedly, sending out a wave of piercing winds. The winds ripped towards Dusknoir, hitting the Ghost-type Pokemon from every possible angle. Once Dusknoir lost its balance, Pilot immediately zoomed forward.

"Faint Attack!"

Just as Pilot neared Dusknoir from the front, it disappeared and then reappeared behind Dusknoir, tackling it from behind.

However, Aster would not go down without a fight, "Will-o-Wisp!"

Dusknoir used the momentum of the attack from behind and flipped forward. Once it refaced Pilot, Dusknoir lifted its hands and fired a series of cyan-blue flaming balls at Pilot.

"It's obvious you don't seem to understand how much faster Pilot has gotten!" Diamond chuckled, a hint of arrogance in his voice.

Pilot indeed lived up to Diamond's 'advice' and dodged the flinging fire balls. As soon as the attacks ended, Pilot took the liberty of reapproaching Aster and Dusknoir again. Slightly afraid of losing, Aster backed towards the edge of the roof.

"Air Slash again, Pilot!"

Pilot flapped his wings fiercely again, lifting himself up high into the moonlit sky. Once he reached his peak, Pilot began to violently flap his wings again, sending out piercing gale force winds that caused Dusknoir to bump into Aster. The odd man was knocked over the side of the building and immediately saved himself by holding on the railing of the roof. Dusknoir, meanwhile, had toppled over the side of the roof and fell to its imminent doom. Diamond immediately ran over to the side of the roof and held out his hand.

"Come on, give me your hand! I'll help you up!"

Aster stared up at Diamond, slightly confused to why he would try to save him, "Even after I tried... tried to murder to, you still have the thought of saving me?"

Diamond, his hand extended, nodded quietly, "Yes, now give me your hand!"

Aster pondered for a moment before shaking his head, "No, this is how I want it to end for me. I've done my duty as a Team Galaxy Commander and my time is up!" He released his hand from the railing and began to allow gravity to do its job.

Diamond stood up straight and turned away from suicidal accomplishment. He stared up at Pilot who was now giving off an encouraging expression. Diamond had the idea to save Aster by commanding Pilot to go save him, but he felt that if the man wished to die, than he should die.

-----

Diamond reentered the inside of Team Galactic Headquarters and found himself on another seemingly empty level. As he cautiously walked down the hall, he heard low whispered coming from a room and found them to be familiar voices. Quietly, he opened up the door and saw Dawn, Jacob, and Mira handcuffed and sitting on the floor.

"The odd bunch, eh?" Diamond teased.

Dawn beamed happily, "Diamond! You found us!"

"Shh!" Diamond, Mira, and Jacob hushed the girl.

"Sorry," Dawn blushed.

"So, you three are handcuffed. Shouldn't be that hard to get out of them." Diamond said, closing the door behind them quietly.

Jacob chortled, "Easy for you to say, Dia. We've been in here for like two or three hours and we've been unlucky in finding a way to unlock these things."

Mira nodded, "Yeah, we tried breaking them, banging them, and using the storage key Dawn found to try and saw them off. No luck."

"Well, let me see then." Diamond said, turning Jacob around and observing them for about two minutes, "Hmm, these handcuffs are made of tin. Tin's melting point in Fahrenheit is four hundred and fifty degrees. Basically, get a Fire-type Pokemon and these babies will melt off in no time."

Diamond stood up folding his arms, "Rose only knows Flamethrower and I don't think we need to scorch you guys' hands."

Dawn looked up at Diamond, "Pyra's can create a small torch and could melt off these cuffs."

"Sweet, where's her Pokeball?" Diamond said quickly.

Dawn blushed a bit and looked down, "Um, it's um..."

Jacob leaned up, waiting for her answer.

Mira sat up as well, dying to get out of the handcuffs irritating her wrists.

Diamond lifted his eyebrows, "Well, where is it?"

"Okay, okay. Don't rush me. It's on a strap wrapped around my upper right thigh." Dawn turned completely red.

Jacob and Mira teased, "Ooooh."

Diamond cleared his throat, "Erm, well then..."

