• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sinnoh Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Neiko Star - That was a nice and simple post.
    You received 5 Poke Balls!

Dutchesse - No, I'm not.

Wolfwhispers - Another short and sweet post. =)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    When the Pokedex stopped shaking and the button turned white, a smile crossed Selena's face. Turtwig looked down at it as Selena walked over and picked it up. I grinned, her teeth shining in the sun. Looking down at Turtwig, Selena noticed that Turtwig seemed exhausted. She put Starly's Pokeball on my belt and took off Turtwig's. Recalling her to her Pokeball, Selena continued down the path. Finally seeing Sandgem ahead, she sighed unbelievingly. It was a good journey so far and Selena decided that she should say goodbye to her family and friends before heading off to Jubilife City.

First walking to the Pokemon center, Selena gave my Pokemon's Pokeballs to Nurse Joy and exited the revolving doors.

"Selena," Quickly turning her head, Selena saw one of her softball friends running up to her, a Roserade at her side. It was carrying a softball on top of one of its flower hands and on top of its white, rosy hair was a baseball cap reading "The Staraptors." The girl had another cap, but it had the same logo. Long, blonde hair flowed down her shoulders and over a softball uniform.

Selena's Pokedex rang.

The Sinnoh Quest

"Roserade, the Bouquet Pokemon. It attracts prey with its sweet aroma. Then downs it with the thorns hidden in its arms." The Pokedex stated.

Selena smiled. "Hey Kier," she said warmly. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah," Kiersten laughed. "It's been so long. Roserade and I were just passing through, playing a few softball games here and there," Selena nodded, still smiling. "Hey, don't you have Pokemon?"

Selena blinked. "Uh, yeah," she said. "I just caught a Starly."

"Just a Starly?" Kiersten asked.

"Naw," Selena shook her head. "A Turtwig, too."

Kiersten smiled widely. "Nice," she commented. "How 'bout a battle, then? Your Pokemon against mine."

Selena smiled and nodded.

After getting back her Pokemon from Nurse Joy, Selena walked with Kiersten to a nearby battle field. Kiersten didn't have her Roserade at her side; she had returned it to its Pokeball for a small rest. "So," Selena began. "What Pokemon do you have? How many do you have?"

Kiersten just laughed. "Three," she said. "Remember, I'm picky about Pokemon."

"Ah, true," Selena nodded. When they got to the field, the two friends went to opposite sides. Kiersten already had a Pokeball in her hand. It had a sticker on it but Selena couldn't make out what it was.

"Pick your Pokemon," Kiersten said across the field.

Selena nodded. Quickly thinking over her choices, which wasn't hard, she thought it would be good for Starly to get some experience. Grabbing Starly's Pokeball off her belt, she looked at the shiny polish on the ball, then threw it up. In a flash of white light, the black and white bird Pokemon appeared. It shouted its name excitedly while it flapped its wings in the air, picking up dirt off the ground below it.

Kiersten smirked and threw the Pokeball in her hand. In a flash of bright light, a pink, white, and black Pokemon appeared. Its skin was pink and black, while the fur-like cotton on its head and neck was white. "Flaaffy," it baaed.

The Sinnoh Quest

"Flaaffy, the Wool Pokemon," my Pokedex began. "If its coat becomes fully charged, its tail lights up. It fires hair that zaps on impact."

"I knew you would pick Starly, so I just picked Flaaffy," Kiersten said, placing her hands on her hips.

"I-I didn't know you had a Flaaffy," Selena said.

"Oh, yeah," Kiersten said, placing a finger on her chin. "Picked it up back in Enterna City. Quite a powerful little Pokemon, too."

"Star, starly," Selena's bird Pokemon shouted.

"Oh, right," Kiersten stood clearing her throat. "Flaaffy, use Thunderbolt." The little pink Pokemon put its front two hands together and the blue orb on its tail started to glow a bright yellow.

"Flaa," it said as electricity pulsed into a ball between its hands. Then it thrust the energy ball forward, straight at Starly.

"Dodge it, Starly," Selena said. Starly flapped its hand and quickly flew out of the way of the electricity ball, but a spark of it zapped Starly's tail.

"Star!" the little bird cooed painfully.

"You alright, Starly?" Selena asked as the black and white bird flew around and faced Flaaffy again.

"Star," Starly nodded.

"Hmph, not for long," Kiersten said. "Again, Flaaffy." The Flaaffy put its hands together and its tail once again lit up.

"Flaaaaaa," it said as a bigger electric ball formed between its hands. Then it launched the ball up at Starly while shouting, "Feyyyy!"

