• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enter The Necro Region ~The Land Shrouded in Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    'K.

I noticed your request for Blaze, but like any original starter, they only have one ability. Besides, if you choose to evolve them, their abilities will come in handy :3

I'll get an OOC up, then we can start.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Oh, ok. I just put it in my SU because I thought I had too. Also... can Flareolf or it's evolved forms learn flamethrower?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I never noticed I didn't put Flamethrower in ><' But don't worry, I will allow TMs, but I will mention when they can be found throughout the RP. So yeah, it'll be able to learn Flamethrower :3

I'm gonna hope the OOC gets accepted, so...

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Ok, just wondering. Flamethrower is the best fire type move, so yeah ^^.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Well, I'm finally putting the first chapter up. The OOC isn't up yet, but I did post it, so look for it in the near future ;D

---

~Prologue~
    -Arrival in Garnetville-

Destination:

Gem Island
    Garnetville - "Where dreams are a small step away!"

Minimum Posts: 2-3
    Maximum Posts: 5 (though I highly doubt you need five to get from your starting point to Garnetville)

What to Do in Your Posts:
    -Get to Garnetville (not an option)
    -Wait outside Prof. Sinclair's lab (also not an option; you may be in the area and not exactly outside her lab)
    -Talk with People/Other RPers' characters

I will post my own character's arrival soon enough, so...

---

I waited patiently inside my lab. I noticed the helpers of mine scurrying about, looking for papers and other important files. I sat at my desk, and took out 13 accessories for the 13 Pokemon I was going to give out. I had received notice of about 10 people who were going to arrive, and I chose Pokemon that I believed matched each of their individual personalities. The accessories I had out were specifically for the Pokemon they were getting, and powered up whatever types the Pokemon may have. I waited, waited, waited. I hope they arrive soon...

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye was on the boat on his way to Garnetville to get his starter pokemon. He was leaning on the railway, staring at the sea wondering how his journey would turn out. I hope I get a awesome starter, Skye thought. He wondered about the other trainers who were going to be getting their starters. He thought back to his mom and dad, who were both great trainers when they were his age. He hoped he could be as strong as they were and make as many friends as they did on their journey... It also made him remember when he left Sunyshore City. He almost missed the ferry due to his mom hugging him for about 20 minutes and his dad saying goodbye to him. He continued to think of his parents and soon began to think of what his journey would turn out. Skye began to miss his parents, but he knew he would be able to see them later and show them all of his pokemon that he caught in the Necro region. Skye began to think of what kind of pokemon he'd catch during his journey. Then, Skye heard the intercom of the ferry say "Passengers, we are nearing Garnetville's port, please get ready to disembark...". He stared at the sea, beggining to see the port to Garnetville, where his journey would begin. Skye grinned while staring at the port. This is gonna be fun...! Skye thought.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    OoC: Wewt! My job begins now!

@Neku: Your post is going to have to be much longer than that :/ The rules state a needed four lines of text, but it's very easy to go above and beyond that. Edit please? :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    OOC: I knew that, but I had to do something, so I just posted it the way it was. I just edited it, so yeah. ^^

Flax

Bang.
    Years
    OOC:
    Username: Oh, I dunno.
    What You Would Like Us to Call You: Guy

Basic Character Info.:
    Name: Gear Akune (Gi-ya / A-Ku-Nei)
    Nicknames: Helmet Boy, Demon Arm (or Monster Arm) due to his "Magic Catch"
    Hometown and Region: Apparently born in Orre, Pyrite Town

More Detailed Character Info. 1 - Appearance:
    Appearance: https://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8365/picgearrv6.png

He's often known for his mischievous snake-like eyes. Gear is a little short for his age, having a height of 150 cm. His skin is actually a little pale in comparison to other people's skins.