"Just hurry up and do it, please. I want to get out of here now." Dawn said quickly turning her head away from Diamond, hiding her face.

Diamond knelt down beside Dawn as he ran his hand underneath her skirt until he felt the strap that had Pyra's Pokeball velcroed to it. Diamond quickly snapped it off the removed his hand from underneath her skirt.

"Got it." Diamond said to ease this uncomfortable, yet comfortable, situation.

-----

As Pyra finally melted off Jacob's handcuffs with a torch she created, Diamond opened the door peeking down the hall. Once he saw that it was clear, Diamond closed it and looked at Jacob and Mira, "Alright you two. You guys need to hightail it out of here. Dawn and I can handle Team Galactic. This battle is too big for you two. If you really want to help us, go to Sandgem Town and see Professor Rowan. He'll have something for you to do."

Mira and Jacob frowned, "Okay." Both of their heads dropped to the ground.

Dawn nodded, "Don't worry. I was just like you two at your age. But when I became one of the Professor apprentices, it was and is an amazing experience!"

Mira and Jacob nodded hopefully as they walked over to the elevator at then end of the hall, got into it, and disappeared from Diamond and Dawn's sight.

Diamond and Dawn stared at the elevator for a moment until they heard a familiar voice coming from behind them.

"Hmm, two-thirds of the Rowan Trio."

The two turned around and saw a plasma television screen that was fit into the wall. There was Cyrus on the screen in the room where the Lake Trio were.

"It appears you two are out of time. We are mere hours away from fulfilling our destiny and there's nothing that you could possibly do to antagonize us."

"Antagonize???" Diamond said, riled up, "How dare you call us that. You and your organization have been antagonizing our region long enough!"

"Need I remind of what Jupiter did to young Pearl, boy? You shall share the same fate."

The screen turned blank as Diamond exhaled out of nose, "Let's go, Dawn."

The two ran down the steps with Dawn leading the way to the basement of the headquarters.

(Next: Chapter 60: VS. Vespiquen and Absol!)

Author's Note: Up next is the showdown between Diamond and Dawn VS. Cyrus! Who will win?

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Hahaha. I knew the thigh strap would bring something sooner or later.
I see a few spelling mistakes but other than that, great job!

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I have been reading the entire thing since last night and let me tell you, this is awesome. MAKE MORE CHAPTERS!

There was the odd out-of-characterness here and there (particularly with Cyrus) but this was a great ride overall and I eagerly await the next chapter. ^^

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
Woot! I'm just starting the begining of Volume three.

Comments: Poor Sam...I feel sooooo sorry for him.:( I wonder what happens...Don't tell me this is just what I hope happens:

Pearl or Dawn take Sam in as their wn pokemon. Show Diamond in a battle and then Diamond realizes his faults and takes Sam back in if Sam is willingly enough too...

Anyway it is awesome! Can't wait to read the rest!:):D

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Sorry for the lack of chapters people. I've been busy with school work and my outside of computer life. I've also not been in a writing mood so..

But, I will be back shortly, most likely when the school work declines.

~TK

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Oh, wow.

Oh my god!! This is so cool! You have to make more chapters! I will be looking forward to it.
see yah!!

Check out the Chosen From Fate.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 60: VS. Vespiquen and Absol! Part 1
dpffa416.png
dpmfa359.png

"Wait up Diamond! Slow down!" Dawn shouted as she tried her best to keep pace with Diamond. Both of them were running down a seemingly endless hall. They were in search of whatever room Cyrus was in, but they could not exactly locate where that was.

Diamond's head shifted left to right as he ran past a series of open doorways. He just could not let Cyrus insult them, especially Pearl, and get away with that. It was disrespectful on Cyrus's part.

"I can't slow down, Dawn. Not after what Cyrus said. We can't slow down, let alone stop! If we stop now, the region, the world is in danger!" Diamond quickly stated not looking back to face Dawn. The trainer pressed on faster now as he turned the corner of a hallway, seeing a glowing light coming from a room up ahead.

As soon as Diamond completed the heroic statement, the egg buried within his backpack wiggled violently before returning to its stable state. It was apparent that it could possible hatch soon.