"Dodge it!" Selena shouted to Starly. Starly flapped its wings and flew up, but it wasn't enough. The fast energy ball hit the bottom of Starly's stomach.

"Lyyy!" Starly cried as it flew down and hit the ground. "Reee," it whimpered as it tried to lift its wings up. But when it failed, it slumped.

"Starly," Selena whispered.

"Heh," Kiersten said. "Not a strong Pokemon. I would release it if I was you."

Selena pulled out Starly's Pokeball and pointed it in the direction of the fainted bird. The button on the front lit up and a transparent red light zapped out and engulfed Starly, transporting it back into its Pokeball. "I'll raise it to be stronger," Selena said, replacing Starly's Pokeball with Turtwig's.

Kiersten quickly returned Flaaffy to its Pokeball and took out another Pokeball. "A waste of time," Kiersten said. "Roserade, you're up next," With a flash of light, Kiersten's powerful partner appeared, ready for battle.

I pulled up Turtwig's Pokeball. "Alright Turtwig," Selena said. "Go," Throwing up the Pokeball, a white light exploded from it and Turtwig appeared on the ground.

"Roser," Kiersten's Roserade laughed. "Ade."

"Tur," Turtwig said back.

"Alright," Kiersten said. "Let's get this started. Use Poison Sting." Roserade nodded and lifted its right flower. It started to glow a bright purple and out shot several purple spikes at Turtwig.

"Dodge," Selena shouted to Turtwig. Quickly, Turtwig lowered its body and leapt away from the oncoming spikes. "Tackle, now," Turtwig nodded and ran at Roserade. Roserade lifted its flowers as a shield as Turtwig ran into it. With Turtwig's force, the Roserade was pushed backwards.

"That thing's strong," Kiersten said crossing her hands across her chest. "Use Hidden Power," The Roserade's flower hands started to glow bright silver and it pushed its hands forward, knocking Turtwig backwards. Then it thrust its claws forward, pushing the silver beam at Turtwig.

"Tur?" Selena's Turtwig said, shocked as the light engulfed her.

"Turtwig," Selena yelled. When the light cleared and Roserade placed its hands at its side, Turtwig was laying on the ground, totally unconscious. Selena ran up to her unconscious Pokemon and scooped her up in her arms. Kiersten had already walked up to her Roserade and handed it its hat which it firmly placed on its head.

"That one wasn't strong either," Kiersten mused. Roserade laughed at her side.

"Kier," Selena started a hiss to her voice. "You've gotten very weird and mean since I've seen you."

Kier pulled up her hands quickly and then let them drop to her sides. "We all change, Selena," she chuckled. "You'll see. Come along, Roserade." With that Kier walked off.

After bringing my Pokemon to the Pokemon Center and healing them, I headed off to my parents' house. Saying a goodbye to them, Selena headed off to the next route, leaving Sandgem Town behind...

(OOC: Just wanted to state that Kiersten will be Selena's rival.)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Royal - Ah, the inevitable lose of the first rival battle. I noticed your still having a bit of trouble with first and third person perspective, but I'll let it slide because that was a very good battle... even though Selena lost.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    OOC: My longest post ever! Eight MS Word pages xD

Lance dragged Piplup by the neck and kept on walking. Lance was seriously getting annoyed with Piplup. Piplup kept whining and moaning her feet where probably hurting already. But Lance would take none of Piplup's weakling nonsense. Lance was heading towards Sandgem Town; where he would receive his Pokeballs and make his journey a lot easier and quicker.

Now being quicker that sure was something that Lance wanted. Lance could tell that they were getting ever closer to Sandgem Town. Sandgem Town was a little town and had a lot of sand. Lance had been told this be his parents not long ago. Then suddenly a man walked up to Lance and began to chat to him.

"Hey would you like a free sample of this Potion young laddie? Asked the man; he was obviously directing this to Lance. He then held out the sample and waited for Lance's reply. Lance took a few brief seconds to look at the man before he began to think of his response to the question that had been asked. Lance had decided that from now on his was going to think thing through before he did them.

"Leave me alone," said Lance, Lance did not want this man to be giving him strange substances. Lance began to push the man away. But the man resisted this urge and stood his ground. Piplup then ran over and punched the man in the foot. He was hurt and started to hop around on just the one leg.

Lance then looked and the man and turned around. The man then touched Lance on the shoulder in another attempt to get him to take the sample. Lance turned around and smashed a quick punch into the face of the giving man. The man was instantly floored and a stream of blood began to flow from his nose. Lance began to walk off. The man learned from his mistakes and moved off in the other direction looking for another taker and of course medical help.

