• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
Another great episode,carn't wait for Volume 6 I wonder whats going to happen next keep up the good work

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 62: VS. Staraptor!
dpmfa398.png

The Egg continued to glow in Hiro's lap as the shell of the Egg materialized into the Pokemon's body. As for the body, it expanded into a small, humanoid-like dog shape. As the body grew, the glowing dimmed down completely, revealing a small, blue, dog-like Pokemon. Its legs and torso were colored black and its tail was large and blue. Around the Pokemon's neck was a pale yellow collar. On the newly born Pokemon's forepaws were pearly white, rounded bumps. Lastly, the Pokemon's face had a black mask with two black drooping ears, two pointed ears on the top of its head, and red eyes. It appeared that its nose was running, but by no means was it sick.

Dawn beamed bright as she ran over to greet it, "Oh my gosh! A Riolu? It's so cute! Look at its nose! Its nose is running! What are you going to name it, Diamond?"

The Riolu looked up at Dawn and sniffed the liquid back into its nose before looking back to Diamond, "Rio?" It appeared to want to know what it would be called by from now on.

Diamond thought it over for a split second and then said the first thing that came to his head, "Ronny. I'll name him Ronny because he appears to have a runny nose, but I like the way Ronny sounds more than Runny." He nodded and stood up, causing Ronny to hop off his lap, and stand on his own.

The Riolu curiously looked over at Pearl and Rowan before hiding behind Diamond again, wrapping its arms around its trainer's pant leg. Diamond looked down at Ronny and smiled, knowing this tendency from a certain Pokemon.

"Ha. Sam used to do that a lot. He was kind of shy at first, but what a difference a year makes. You should have seen him beat down on Cyrus's Absol, Pearl. I've never seen Sam do a Fury Cutter so fiercely."

Pearl folded his arms as he sat up in the wheel chair, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't get cocky Diamond. We still have to have our rematch once all this settles down."

"If it ever does." Dawn chimed in.

Rowan stood up and interrupted the excitement over the newly hatched Riolu, "Alright you three. Go to Lake Verity and relax. Catch up with one another for a change. I'll see you all tomorrow bright and early."

-----

"Ah... where it all started." Pearl said as he wheeled his way through the forest, leading Diamond and Dawn to Verity Lakefront, "Man, can you guys believe it's been almost a year?"

Diamond chuckled and said, "Yeah, but I remember it being much warmer than it is now. Maybe that's just the aftershock of Mt. Coronet. I didn't even realize how it cold it was at Mt. Coronet." He looked down at Ronny was walking closely beside him, nose still running uncontrollably, "I wonder what's causing Ronny's nose to keep on running like that. Doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon. Maybe I should give him some medicine."

Dawn smiled as she squatted down, rubbing Ronny behind the ears, "Aww, but it's so cute, Diamond. I think it makes him unique. But if you're looking for a reason, I think exposing his Egg to the coldness of Mt. Coronet is what caused him to have this... sickness I guess. But he doesn't look sick."

Ronny sniffed a bit, looking at Dawn lazily.

"Maybe you should expose Ronny to Sam a bit. They both seem like the same Pokemon: shy and timid." Pearl shrugged as he looked at Diamond.

Diamond reached into his pocket, silently agreeing. He pressed the pressure sensor on Sam's Pokeball as the Gallade was released from its Poke Ball. Sam looked around before looking down at Ronny. Of course, Ronny was new to Sam, so it was kind of uncomfortable inviting a new Pokemon into Diamond's party. Ronny looked up at Sam and stepped away from Diamond to approach the Gallade. Sam extended a hand to shake up with Ronny, causing the Riolu to observe his hand.

Not knowing this globalized form of greeting one another, Ronny extended his paw slowly... and quickly punched Sam in the gut. The speed of punch was so quick, the Rowan Trio barely saw it. Ronny stood confused, his left paw shimmering like steel. Apparently, Ronny thought Sam was challenging him to a friendly spar. Sam held his gut, alarmed at the natural born strength of the Riolu.

Pearl snorted, "I take that back, Ronny is NOT like Sam. Sam would have never done that when he was a Ralts. What attack was that anyway, Diamond?"

Diamond observed his Pokedex as the encyclopedia scanned Riolu's body, "I dunno Pearl, but Sam looks kinda... hurt by that attack." The Pokedex completed its analysis as a large amount of information about Ronny appeared on the screen, "Says here Ronny was thoroughly bred and has... five Egg moves!? Cross Chop, Vacuum Wave, Iron Defense, Sky Uppercut, and that last attack, Bullet Punch. Uhh... wow. Thanks Dad." Diamond chuckled.

Pearl was not amused, "Hmph. Whatever, dude." Obviously, he was jealous.