Diamond's eyes widen as he charged towards the glowing room. Dawn finally managed to catch up behind Diamond as the two broke the plane of the doorway.

-----

Meanwhile, deep within the mountainous terrain of Mt. Coronet...

Pluto led her group of Neo Team Rocket members through the snowing area, her blind eyes staring at the sky, "It's only a matter of time before Mark and Marcia return with our own Red Chain." She looked back to Uranus, "Status report? How near are we to Spear Pillar, Uranus?"

Uranus stared at her PokeNAV before looking back up into Pluto's pale eyes, "Just under one hundred miles to the Spear Pillar ma'am. Also, Mark and Marcia are currently departing from Team Galactic's Headquarters in Veilstone City with our Red Chain. I was able to place a tracking device in Mark's Honchkrow so that we could know where they were in the case they tried to betray us as they did Team Galactic."

"Excellent thinking ahead, Uranus." Pluto nodded, placing the hood over her head as the snow fall grew heavier.

High in the snow covered skies, Roark was on top of his flying Aerodactyl, staring down at the orange army that was Neo Team Rocket. Quickly, the Rock-type Gym Leader called his father from his PokeGear, "Dad, Neo Team Rocket is currently on pace for Spear Pillar. However, it appears they are about to settle for the evening. Directions?"

Byron was currently heading towards Sunyshore City on Route 222, "Head back to your post, son. As of this moment, Neo Team Rocket is not a major threat after Diamond and Dawn were able to infiltrate their fort. Right now, I'm heading to Sunyshore City to talk to Volkner."

"Dad, it's no use talking to Volkner. Ever since Candice's disappearance, he's been different. He doesn't even accept Gym Challenges anymore. The Pokemon League is considering canceling the league, or even replacing him with a Gym Trainer."

"I have something that'll convince Volkner to fight. Once he hears of his brother's, Pearl's, condition, I'm hoping he will turn over a new leaf. As far as locating Candice? Damn near impossible."

-----

Diamond and Dawn paused once they were inside the room. It was completely empty of people, but the plasmatic pedestals containing Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf were there. The Lake Trio were currently in an unconscious state, their bodies floating up and down in the containers.

"Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit!" Diamond gasped, "They're absorbing their energy!"

Dawn ran over to the Red Chain socket, "...and transferring the energy to this Red Chain. They've taken the jewels off their bodies and connected them into this chain!"

Diamond looked over to Dawn, "Try to yank it out!"

Dawn locked her fingers around the Red Chain and strained and pulled on it, but it was no use, "I can't!"

Diamond went over and tried his luck. He planted his feet as he and Dawn pulled and pulled but the chain did not even budge.

"I've now made the chain unmoveable. Unmoveable by everyone but myself, Cyrus." Out of the shadows came Cyrus, his face paler than ever, his cheek bones slightly shifted outward as he swallowed the saliva in his mouth, "Not even my own brother can possess the Red Chain."

Diamond and Dawn moved away from the chain socket, stood side by side, and faced Cyrus, both reaching for a Pokeball and preparing for battle.

"Ah I see. You two do not wish to respond." He huffed and coughed a bit as his emotionless eyes stared coldly into Diamond's eyes mainly. Diamond was unmoved as his navy eyes stared back up into the Galactic leader's.

"Am I supposed to be scared of you?" Diamond snarled, "I'm sorry to disappoint you then." He yanked a Pokeball out of his pocket and enlarged it, "Let's go Sam!" He curved the ball forward as it opened up in white light, releasing the Gallade.

Sam slashed his elbow sword in the air before posing, ready to attack at any moment.

Dawn silently 'backed up' Diamond by releasing her Chatot, Tater. In fact, Dawn had not realized she released her most disliked Pokemon until she heard it squawk.

"TOT! Tater you doedoe head! Tater! TOT! Tatertot!"

Diamond ignored the fact that Dawn had released her Chatot and immediately demanded an attack from Sam, "Sam, Psycho Cut Cyrus now!'