Average Attire: After taking a look at the picture, I'll explain what color his clothes are. His shirt is mostly colorless, being grey and black mostly though around his arm area sleeve, the shirt is colored crimson red. As you can see, his pants is half white and black. His belt is grey, with the buckle being a bronze color (in the picture, my name's written on the buckle). His shoes are colored half white (upper) and red (bottom) with the zipper being yellow. (Terrible color description I know..)
    Formal Attire: Gear hates formality, though he wears a black tuxedo with a black fedora on rare occasions. He wears the fedora OVER his helmet, making him look silly. So much for formal.
    Attire for the Cold: Due to his unnatural stand against the cold, Gear wears his average attire even during a blizzard. However, he does change his footwear to brown winter boots, in order to move efficiently on snow.
    Accessories: Besides the red helmet and giant robotic arm, Gear is always seen wearing a red scarf. The robotic arm known as the "Magic Catch" has a green energy core (that crystal orb thing you see in the picture) located on the palm of the hand.

More Detailed Character Info. 2 - Personality:
    Dislikes: Girls, Sweets (Like candy)
    Strengths: Quick and Cunning, Decisive, Ridiculously powerful (due to Magic Catch)
    Weaknesses: Very Vain, Selfish, Irresponsible
    Personality: Depicted as an arrogant and somewhat apathetic wild boy, Gear's true and only goal is to overcome any and all challenges that he encounters. He has a notable devil-may-care personality, often ignoring the consequences of his actions and getting himself into trouble frequently. He is also known to let his arrogance get the better of him, becoming very lazy and careless when given the advantage (which seems a bit ironic if you think about it). His malelovent and mischevious nature makes him untrustworthy, but as hard as it is to trust Gear, he himself also struggles trusting others - in particular, Gear seems to dislike socializing with girls, often acting sexist with them. One of his worst character trait is that Gear possesses such a massive ego, so large that he'd even get into a brawl with everyone just to prove a point of his. He also hides his true feelings shamelessly by "purging" them through the process of tormenting others.

Though seen as somewhat antagonistic, Gear does possess some good traits. Though much to his dismay, he seems to have a soft side for girls despite his unexplained disliking for them. He will often, if not, always make a stand for them when needed to. Gear also seems to avoid violence, being sly and making logical decisions instead of just charging head-on just to create fights. Though he claims that this is to make things a bit more "challenging", he really seems to dislike fighting, perhaps because of his feared power.

Gear's view on Pokemon seems to be a little twisted due to his time spent with machinery and technology. He sees Pokemon more as man-made tools rather then living creatures, so he treats them horribly. Though this was when Gear was younger, his view on Pokemon has slightly changed over time. He now shows respect to Pokemon that seem formidable to him.

More Detailed Character Info. 3 - History:
    Family: Unknown
    Acquaintances:
    Professor Albert Genistein, age 78 (Inventor and researcher) - Met in an unknown region. Genistein was the one who gave Gear his helmet.

Dizzy, age 15 (Rival) - Gear's close friend. The two grew up together and became small-time crooks. Afterwards, the two seperated and took different paths. Currently, it seems Dizzy is in the Necro region - apart of Team Starlight. It was only a rumor of which Gear got ahold of.. Dizzy specializes in Bug-types.

Boomer, age 14 (Cousin) - Gear's cousin, who's coincidentally is the same age as him. Boomer acts and even looks identical to Gear, except Boomer doesn't have a robotic arm. He has a giant boomerang instead. Boomer developed a uncontrollable hatred for Pokemon and trainers, often stating on how "weak" and "worthless" they are. Boomer is much more violent and immature then Gear.

Mint, age 14 - A girl who Gear once knew. She appears to be the main reason why Gear dislikes girls so much..

