• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
Years
  • man... this is long... i really want to read it but... its jst so long!!!! but by the looks of it its incredibly well done... oh man... jst how many pages is this story!!??!!??! (Oh and don't worry I will be reading it... once I decide to sit down and read it) lol

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Yeah I sorta changed that too. All stories has changes here and there, but yeah, I favor Palmer being Pearl's father and Volkner being his brother. Just makes more sense to me because Pearl's family is pretty famous.

And A LOT of pages. I've been blessed just to type so many chapters up. Imagine the cramps, lol. But yeah, it's about 60+ chapters deep with a lot more to go. I want to make this story well known and extended. Something people crave to read when a new chapter is up.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • k now its settled. my laptop is bein fixed right now but when that comes back and i can sit it my reading chair... i will read it... and i won't stop until im caught up...

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I promise you guys I will post my chapter soon. School has been a big distraction for me though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2009
    well, i kinda meant when they get their platinum clothes & stuff.

a new fic? here's an idea- Pluto/Charon (the 1 from platinum) is trying to revive TG and NTR by controlling giratina.

just an idea, seems like it'd fit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    if you've read it you would know they alreddy have their platinum cloths, what im gessing he's doing DP right up to the league and Platinum is going to be about the B.F

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    well, i kinda meant when they get their platinum clothes & stuff.

a new fic? here's an idea- Pluto/Charon (the 1 from platinum) is trying to revive TG and NTR by controlling giratina.

just an idea, seems like it'd fit.

Yeah they got their Platinum clothes before they went to Mt. Coronet and the snow route to Snowpoint. And, nah, that idea doesn't fit with me. Seems like a recycling of the plot of my fic. I'll probably do something different if I don't completely retire as an author. I will admit, writing has taken a lot out of me along with school. Right now, my focus is more to my other fic because I'm kind of having a writer's block, but don't worry, I'm going to brainstorm ideas once the school work is out of the way.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Chapter 65: VS. Floatzel II! Part 1
    dpmfa419.png

Roark stared across the battlefield at Neptune, armed with his most powerful Pokemon, Rampardos. Having trained Rampardos ever since his battle with Diamond, Roark was confident that Rampardos could hold its own against Neptune's Floatzel, but he worried that the type advantage could come back to haunt him. Floatzel was older and more mature than Rampardos, meaning he was much stronger. It would appear that Rampardos, the bigger Pokemon, was David while Floatzel, the smaller Pokemon, was Goliath. Nonetheless, the battle would proceed.

"You don't have to do this Wake. I know that Neo Team Rocket manipulated and utilized your physical strength to input fear in other people. But it's almost over, Wake. You can fight this. I know you can." Roark clenched his fist, moistening his lips which became chapped in the cold weather.

Neptune raised a brow and said, "Wake? He's long gone now. I am Neptune. Admin for the great Neo Team Rocket. There is no stopping Neo Team Rocket or me! Floatzel, Aqua Jet!"

Floatzel's body was smothered by a spherical torrent of water as the Sea Weasel Pokemon leaped up and slithered down to Rampardos in midair. Rampardos looked up, awaiting instruction, but Floatzel collided with Rampardos's gut, sending the Head Butt Pokemon slamming into a wall.

Roark winced, but decided that now was the time to retaliate, "Scary Face!"

Floatzel landed back in front of Neptune as Rampardos broke free from the crater in the wall. It should its head, sending pieces of rock flying into every direction before staring at Floatzel with an intimidating face. Floatzel stared back, preparing to attack yet again.

"Hm. Floatzel seems to rely on speed. If I keep using Scary Face with Rampardos, it'll slow it down. But with me relying on that, it leaves Rampardos open for assault. Ah... I'll have to stay on the defense then." Roark adjusted his glasses as he leered back at Neptune.

Neptune wasted no time with his next attack, "Aqua Tail!"

Floatzel now darted at Rampardos on all fours, seemingly at a slower pace, yet still at an alarming velocity to which Rampardos could not keep up with. Floatzel's tails were shrouded in moist particles as it jumped up and whipped both tails across Rampardos face repeatedly, knocking the gently giant down onto the ground where the assault continued.

"Scary Face!"

Rampardos opened its eyes just as it looked up at Floatzel. After meeting orbs with the dinosaur Pokemon, Floatzel flipped up and landed away from Rampardos, still at an even slower pace than before.

Roark's plan was indeed working.