Sam darted forward quickly, his elbows swords glowing in a bright pink light. Just as the Gallade reached Cyrus body, the Team Galactic Leader held up two Pokeballs as a Vespiquen and Absol appeared right in front of the in coming Gallade. Sam flipped back, retreating his attack, and stood beside Tater who was flying aimlessly.

Cyrus quickly looked back to the absorption machine, noticing the percentage was increasing constantly. He refocused his attention back on the two trainers and said, "Only a matter of time before my Red Chain is fully charged. All I have to do is stop and stall long enough for it too charge and a defeat will mean nothing to me, in fact..." He reached into his back pocket and tossed a Master Ball onto the floor. The ball rolled steadily towards Diamond before clunking off his feet, "I don't even need that anymore. The power of the Red Chain is far superior than any man-made Pokemon capturing invention. I will be all powerful and there's nothing that you or anyone else can do to stop me!"

Dawn looked towards Diamond, whom was deadlocked on Cyrus, "Dia, do you think that you can handle Vespiquen and Absol for a little bit? I've got something that Tater can do if Sam is successful in holding them off for long enough. What do you say?"

Diamond simply nodded, "Definitely... I can handle this guy, no sweat. Sam, Close Combat into Psycho Cut!"

Sam plunged forward, his elbow swords glowing yet again. Absol sprang towards the Gallade, opening its jaw wide and ready to Crunch onto a part of Sam's body. Vespiquen buzzed towards Sam as well before realizing that Tater was wide open for an attack. However, Tater just flew there, dancing and flying in a weird way as his colorful feathers plucked off one by one...

(Next: Chapter 61: VS. Vespiquen and Absol! Part 2)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Nice chapter! Short, granted, but nice.

I don't think Cyrus would be using an exclamation point just yet. I guess that's just my image of him, but this guy has been mostly emotionless for years. Don't think he'd do that for a bunch of swattable brats.

Other than that, this is a good chapter!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I've barely read any of this Fic, but... by reading other people's comments, I can tell it is very good. I don't see how you could have possibly written all of these "Chapters", my Fanfic is on a downward spiral... what is it that has kept you you writing? I lose interest much too quickly, what is your secret? =O

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I've barely read any of this Fic, but... by reading other people's comments, I can tell it is very good. I don't see how you could have possibly written all of these "Chapters", my Fanfic is on a downward spiral... what is it that has kept you you writing? I lose interest much too quickly, what is your secret? =O

I'll answer it for you: If you really want to write your fic, it will write itself for you. :3

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Well to continue my fic, I study the Manga as far as story and development goes, the Game as far as the story, consistency, and transition goes, and the Anime as far as battling goes. I combine those three elements into what you see here :). Allow other authors to inspire you. I was inspired by an author named Bluntasaur and after that, the rest was history.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 61: VS. Vespiquen and Absol! Part 2
dpffa416.png
dpmfa359.png

The machine that Team Galactic concocted continued to absorbed the energy and literally the life out of the Lake Trio. However there was nothing Diamond or Dawn could do to stop them. The Red Chain was unrecoverable at this point. The only thing they could possibly accomplish was to defeat Cyrus and attempt to find some way in destroying the absorber. While Dawn stayed in the background, seemingly preparing her Chatot for a boost in energy, Diamond and Sam held their own again Vespiquen and Absol. But, how long could Diamond last against Team Galactic.

Diamond reached into his pocket to retrieve another Poke Ball just as Sam lunged forward, slashing a Psycho Cut in Vespiquen's abdomen. The Beehive Pokemon descended to the ground and ricocheted off the tiled floor. Absol attacked the Gallade from behind by biting on to one of its elbow-swords.

Seeing that his Pokemon were able to handle things on their own, Cyrus went over to the mission and observed that eighty percent of Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie's energy had been drained. A maniacal look on his face appeared, his pale skin crawling with excitement now, an emotion unlike Cyrus, "Yes... yes... My plan is almost complete." He turned his head to look at the occuring battle. Vespiquen and Absol were not about to let Diamond and Sam through them and get to Cyrus by any means necessary.

