• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    then I'll go with the data theory. Same thing only, they're transferrred in to data. It's just that Shinji said that there are many sources and I went with it so I'll go with the data theory.

Also I thought of a theory for Miltank. Cows actually eat the tips of grass, not the whole blade, so that's why tthe grass is still everywhere,ANd alwys seems to be cut.

flight
    this is from draconian.com and tis is how dragons fly. The same rules apply.

The actual force of flight is the continuous down sweep of powerful wings scooping, and thrusting the body upwards. An immature dragon does not have the strength needed for a vertical jump from flat ground to take off. They will usually stay near higher cliffs to use the heat updrafts to keep aloft. It takes a few years of flying to build the extremely strong flight muscles needed to lift the dragon body from the ground. The wings make actually look small for the mass of the dragon, but all dragons have an innate magic ability to help them fly. This magic helps keep dragons from straining themselves during long flights.

They also produce hydrogen to make them lighter.
    Here

https://animal.discovery.com/videos/dragons-how-dragons-fly.html

And HERE's where my idea of the fire breathing came from(but I changed min e up a bit by replacing platinum w/ iron pyrite and flint)

https://animal.discovery.com/videos/dragons-firebreathing-explained.html

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Oh yeah, it's definitely not hydrogen. I forgot the fact that diatomic hydrogen is impossible to make with the body. You will end up with H+ ions instead of the required hydrogen atoms. The H+ would then rupture every membrane it touches lol. And then, the hydrogen gas, if it does form by some manner of impossibility, is small enough to diffuse out of the body.

From when you were arguing with Gymno re: firebreathing. Dragons couldn't use hydrogen to help be more buoyant or whatever :P

Oh and, this is just me getting confused. What was the actual explanation for the Miltank thing that you just gave? I wasn't quite sure what you were getting at...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm back from a 3-day World Ends With You break! :D

But anyways, I read in this Dragonology book one theory would be something along the lines of having hollow bones with hexagonal honeycomb-type growths (for lack of a better word in my head XD) inside, keeping them solid while losing some weight, and this is combined with filling the outer gaps with lighter-than-air gas. Not Hydrogen! Say, Helium or something.

My one issue with this is that the weight of poke-dragons are already given. :/ in other words, pretty dang heavy. But on the other hand, they generally aren't the size of your typical European-style dragons. So, that, combined with proper scaly flying technique leads me to believe that this would be a decent answer.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Okay, I saw it on Animal Planet, which, when you think about it is legit, however It is possible to be wrong so I don't know. It makes sense to me. I do own Dragonology so I'll give you the direct quotes about their theories on fire and flight. I pretty much mixed the D-logy and AP ones together, that's how I" came up with my theory.

Flight
    "The laws of flight say that dragons, like bees, can't fly, when in fact they can. Their aerial skill is assisted by the dragon's ability to bend its wings and rotate them quickly in their sockets and also by the fact that dragon bones are lightweight and hollow like those of birds."

HOW DRAGONS BREATHE FIRE
    "Essentially, fire breathing is made possible through adaption of venom glands, such as those of commonly found cobras or asps. As with these snakes, dragon venom comes from two especially adapted teeth, or fangs. Dragons who can breathe fire secrete a piece of flint and a piece of iron pyrite in a special pouch in their mouths, jiggling them to produce the spark to light the venom. Explanations involving methane gases of iron teeth are unscientific nonsense.

Miltank is a cow(obviously), And when cows graze, they don't eat the whole blade of grass. They eat the tips. So, I guess the reason on how there is enough grass to keep the vegation at a steady rate is because Miltank don't eat the entire part of the grass. This also keeps the lawn cut in johto and other regions.

Last edited:

Years
    Miltank is a cow(obviously), And when cows graze, they don't eat the whole blade of grass. They eat the tips. So, I guess the reason on how there is enough grass to keep the vegation at a steady rate is because Miltank don't eat the entire part of the grass. This also keeps the lawn cut in johto and other regions.