-----

Diamond shook his head as he came to. Apparently, he had fallen asleep due to his intense tiredness and the intensely freezing temperatures that had surrounded him throughout this long duration. He peered from behind the boulder as he observed that Neo Team Rocket was still in the process of drilling a hole in the cave wall. Things appeared to be going Neo Team Rocket's way as the hole grew less thick and led towards the outside.

"Instead of scaling Mt. Coronet naturally, they're going to just bust through a landmark? That's sick. They're damaging this natural environment for their personal gain. Mt. Coronet has been here ever since the beginning of time and they're shattering history." Diamond stood up and looked to his Ball pocket. One of his Pokeballs was missing!

Frantically, Diamond looked around, immediately discovering that Ronny's Pokeball had vanished into thin air. He looked yonder and found that the Pokeball had rolled towards the direction of the drill and rested at the bed of the cave, almost in the drill's destruction path.

Diamond's eyes widen, "Ronny!"

One thing Diamond wasn't sure about is what happened to a Pokemon when its Pokeball was destroyed. Crushed. Not wanting to find out, Diamond sprinted towards the Pokeball and unfortunately the drill as well. Almost instantly, the Neo Team Rocket Grunts picked out Diamond running towards the drill. However, Diamond was quick and agile and retrieving Ronny's Pokeball. He dove towards the ball and grabbed, but the drill neared him more and more. Luckily, the hole that Neo Team Rocket was big enough for him to run down. Alas, there was a dead end, leaving Diamond stuck to his imminent doom.

A Grunt informed Pluto, who was standing at the top of the drill, about Diamond's sudden appearance.

"Ma'am, the boy. He's back."

"I know!" Pluto said fiercely, her attitude growing by the day, "Use the drill to eliminate him. He's trapped with no means of escape. They showed no mercy to grandfather and now I will show no mercy to anyone who stands in my way."

"You heard the boss!"

"Fire the drill!"

With that said, the drill proceeded with no remorse for Diamond's life. Diamond cursed under his breath, feeling stupid for getting trapped in this predicament.

He stood there, shaking his head as the massive, destructive tool neared him slowly and steadily, making the way that more fearful, but making the escape that more possible. Diamond looked around for any form of a plan and when he couldn't come up with anything, he reverted to an old form of strategy.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to have to use some old school tactics: Beat 'em with your Pokemon!" Diamond said to himself, reaching into his pocket for all six of his Pokemon's Pokeballs.

After the Pokeballs emerged from his pocket, he tossed them each forward in unison, causing a burst of white light upon contact with the ground. The Pokeballs bounced back into Diamond's hands as he looked up at the drill and then at each of his Pokemon left to right from his view: Trident the Empoleon, Samurai 'Sam' the Gallade, Rose the Skuntank, Dexter 'Dex' the Pachirisu, Pilot the Yanmega, and Ronny the Riolu. Diamond had considered not using Ronny, but with the help of his veteran Pokemon, Ronny could gain plenty of experience. That is, if they survived.

-----

Floatzel continued the assault on Rampardos, despite the fact that its agility had decreased greatly. Rampardos was just too slow to keep up with the still nimble Floatzel. The Sea Weasel Pokemon nimbly jumped up and slapped it's aquatic tail across Rampardos's face, sending the large Pokemon crashing down onto the earth. It appeared that Roark wasn't even trying to accomplish anything. Not anything at all.

Neptune shook his head, offended by Roark's lack of attacks and counters, "What is wrong with you, boy? Do you fear me so much that I've intimidated into not attacking? We call guys in the ring like you wussies. Punks. Scaredy-cats for the playground kids. But, this shall end soon enough."

Roark bit his lip and shook his head, "Apparently you don't understand my reasoning behind my strategies. You see, I recall your matches in the ring when I was a little boy. Sure, you were my favorite wrestler, but I could easily point out your flaws. The only reason why you were so powerful is because you kept attacking and you had great endurance. However, times have changed and you've gotten older. You're unable to stay in the fight too long. As well your Floatzel. I've studied each of the Gym Leaders upon being appointed Gym Leader of Oreburgh City. Your weakness is endurance, so you try to get rid of your foes quickly. I'm sorry to say that Rampardos is sturdy enough to withstand your Floatzel's attacks. As a matter of fact, I'm not sorry."

Rampardos stood up, stomping its clawed feet on the earth before roaring out intimidatingly.

Roark smirked, "You want offense? Fine with me, Wake. Rampardos... Head Smash!"