"Quit being envious, Pearl. Just because your brother and father haven't given you an Egg doesn't mean you should be bitter to Dia." Dawn chimed in for Diamond.

"Oh come on Dawn Platina. Everybody in the world knows you're only taking up for Diamond because you like him." Pearl teased, wagging his finger back in forward.

Dawn blushed furiously as an angered expression appeared on her face, "No I don't, Pearl! If your legs weren't frozen, I'd paralyze them!" She ran towards Pearl to attack him, but was interrupted by Diamond who had apparently walked off amidst Pearl and Dawn's conversation. Lucky for Dawn, Diamond had not overheard what Pearl said.

"Hey guys come here!" Diamond shouted as Dawn and Pearl went over to see what all the commotion was about. Diamond pointed to the section of the grass where he and Pearl had found Rowan's bag.

"You stop an argument to show us some grass? What the hell, Dia?" Pearl pouted, enjoying his argument with Dawn.

"It was the only way to get you two to shut up. I couldn't think up of anything for a change." Diamond shrugged and smiled, "Besides, I think we should past time by reenacting our whole meeting. The time we all first met, y'know?"

Pearl exhaled, looking over to Sam and Ronny who were currently having a friendly sparring. It was as if the two Pokemon had immediately connected after their brief greeting. Ronny was mimicking Sam, whom was doing a bit of Yoga. While doing this, blue energy began to shroud Ronny's paws. When the Riolu thrusted its paws forward, the pieces of energy fired at a nearby section of trees, startling the native Pokemon.

Dawn sat over by the lakeside as Diamond and Pearl prepared themselves to 'discover' Trident and Gaia's Poke Balls. Just as Diamond reached down to grab the Empoleon's Poke Ball, a giant Staraptor came swarming out of the trees. It appeared that when Ronny fired off the energy sphere, it disturbed Staraptor's slumber. The Predator Pokemon swooped down towards Ronny and clenched its talons onto Ronny's shoulders, lifting the Riolu high into the air and taking off into the forest.

"Ronny!" Diamond shouted as he watched Staraptor fly off. He reached into his pocket, took out Pilot's Poke Ball, and released the Yanmega. Pilot wrapped its legs around Diamond's upper body, lifted the boy up into the air, and flew after the crazed Staraptor.

Dawn watched Diamond fly off as she looked to Pearl, "Sorry, Pearl, gotta help Dia. Let's go Aves, Peep!" Dawn released her Staravia and Drifblim as she pursued behind Diamond.

Pearl groaned as he watch Dawn leave him, "Who's gonna wheel me around! Ugh, you guys get all the fun!"

-----

Staraptor weaved through the forest, dodging trees and whatnot. Ronny attempted to fight his way out of Staraptor's talons, but it was of no use and the little Riolu was losing energy. Fortunately for Ronny, Diamond and Pilot were hot on their tail and ready to heat seek. By now, Diamond was on top of Pilot's back, "Bug Buzz!'

The Yanmega flapped its wings repeatedly as a lime green sound wave boomed towards Staraptor's back, knocking the Predator Pokemon off balance and slowly collappsing to the ground. It then dropped Ronny from a high distance in the air, sending the Riolu spiraling from the canopy. Out of nowhere, Aves swooped in and saved Ronny, just in time before the Riolu hit the tree. As Ronny clung on to Aves' feather, the Staravia slowly began to glow, its body expanding out as it evolved.

Dawn finally appeared on the scene aboard her Drifblim, watching Aves evolve, "Aves!"

Diamond shielded his eyes from the brightness and the sunlight, "Hey, Aves is evolving! Heh, fitting he would evolve in the same area you captured him!"

Oncw Aves stopped glowing, there in his place was a large Staraptor. Aves swooped down, landing near Diamond as Ronny jumped off of the Staraptor's back and ran over to Diamond, hugging his leg. Diamond grinned and rubbed Ronny's head.

"Good to have you back, Ron." Diamond nodded.

The once threaten Staraptor seemed to want to battle against Aves. By no means was Aves about to backdown either. The wild Staraptor swooped and quickly glided down towards Aves using an impressive Aerial Ace attack. Wind began to disperse around the wild Staraptor as it struck its beak into Aves' breast. Aves sent back into a nearby tree's bark. Diamond looked over at Dawn, tempted to get in the action.

Dawn kept her poise and remained aplomb as she said, "Aves. It's time to work out that attack you weren't able to successfully accomplish as a Staravia!"

Aves got himself up as he flapped his large brown wings. The wild Staraptor was gearing up for another Aerial Ace as Dawn smirked.

"Brave Bird!"