Just as Diamond pulled a Pokeball out, Dawn stopped him, "No Diamond! Don't call out any other Pokemon. Tater can handle this. Just give him more time, please!"

Diamond exhaled deeply, not really wanting to trust Dawn in this situation. But she was not just a partner caught in this dangerous situation, but a friend. He nodded in agreement and refaced the battle, "Dawn we have to..."

"...destroy the machine. I know. But, we have to find a way to help the Lake Trio escape. I don't want to risk hurting Legendary Pokemon!" Dawn shouted over the growing volume of the machine.

"Exactly! Their Legendary Pokemon. A mere attack from a Chatot wouldn't hurt them, right?"

"Look out Diamond!" Dawn shouted.

The gem on Vespiquen's head proceeded to glow in a bright, powder red color. The gem then fired off a fierce, crimson beam in Diamond's vicinity. Diamond immediately turned his head and saw the beam headed towards him. He quickly wrapped his arms around his backpack, protecting the Egg first and foremost rather than himself. Being agile, Sam quickly cartwheeled in midair and crossed elbow-swords as a line of defense with the Power Gem attack. The beam reflected off of Sam, but by no means did not hurt him. Sam took on the workload of punish, his eyes wincing as the assault continued on. To make matters worse, Absol began an array of Razor Winds fired at Tater now, the Chatot squawked and lazily flew out of the way, more of its wings plucking off by the minute.

-----

"Mom! I'm fine... really! This is so embarrassing! I'm okay! Just a slight frostbite, but it's going to heal up eventually with some Ice Heal and Aspear Berries and I'm good."

Pearl was finally conscious now that he was back in Twinleaf Town. The village of people greeted the boy with a warm welcome. Everyone was outside of their homes, waving to the boy has he was wheeled to his front porch by his mother. Sure it was late at night, but when a successful trainer was returning home, everyone took notice.

The doctors were unsure how Pearl awoke so early from his coma, but they assumed it was his inner will. They flew the boy back home just after he was released from the hospital.

"I know you're fine, Pearl, but I don't want you to end up shell shocked like Volkner. He has not been the same since those long battles." His mother said as she pushed him up the ramp.

As they entered the home, Pearl's mother helped him get situated on the couch. He layed down on his back and stared at the ceiling, "From what hear, battles aren't what got to Volk. I hear its Candice."

"Candice hasn't been heard from in a while, Pearl. She's disappeared. There's a global search for her but nothing has been successful."

"Figures. Police for is too lazy to do anything. They're all slow and what not. If it IS Candice that's got to Volkner, he needs to suck it up and be a man. He's like 25 years old! He acts like he can't get another girl. Shoot. If I were him and I was a Gym Leader I'd have multiple girlfriend." Pearl nodded, folding his arms as his eyes dragged to the television.

"Breaking News coming from Snowpoint City. Apparently, Mt. Coronet has been completely taken over by Neo Team Rocket. And other sources say Team Galactic is also in pursuit of taking over Mt. Coronet. The Pokemon National Conference has been notified, but not that quick to react. The PNC does not want to state that the region is in a state of emergency but... how could Sinnoh not be afraid? Recently, Regice was awoken and rampaged across Snowpoint City. Our investigators were unsuccessful in locating the ice golem Pokemon, but sources say that the Legendary Pokemon went into the Snowpoint Temple. However, no one is granted entrance into the temple at this moment. Snowpoint News Reporting...."

Pearl groaned and looked back towards the ceiling, "So... much... action. I'm missing all the fun while Dia and Dawn are out kicking ass!"

Pearl's mother shot him a glare indicating that he should not curse. Pearl shifted his mouth and nodded silently.

"I'm just a little upset, Mom. I mean, Jupiter beat me pretty badly. I want my revenge. I though I was the strongest of us three. Rowan even said so which is why he gave me the toughest and fiercest job. Diamond and Dawn won their matches, but I lost. I... I don't know..." He sighed, closing his eyes.