Doesn't make sense. The original point of the question was that Miltank need to take in a ridiculous amount of calories and would have to eat unrealistic amounts of grass to survive. If they were just eating the tips, that means Miltank would have to travel even further to get enough food and Miltank farms would end up covering practically the whole of Johto.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Okay than, the best I can come up with is high calorie grass, I suppose. Or the grass could spontaniously grow I guess(after they eat it. I doubt that would work though.

Years
    Nice shameless thread bumping :D

Here's my question - How does the whole economy of the Pokemon world work? Almost everybody seems to be a gym leader, policeman, nurse or Pokemon trainer. We've seen a couple of historians and criminals, but one has to wonder how the government provides what seems to be a full free healthcare service for both people and Pokemon, when so many people are being Pokemon trainers and therefore don't get any money. Look at Ash as an example. He never seems to earn any money, bbut he always has enough food and stuff. So do Pokemon centres feed you for free as well? If they do, then where the hell is all of this money coming from?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ^Ash roughs it and eats off the land, duh. Brock makes everything from scratch with ingredients found in the great outdoors.
    As far as the occupations in the world of pokemon go, I look at it like this; say the story was about a regular doctor (like in Season 1, for example). Who would the characters be? We'd have other doctors, medical students, nurses, secretaries, ill people, and insurance companies. Where's Team Rocket? Where's Looker? Where's the crazy chick from Johto with the blue hair? Nobody cares about any of them in our medical story since they have no place from this vantage point. In Ash's world, do we need lawyers? Do we need vikings? Do we need chemists? No, Ash's world revolves around Gym leaders and contest celebrities.
    So...not everyone is a Gym leader, Joy, Jenny, or shady character; they just happen to be the types Ash runs into on a regular basis.
    Ahh, the government...it is safe to assume that the Pokemon Centers are subsidised to ensure that they stay open until you realise how remote some of them are. The one in the Charmander episode (yes, Season 1 again) was quite literally in the middle of nowhere. So they must be getting revenue from someplace. We know they got pop machines. They probably overprice their drinks. And there's another factor here: Joys tend to be philanthropic. I think the episode's actually called 'The Joy of Pokemon', and it runs on about how this Joy kayaks from island to island to do...something...you get where I'm goin' with this. Since they are so caring people (it runs in the family), they're not too concerned with mula on a day-to-day basis. Wait, in that case...the Joy family probably has so much wealth because Pokemon Centers are ubiquitous that they can fund their electricity and equipment (seriously, how much power could a machine designed to nurse a Cherubi back to health require?) without giving it a second thought.

I was egg-hatching today, and I noticed that the Bicycle can make a 180 without rotating. How does this work?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Trainers pay with a system known as pokepoints. They are calculated through the pokedex and are transferred when all of the users pokemon faint(the pokedex reads this by detecting brain activity and thermal readings) 100 pokepoints equals 1 dollar. Pokemarts only accept pokepoints, but there are normal stores in the pokemon world as well(grocery stores, malls, all that stuff) but they pay tyhrough money. Adults, if they're lucky and good enough become pokemon league members and gym leaders and get paid to be one. Real world jobs are still around though. Venders, artist, archeologists, actors/actresses, and pro sports still apply. Pokepoints can be transfeered into money. So if a trainer grows up and doesn't want to be a trainer anymore, he/she converts his/her pokepoints for money. So if you saved up 1,000,000 pokepoints(miraculously, I might add) you'd have 10,000 dollars.

I hate answering question like this but... That is simply a game thing. In R/S/E you jump in the air and do a 180 trun. The reason you don't see the process of turning is simply to save time. If you don't like that answer as much as I do, then they do it so fast that it seems as if they haven't turned at all.

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I ahve an answer for the Miltank problem. The grass eaten by the Miltanks is enhanced by the moves of other Pokemon, such as Sunny Day, Water Gun, and other moves that can help maintain healthy plants. Pokemon like Meganium can revive dead plants with their breath, so Miltank farms are not your everyday farms. They use a wide variety of Pokemon to keep the farm in tip-top shape. This is why there are not many Miltank farms in the Pokemon world, because of the cost needed to maintain it, though the profit made from moomoo milk can normally keep the farm running.