After just a bit more walking the pair of Lance and his penguin were almost at Sandgem Town. But before they were through the gates Lance noticed soon swelling on his middle knuckle. He tensed his hand then winced in pain. He instantly knew that his knuckle was broken. Lance had been in many fights and was used to this feeling so carried on without a care in the world. Soon they were in Sandgem Town.

Lance and Piplup walked into the rather small town. Lance examined his surroundings. There were beautiful trees, lovely flowers, a few houses, a small laboratory, a Poké Center, Poké Mart and of course loads of sand. Yes this small town lived up to its name. The sand was its most well known feature and Lance instantly spotted this.

He began to walk towards the Poké Center. He had decided that if this journey was to be successful he needed to heal Piplup or she would faint and muck up the journey completely. Lance began to head to the red topped building. Lance noticed that Piplup was straggling behind so he picked her up by the scruff of the neck and moved towards the red topped building at an even quicker pace.

Lance and Piplup walked into the building. Lance noticed some beds and a few Pokémon lying in them. Lance then walked up to the counter which had a small bell and a sign labelled 'Receptionist'. Lance knew that someone was about yet he couldn't see them. Lance reached out and gently pressed the bell on the desk; but still he had no answer. So he smashed his hand down and rung the bell multiple times. This caused a few complaints from the other patients.

But this debateable technique had worked out for Lance; a small pink haired lady came running from a back room. She had a small pin badge that was labelled 'Nurse Joy'. Lance stared at her before lifting Piplup to the desk. Lance saw that the woman had a rather large frown upon her face.

Lance once again put in a rather cold stare at the woman. She put on a small false smile and picked up Lance's Piplup. She took Piplup into another room and Lance assumed that she was healing his Pokémon. And Lance was right in the other room she was cleaning up Piplup. She was cleaning all her cuts and bruises and feeding her lots of berries.

Not too long later Nurse Joy emerged from the other room. She was carrying Piplup and was cuddling her. Nurse Joy was making Piplup laugh by blowing raspberries on her little blue belly. Lance disapproved of anything that would make Piplup happy. Lance bared his teeth at Nurse Joy and she instantly handed over Piplup and walked off.

Lance picked up Piplup and swung her over his shoulder. He then walked towards the door of the Poké Center. He reached out his hand and slowly but surely pushed the door open. Lance then walked out and back into the streets of Sandgem Town. Piplup kept shun on his shoulder; she sure didn't want to anger him at the moment.

Lance then noticed the laboratory and remembered that he needed to go there and collect his Pokéballs. He needed to receive them from Professor Rowan's assistant. Lance walked onto the sandy path and headed over to the part wooden building.

Lance was finally at the building. He moved his hand towards the door and pushed his hand on to the door. He clasped the wooden handle then pushed the door open. He walked in and noticed at how vast the building was. He then walked around for a bit before deciding on what to do.

Lance was still walking around and looking for Professor Rowan's assistant when he noticed that there were around five Pokéballs on a nearby table. But there was no assistant. Lance walked over to the tables where the Pokéballs were laid out. Lance assumed these balls were meant for him anyways. So Lance reached out his hand and one at a time picked up the five Pokéballs and placed them in his pockets.

Lance then chucked Piplup on the floor and waited for her to get up. When she scrambled back to her feet she moved until she was stood next to Lance. Lance then slapped her round the head then walked on; he paid no attention to the fact that Piplup was holding her head in hurt.

Lance walked on and towards the front door. He held out his hand and clasped the door handle. He twisted it before pushing the door open. He then proceeded to walk out of the lab; and of course Piplup followed him. As he walked out into the small town he felt a chilly breeze pass him by

Lance knew that he couldn't go back to Twinleaf Town or his journey would be deemed unworthy. So Lance decided his only way out was to leave the town out of the other exit and head towards the next route and of course the vast Jubilife City. Lance then began to head towards the exit in the top right corner of the city.

As Lance was heading towards the exit Piplup was of course whining and moaning about how her feet hurt. So Lance picked her up and lifted her upon his shoulders. Now Lance was to give her a shoulder ride to Jubilife City. As Lance was heading out of Sandgem a boy in a blue jacket came running towards him from the direction that Lance was heading to.

As he came running towards Lance he began to pick up pace. Lance was always willing to hurt someone new. So as the lad began to come nearer Lance began to hatch a plan. And when he was close enough Lance stuck out a leg. The two legs of the boy and the one of Lance clashed. This clash was enough to trip the lad over and knock him to the floor.