Past: Raised in Orre. Homeless, Gear and his friend Dizzy roamed around the streets, often trying to find something to do in their spare times. Eventually the two became small-time crooks, pickpocketing off random strangers who pass by the two boys. The two continued committing these minor and petty crimes. Eventually, Dizzy became a con-artist who often attracted a small group of people, selling priceless junk for a fortune. Meanwhile, Gear steals several items from cheap stores - these items are usually the priceless junk Dizzy sells. The two boys eventually became "serious" in their criminal ways. Gear, having most of his time spent on either thievery and technology, eventually came up with a way to hack into people's PCs, stealing their Pokemon and any other valuable items. Using this technique, Dizzy was able to get his personal team of Bug Pokemon which he often used to rob houses in town. But after a while, both were ultimately caught afterwards. In his attempt to save himself, Dizzy fled using his Bug Pokemon and left Gear by himself. Frustrated over this sudden betrayal, Gear somewhat managed to escape from his town and became a wandering fugitive.

After three years of running away, Gear came across an old man named Genistein who needed to test out his latest experiment. After a short discussion between the two, Gear volunteered to test out Genistein's latest experiment - this is how he got the helmet. Gear quickly fled, taking the professor's helmet and headed off. He eventually left the Orre region as a stowaway, boarding a ship. On the ship, he discovered the Magic Catch. Being curious and mischievous, he decided to take it. Not being able to predict what would happen, the Magic Catch quickly wrapped itself around Gear's left arm as if it had a mind of it's own. And eversince, Gear has been seen with this arm, often being known as a monster - not that it bothered Gear anyway.

With the Magic Catch's abilties, Gear began travelling around the world as a lone wanderer, eventually forgeting that he was a fugitive. Though he continued commiting petty crimes, often in all the regions he's been, he was always seen making a small alliance with the region's criminal organization as a mercenary. At the end, he always ended up leaving them for his own personal and selfish reasons.

An year passes. During his travels, Gear eventually steals two interesting letters from a oblivious trainer. It was the letter from Sinclair, the invitation to the Necro region. After reading it, he threw the letters away - not caring much about this region. A few days after, he eventually heard rumors with mentionings about his friend Dizzy and that he was apparently seen in the Necro region. Concerned, Gear leaves and heads for the Necro region, making plans for his little "reunion" with Dizzy.

Other:
    Gear is equipped with a powerful utility device known as the "Magic Catch", a robotic arm that possesses several functions which have yet to be tested. The origin of the Magic Catch is unknown and it's rumored creator appears to be someone Gear once knew, although he himself doesn't quite remember who exactly. The Magic Catch now serves as Gear's left arm, as it is permanentaly attached to his arm, making the process of removal physically impossible. Taking the Magic Catch off would mean having to cut off Gear's arm as well. Of course, Gear doesn't seem to like this idea at all. He doesn't even seem to have any wish of removing the Magic Catch off his arm, seeing as how joyful he is with the Magic Catch's power. So far, the Magic Catch's known functions are:

- Enhances Gear's left arm strength, allowing him to pick up objects hundred times heavier then himself.
    - The hand part of the Magic Catch can extend from the forearm, making it a superior grappling hook.
    - The Magic Catch's primary function: It's ability to capture Pokemon by grabbing them with the Magic Catch. (Pokeballs need to be placed within the forearm part of the Magic Catch in order to capture Pokemon.)
    - Aside from Pokeballs, Objects can be placed inside the Magic Catch forearm part and can be used as ammo for shooting projectiles. Of course.. Some objects can't fit inside the forearm..
    - The Magic Catch appears to be indestructable, having no scratches or scrapes even though Gear has been using it recklessly for years.

Gear is also equipped with a helmet designed and created by a famous inventor "Professor Albert Genistein". This helmet stimulates Gear's brain and thinking capabilities, allowing him to remember things he wouldn't be able to recall normally (for example, being able to remember everything in a science textbook perfectly).

Gear's bloodtype is B. His birthday is October 11th. More of a meat eater, his favourite food is Sushi, though he also likes eating brown bread. He can't stand eating candy or any sweet food since he easily gets stomach aches for them. Also, he can't stand the taste of most sweets, perhaps being the "bitter" person he is right now..