Rampardos lowered its head and began a full on assault towards Floatzel. Scrambling its feet rather quickly for its size, preparing to completely dethrottle the opposing Pokemon for good.

(Next: Chapter 66: VS. Floatzel II! Part 2)

Author's Note: Short because I've hit the wall at this point of the story, sorry ;D

Lash

Years
  • Another great chapter, to say the least.

Author's Note: Short because I've hit the wall at this point of the story, sorry ;D

Nah, it's okay, it still gave the readers everything we can expect from you as a great fanfic writer. But, I certainly hope the "hit the wall" comment doesn't lead to anything not good, like giving up, which I certainly hope you don't :x

Anyways, it's all good, man :D
    I can't wait to see what happens with the drill, I'm sort of hangin' on the edge of my seat :D

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've just caught up on your fic. :3 I must say it was pretty obvious about the whole Pluto thing, but the rest of it is a very fun read. It has fast pacing (I cannot stand any story that hass a plot that trickles along slowly) and is overall quite enjoyable!

But one thing I didn't get: if Sam's full nickname is Samurai, why don't you use that name out-of-dialogue? If you keep calling him Sam anyway, why did you not just call him 'Sam' in the first place and be done with it...? Just a nitpicky thing do, I guess. But otherwise, this is an awesome fic. Keep going!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    But one thing I didn't get: if Sam's full nickname is Samurai, why don't you use that name out-of-dialogue? If you keep calling him Sam anyway, why did you not just call him 'Sam' in the first place and be done with it...? Just a nitpicky thing do, I guess. But otherwise, this is an awesome fic. Keep going!

Thanks for your comment and opinion :). Hmm... I never really though about referring to Sam as Samurai when out of dialogue. Just something I never really picked up; but it does make a lot of sense so from now on, I will refer to Sam as Samurai out of Dialogue. Same goes for Dexter.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Well I'm finally caught up! Few... that was like reading a frickin novel. As for this wall, it's natural... but so help me if you give up... I will find you and kill you. I'm way to in to the story to just have you give up! Although, I don't think you'll do that... you don't seem like the type of writer who would let something this good go to waste.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    sorry it's late but nice episode,look well if you've hit the wall with idea take some time off think of the next couple of episodes and when you feel happy post them I aint rushing you I can wait.Any way keep it up.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Chapter 66: VS. Floatzel Part 2
    dpmfa419.png

Roark stared across the battlefield at Neptune, armed with his most powerful Pokemon, Rampardos. Having trained Rampardos ever since his battle with Diamond, Roark was confident that Rampardos could hold its own against Neptune's Floatzel, but he worried that the type advantage could come back to haunt him. Floatzel was older and more mature than Rampardos, meaning he was much stronger. It would appear that Rampardos, the bigger Pokemon, was David while Floatzel, the smaller Pokemon, was Goliath. Nonetheless, the battle would proceed.

"You don't have to do this Wake. I know that Neo Team Rocket manipulated and utilized your physical strength to input fear in other people. But it's almost over, Wake. You can fight this. I know you can." Roark clenched his fist, moistening his lips which became chapped in the cold weather.

Neptune raised a brow and said, "Wake? He's long gone now. I am Neptune. Admin for the great Neo Team Rocket. There is no stopping Neo Team Rocket or me! Floatzel, Aqua Jet!"

Floatzel's body was smothered by a spherical torrent of water as the Sea Weasel Pokemon leaped up and slithered down to Rampardos in midair. Rampardos looked up, awaiting instruction, but Floatzel collided with Rampardos's gut, sending the Head Butt Pokemon slamming into a wall.

Roark winced, but decided that now was the time to retaliate, "Scary Face!"

Floatzel landed back in front of Neptune as Rampardos broke free from the crater in the wall. It should its head, sending pieces of rock flying into every direction before staring at Floatzel with an intimidating face. Floatzel stared back, preparing to attack yet again.

"Hm. Floatzel seems to rely on speed. If I keep using Scary Face with Rampardos, it'll slow it down. But with me relying on that, it leaves Rampardos open for assault. Ah... I'll have to stay on the defense then." Roark adjusted his glasses as he leered back at Neptune.

Neptune wasted no time with his next attack, "Aqua Tail!"

Floatzel now darted at Rampardos on all fours, seemingly at a slower pace, yet still at an alarming velocity to which Rampardos could not keep up with. Floatzel's tails were shrouded in moist particles as it jumped up and whipped both tails across Rampardos face repeatedly, knocking the gently giant down onto the ground where the assault continued.