Lance burst out laughing and began to laugh harder when he noticed the state of the other boy. He noticed this when the boy turned around and he was covered in dirt and there was gravel in his mouth and he had ripped his trousers. There was quite a lot of blood mostly coming from his knees and from his two big fat lips.

"Oi you; I'm angry now so we are battling right here right now!" Screamed the boy as he got up; you could tell that he was angry and his face was red with anger. As he got up he clenched his fist and grabbed a Pokéball from his waist. He was ready to battle Lance.

"Yeah whatever little kid; I'll dispatch you then get on my way to Jubilife City!" Proclaimed Lance; he placed Piplup on the floor and put one foot forward. He was ushering for the young lad to make the first move. Lance was also showing that he was ready and that Piplup would be his choice.

"Okay then I'll start this off go Turtwig!" Screamed the young boy; he dispatched a Pokéball from his hand and chucked it in the air. With a bright flash a little green turtle Pokémon emerged from the half red half white ball. Lance had never seen this Pokémon before so he whipped out his Pokédex and scanned the turtle like Pokémon.

Turtwig
    The Sinnoh Quest

The tiny leaf Pokémon, it evolves into Grotle. Along with Chimchar and Piplup it is one of the three traditional starting Pokémon given out in the region of Sinnoh. The shell on its back is made of soil. On a very healthy Turtwig, the shell should feel moist.

"Okay then even though we have a disadvantage it's Piplup time!" Lance had nerves in his voice because he knew this would be a tough battle for him and Piplup. As Lance commanded Piplup she jumped from his side and held out her fists; she really wanted to impress Lance and what better way than a victory against a Pokémon with an advantage!

"Alright then; Turtwig use Razor Leaf to take out this pipsqueak!" Commanded the lad to his green turtle like Pokémon; Turtwig pulled back its head and flicked its neck and fired multiple leaves towards Piplup. The leaves twisted in midair picking up pace as they headed towards Piplup.

"Piplup use Pound on every single leaf so you can stop them from hitting you!" Lance smiled as he uttered this command. This command was using an attack to be defensive something that could be very effective and occasion. As all the leaves homed in on Piplup she jumped up in the air and pounded all the leaves to the floor; leaving herself unharmed.

"Now Piplup try using Bubble at Turtwig's feet;" said Lance he had came up with a strategy and now he was going to try to take advantage of it. Piplup opened her mouth and let loose a few bubbles and they were headed towards Turtwig's feet. These bubbles weren't going that fast and they weren't many of them. This move was at a disadvantage so even if it connected it wouldn't cause much damage.

"Turtwig use Withdraw to deflect all the bubbles away!" The young boy had a red beret on as well. He then stayed cool and calm when he commanded Turtwig's next move. Turtwig then hardened his shell and pulled his and feet and head inside his shell. As the bubbles hit Turtwig's shell they all popped. Turtwig then came out of its shell and was acting as if it was unharmed.

"Now Piplup while Turtwig is distracted run up and use Pound!" Piplup reacted to Lance's command by running towards Turtwig. Turtwig just stared at Piplup he was now a sitting duck. When Piplup was close enough she held out her fist and jumped out in the air. As she came down she smashed her fist into Turtwig's face and knocked Turtwig to the floor.

"Turtwig get up buddy then try using Tackle!" Commanded the kid with a red beret and a blue jacket; Turtwig then jumped up off the floor and calmly landed on all four feet he then readied himself to attack Piplup. Turtwig then began to run towards Piplup in an attempt to smash into her.

"Piplup when he's close enough use Bubble right in Turtwig's face!" As Turtwig came running towards Piplup he jumped up in the air and now he was positioned right in front of Piplup. Piplup then opened her mouth and rapidly fired a few bubbles right at Turtwig's face. Turtwig fell to the floor with a thud but it wasn't long before the turtle Pokémon was up and ready.

"Turtwig use Energy Ball!" Commanded the lad; he said this in a confident manner as if he thought this move would be the one that won this battle. Turtwig opened his mouth and some green particles came out. After a few seconds all the particles had made a large green ball. Turtwig then blew it towards Piplup.

"Piplup use Bubble to put it out!" Commanded Lance to Piplup he really needed to find an out for this. Energy Ball was a grass move and a strong one of which. This meant that if this hit Piplup this could be over. As the ball moved towards Piplup she opened her mouth and fired multiple bubbles at the ball. When all the bubbles hit the ball they did nothing to stop it and the ball progressed past the bubbles with no trouble at all. The ball smashed into Piplup knocking the little penguin Pokémon to the floor. Eventually she got back to her feet but she had scratches and the likes all over her.