Aves flew up high into the, being followed by the wild Staraptor as both Predator Pokemon flew above the canopies. However, Aves wing-strength allowed him to fly much higher than the wild Staraptor. Once Aves reached his altitude peak, his body began to become engulfed in red flames like an incoming comet from space. Finally, Aves swarmed down at the wild Staraptor, the flames disintegrating into blue flames. Aves had a fierce expression on his face as he quickly neared the opposing Staraptor. Finally, Aves completed the attack by applying a full on take down with his wings spread against the wild Staraptor, sending it flying unwillfully miles and miles away. Once complete, Aves flew back down to where everyone else was and landed beside Dawn. The Brave Bird attack took a lot out of the Staraptor.

Dawn smiled and rubbed her newly evolved Pokemon on the head, "Good job Aves."

-----

"Ugh! I hate you guys and all your new Pokemon." Pearl joked as he said this in a whiny tone.

Diamond smiled, while Ronny wiped his nose with his paw, "Well Pearl, you'll have time to train when we leave tomorrow."

Pearl sighed and said, "Yeah... I guess so..."

Dawn felt sorry for Pearl, and wanted to do something for him, "Pearl... how about training Aves a bit more while Diamond and I are gone?" She nodded.

"You mean like a trade? What Pokemon of mines do you want?" Pearl smiled now.

"Your Happiny."

"Penny? But... she's... uh.."

"What? Has Pearl grown attached to a feminine Pokemon? Hmmm?" Pearl joked as Diamond chuckled.

"Nuh uh! C'mon let's get this trade going!"

-----

The next day, after Pearl traded his Happiny, Penny, for Dawn's Staraptor, Aves, Professor Rowan as well as all the inhabitants of Twinleaf Town, and unfortunately Pearl, stood at the gates of Twinleaf Town as they watched Diamond and Dawn ready for their departure. Rowan nodded to them and said, "I know you have only been home for a short time, but it necessary to send you two out again. Mt. Coronet is currently in the process of being invaded by Neo Team Rocket. From my understanding, Team Galactic has not threatened Mt. Coronet as of yet, but be on the look out from them as well. I speak on behalf of your fellow hometown people when I saw, 'We are proud of you and we believe in you. We salute you.'"

The people Twinleaf cheered and hollered for Diamond and Dawn. Diamond bit his lip as he looked to his house near the gates. There, his mother stood waving at him, but he wondered where his father was. He was home the last time he left for the snow route and Snowpoint City.

Dawn waved to the people as well as she took out Peep's Pokeball and released the Drifblim. She climbed aboard the bigger than average Pokemon as it floated up into the sky. Not too far behind Dawn was Diamond flying on his Yanmega, Pilot. They had a long journey ahead of them and this was just the beginning.

Pearl looked up from his wheel chair, for once a serious expression on his face. He was saddened that he was unable to make the journey with Diamond and Dawn. He whispered to himself as he watched Diamond and Dawn disappear into the cyan blue skies filled with gray clouds of snowfall, "Good luck guys. I promise... I promise I'll catch up to you when I'm able to walk..."

End of Volume 5

Preview of Volume 6:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

NOTICE: I have updated the trainer cards (forgot that Pearl's Finneon had evolved a while ago, ha) and I've added a new picture to reflect their current wintry outfits.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
wow what a great end to another great volume,poor pearl hopfully he'll get better soon,lol Ronny good name,the trade unexected is it perminent or will they trade back in the future.Well carn't wait till volume 6 keep up the good work Turtle king.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Awesome! I just realised that you posted a new chapter. Hey Turtleking, any romance coming into the next chapters? *hint hint* Ronny is so cute. I can just picture him with that runny nose.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Alright just to inform you guys, I've posted the chapter titles for Volume 6 on the front page. Begin your speculation of what happens :). Also, if you notice, the entire Volume is filled with two parters. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
kool carn't wait till volume 6, just one question and I hope you don't feel im rushing you Turtleking but when will volume 6 start.Thanx loving your serise

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
kool carn't wait till volume 6, just one question and I hope you don't feel im rushing you Turtleking but when will volume 6 start.Thanx loving your serise

The release date for Volume 6 will be December 19th. That's the last day of school for me because we're out of school for Christmas Break. But also, I'm not writing any chapters right because of my other fic *pokes sig*. So that's why I'm posting as much here. For now anyway. I've still got my ideas for each of the chapters though.

EDIT: I have begun production on Volume 6. Be on the look out for it This Friday! :)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Volume 6

Chapter 63: VS. Froslass II! Part 1
dpffa478.png

"With all due respect, Byron, I do not plan on joining this 'war'. In fact, by no means will I join, period. I don't have the will to battle any further. At the end of the winter, the Gym shall be permanently closed in my opinion. If the PNC wishes to reopen it, that's fine by me, but I do not wish to be a Gym Leader or a Trainer any further."