Pearl's mother walked into the living room and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Pearl, you're a great trainer. But you have to know that this isn't all about you. I remember when you told me about Diamond and how he acted with his Pokemon. Diamond made it seem it was all about him and not guiding his Pokemon the RIGHT way. Sometimes, Pearl, you've just gotta slow down and soak in the moment. You're so focused on the future, you don't have enough time to focus on what's happening right in front of you."

Pearl opened his eyes and shifted them from left to right before looking back up at his mother, "Yeah, but what does that have to do with me getting revenge on Team Galactic?"

She sighed and shook her head, chuckling, "Think of it like this: Maybe your loss was a sign that should tell you to change your ways like Diamond has changed his. How has Diamond been acting ever since he changed?"

"Diamond's been a monster! He's coming up with plans, strategies, tactics, everything! He's definitely competition for the Pokemon League. He's better than I thought."

"Have you ever defeated Diamond?" She stood up and headed to the steps.

"Ye-wait... No. He's beaten every time! Ugh!" Pearl smacked his forehead, "I gotta get back healthy. I'm going to sleep. Night!" Pearl quickly shut his eyes tightly, trying to will himself to slumber.

-----

Diamond, still shielded behind Sam, looked back at Dawn and Tater, "Uh, Dawn? Anytime now!"

Dawn nodded as she watched Tater continue to dodge the fleet of Razor Winds, "Aerial Ace on Vespiquen! Full Power!"

Suddenly, Tater put on a serious expression, causing Diamond to put on a confused and surprised expression. Never had Diamond seen Tater look so... competitive and competent.

Tater took flight towards the ceiling. Once he reached his apex, Tater darted down at the distracted Vespiquen and pierced his sharp beak into the Beehive Pokemon's gut. Vespiquen ceased the attack as it was rammed into a key portion of the machine. Sparks began to fly as the absorbing mechanism began to electrocute Vespiquen.

Cyrus turned to face the battle and noticed his Pokemon being heavily battered by shocks, like he cared, but he did not. His intimidating eyes refocused on the machine and he noticed that ninety-five percent had been completed, "Almost there..."

With Vespiquen out of commission, it was now Absol's turn to go down. With what energy Sam had left, he used it in a Fury Cutter. The Gallade sprinted towards the Dark-type Pokemon and hacked-and-slashed repeatedly until Absol could no longer stand. Once the two Pokemon were, the only thing left to do was to stop Cyrus.

Cyrus slowly turned around, now that his Red Chain was ninety-nine percent charged, "Unfortunately for you, time is up and I am successful. I must admit, you put up quite the fight, yet you failed, just like a Rowan apprentice should. Only mere moments before the Red Chain is one hund-"

"Diamond! Cover your ears!" Dawn shouted quickly, interrupting Cyrus' gloating.

"Roger!" Diamond said, plugging his ear holes.

"Hyper Voice, Tater!"

Tater quickly opened his beak and began to blabber on all the words it had heard in its life time, "Tater! Tater! TOT! Tater! Tater! TOT! Tater you idiot! STOP! TOT! Tater NO! TATER ATTACK! Hyper Voice! TOT! Hyper Voice! TOT! TOT! TOT! TOT! TOT! TOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!"

Suddenly, the machine began to overload and beep repeatedly. A voice from the machine indicated, "Absorption halted at ninety-nine percent. Absorption ceased!"

Cyrus strained his nerved as he tried to cover his ears from Tater's Hyper Voice. Quickly, he snatched the Red Chain and fled into a nearby hall. Diamond tried to run after him, but stumbled tiredly and fell on his stomach. As Tater continued on, the containers that held the Lake Trio cracked opened and freed the Legendary Pokemon. However, each of them teleported away upon being granted liberty.

After a few more minutes of Hyper Voice, Dawn returned Tater to his Poke Ball and shook her head, "I'll never get used to that. Though it comes in handy." She forced a smile.

Diamond stood up and shook his head as well, hearing a ringing sound in his ears, "Yeah, but Cyrus got away. Team Galactic got away. Most importantly, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf got away. Back into the wild. And that's a good thing." He looked to Dawn and sighed, "I'm tired. I think we need a break. We should stay at the Pokemon Center."

-----

Later that night...