"Turtwig great work buddy now try using Razor Leaf!" Commanded the trainer to his Turtwig; this battle could be over soon and he was trying to make it happen. Turtwig took one step back and put forward his front foot. He then twisted his head and out he sent multiple leaves flying in a twisting motion towards Lance's Piplup.

"Piplup do the same as before. Use Pound on every leaf;" said Lance to his partner Pokémon. As the leaves came flying towards Piplup she readied herself to destroy the leaves. She put one foot forwards and clenched her fists and put them in front of her face ready to hit the leaves. When the leaves were close enough Piplup jumped up and punched all the leaves individually knocking them all to the floor and saving her skin yet again.

"Okay Piplup now use Bubble!" Commanded Lance as he uttered this command he did something he hadn't previously done to Piplup; he had smiled at her. Piplup looked confused before she smiled back and began to complete the request he had given her. Piplup then opened up her mouth and fired a load of bubbles towards Turtwig. The bubbles were a little faster than normal and they all connected with Turtwig; knocking the little turtle Pokémon to the floor.

"Fantastic now Piplup finish this by using Pound!" Asked Lance; he was asking Piplup to finish this battle for him. Piplup held out her fist and ran towards Turtwig. Turtwig just gawped and stared and Piplup. He closed his eyes and waited for the connection. Piplup pulled back her fist then swung it into Turtwig's face smashing him into the floor.

Turtwig momentarily laid on the floor for a matter of minutes; his eyes were shut which worried the red bereted boy. After the few minutes where Turtwig was laid out his eyes opened and all that could be seen was a black cross in each eye. Turtwig was out for the count.

"Return Turtwig. Well this isn't over yet I have one more Pokémon left. But before we do that let's get acquainted my name is Lucas what is yours?" Said Lucas; he was both asking a question and returning his Pokémon. He held out Turtwig's Pokéball and with a red flash Turtwig was returned to his Pokéball.

"I'm Lance. And now let's keep going with our battle before me and Piplup lose our momentum!" Announced Lance he was really annoyed with the way that Lucas had stopped his momentum and of course the battle. Piplup popped up with a few calls of Piplup to re-iterate this as well.

"Okay then Lance it's nice to meet you and Piplup; but for now it's time to take you out! I choose you Gligar!" Lucas kept his chat short and sweet to keep from annoying Lance anymore. He pulled out another Pokéball and threw it in the air. With a bright flash out came a flying scorpion like Pokémon. Lance whipped out his Pokédex and scanned the Gligar.

Gligar
    The Sinnoh Quest

The flyscorpion Pokémon; it evolves into Gliscor through the use of a Razor Claw. Gligar glides through the air without a sound as if it were sliding. This Pokémon hangs on to the face of its foe using its clawed hind legs and the large pincers on its forelegs, then injects the prey with its poison barb.

"Okay Gligar use Metal Claw!" Commanded Lucas to Gligar; Gligar's claw turned a bright silver colour and then he began to glide towards Piplup. As Gligar got nearer he clamped down his claw and smashed it into Piplup's face knocking her to the floor. She then began to whine in pain.

"Piplup get up you little runt; then use Bubble! Aim for the wings!" Commanded Lance to his little blue penguin Pokémon. Piplup did as she was told and opened her mouth. She then fired multiple bubbles towards Gligar. The bubbles were heading towards the wings of Gligar.

"Gligar use Harden to block off all the bubbles!" Said Lucas to his scorpion like Pokémon; after he said this Gligar's body began to change. His body turned form his normal bluey purple colour to a bright silver colour. When all the bubbles hit they popped on the spot and left Gligar unharmed.

"Okay Gligar good job buddy. Now try using Poison Sting!" Commanded Lucas to Gligar; Lance could tell that Lucas' strongest Pokémon was this Gligar so he had to be extra strategic. Gligar then glided even further into the air and pointed his tail towards Piplup. Then a load of poisoned needles came from it and flew towards Piplup.

"Piplup use Bubble to deflect away all the needles!" Said Lance; he was asking for his little penguin Pokémon to try and block needles with her bubbles. Piplup opened her mouth and began to fire multiple bubbles towards the multiple needles that were headed towards her. As the bubbles and needles met in the middle all the needles popped the bubbles and carried on through towards Piplup. Every one of the needles connected with Piplup knocking her to the floor with hurt. Eventually she got back to her feet but she was obviously very hurt.