These words came from the one and only Volkner of Sunyshore City. At the time he spoke these words, he was loading up his backpack in his office, which was lit up by the solar power of Sunyshore City. His blue jacket covered his upper body and v-cut black shirt. The jacket was lined with golden zippers and large buttons on the sleeves. The collar of the jacket was a shade of navy blue in contrast of the regular blue of the full jacket. His pants were simply dark blue work pants that had a silver chain dangling from the belt loops. For shoes, Volkner wore dark brown boots with silvers soles. As far as appearance, Volkner had a desirable look: spiky blond hair with bushy sideburns, pale skin, and fierce, deep blue eyes. He was skinny, yet athletic.

"Volkner, your brother is out there risking his life for the protection of Sinnoh! He's in the recovery stages now, in a wheelchair!" Byron exclaimed, his fists clenching, "Isn't that motivation enough?"

"I believe it's foolish of him to even jump into this alleged war. He's too young and too inexperienced to do anything."

"So why don't you do anything about!?"

"Because it's pointless! The PNC doesn't even know if Neo Team Rocket or Team Galactic are actual threats. Didn't you see the news report?"

"The point is..."

"The point is I'm not helping out. That's final answer. Now, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Though it will not be my Gym later, it is still my Gym now."

Byron stared at Volkner as the blond turned his back. The middle aged man shook his head and spoke in a more reasonable tone than before, "Are you sure this has nothing to do with Candice's disappearance, Volkner?"

Volkner flinched for a moment before quickly responding to the given question, "No sir. It has absolutely nothing to do with Candice's disappearance."

"Alright." Byron said just as quickly. He turned on his heel, turned the doorknob of the wooden door, looked back at Volkner one last time, and then exited the office.

-----

Snow was falling heavily in mountainous Mt. Coronet. Each of the peaks and jagged edges of the large landmark was covered with bright, blinding, white snow. By no means was it on the verge of melting, because the temperature was fiercely cold. The conditions were damn near blizzard-esque.

Because they had such a well trained group of Grunts, Neo Team Rocket was successful at constructing an artificial cave so that they could rest and warm up before putting their initial operation into full force.

"We should be able to continue drilling this area and have it lead us directly to the Spear Pillar. My tracker has the correct coordinates of Dialga this time, I'm sure of it." Uranus said, staring at the beeping device in her hand, "With those Rowan brats taking care of Team Galactic, there will be no interference. No antagonism."

Pluto stood near the wall where they planned on drilling. She rubbed it gently with her fingers, feeling how rugged and cold it was, "Excellent. We will begin drilling immediately. Where are the Dusk Twins with that Red Chain!?"

Almost immediately, the twitchy twins approached Pluto. Mark grasped the Red Chain in his hand as he looked over at Marcia and then back to Pluto.

"Here is Red Chain, ma'am. We did good job in getting it. We did good job in betraying Team Galactic." Mark nodded to Marcia for her to say something.

"Yes, ma'am. Good indeed."

Pluto snatched the chain from Mark and shouted, "Proceed with drilling! I want Dialga as soon as possible!"

"Yes ma'am!" The hundreds of Grunts shouted as they brought in a large drilling vehicle and proceeded in pressing the rotating drill into the wall of earth. Bits of rock and debris flew every which way, but they continued to drill and drill.

-----

"Finally, we're here. Ugh, so cold!" Diamond stated, still clutching on to the sides of Pilot. Behind them was Dawn riding aboard Peep.

"You got that ride. Luckily we're not too cold. Your mother made these outfits so snug and warm!" She smiled before Pilot and Peep descended to the ground, "I don't know exactly what portion of Mt. Coronet we're in, but I do know that it is indeed Mt. Coronet."

"Good enough. It shouldn't be too hard in tracking an orange crowd with brown boots. Most likely they've got some form of a mechanism. How they afford all that stuff really behooves me." Diamond said as he hopped of Pilot and landed his feet firmly in the ankle deep snow. Then he returned Pilot just as Dawn returned Peep.

"We're most likely not going to be able to use Pilot or Peep. That trip all the way from Twinleaf Town really took a lot out of them." Dawn said as they began hiking about the mountain.

"We'll be fine. We've got other Pokemon just as good. Besides, Pilot and Peep are not exactly great against Ice-type Pokemon with them being partial Flying-types."

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that." Dawn blushed, "You're always thinking like a million steps ahead. What makes you do that? How do you do that?"