Starter:
    Desired Starter: Roselia(?)
    Nickname: Farah
    Any Nature/Gender/Ability Preferences?: Sassy/Female/Ability doesn't really matter for me..
    Any Oddities?: It's colored roses are reversed, with red being on it's left and blue on it's right.

Edit - DONE!

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    In his appartment in Dewford Ryan had finishedpacking his rucksack with every thing he may need on his journey. He left the appartment on to the stairs that went down to the "Surf shop". The "Surf shop" used to sell surfboards but now Ryan rented it out it was a cafe. The back door wasn't locked so Ryan left that way and walked along the beach to the warf, where he sat down in the sand and looked out into the sunrise.

The boat arived around 10 minuets later and only took an hour to get to Slateport. Ryan went to a cafe to get some breakfast and then to the dock to cacth his ferrie.

King!

better
    Years
    Warden: Well, its short, but I can understand why. For now, your off the hook but please make the next post longer:)

OOC: Am I doind an okay job? Sorry, I hypervenilate:)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Neku I understand why posts are short for this Prologue, because there isn't much to do here. Nevertheless, it was a good post, but could use some bulking up. You could possibly edit to detail your character first getting to Garnetville, and describe things in more detail.
    Warden Again, the same thing with you that is with Neku. A good post, but could also use some bulking up. I noticed a few spelling errors reading through, so you might want to type it in a program such as Mircosoft Word that will catch your mistakes.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    It had been a hard day for Ash. Those hugs from her parents and those stalking memories-- the reasons she was leaving-- split into her hard as those last few squeezes from her parents went away. She finally let go of both of them and gave them each a kiss on the cheek before turning around and walking on the boat.

She wasn't ashamed to leave, but it was still hard. Much had happened to her recently that made her want to leave. First, her brother, one of her best friends, left home finally to go on a journey of his own. Ash knew it was about time he left, but it left her in a state of depression. Shortly after, her rebellious little brother, Eddie, ran away and left no sign of where he was or where he was going. That didn't help the situation much. Stuck in the city-- stuck in school with all those memories, those hardships tore at Ash everyday. Police officers were at her home, and her both her brother's rooms were empty to remind her everyday.

Her parent's understood the situation and didn't try to stop her when she demanded that she wanted to go on a journey to get away from the pain. As Ash thought about it, she realized that this was probably harder for them than herself. They were losing three kids so suddenly. Ash quickly turned around to look at both her parents for one last time. They slowly got smaller and smaller as the boat drifted more into the ocean.

She was leaving at last...

Destination: Necro Region. Estimated Arrival Time: Five Days.

Well, here we go, Ash thought as she searched for her room. Her heart was pounding like crazy out of her chest. From what? Was she excited- scared? She really didn't know herself.

It was growing dark by the time Ash was completely settled in her small room. It was small and simple, with nothing more than a bed and a dresser in it. It was good enough to last for the lengthy journey. Ash tried to stay as neat as possible, laying her bag gently next to the dresser and stacking the books she had borrowed from some library located on the ship neatly on the bed. With no tv, Ash had to find some other way to entertain herself. The ship was too small to have any sort of gym or anything either. Books were her best option.

Ash decided to go outside for a bit to watch the sun go down before heading off for dinner. The boat was completely out in the ocean now, so Ash could hear the waves gently brush on it. A few Wingull's here and there were spectacularly flying over the glittering ocean.

"It's pretty, isn't it?"

"Huh?" Ash looked over to her side to see a boy her age standing next by. He smiled weakly at the ocean; his spiky black hair blowing in the salty wind. He was wearing a casual button up shirt, with half of them undone. He looked quite confident with his golden colored eyes.

"Ye- yeah, it is," Ash responded. "Most gorgeous sight I've ever seen."