"Come on Piplup you little weakling. Run towards Gligar then when you get close get up and then use Pound!" Piplup winked at Lance before beginning to run toward Gligar. As she got closer she jumped up in the air and she pulled back her fist; when she was close enough she thrusted it into Gligar's face pushing him to the floor. Piplup softly landed on her feet when she came down. Gligar got off the floor and gliding back up into the air; he was obviously shaken up by that attack.

"Gligar get up then use Metal Claw!" Commanded Lucas to his strongest Pokémon; Gligar glided back into a high spot in the air. Same as before his claw changed from bluey purple to a silver like colour. Gligar waited in midair until a large breeze of wind came along. When said breeze happened Gligar spread his wings and glided with pace on down towards Piplup.

"Piplup counter by using Pound then smash your fist into Gligar's claw!" Said Lance he was using good strategy here and because of it Piplup was still up and fighting; as Gligar glided closer Piplup readied herself to counter. She took one step back and put all her weight on her front foot. She pulled back her fist ready to attack when Gligar was close enough. When Gligar was close enough he too swung back his claw. He then thrusted it towards Piplup's face; then Piplup pushed her fist forward and met Gligar's claw in the middle. After the contact the two Pokémon fell to the floor and almost knocked out. That attack had damaged the pair of them.

"Piplup you're the more mobile out of the pair of you so get up then use Bubble!" Commanded Lance to Piplup; she followed the given command and pushed her hands to the floor and in the process pushed herself to her feet. In the meantime Gligar was still trying to get up off the floor. Piplup then opened her mouth and blew a number bubbles towards the struggling Gligar.

"Gligar use Sand-Attack to pop all the bubbles!" Commanded Lucas to his Gligar; Gligar stopped trying to get off the floor and stayed still. Gligar waited until most of the bubbles were close enough to destroy. Gligar smashed his tail into the floor; he then scraped it along the floor firing a lot of sand towards the bubbles. Once all the bubbles came into contact with the sand they all popped. But the sand still had enough momentum and carried on towards Piplup. Once the sand hit Piplup she fell to the floor in pain; as the sand was stuck in her eyes.

"Gligar when Piplup is still disabled use Metal Claw straight in her face!" Said Lucas he was trying to get Gligar to hit Piplup while she was still down. Gligar glided up high into the air and his claw then turned silver and he waited for Piplup to get to her feet. She soon scrambled to her feet and now the sand was gone but she was still vulnerable to attack. She looked around but couldn't see Gligar she then looked up and saw Gligar coming towards her; all she could do was shut her eyes and wait for the attack. Gligar smashed his claw into Piplup's face immediately knocking her to the floor.

"Piplup don't you dare lose this for me! Get up then jump up and use Pound!" Commanded Lance he was getting really angry with Piplup now because she was losing this battle so far. But Piplup was extra determined to win this one for Lance so he went through the pain barrier to get up off the floor and begin to attack. She ran towards Gligar and when she got close enough she jumped up in the air and pulled back her fist. Eventually she was right next to Gligar's face and she pushed his fist right into it. This attack smashed Gligar to the floor. Gligar landed softly on his tail and was therefore not that hurt. Whereas Piplup landed on her side and hurt herself more than Gligar did.

"Great work Gligar now use Poison Sting!" Gligar glided up into the air and quite high up at that. He then pulled back his tail and readied himself to fire the needles. If this connected this battle could be over. But as Gligar started to fire the needles a huge gust of wind blew him off course. This meant that when he fired the needles they all missed Piplup by a large margin.

"We got lucky there Piplup but keep going. Now use Bubble while Gligar's off balance!" Piplup did as Lance asked and she stood still and got her aim ready for the attack she was about to make. She took a step back and put all her weight on her front foot. She opened her mouth and released multiple bubbles towards the stuttering Gligar. Every one of the bubbles hit and because of the pain Gligar was knocked to the ground. The tables had now turned in this battle and Gligar was in serious danger of losing this.

"Okay Piplup finish this by using Bubble once again!" Commanded Lance to his little penguin the pair were now on the verge of a breathtaking victory. Piplup ran over to Gligar and opened her mouth she then fired multiple bubbles towards the already injured Gligar. All the bubbles connected and immediately knocked out the flying scorpion like Pokémon; this battle was now open.

"Return Gligar. Well Lance you thought a good battle and congratulations on the victory. I hope you meet again soon well I'll be on my way," said Lucas he held out a Pokéball and with a red flash Gligar was returned to his Pokéball. Lucas then walked off in the direction of Twinleaf Town. Lance was wondering why he was heading that way.