"I went to Pokemon School when I was younger. My Dad made me. I didn't want to because I wanted to hang with my friends outside, but I was always in school or studying. I mean, I had Sam for quite sometime and he was a Ralts forever it seemed like. But we never did really get to battle other trainers. My Dad wanted me to focus on creating strategies at all costs. So, I quickly developed that and I am where I am today."

"Oh... I see."

"Yep. And now that I train and battle, it makes me much stronger and somewhat ahead of the competition. But that doesn't mean that my skills can't be countered. I do have a weakness, but not many other opposing trainers have figured it out yet."

"Wow. That's so... intellectual."

"Yeah you could say that... Hey! Roark!" Diamond went into, or attempted, to sprint in the ankle deep snow. Up ahead was a familiar figure lying face first in the cold snow.

It was Roark! He was laying there completely wiped out and fatigued. His mining helmet lay a few feet away from him. In addition, his Aerodactyl was sprawled out on a rock formation, fainted. Once Diamond reached Roark, he instantly flipped him over on his back and slapped him repeatedly, "Wake up! Roark! Come on, dude!"

Roark coughed a bit as he realized he was being smacked. As a sense of reflex, Roark sprang up and slapped Diamond in the face, causing him to fall on his back as was Roark.

"Mmph!" Diamond grunted as he hit the snow. The frost heaped into the before landing in the boy's face.

"Diamond!?" Roark questioned before willing himself to stand up, "Is that you? Oh man, I'm so sorry. I didn't recognize you in your new outfit." He extended his hand, grabbing Diamond's wrist and pulled him up.

By now, Dawn had approached them, "What were you doing laying in the snow."

"Unfortunately, I got so tired from hiking, I just collapsed. Aerodactyl could not fly any longer, the snow was just to intense for her." He looked over at Aerodactyl, reached into his pocket, and returned the prehistoric Pokemon, "She'll be fine."

Diamond zipped his blue coat up to his neck and looked around, "No civilization for miles. You could have died out here."

"Yes, but I didn't. I'm fortunate you two came along. We need to find a cave and get warm. I saw Neo Team Rocket marching up ahead." He pointed northward, "We should go in that direction. I'll lead."

-----

After hiking miles and miles and miles, Roark, Diamond, and Dawn stumbled upon a rather large and unusually placed cave near the right side of a canyon portion of Mt. Coronet. The snow had simmered down in this region, but it was just as deep as the previous region.

Roark led them into the dank cave, noticing that there were torches lit on the cave floor.

"That's weird. Torches in a mountain? Someone has been here." Diamond said, speeding up ahead of Roark, becoming curious with this situation.

"Team Galactic maybe?" Dawn asked.

Just then, there was a voice heard up ahead of the trio. Each of them quickly looked up, eyes alert and attentive. Their mouths shut.

"Yes ma'am, I'm now checking out the entrance location, preparing to close it off." The voice came from Uranus. For some odd reason, Diamond, Dawn, and Roark did not move from their spots and allowed themselves to be spotted by her.

"Ma'am. We have intruders. I'll take care of them." She quickly turned off her PokeNAV and took out a PokeBall, "Well, this is special. The brats who infiltrated our fort have returned for an encore? I'm sorry, but that will not happen again, I'm afraid. Actually, no, I'm not afraid."

Dawn immediately ran in front of Diamond and Roark and looked back at them, "I'll take care of her. You guys go on and catch up to Neo Team Rocket."

Without question, Diamond and Roark sprinted past Uranus and deeper into the artificial cave.

Uranus simply smiled, "Makes it easier on me, I suppose. I don't have to murder three people. I'll just have to punish you more for their absence. It's not like they won't get stopped by further people. Before we begin." She pressed a button on her PokeNAV that alerted the other members of Neo Team Rocket that intruders were in their vicinity, "Just a stress signal."

"Fine by me, hag. I'll just have to make this quick." She took out a Pokeball.

"Hmm. Using that Infernape of yours again? Don't you think it's burnt out by now? You use it all the time. You don't trust your other Pokemon, do you?"

"For your information, I won't be using her. Let's go, Queen!" She tossed the Pokeball forward, releasing her Trash Cloak Wormadam, Queen. The Bug/Steel-type Pokemon floated in midair and stared down the opposition.

Likewise, Uranus released her signature Pokemon, Froslass. The Ice/Ghost-type Pokemon immediately fired an Icy Wind at Queen, but the Wormadam dodged it quickly.

"Iron Head!" Dawn shouted.

Queen's dome began to glisten in the torched light as she pointed her frontward portion of her body towards the floor. Then she zipped at Froslass, slamming her Iron Head into Froslass abdomen and forcing her into a wall. Froslass wailed out in pain before sliding to the ground.

Uranus sneered and said, "No..."

