• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I still don't know. I'm doing research.Maybe there's some mix of chemicals that let it get CO2 faster, absorb sunlight quicker(like solar panels or something) and take in water and maybe have it hold it longer(like a sponge) and use it in a more efficient way, intensifies the light, and takes in more heat. I'll keep searching. Tell me if you find nything like that.

I have another theory. The grass could breed at an extremely fast rate somehow.

Last edited:

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Explain, please, Harden keeping in mind that pokemon such as Muk, Shedinja, and Pinsir have access to it and are clearly not made of rock.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Ok, just realised a BIG question that needs answering. Go watch a clip on Youtube of Pikachu using Thunderbolt or something. Get What the problem is? Look again. Think about one of the defining characteristics of electricity - it moves so fast it seems instantaneous to our eyes. So how the hell does the yellow rat manage to make its attacks travel so damn slowly that they can be blocked or even dodged?

On top of that, how does Pikachu generate such a massive potential difference anyway?

Its Pikachu, the illogical mouse pokemon!

EDIT: To above poster...Muk could possibly cool its goo somehow, causing the goo to solidify and harden. How it would drop its body temperature so rapidly, I don't know, however. Bug types like Pinsir are easier. Bugs have exoskeleton's, right, that function like a suit of armour - hard plates to block, fixed together by weaker joins. In Pinsir's case, this would be gaps between the plates that exposed the fleshy body underneath. When using harden, it contracts the muscles in these gaps, pulling the exoskeleton plates closer together and strengthening its defenses.

That's just my humble opinion, though :P

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Pikachu could use its bioelectricity to tear apart atoms in the surrounding area, creating a luminescent plasma. The electricity it then "fires" is actually quite weak, but it creates an ionized channel for the plasma to flow through. This electrically-charged plasma is what you see doing the damage, not the electricity itself. Other attacks like Spark and Thunderpunch use familiar electricity, though.

As for how it generates so enough electricity to do these things, when you assume that the bulk of its ranged "electrical" damage is actually delivered via the plasma, things become a bit more plausible. According to various Pokedex entries, the electricity is accumulated naturally and rapidly (even to the point where the Pikachu has to discharge the excess or die). Now electric eels have specialized cells called electrocytes that can generate massive potential differences, up to around 600V. Pikachu has super-efficient electrocytes, the bulk of which are located in its cheeks.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    No, it wasn't. The energy theory was brought up and discussed, but never proven. I think I was the first to propose the digitization theory (and a rebuttal for why energy conversion wouldn't work), and considering that it both made sense and no one really refuted it, it is still valid.
    Groan. . Here, I'll show you proof. It's been proven. Deal with it.

Bulbapedia said:
    ssuming the Poké Ball hits it and is not dodged or hit back to the Trainer, the Poké Ball will open, convert the wild Pokémon to an energy form, pull the energy into its hollow center, and then close.
    (Source)

Wikipedia said:
    The balls convert a Pokémon into energy upon contact, suck it inside, and close automatically.
    (Source)

Wikia Gaming said:
    When a Poké Ball is thrown at a Pokémon during a capture attempt, or when releasing/withdrawing a trainer's Pokémon, the Pokémon becomes a blob of red light/energy.
    (Source[/url)

Some Place said:
    (Source - Just Google it; I can't find the url. . O.o)

So, no, it is not a theory. It's what happens.

https://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Poké_Ball

Years
    Not to sound argumentative, but where exactly has Bulbapedia/Wikipedia/Wikia Gaming/Random place got their information from. When you see it, the 'common sense' assumption is that its energy, so people would put this in articles without thinking. Its worth noting that Bulbapedia and Wikipedia are both essentially made by the general public. I'm not familiar with Wikia Gaming or whatever the other place was, so I can't comment on those.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Obviously, if so many sites have the same information, it's true. Bulbapedia has never once lied or had uncited information. They check official Pokémon sites before posting information. And the same usually goes for Wikipedia.​

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Pokemon who know harden have the ability to control their molecular structure, and when they use harden, they can't use all of their energy, so they tighten their molecules to make themselves more firm.

It's not that the electrtricity is moving slow, it's just that so much comes out, that it seems slower(this is the best I could come up with in shorttime, so there's probably a whole bunch of holes in this one)

(I've answered this one before)However, pikachu has electricity in it's body, just as humans do. It can control more though due to it's body structure, so in this case size doesn't matter. Now pikachu also has the power to release that energy too, in bigger andsmaller amounts, which explains why some of it's moves are stronger than others, and some only paralyze a victim.

I actually like the energy theory better( and I got the idea from this article about pokemon science) and it had energy conversion on it.

Here
    https://www.sciforums.com/encyclopedia/Pokemon

and this explains apricorns! their structure can resist the heat of the energy!

Also sorry to correct you, Nieteio, but eels need to beunderwater in order for their electricity to "work" but the same rules could apply to pikachu if it somehow can do the same thing on land.