Anyways Lance headed off towards the next route. He had picked up Piplup and placed her on his shoulders before doing so. He began to head towards to the north eastern corner of the town. There was a lot of sand around that corner. He looked up at Piplup and smiled at her before walking on.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Goodies. -*pulls out baseball bat and starts bashing Lance in the head* He's so mean to Piplup! *reads rest of post* Oh, I guess he gets a bit nicer at the end. Something I noticed is that you have a lot of unnecessary detail, which just makes reading it boring. I know I was the one that asked for lots of detail, but it just seems like a lot of it you could do without. Also, I forgot to tell you this and it could possibly ruin your plan, but you need to have at least three Pokemon before you get to Oreburgh City.
    Piplup grew to Level 11!
    Piplup learned Water Sport!

FrozenSnowman
    - This is your first and only warning, you will be kicked if you don't post before I get Jubilife City up.

-----

Chapter 4: Route 202
    Number of Posts: 2

Description
    Route 202 is a busy route, which has lots of tall grass, trees and a few ledges covering it. It's also where a lot of beginner trainers hang out to train their Pokémon.

-----
    Wild Pokémon
    Bidoof
    The Sinnoh Quest

Level: 3-4
    Type: Normal
    Attacks: Tackle
    Rarity: Common

Starly
    The Sinnoh Quest

Level: 3-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl
    Rarity: Common

Kricketot
    The Sinnoh Quest

Level: 3-5
    Type: Bug
    Attacks: Growl, Bide
    Rarity: Uncommon

Shinx
    The Sinnoh Quest

Level: 5
    Type: Electric
    Attacks: Tackle, Leer
    Rarity: Special (very rare and hard to catch)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    It wasn't long until Selena had arrived on Route 202 with Starly on her shoulder and Turtwig at her side. Selena cleared her throat and Turtwig stood in from of her, Starly flying down and landing at his side, also looking up to Selena.

"Alright," Selena began. "I think it's time we do some training." Turtwig and Starly nodded as Selena walked to a small meadow where tall grass did not grow. There were two trees and Selena commanded for Turtwig to face one and Starly to face the other. "Okay, both of you use Tackle on the trees," Both of Selena's Pokemon obeyed and rammed into the front trees. Bangs were heard as the trees quivered and leaves started to float down from them. A few small, blue berries fell to the ground as well. "Again," Selena said. Starly and Turtwig did as they were told and rammed once more into the trees and this time harder.

After several minutes of doing that exercise, Selena found two rocks which were about six or five pounds each. She laid one in front of Starly and the other in front of Turtwig. She bent down and looked at her two Pokemon. "Alright," Selena cleared her throat again. "In this exercise, you guys will carry a rock on your backs. Starly, you will fly and Turtwig, you will walk." Starly and Turtwig looked at each other and back at Selena. She smiled, "It's fine. Us humans do the same thing, but with cement shaped into weights."

It took a few moments for Starly and Turtwig to nod. Selena smiled and turned to Starly, "You're first." Starly looked at Selena with a shocked look and lifted its wing, pointing it at itself.

"Starly, star?" it asked.

Selena asked. "Yep," Selena took the rock and raised it. "Ready?" Starly took a few seconds to nod and Selena lowered the rock onto Starly's back. The little black and white bird seemed to struggle with the weight for a few seconds, a few weak cooing sounds coming from his beak. "Now, flap your wings and hover." Starly didn't nod, only flapped its wings quickly, trying to lift off the ground with the heavy rock on its back. It was only an inch or two off the ground when it lowered back to the ground and stopped flapping its wings.

"Star… star," it panted. Selena lifted off the rock and placed it on the ground.

"You tried," Selena sighed and then turned to Turtwig. "Your turn," Turtwig nodded and Selena placed a heavier rock onto Turtwig's back. He grimaced and his legs shook. "Alright Turtwig," Selena looked and pointed at a nearby tree. "Walk around that tree. And take it slowly." Selena commanded.

Starly and Selena watched as Turtwig slowly completed his task, returning to Selena who took the heavy rock off his back. Turtwig gave a sigh of relief as the weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Starly, star?" Starly asked Turtwig.

The olive green Pokemon turned to Starly and smiled, "Turt, wigt." He said. He probably said, "It wasn't so bad," That's what Selena hoped.

Starly turned back to Selena and raised a wing to point at the rock he had on his back before. "Star, star," he said.

Selena furrowed her brows. "You want to try again?" she asked. Starly nodded. Selena smiled and took the rock and slowly lowered it onto Starly's back. The bird gave a squeak of shock and started to flap its wings. It picked itself up into the air, slowly but surely rising about ten feet into the air. He remained in the air for several minutes or seconds before Selena told him to stop. Starly happily obliged, lowering himself to the ground. Selena took off the rock and Starly gave a sigh of relief.