Dawn grinned to herself and said, "Yes. I told you, I'm better than you think!"

-----

"Shh..." Roark shushed Diamond as they both hid behind a large rock formation deep with in the artificial cave. Up ahead of them was Neo Team Rocket, still drilling the cave.

They overheard a conversation between two male Grunts.

"So, how long before we get to the Pillar?"

"I dunno. They say they can't project a time."

"Y'know, I was think the other day: Why are we even a part of Neo Team Rocket? I mean, what's in it for us?"

"I never thought of it that way. It just seems like accomplishing something so big would be beneficial to our morale. I mean, we didn't have jobs before this and we're getting paid a heck load of money, so I'm in."

"Me too."

Roark shook his head and whispered to Diamond, "So stupid. They're getting paid for this mess?"

"I know." Diamond peeked up and saw Neptune slamming his fists into a nearby wall. Eventually, the drilled wall collapsed fully into a new cave as the Grunts, Pluto, and Neptune further advanced down the hall.

Neptune motioned all the Grunts to head through the cave, but something caught his interest behind the rock. He noticed a light source pointing at a nearby wall.

"You men go on ahead. I'll inspect the area before we leave." Neptune chuckled as he walked around slowly.

Diamond just noticed the light on Roark's helmet and immediately tried to shut it off, but it was too late. Neptune had grabbed Diamond by the neck and threw him into the wall, grinning.

"Harhar! Well if it isn't that one trainer! And a Gym Leader! A splendid treat."

Diamond rubbed his neck after he fell to the ground, "Argh."

"I'll show you what I do to those who invade Neo Team Rocket's privacy!" Neptune bellowed.

Roark ran from behind the rock to face Neptune, "And I'll show you what happens when you hurt a comrade of mines."

Each took out a PokeBall and stared each other down. Meanwhile, Diamond got back to his feet and creeped out of the cave, hustling after the remainder of Neo Team Rocket.

(Next: Chapter 64: VS. Froslass II! Part 2)

Last edited:

Lash

Years
Hey TK! Welcome back! Here is my review for this chapter.

Roark ran from behind the rock to face Neptune, "And I'll show you what happens when you hurt a comrade of mines."
I'm pretty sure 'mines' should be 'mines'. Minor error, no problem there. I also noticed another minor error.

At the top of the chapter post, since this is a new volume, you should have "Volume 6" bolded at the top, like you always have when you begin a new volume.

Ight, so, can't wait for the next chapter dude!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Hey TK! Welcome back! Here is my review for this chapter.

I'm pretty sure 'mines' should be 'mines'. Minor error, no problem there. I also noticed another minor error.

At the top of the chapter post, since this is a new volume, you should have "Volume 6" bolded at the top, like you always have when you begin a new volume.

Ight, so, can't wait for the next chapter dude!

Good eye, Lashy :). I could have sworn I re-read the whole chapter, ha. But it's alright. This week is going to be a chapters explosion week so be on the lookout for releases.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 64: VS. Froslass II! Part 2
dpffa478.png

"Pluto, ma'am, this remaining wall is approximately six and a half miles thick. We are almost completed with our drilling and we should be finished by the end of this day." One of the lead Grunts said to the Neo Team Rocket leader, "However, we must resharpen our drill head; it has gotten quite dull from the constant penetration."

"Do what is necessary," said Pluto, her cold, blind eyes staring at the wall to be drilled, "All that matters is that we are one step closer to my goal. My dream. I shall retrieve my grandfather from the time vortex!" Tears streamed down her pale cheeks and she quickly wiped them away. She placed her hands firmly on the cave wall and breathed heavily, calming down.

The Grunt stared at her back and bit his lip, "Yes ma'am. I'll inform the others."

Pluto coughed violently as she collapsed to her hands and knees, "Why... why have I been cursed with this blindness?" She stood slowly with the support of the wall, "What did I do to deserve this? All of these dreaded happenings? My father's disappearance... my condition... Volkner..." She turned around, pieces of her black hair appeared out of her cloak. She quickly tucked it behind her ear, "No. I cannot be found out. I would surely be looked down on upon. But I must do what I feel is right."

Pluto edged away from the crowd of Neo Team Rocket Grunts easily. She had learned to not stumble over objects by means of echolation. She was able to make a sound and detect where objects where, based off the audio reflection of it. When she knew that she was alone, she leaned against the wall and sighed.

"My grandfather's Puritan beliefs seemed to have been passed down to me. Everyone portrayed him as a cold person with no heart. In reality, he was a good man. A good man trying to do a good thing for his Pokemon. And now... they've trapped him in a time vortex? It's not right." Her brows furrowed, her face becoming angry, "I will not allow vanishing to be in vain."

