• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    yes we can. schools are run by the government which in turn is run by the people.

And if the people in that community agree with this then nothing went wrong.
    Kids go to school to get educated. If they kept up with state and federal requirements in this girl's education they did what they're suppose to do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    And if the people in that community agree with this then nothing went wrong.
    Kids go to school to get educated. If they kept up with state and federal requirements in this girl's education they did what they're suppose to do.
    i dont know where you saw that it was a community decision. the staff of the school chose it. i dont think 100 people at top is an entire community. if you actually looked into it you would see that the community in general condemns the school for everything they've done.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i dont know where you saw that it was a community decision. the staff of the school chose it. i dont think 100 people at top is an entire community. if you actually looked into it you would see that the community in general condemns the school for everything they've done.

The article said parents and staff. lern2read plz.

But since you're so quick on the mark, maybe you can give me some insight to why more people are bothered that one lesbian wasn't allowed to bring her date and wear a tux (she was still allowed) when all the special ed + disabled students were pushed into one hall? Surely that's a far bigger crime.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    The article said parents and staff. lern2read plz.

But since you're so quick on the mark, maybe you can give me some insight to why more people are bothered that one lesbian wasn't allowed to bring her date and wear a tux (she was still allowed) when all the special ed + disabled students were pushed into one hall? Surely that's a far bigger crime.

O.O
    I didn't see that bit! That's absolutely abominable! I agree with you here, Fox (wow, never thought I'd say that), we should also be enraged about this.

Wow. That place needs to sort out their morals. Majorly.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    We can't force a school to anything it doesn't want to do. Students have a right to be educated and if the school didn't deny her a fair education they didn't do anything wrong.

I'm sorry but something about this doesn't sound right.

So school's can discriminate against us all they want? You permit that?

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    Nobody should be allowed to discriminate against anyone!

But the feeling i get is that it's fine to beat/bully LGBT people but when you get "special" kids it's not fine at all...

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    You missed the point. The point was that you guys try to make it sound like you are the only ones. But there are disabled kids who where born that way, and you guys don't seem to care at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    You missed the point. The point was that you guys try to make it sound like you are the only ones. But there are disabled kids who where born that way, and you guys don't seem to care at all.
    people are born gay. and this isn't a disabled kids thread. its a lgbt thread.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    people are born gay. and this isn't a disabled kids thread. its a lgbt thread.

This might shock you, but a lot of handicapped kids are born handicapped, it's not a life choice. I'm sorry these poor individuals have stolen the thunder from your story of harsh discrimination. How very selfish of them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    This might shock you, but a lot of handicapped kids are born handicapped, it's not a life choice. I'm sorry these poor individuals have stolen the thunder from your story of harsh discrimination. How very selfish of them.
    they should be

i already explained why we shouldnt be talking about them. this isn't a handicap thread. it would be off topic and against the rules to talk about them.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i already explained why we shouldnt be talking about them. this isn't a handicap thread. it would be off topic and against the rules to talk about them.

Actually it's entirely relevent, you're just sore over the fact that there was a far bigger crime going on but because it didn't happen to a lbgt you don't want to talk about it. It's sad really.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Actually it's entirely relevent, you're just sore over the fact that there was a far bigger crime going on but because it didn't happen to a lbgt you don't want to talk about it. It's sad really.
    um? it happened to both lgbt and the handicapped kids. the same thing.

you should go back and read the article

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    um? it happened to both lgbt and the handicapped kids. the same thing.

you should go back and read the article

No, you should re read it. She was never refused entry to the main prom, she was told she couldnt go in a tux and nbring a same sex date. The handicap kids were put aside to the other venue first. It was only after she kicked up a fuss that she was invited to the same venue as the handicapped guys, and she still could of gone to the main prom.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's not a life choice. You don't just decide to start loving people of the same sex.

There's not a huge amount of scientifc proof backing that up. Apart from Kon, no one has mentioned the handicapped individuals in that article. I'm not sure if it's the fact some of you think you're more important than them or what, but it's not really on.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
    There is a lot of psychological and biological evidence for that. I would know since i've done them both in college.
    You don't just decide to be gay, most gay people go through immense psychological torment because they are not sure what is wrong with them or even if there is... Are they wrong to be thinking these thought etc.
    It's not a gay person choice. It's genetic and it's been proven.

EDIT: If you're a guy and you like girls, you are heterosexual.

Years
    There is a lot of psychological and biological evidence for that. I would know since i've done them both in college.
    You don't just decide to be gay, most gay people go through immense psychological torment because they are not sure what is wrong with them or even if there is... Are they wrong to be thinking these thought etc.
    It's not a gay person choice. It's genetic and it's been proven.

EDIT: If you're a guy and you like girls, you are heterosexual.

Oh ok, All this time I been calling myself a lesbian. *Lesbian means you like girls, and I do*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back