The boy turned around to look at her. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," he laughed. He held out a hand. "I'm Kai.

"Ash."

It was quiet for a moment as the two looked at the scene a little more. Ash blushed slightly, her heart beating like crazy. She had no idea what to say next.

"...So, I'm guessing you're going to the Necro Region too," Kai finally said as he looked at Ash again. She nodded slowly. He grinned as the sun finally went away and was replaced with darkness and the evening stars. "Well, I'm going to my room for the night. Hopefully I'll get to see you again."

"Yeah, maybe..." Ash mumbled. She watched Kai disappear into the darkness before heading off to the kitchen herself. Ash hoped she would see him again...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Dark_Link 12 Good representation of you chracaters emotions, and good length. I didn't see spelling errors by just reading it, and I only noticed one grammatical errorL

"I'm Kai.
    Should have been
    "I'm Kai,"
    but I can tell that was just a typo. All in all, it was a great post.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Keh, well... Yeah, thanks Symph and Lime. But yeah, those posts need to be much longer. Dark_Link's is definitely fine (I don't think a minor grammatical error like that is too bad ><' If many grammatical errors occured quite often, I'd be a bit more worried).

Oh, and Flax... I can tell you'll be Accepted. So take your time finishing it ><'

Anyhow...

I need to get to posting Cierra's debut.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Skye stepped on the port and took a breath of fresh air. He grinned and thought So this is Garnetville, where my journey will begin... Alright! Skye walked to the middle of the town, and took the sites in of the first town of the Necro region. It doesn't look like the other trainers are here yet... Skye thought. He decided to walk around Garnetville for a bit to pass the time.

He talked to the locals for a bit and continued to wander around in the small town. I wonder what the other towns and cities will be like... He felt a cool breeze while he continued to walk around. He scratched the back of his head thinking, Alright...where's the lab again...? It's supposed to be the biggest builing, right...?

Skye looked around for the lab, forgetting that he had a map on the invitation that he had been given... He wandered around aimlessly, with no sense of direction. Skye stared nowehere in particular thinking only one word... Crap....

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Neku: I still think you could do better with the posts. Although it does meet the RP post requirements, I'd prefer if you did at least two paragraphs. But anyways...

---

Ecruteak. A calm, nostalgic city filled with an ominous feeling. Many tourists came to this historical town each day, some came to battle the town's gym leader, others came to tour the Burned and Tin Towers. There were even some that came to see the Kimono Girls put on a performance. Nonetheless, Ecruteak was a stunning city, very popular among many despite its simple appearance.

The gym leader went by Morty, and if one could tell by his name, he used Ghost-type Pokemon. Generally, any single-type Ghost Pokemon only had two weaknesses, Pokemon like Gastly and its evolution line had a weakness against Psychic types, and even Ground types if one found a way to deprive the evolutionary chain from its Levitate ability. Morty knew much about Ghost Pokemon, and also tutored others in his gym.

One of his many fine students was a young woman by the name of Cierra. As a girl, Cierra always had an interest in the Wicca style of ways, and ever since then took up the opportunity to become a full-fledged Wiccan. Overtime, she grew to love many types of Pokemon that fell under the "dark" or "psychic" categories, along with Fire and Ice types. However, due to an incident that occured many years back, Cierra had taken a disliking to any boy, Morty disincluded. She preferred not to talk about it, but would occasionally bring it up when she felt it was important.

It was only recently that Cierra had received a letter from a mysterious Professor Sinclair. She took it to Morty, who told her it was of no concern. Besides being a gym leader, Morty was an acclaimed "all-seer", so many went to him for help. A while later, Cierra received another letter from the same person, this time warning her of the problems the region she was invited to was facing. Cierra looked at the letters over and over again, but couldn't figure out what to do. Was this what she really wanted?