"Diamond, come in here!" Dawn yelled across the hall to Diamond's room of the Pokemon Center. Diamond lazily walked into the room and noticed Dawn on the telephone with Rowan on the screen. He took a seat next to Dawn and greeted the Professor.

"Hello, Professor. I suppose Dawn told you about our confrontation with Team Galactic." Diamond coughed.

"Affirmative Diamond. Good to see you, my boy. There's nothing that I really need to say to you two right now but arrive in Twinleaf Town tomorrow morning. Pearl has partially healed and is wide awake. However, his lower body is still partially frozen from that fright at Lake Acuity."

Diamond smiled and said, "Sure thing Professor."

-----

Later the next morning...

Diamond and Dawn proceeded to walk south of Route 201. Diamond held his Egg tightly in his grasp it was shaking a lot during the flight back home. As the two entered Twinleaf Town, they were greeted by the villagers. More of a welcome back to Diamond, since Dawn was from Sandgem Town, but nonetheless, she was flattered.

Everyone greeted them, even people Diamond did not know. They had became big names ever since joining forces with Professor Rowan. After the two managed to make it out the crowd, Diamond led Dawn to Pearl's house, where Professor Rowan wished to meet them.

Diamond knocked on the door gently and as soon as he finished knocking, Pearl opened the door from his wheelchair, "Hey!"

As he shook hands with his best friend, Diamond replied, "Look who's conscious!"

Pearl bent down and hugged Pearl, "I'm glad you're well, Pearl. We really thought you were a goner."

"I'm okay. Just a little frozen and a little cough. Not enough to stop me."

As they got in and got settled, they sat across from Professor Rowan. He took a sip from his morning coffee and looked to the two of them, "Listen, all of you," he said, mentioning Diamond, Pearl, and Dawn Platina, "I..."

"Whoa whoa whoa. Dawn Platina?" Pearl snorted.

Dawn blushed and looked away, "It's my full name. People only use it for serious and professional manners so obviously this is a serious situation, Pearl."

Diamond hushed them both, "Okay, shut up guys!"

Rowan nodded, "Are you three through? Okay. Now, today, I want you three to spend time together without having to be put in life threatening situations for a change. I'm assigning you three to spend a day at Lake Verity and relax. Tomorrow, Diamond and Dawn, you will return to Mt. Coronet. However, you won't be alone..."

Pearl grinned, "Because I'm coming!"

"No, Pearl, I'm afraid not. You'll be staying here until you recover from your condition." Rowan said, sadly.

Pearl exhaled deeply, accepting his mentor's request.

"Now then... Get going... Diamond. Your Egg. It's glowing."

Diamond looked down at the Egg as it started to glow and crack in his lap. The energy and aura it was giving off was such a powerful energy that Diamond found it nearly unwieldy. However, Diamond maintained his grasp on the Egg, wanting to hold his new Pokemon in his arms as it breathed its first breath...

(Next: Chapter 62: VS. Staraptor!)

Author's Note: Phew. I put my all into this chapter... Happy reading. I expect to released Staraptor tomorrow.

EDIT: 20000+ Hits!!!!! I love you guys! :)

Last edited:

Lash

Years
I only noticed a couple errors, but here is a serious one that still made me laugh...

Pearl bent down and hugged Pearl, "I'm glad you're well, Pearl. We really thought you were a goner."

Pearl likes himself, doesn't he? lol

Overall, good chapter dude! I really enjoyed it. Poor Pearl, though. And I can't wait till Staraptor, when Diamond finally has that Riolu! :p

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I only noticed a couple errors, but here is a serious one that still made me laugh...

Pearl likes himself, doesn't he? lol

Overall, good chapter dude! I really enjoyed it. Poor Pearl, though. And I can't wait till Staraptor, when Diamond finally has that Riolu! :p

Haha! Whoops....I meant Dawn, but whatev lol. I didn't both putting it in Word, I got too lazy to spell check it thoroughly but I'm sure all the readers knew what I meant lol. Yep, Diamond's getting that last Pokemon FINALLY. And something else is about to happen. Nothing TOO big, but eventful yes.

Back