"Scary Face!"

Rampardos opened its eyes just as it looked up at the descending Floatzel and its tails as they slapped it across the face. Rampardos's body collapsed on to the ground as Floatzel repeatedly kept slapping its tails against Rampardos's body.

Roark gritted his teeth worried about the outcome of this seriously important battle, "Ugh. Either Wake's Floatzel is entirely too fast or Rampardos is really slow. I gotta train Rampardos in the agility and velocity region if we plan on keeping our Gym title long. I just got it so I can't lose it!"

-----

By this time, Dawn had finally arrived on the scene in wake of Roark and Wake's battle. As she stopped jogging, Dawn observed Floatzel on top of Rampardos, who was still lying flat on its back while being whipped and pounded Floatzel's tails.

"Roark!" Dawn shouted as she reached for her Pokeball Bag, "I'll help you!"

Roark quickly turned to Dawn, "No. I'll handle this, Dawn. I'm a Gym Leader and as a Gym Leader it is my duty to protect this region. I know you're an apprentice, but I just want to handle this fight on my own. So, pardon me, but butt out of this."

Dawn was taken aback, "O...kay.'

Roark clenched his fists tightly after adjusting the straps on his helmet lying on his head. He cleared his throat.

Neptune smirked victoriously as his eyes twitched, "So you think you're tough, huh rookie? I'll show you tough. Floatzel! Ice Fang!"

Floatzel jumped up off Rampardos, the incisors in its mouth giving off a frosty and icy effect. Then, the Sea Weasel Pokemon dove down, aiming to sink its frozen teeth into reptilian skin on Rampardos's neck.

Unfortunately for Neptune and Floatzel, Roark was not having any of this.

"I'm fed up with being called rookie, trainee, or any form of amateur by everyone. It's time I showed them I too am elite!"
    Roark cleared his throat again before speaking, "Screech!"

As Floatzel neared Rampardos on its downward spiral, the Head Butt Pokemon opened its immense mouth and unleashed an extreme volume of shrills into Floatzel's face, catching it off guard. The impact of the sound waves sent Floatzel flying into the air, allowing Rampardos enough time to get to its feet.

Roark seized the opportunity quickly, "Now, Head Smash!"

Rampardos squatted down slight on its feet before springing up and slamming its head onto Floatzel's body, crushing the Sea Weasel Pokemon into the ceiling of the artificial cave. The first to come down was Rampardos. The Head Butt Pokemon fell from the ceiling and onto its feet rather elegantly. The descend was much different for Floatzel who unconsciously fell onto the ground with an eerily silent thud.

Roark sighed in victory before nearly collapsing, only to be held up by Dawn. Neptune's eyes started to glow a bright red color before the powerful man collapsed to his feet, gripping his head in confusion.

He released his hands from his before muttering something audibly, "Wha-- What? Where am I?"

"Wake?" Roark maintained his equilibrium and walked over to him.

"Hmm? Ah... all I can remember is a bright red light... a red light constantly flashed into my face."

Dawn approached Wake, no longer Neptune, and Roark, "Wait a minute... flashing, bright red light... Wake, what else do you recall that was notable about this flashing red light?"

Wake stood up straight, still stroking his head, "Ahh.. I remember Fantina holding up this... piece of red jewelry, dangling it from my face and then... nothing."

"The Red Chain..." Dawn shifted her mouth and said this coldly.

Roark looked to Wake and Dawn, "Speaking of jewelry, we can't forget about Diamond. We better go find him!"

"I'll help you. Any trainer who is formidable enough to beat me in my own Gym is deserving of my help and gratitude!"

So, Roark and Wake, led by Dawn, ran down the remaining tunnel, in search of Diamond's whereabouts and, unfortunately, Neo Team Rocket's as well.

(Next: Chapter 67: VS. Abomasnow II! Part 1)

Author's Note: Another guiltily short chapter, but the next chapter will be great, I swear. Thanks Lashie! :)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Thanks for commentary :). I'm currently in the process of the Abomasnow Chapters and I must say things are looking up as far as the length of chapters.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    The comparison of Diamond and a piece of jewelry made me laugh too.

Nice chapter, and watching Roark's little 'I don't wanna be a rookie, you jerk!' thing was really quite fun - but I think it could have been done a bit better. You know, like his eyes glinting angrily or a Glasses Flash or a loud roaring command or something? xD Please post the new chapter soon? =D

Back