• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon on gamecube

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They are called Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - the latter being the sequel to the first (set five years afterwards). If you're interested... https://www.serebii.net/colosseum/scenario.shtml - Colosseum - a rough summery, and XD: https://www.serebii.net/xd. There are more links on the right btw on more detailed aspects.

Basically - both games are set in the Orre region (XD's has a few more places though), which is pretty much a run-down region for a large part - great stretches of desert, little in the way of wild Pokemon, and so forth. As a result - there are no routes or the such.

In this game as well, there are Shadow Pokemon - Pokemon gone bad, which you can steal from the trainers they belong to (which is how you expand your team).

The game mechanics are practically the same as the handheld games or Stadium/PBR, only this time there's an actual storyline to it (and less in the way of stadiums and colosseums and what-not). They do differ from the main handheld games (such as the lack of routes and all and inclusion of Shadow Pokemon), and the games are noticeable darker than the other games.

Whether you'd like them is hard to say, really - personally, I liked both of them. Nice storyline, many interesting characters (Colo's protagonist is made of awesome, and isn't some random kid - no, a teenager this time), and so forth. There are a fair few Pokemon to get as well which are hard to otherwise, like the Johto starters, and Colosseum's legendary 2nd-gen beasts and Ho-oh (after completely beating the game and then doing a challenge), while XD comes with the Kanto legendary birds and Lugia. Many Pokemon in XD also come with rare moves, or moves that they won't have any other way - for instance. Togepi with Tri Attack can only come from XD. However they could have improved aspects of the games (for instance, if you look the plot comes with a lovely set of plotholes). >_< Not perfect by any means.

I'd say though that it's not a bad idea to pick one up to try, to see if you like it - chances are you probably will, imo, but there's no gurantee for these kinds of things. If you can find one cheap (some game stores might sell old/used copies, and there's always the internet), then you'll need a Gamecube (or a Wii), a Gamecube memory card, and if you intend to trade Pokemon to the 3rd gen handheld games, you'll need a GBA-GCN cable as well (it works on the Wii, and you can't trade using the DS and 4th-gen games - has to be the 3rd gen games and a GBA or something like that.).

If you do go for them, I'd suggest Colosseum first (as it happens first) - not terribly important but something to consider anyway. XD has more content though, if you only intend to get one of them for some reason... but both have the awesome character Miror B - another postive the games have, and a guy made of awesome. =P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Channel is a game that was similar to one called 'Hey You, Pikachu!', only apparently it was better than it? Never played it, but involves you controlling a Pokemon-based TV station. Spinoff game really - no battling or anything, I don't believe.

And Pokemon Box is basiaclly just an additional storage system for your Pokemon - kinda like what Ranch, only without the graphics Ranch uses and now is kinda out of date. =/

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
    Years
    I completly recommand both of them for. Collesuem was (In my opinion) a lot harder, but, you could get all Johto 2nd evoulution starters and you could get some other cool pokemon.
    XD Gale of Darkness was a lot easier (in my opinion) and there were TONS more pokemon to get in that game.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Colosseum was way harder of just the fact that the Shadow Pokémon was harder to purify.

XD Gale of Darkness is mad easy, in my opinion, but I recommend that you get both, but play Colosseum first to understand the story.

Back