Oh and could someone tell me who posted this comment on my rep messages

"Just trying to help, man"

Hey sumner, this one's for you, I was "reminicing" through some of the old post and questions and I came across your blastoise answer(remember w/ the cannons? page 3, question #74) if it's bone, then how is there steel around it? If you can't answer, that's fine, but try it out.

BTW haven't heard from you in a while, how come?

Last edited:

Years
    Not so fast! Solid matter is the most compact form of matter, and energy takes up the most space. If the atoms of a Charizard were to turn into energy, the volume necessary to hold that energy would be exponentially greater than the amount necessary for a solid Charizard's mass.

Ok, people, before we seal the deal on the energy idea, has anybody solved this problem? It was posted a while back and nobody explained it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I'm stickin woth my theory: they're converted into energy and their molecules are reesembled into a smaller form of the pokemon.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    I don't think my question was answered, so...

Assuming Pokemon become energy when they enter Pokeballs, what do they remember when they re-emerge? Is their last memory of entering the Pokeball, even if that was weeks ago? And what about things like aging etc; if a Pokemon is kept in it's ball forever, will it be "immortal" in that it won't age? Or will it, after a given amount of time, simply die in the ball?

I HATE those things; I absolutely refuse to enter one just for the sake of these questions. I'd rather just ask.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Obviously, if so many sites have the same information, it's true. Bulbapedia has never once lied or had uncited information. They check official Pokémon sites before posting information. And the same usually goes for Wikipedia.​

And yet we can't seem to find an 'official site' that state it is an energy transfer :\

Lol... see what post secondary has done to us? (Assuming that is why you asked).

Indeed, primary source materials are the best to find.

If anyone is wondering, primary sources, in regards to Pokemon would include:

-the games
    -the anime
    -interviews with those involved with Pokemon
    -guides
    -books/magazines (produced by gamefreak)
    -TCG

Here's a question though:

Has there been guns (perhaps only harpoons), in Pokemon, aside from the banned episode? Because I remember reading something somewhere a while back, that conflicts would usually be solved by Pokemon battle.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    How are you doin in there?
    Pokemon remember everything that happened befre entering the ball(and entering the ball itself) They remember everything that happened ouutside(that they see and hear) but pokemon also remember what they hear inside the pokem\ball, for thay can't see(obviously). Their last memory is of what they see, what they hear, or what theyvisualize(if they can remember that). They age just as any other animal, transferred into energy or not. It does age, but you, as a trainer, need to let it out or exercise or it will, unfortunately, die of weakness(sort of). It might not even to lift itself up. It's very sad to watch. *weeps* It does not have food or liquid in the pokeball so again, as a tainer, you need to feed the pokemon.

Don't shoot

Guns are kept safe and are against the law in the world of pokemon. the man of the safari zone illegally kept those guns and team rocket having them is pretty self explanitory. However, (for all you airsoft and paintball fans out ther) non-lethal weapons are legal, but for sport only.

Last edited:

Years
    I'm stickin woth my theory: they're converted into energy and their molecules are reesembled into a smaller form of the pokemon.

Wouldn't that require fewer molecules to be involved in the smaller model of the pokemon, thereby 'simplifying' the structure of the pokemon? Think of the molecules as pixels - you start with a standard sprite:

Real pokemon guru

Then you shrink it, reducing the number of pixels (molecules) in the process:

Real pokemon guru

But when you re-enlarge it, it has more pixels (molecules) but has lost the complicated structure:

Real pokemon guru

Obviously, it would be to a lesser degree than this, but the pokemon's physical form would be affected.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    no they don't enlarge, the process is repeated, once in a smaller form and are "called" out of their pokeball and their molecules are once again broken down and are reessembled and come out of the ball the same way they entered, so it's basically reversing the process.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Question: How does Charizard fly? And Garchomp, for that matter. Many pokemon that can learn Fly have wings that are too small to allow them to actually "fly." Maybe glide. And Garchomp doesn't learn fly, but flies in the anime. What's up with that?

Years
    no they don't enlarge, the process is repeated, once in a smaller form and are "called" out of their pokeball and their molecules are once again broken down and are reessembled and come out of the ball the same way they entered, so it's basically reversing the process.
    So then, Pokemon transform into energy, are absorbed by the Pokeball and reassemble into a smaller version inside? That means that some matter/energy is lost, whichever way you cut it, so the Pokeball would not be able to release a fully-sized Pokemon, as it would have lost some energy/matter.

EDIT:
    Question: How does Charizard fly? And Garchomp, for that matter. Many pokemon that can learn Fly have wings that are too small to allow them to actually "fly." Maybe glide. And Garchomp doesn't learn fly, but flies in the anime. What's up with that?

My guess would be that the air in Pokemon world is somewhat denser for some reason, allowing heavier pokemon to fly with smaller wings. (think, swimming in water compared to trying to fly). They could also, like dragonair, have some degree of control over wind currents, allowing them to buoy themselves up.

Back