Pluto cleaned her face, wiping the tears off her cheeks, "When all of this is over, people will learn to respect my family."

Unbeknown to Pluto, Diamond overheard her talking from the safety of the boulder he was hiding behind. It amazed him that Pluto was doing this all for her grandfather, who was apparently trapped in some sort of time vortex. Diamond turned over and rested his back on the boulder, breathing silently so that he would not be caught.

"I swear, I feel like I'm in an action movie. All of this suspense is killing me. I can't believe this..."

He peered from the other side of the boulder and noticed Neo Team Rocket using some sort of device to sharpen the drill. Other members were polishing the curvatures of the drill. A select few of others were refueling the drilling machine with oil.

"I've got to find some way to stop them from drilling. But that's impossible, stopping hundreds of people by yourself. Ugh. Even with my Pokemon, they most likely have thousands of Pokemon ready to banish me. Ugh."

So, all Diamond could do was wait. It was one of those times where Diamond could not concoct a plan to get himself out of this jam. Hopefully, Dawn and Roark could hurry up and help him.

-----

"Blizzard!"

"Flash Cannon!"

Queen and Froslass had just got finished exhanging body blows, causing both Pokemon to fall back a few feet from one another. Froslass opened her mouth widely before unleashing winter's fury from it. A harsh snowstorm charged at the Wormadam, sending it flying back. Queen's body was entirely covered in snow and she was slow to move. She was unsuccessful in getting off the Flash Cannon attack!

Uranus grinned to herself and said, "Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before we got the upperhand! Ice Beam!"

Froslass cupped her hands together, creating an orb of frozen energy. Queen's eyes widen as she tried to will herself to move, but she could only move slowly and gradually.

"No!" Dawn shouted as she tried to come up with a plan, "Ah. What would Diamond do in this situation?"

-----

"Verde, Power Whip! Tru, Water Pulse! Aves, Brave Bird! Kano, Lava Plume! Volt, Thunder! Gaia, Razor Leaf!"

Pearl's Carnivine floated up into the air, extending one of its leaves and slapping it against a tree bark of a tree outside of Verity Lakefront. As the tree was knocked over, Pearl's Lumineon doused the fallen tree in a spiral of rushing water. The force of the water swished the tree bark into the air and at the same time, Aves's flaming body slashed the bark into thirds. One log each fell to Kano, Volt, and Gaia. Kanye lifted his cannon like arms and fire molten lava at the bark. The lava enveloped the log, causing it to burn into ashes that disintegrated into thin air. Volt charged his entire body up and sent off a fierce Thunder onto the upcoming log, causing it to explode on contact with the lightning. Finally, Gaia sent off a fury of Razor Leaves from the bushes on his back. The leaves sliced and diced the log into as little as nothing as bits and pieces of wood shredded onto the ground.

Pearl sat there in his wheel chair, looking victorious, but still he had to accomplish something else. He had to stand up. All six of his Pokemon turned to face him as Pearl forced and willed himself to stand up. He applied pressure on the handles of the chair as his feet shivered onto the grass. His entire body shook violently as he tried to stand up. The strain and sweat could be seen on his face as he finally stood up with the support of the wheel chair. Breathing heavily now, Pearl let go of the handles of the chair, standing stiffly now.

"Ah... I did it. I did it!" Pearl shouted as he began to falter. Gaia quickly tumbled on over to him to help support Pearl to stand up. Pearl placed his hand on the Grotle's bush, "Thanks, Gaia. Ah..." He began to falter yet again, but maintained the ability to take a step forward, "Gotta get back in the game, guys. Can't let everyone else have all the fun, right? Argh."

Pearl's Pokemon surrounded him as they each watch the blond boy will himself to walk.

-----

In Sunyshore City...

"Ugh, when is she coming? We've been in Sunyshore seemingly forever." Gold complained, leaning against the boardwalk of the Sunyshore Port. He peered out into the bay and noticed some sort of rock formation that looked similar to a Munchlax, "Dude..."

Silver shook his head and said, "Be patient, Gold. Jasmine will arrive soon enough. I want to get back out there just as much as you do, but we have instruction from Johto to stay put and out of the Sinnoh PNC's operations for the time being." He clenched the railing of the boardwalk, "Johto is a long way from Sinnoh, by the way. Sinnoh is so far north."

"Yeah, we're not even used to seeing snow that much. Unless you were inside... Pryce's Gym." Crys commented, looking to Gold.

Gold bit his lip, shaking his head, "Sounds weird, but I miss the old guy. I wish there was some way he could return. But... he saved Pich and me." He mentioned Pich, his Pichu, "Never really got to thank him. I don't think he would appreciate what Neo Team Rocket is doing. Besides, it was all a big misunderstanding, what he did."

