• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Unfortunately, its impossible.

Unless you take Littleroots tileset and place them into Mauvilles tileset. Which requires a little bit of behavior editing and pallete editing.
    Or you could just change the tileset to Mauvilles'.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    Help!

Hi, this is my first post, so apologies if it is in the wrong place or has already been answered.

I have a couple of problems that i need some help with.
    • I have created a new town in place of pallet town (fire red), using a tileset from another city. Everything works fine, until i leave the town (i.e go onto route 1). The tiles then become glitched and all the colours get mixed up, and some dissapear. This wont go away until you go into a house and come out again.
    • Whenever i create a new map, and insert it, it always appears with pallet town as its header, and the same music etc. If i try and change it, the header of pallet town changes as well, meaning I can't give any new maps i insert new names/music, they all come under pallet town.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

Years
  • Hi, this is my first post, so apologies if it is in the wrong place or has already been answered.

I have a couple of problems that i need some help with.
    • I have created a new town in place of pallet town (fire red), using a tileset from another city. Everything works fine, until i leave the town (i.e go onto route 1). The tiles then become glitched and all the colours get mixed up, and some dissapear. This wont go away until you go into a house and come out again.
    • Whenever i create a new map, and insert it, it always appears with pallet town as its header, and the same music etc. If i try and change it, the header of pallet town changes as well, meaning I can't give any new maps i insert new names/music, they all come under pallet town.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

1) The tileset for the route is different to the one for the city. To solve it, change the tileset in the route to the same tileset in the city.

2) To solve this, go to the Header tab, and then, in the drop down list under 'Name:', go to Sevii Island 6, 7, 8 or 9. Go Change Name. Next, in the normal textbox, type in the new name and go Change Name. If it doesn't change automatically, scroll down and hit 'Change Dimensions', for some reason, it refreshes everything. Done confuse the Sevii Island maps with the ONE ISLAND, etc. maps, though! As for the music, just change it under the Map Options - Music part in the Header tab.

Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    Sorry guys, need help again.
    Just added a script via pokescript. Saved and everything worked fine when i played through the event in the rom. However, when I went back to advance map, and tried to load the rom, it came up with an error message??? It said something about being the wrong type of file, but i haven't changed anything??
    again, thnx in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    i'm kind of confused. my stupid computer wont compile any of my scripts. any help? ive already installed and reinstalled pokescript and pokeadv

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Repost: Well, this has been bothering me ALOT.
    I insert two mapbanks (36 and 35) so, in 35 i name all the maps "Route 302" and on 36 "KRAKEN CAVES" But, when i do this i renames all maps of 35 too... thats kinda crappy. Also i note a "Insert names" under Map Header tab, but is alwayas grayed out.
    moz-screenshot-1.jpg

This is merely a common problem.

See, if you change the name of a town

EX: Littleroot Town > Tyarre Town

Then any map with the previous name "Littleroot Town" would be changed to "Tyarre Town".

If you can't figure out how to set new names (trust me I can't either) then find a name under the Name pull-down tab that you rarely see in the game and edit it.

Years
  • hey, how do you add different type of tiles? I would like to add a road but i don't have anything that resembles one (I've seen people do some similar)

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    hey, how do you add different type of tiles? I would like to add a road but i don't have anything that resembles one (I've seen people do some similar)

You need to find the tiles bases in UNLZ.gba

For Firered, the number is 1990
    For Emerald, the number is 2590
    For Ruby, the number is 1619

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
    Years
  • Okay, this may sound a little weird... I've made this map, Dusk City. It's the PEWTER CITY replacement. Well, when I enter it from the ROUTE 2 replacement, Rainy Meadow, that's when it really goes nutty. The route reappears as you're walking down the right side of the city, and if you leave the city from the place you came, you enter in an enclosed area that wasn't meant to be entered. If you try to re-enter the city, the game freezes up. Can someone help me fix this? My friend Diego always did it for me, and since he's gone... Well, you can figure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back