There is my answer, though there are probably some holes in it, I will try to defend it.

Can someone explain to me the whole thing about Energy taking up more space than Mass, because I dont know of the topic, but I may be able to think of an answer if I knew more.

And a question: How do normal pokemon (besides ones like Dargonair and Bronzong) use weather changing moves, like Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, and Hail?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Excellent Yams. I love it how you haven't answered in a while and you come back with this amazing answer.

The whole deal with energy is an explanation of how pokemon fit in a poke ball. Energy conversion(transferred into pure energy) I said they are converted into energy and are restored into a smaller version of the pokemon in the ball, so it wiull fit in the pokemon containment area(peice of technology that stores pokemon in poke ball). Then nieteio said that energy takes up more space than mass. I then said that there was a theory of pokemon being transferreed into data, rather than energy. Then there was athis big argument about it. Another problem of energy conversion is the fact that energy is calculated at an intense level of heat(really really hot) and I said: The apricorn's structe had to do with it. It can withstand the heat. So now there is this big thing on wether they're transferred into data or energy. I like energy better, because I think it makes more sense, but that's just me.

Plus, how does a pokemon be transferred into data? I mean facts in a textbook is data, but that doesn't mean it's transferreed like energy is does it? I don't really get the concept of data transferring but apparently, it makes sense.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
    I didn't read each of the 10 pages of this thread, but I had a question;

If an Alakazam has as much mental power as stated in past entries, wouldn't the technology in the world be 100000 times more advanced then it is in the show? And shouldn't they have taken over by now? I mean, that much intelligence is pretty amazing.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    This is an extremely hard question. Honestly the hardest question(pokemon related) that I've ever come across. My guess? they somehow can control water. The direction it moves in, and what form it takes. The also control wind somehow

Congratulations Yams. You are the first to finally stump the pokemon guru. But that doesn't mean I giive up.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well you could still go as general as saying that Pokemon could have taken over the world, as they had the power to do so. Yet it would seem they perhaps ignored the human evolution, or however the premise works in Pokemon.

But it may just go back to religion or Pokemon religious creationism... Sure none of this has really been mentioned, but its the only thing we can really go on.

Perhaps Arceus(?) created humans after Pokemon, and humans just excelled in making technology?

Or you could also argue that an Alakazam may be so smart, that it doesn't need to build the technology etc (Buddhism). Basically that it is at peace.

Hope I shed some light anyway.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Good question

Alakazam weren;t always like this. They weren't very smart at first, but humans taught them to be smarter and smarter. They have very high respect for humans. They love their "creator"." They wouldn't be this smart withoiut humans. It's now in their nature. To be respectful to those who have helped them. So none of them have rebeled. Why? the world of pokemon is an almost perfect world(think of it, the only real trouble is fighting and the teams who want to ruin it), so they see no need to take over. They want to help make a better world.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I didn't read each of the 10 pages of this thread, but I had a question;

If an Alakazam has as much mental power as stated in past entries, wouldn't the technology in the world be 100000 times more advanced then it is in the show? And shouldn't they have taken over by now? I mean, that much intelligence is pretty amazing.

Well Alakazams probably know that the consequences of revealing their knowledge would not be good ones, it could be that it just doesnt feel that it would be right to reveal the knowledge it knows.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Actually Arceus was never recorded to create humans. Just pokemon. So you know. And according to my theory of how we know Arceus created pokemon, he/she communicated with a bilingual pokemon(also spoke english) and he told them all that Arceus told him. (It was an Alakazam)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Oooooo or or, perhaps it was because of human intervention, that they are able to evolve from Kadabra to Alakazam, hence the trading in the game. I forget what is done in the show though.

btw, do the human psychics say they know the future, and or get it right? (in reference to the anime anyway)

Back