"Yeah," Crys nodded, "but there's no bringing him back now. It's.. impossible, Gold."

Gold shook his head, ignoring Crys's comment as the Johto trio continued to gaze at Pokemon Rock.

-----

Froslass's Ice Beam was fired at Queen. The Wormadam had just maintained her balance when she finally received instruction from Dawn.

"Psybeam!"

Queen created a colorful orb in front of her face and shoved her body forward, sending off a lustrous prism of colors at Froslass. The two beams met one another and sent off an explosion in the cave. The force of impact caused several rocks to crumble onto the ground.

Dawn looked up, "I forgot, we're on a mountain slope. Avalanches can happen." She looked to Uranus who too was looking at the ceiling, "Iron Head!"

Queen quickly sprang forward, clunking her steel dome on Froslass's and immediately knocking the caught-off-guard Pokemon out. Froslass's eyes were rolled to the back of her head.. Dawn immediately returned her Wormadam as she faced Uranus.

Uranus returned her Froslass, shaking her head, "I lost honorably, fair and square." She looked down at the ground and then at Dawn, "You... you and your friends. You constantly defeat us. How can I beat a part of this organization if I'm unsuccessful at helping? I'm consistently inconsistent. I am Uranus... no more." She ripped off the NTR logo off of her uniform chest and released it from the grasp.

The sticky decal slowly floated the ground before making a silent impact with the floor.

"I shall now be noted by my true name, Fantina of Hearthome City. I have a duty not only as a leader of a Gym, but a leader of this region. I have not fulfilled that duty since my arrival to Sinnoh. From this point on, I will do what's right and positive for the world." Fantina, now, looked at Dawn.

Dawn exchanged the look and said, "I'm glad... you've come to your sense, Fantina. You know, I've admired you from afar, in your Contests. I aspired to be like you, but seeing you with Neo Team Rocket made me bitter. But now that you have come to your senses, I have reidolized you."

"I idolize you as well, Dawn. Your determination to stop Neo Team Rocket was valiant. I'm afraid I cannot talk long. I have to return to Hearthome." Fantina turned her back and looked to the opening of the next tunnel, "Roark and Diamond went down there. If you wish to continue your journey, I suppose you had better be on your way."

Dawn smiled and nodded, "Yes. You're right! See you soon!" She sprinted down the tunnel. Fantina smiled confidently as she watched Dawn disappear into the tunnel.

(Next: Chapter 65: VS. Floatzel II! Part 1)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I think there is a bit of a problem for me.

For a second I was very confused at the beg. I thought Pearl was Damion name. But apperntly not.

Yeah, I posted somewhere WAY back when and acknowledged the name change.

Dawn WAS Pearl.
Pearl WAS Damion.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
How is this a manga in any sense of the word? 2 illustrations *that look like something for a splash page*, no panneling, no 'splash page'. Nothing. Though, it is a wonderful story.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
How is this a manga in any sense of the word? 2 illustrations *that look like something for a splash page*, no panneling, no 'splash page'. Nothing. Though, it is a wonderful story.

Yeah, wasn't thinking at the time when I used to title. It's an AU of the Pokemon Special Manga. But yeah, the name has stuck since last year so I don't plan on changing it. Thanks for the comment though.

EDIT: I'm considering reopening the proboards site to my fic with character profiles, just so that everyone can get an understanding about each of the characters. I haven't updated it since, I think Volume 2. XD, been lazzzzzy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
that would be cool Turtle king I lose track of what move pokemon know pluse on the trainer cards you can only show 6 pokemon 4 the characters and as some people know atleast 1 character has 7 pokemon.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
that would be cool Turtle king I lose track of what move pokemon know pluse on the trainer cards you can only show 6 pokemon 4 the characters and as some people know atleast 1 character has 7 pokemon.

Yep, I'm in the process of starting Diamond's today. It will be based on Serebii.net's format.

EDIT: Here's a preview for Diamond's Profile. Clickeh

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
Finally finished te story so far!!*stops running and pants very hard* I barely had time to read it but when I did have time I rushed the story to read it...I like it so far...Can't wait to read more!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
Hey! wow TurtleKing you've done an amazing job on Diamonds bio and I carn't wait for what your going to do with Pearl' and Dawn's.
Pluse can I just ask I was rereading some of your chapters and you say that Palmer is Pearl's brother in 1 chapter and his dad in the next,i know your not perfect and theirs more things that is somthing in 1 chapter and a diffrent thing in another could you conferm for me witch it is please.Im sorry to bring your mistakes up and I hope you don't take this question in the rong way.

thanx Penquin

Last edited:
Back