In the morning, Morty received a knock on his bedroom door (which was in the gym in case an early challenger came along). Opening it, he found Cierra. After a few exchanges in the conversation, Morty seemed to sigh, and told Cierra that she should do what she felt was best. No doubt were they talking about the letters. Cierra nodded, gave Morty a quick hug goodbye, and dashed out. To get to this region, she decided, was to go on the S.S. Aqua, which was situated in Olivine. Fortunately, the trip wouldn't be that long, and she actually heard that the S.S. Aqua recently went global. Garnetville, huh? I can't wait!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    The journey was okay, actually. Ash spent her few days aboard the boat doing various things, most of it being trapped in her room reading and writing random stuff. Ash guessed she could call it notes. The books she had borrowed were all about Pokemon, of course. Some of was information, but some of it was actual stories, legends of trainers and pokemon alike. Ash could clearly remember one story she read in one of the various books. It was about a mythical creature that was said to be the watcher of all the seas-- its protector.

Ash couldn't contact any of her family during the whole journey. She hadn't been able to contact her older brother since he left, but their just wasn't any phones to get through to her parents on the boat. Her made her feel a little homesick already after only being on a boat for a few days. She wasn't even in the Necro region yet. Ash really wondered if she would be able to make it.

Now and then till the end of the trip, Ash spotted Kai here and there in random places, but they didn't have another conversation. Kai occasionally grinned at her with a heart-filled smile, and then walked off somewhere else. It made Ash just a little more curious who he really was and why he had a particular interest in her, but she wasn't about to go ask any questions. She would just return a smile and continue on her way as well.

Finally, after five days like predicted, the boat stopped for the first time in a while. Ash picked up her bag and left her room for the last time, leaving the books on the bed for someone to pick up. She had smuggled a special book in her bag to bring on her journeys. It was a book that had a lot of meaning to her and everything she thought about. All Ash hoped was that nobody would catch her. It would be bad to get thrown in jail or taken back to Hoenn over a stupid book being taken.

Everything was just plain instruction from then on. Some of the people aboard the boat, mainly adults, left on their own to do what they planned to do in the region. The only people who were left were the beginning trainers for the region. They were all escorted to the starting town where they would meet the professor.

After a few days, they arrived in the town and were taken to the lab, a large gorgeous building in the middle of a pleasant town.

"Wow, I can't believe it's already time."

It was Kai again. He was standing next to the building with his arms crossed over his chest, He had a large, brown bag slung over his shoulder and the same clothes on as before when Ash had met him on the boat. He was smiling, apparantly excited about going inside.

Ash gulped. "I've been waiting to go on a journey of my own for a while. I wonder what will happen?"

Kai shrugged and unlocked his arms, letting them swing to his sides. "Dunno, guess we just have to wait and see, huh?"

"I guess..." Ash replied. She looked up at the building with her heart pounding out of her chest. What could possibly happen?

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Mal stood in the cold wind, waiting for the ship to finally appear. He had been waiting at the Olivine docks for a few hours now. The town was busy today, despite what little there was to do. Multiple trainers faced off against the town's gym leader, Jasmine, all but one losing. Tons of tourist were travelling to the lighthouse and there were atleast ten other people waiting for the ship with him.

Come on! he thought. As though it had heard him, the boat appeared in the horizon, inching closer and closer. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths as the ship finally arrived. His eyes flicked open and he picked up his luggage, looking back at what he was leaving behind. He smiled and turned away.

I'll miss you, mom...

~*~

He threw his heavy bag to floor and lie down on his bed. He pulled out a book, is sister's favorite, and held it close. He flipped through the pages. He put it back in his bag and closed his eyes.

"Attention passengers!"A booming, manly voice spoke through the intercom. "We will be arriving in the Necro Region in approximately three days. And please remember to have fun!"

"Yeah..." Mal said to himself. "Have fun..."

Mal jumped out of bed and searched through his belongings and found his wallet. He turned off the lights and headed for the game area.

OOC: Short, but I have little to no creativity after school... D:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back