Selena smiled and scooped him up into her arms, the bird panting. She remained sitting on the ground and Turtwig walked over to her, looking at Starly. "That was a good job Starly," she said. Starly seemed to smile and nodded still panting. Selena looked up at the tree where several blue berries laid around. "Turtwig, can you gather up those berries?" she asked. Turtwig turned and nodded, running off to collect the berries one by one. When all the berries Turtwig could find were piled next to Selena, Selena split it up into three piles. There were eight berries in each pile and Selena laid Starly next to one of them and instructed Turtwig to go to another. She took the last pile.

"Eat up," she said warmly. "We've got a long way to go." When Starly and Turtwig happily ate the berries, Selena poured hers into a small cylinder container she kept in her backpack for food supplies. She counted five Pecha berries and twelve Oran berries counting the eight she just put in. After placing the container in her backpack, Selena turned to her Pokemon who looked at her happily. There were no remaining berries in front of them and Turtwig burped. "Are you two done?" The two Pokemon nodded and Selena pulled herself to her feet. "Alright," she said, hearing her knuckles and bones cracking as she stretched. "Let's get going."

After ten minutes of walking, Selena and her two Pokemon stopped while hearing a bush rattling behind them. Starly was flapping beside Selena's head and she turned silently to him, "Go check what's in the bushes," she said. Starly nodded and flew off into the air.

"SHHHINNNNXXX!" a loud howl came from the bushes and Starly was knocked from the bushes, landing at Selena's feet. Selena bent down quickly and pulled up her black and white bird.

"You alright?" Selena asked Starly, but before it could answer, a black, yellow, and blue Pokemon hopped from the bushes, electricity sparking from its cheeks. Turtwig stepped forward and faced the Shinx and lowered its head defensively.

Selena cleared her throat, "Tackle," she shouted. Turtwig ran forward at the Shinx, kicking up dirt as he ran. The Shinx jumped up and onto Turtwig's back, knocking him to the ground. It jumped once more off Turtwig's back and turned to him with a smirk on his face. Turtwig turned around, looking angrier than before.

Selena gritted her teeth. "Another Tackle," she said and Turtwig once more ran at the Shinx, but the little, fast Pokemon jumped up and kicked Turtwig across the grassy ground to Selena's feet. Selena helped Turtwig to its feet and whispered something in its ear. Turtwig smiled as it stepped forward, facing the Shinx once more.

"Tackle," Selena shouted again. This time when Turtwig ran, the Shinx jumped onto Turtwig's back but wasn't pushed down. It shocked the Shinx as Selena commanded Turtwig to roll over. Doing so, Turtwig plowed Shinx to the ground. It hissed angrily as it jumped to its feet, its tail and cheeks sparking violently.

Starly struggled in Selena's arms, trying to break free. Selena looked down at the black and white bird and quickly let him go. He flew from Selena and at the Shinx quickly.

"Star!" he shouted as he plowed into the Shinx, knocking it into a nearby tree.

"Shi!" The Shinx shouted as it fell to the ground. Selena removed a Pokeball from her bag and threw it at the Shinx. She watched it as it engulfed the tiny Pokemon in a red light and transported it into the Pokeball. It shook and beads of sweat trickled down Selena's forehead. Only after several seconds, the ball opened and Shinx appeared in front of Turtwig and Starly. It growled angrily and charged at Turtwig.

"Tackle," Selena shouted and Turtwig returned the attack, knocking the Shinx back. Starly dived at the Shinx and once more returned a Tackle attack. Turtwig ran again which knocked Shinx back.

"Shinx," it said painfully as it fell to its feet, shaking. It hissed and lunged at Starly, knocking him out of the air and to the ground. When they hit, a cloud of dusk gathered. Shinx was lying on top of Starly, smirking.

"Starly," Selena began, looking at Starly who was struggling to get out from under Shinx. "Do what we did with the rocks," she said. Starly nodded and quickly started to flap its wings. Shinx gasped, shocked as it was sprawled on its stomach on Starly's back, being lifted into the air. When it was ten feet high, Starly spun, throwing Shinx off its back and onto the ground. The Shinx laid on the ground, unconscious as Selena removed another Pokeball and threw at at the Shinx. She watched as it was engulfed in a red, transparent light. It shook slowly and the indicator blinked red…

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Royal - That was a nice post. The training at the start was good and the battle with Shinx was alright. Just good enough for a capture...
    You found 5 Pecha Berries!
    You found 12 Oran Berries!
    You caught a Level 5 Female Shinx!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back