• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Unconventional beauty in women is much more striking than the superficial barbie dolls most people go after.

I hate that soooo much... it doesn't matter who or what you are... society affects people into believing what is beauty... That's why I love candid photography so much (among other things), as well as someone with a great personality.

I do however like guys who have a somewhat toned body, so I might be one to speak, but I do want to say that my standards aren't specific. :3 Maybe I should just go out and meet people. XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Discrimination is when people are treated differently. Everyone was bound under that same rule so no one was treated differently. If a straight student wanted to bring a same-sex date they would have been turned down as well.
    There's a certain point you're not looking at. You keep looking at the rule as a broad idea, when the point being is that you're not generalizing it that gays who do want to go to prom can't have the right to go with their choice of company, which in most cases may just be a same sex individual. Meaning, even though the rule applied to everyone, it discriminated those who are gay and wished to attend with someone the same sex as them. It practically forced people to either go with someone of the opposite gender as them or not go at all.

What bothers me about this is that this boy ended his life not because he was gay but because he was teased by people who thought he was gay based on stereotypes. And that's another reason why I dislike people judging someone's sexuality based on stereotypical behavior and interests, yet people do it anyway.
    Which is what I meant by people judging a book by it's cover, much less a person. It's sad to see people, especially the younger generation of kids, now stereotype what a person must act or be like to consider them straight and if they don't meet those qualities then they go off and tease them by basically labeling them as gay. In this kid's sake it basically proves the point being and lets the crows know that something should be done. School teacher's specifically have a knack for avoiding things as such and don't support those who may be gay at times, which makes it more difficult for the child being it makes him or her feel singled out.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I don't agree with the rule at all so don't get to thinking that.
    It's just the school board who made those policies are elected by the community so the rule represents the communities attitude to the situation, not just the school administration.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'll be your friend! XD :P

You know... actually I'd want to present a challenge for everyone that hasn't come out yet (and for those that have, to pursue their interests that bit more).

Thus that is to say, that if you haven't come out yet, to perhaps give hints in that direction, if you feel comfortable in doing so.

Or for those who have already come out, to go for example to their local LGBT centre or some sort of meet up.

I'm not trying to make people feel uncomfortable, or forcing anyone, I just don't want people to be stuck in the shadows because of what some people have deemed to be "wrong".

And I said it before, I'll say it again: more often than not, love takes precedent over fickle things like sexuality, thus your parents should love you regardless. Those parents who do not understand, should be shown the light.

(you know for some odd reason, this made me think of the challenge Tyler Dursden put out in Fight Club). XD errr don't hurt people though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Thus that is to say, that if you haven't come out yet, to perhaps give hints in that direction, if you feel comfortable in doing so.

That's how I came out the first time. Although I'm trans, it still works the same way pretty much. When you hint you can kind of gage people's reactions and find out whether you should really come out to them or not.

Although some people are oblivious and won't recognize your hints. (There's also the 'selectively' oblivious type. Some of which will try to remain oblivious even after you came out to them. That's what I deal with a lot. -_-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back