• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Btw how do you guys pronounce the regions? I pronounce Kanto as (Kan-Tu) my friend says (Cant-Oh)?

Kanto (Kan-Tu)
    Johto (Joh-Tu)
    Hoenn (Surprise Gay Butt Secks Hoe-In) LOL
    Sinnoh (Shin-Oh)
    Isshu (Bless You Is-Hue)
    I pronounce it

Kanto (Kan-Toe)
    Johto (Joe-toe)
    Hoenn (Hoe-N/Hoe-En)
    Sinnoh (Sin-o)

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
    On Bulbapedia, It says in origins.

Tsutaaja: May be based off a lizard or a snake.
    Pokabu: It appears to be based on a saddleback pig.
    Mijumaru: It appears to be based on a sea otter.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    As stated above this region is supposedly distant from all other regions so far, so it could literally be anywhere. Who knows, the region's shape itself could even be an original GF creation.

I got my Japanese exchange student to do some direct translations and apparently it says that the Isshu region is far away from Johto and Kanto (and presumably Sinnoh but NOT Hoenn!!! =D)

Also that it says something like, "how will you get there!? By boat or by plain!?" Interesting...

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Thats like saying "I hope theres no Pokemon this time."

not at all, its like sayin "im tired of these lame ass wannabes"
    do you honestly think a TRUE evil team would use such a pathetic predictable set of pokemon? hell no!

There one in every game. So, There will be one in the games then.

if so i hope their actually worth my time -_-"

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    not at all, its like sayin "im tired of these lame ass wannabes"
    do you honestly think a TRUE evil team would use such a pathetic predictable set of pokemon? hell no!

if so i hope their actually worth my time -_-"

Then say "I hope there is a strong evil team this time" I hope you have a personal grudge on them this time (They killed your father dundundun!) and/or beats you a couple times instead of "Oh noes we loss we gotta run from this 10 yr old" but it would be like 16 or something now...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Then say "I hope there is a strong evil team this time" I hope you have a personal grudge on them this time (They killed your father dundundun!) and/or beats you a couple times instead of "Oh noes we loss we gotta run from this 10 yr old" but it would be like 16 or something now...

true i hope they pull out an aggron& own me XD

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    true i hope they pull out an aggron& own me XD

I hope its like this...

First Encounter: You stand up for someone and lose, Champion owns their face and they run
    Second Encounter: You struggle and end up losing and everyone blames you for whatever...
    Third Encounter: You win by luck and everyone starts to look up to you
    Forth Encounter: Team Uglyface is mad that you won and hires "hitman" to take you down and you lose but are saved by Champion again.
    Fifth Encounter: You win by power and they start to think they are screwed.
    Sixth Encounter: You have help and take them down forever...NINJA STYLE! xD

In short I hope it feels like you are getting stronger until you defeat them with help only...not by yourself

Years
    I hope its like this...

First Encounter: You stand up for someone and lose, Champion owns their face and they run
    Second Encounter: You struggle and end up losing and everyone blames you for whatever...
    Third Encounter: You win by luck and everyone starts to look up to you
    Forth Encounter: Team Uglyface is mad that you won and hires "hitman" to take you down and you lose but are saved by Champion again.
    Fifth Encounter: You win by power and they start to think they are screwed.
    Sixth Encounter: You have help and take them down forever...NINJA STYLE! xD

In short I hope it feels like you are getting stronger until you defeat them with help only...not by yourself
    THAT would be epic. Not only would we see the champion early on and have an epic battle with 'possibly' the evil team leader but the sense of actually defeating something powerful would just be epic.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    looked at the new photos and I an now in love with Hiun city, I mean it's huge, we finally have a city that beats Goldenrod in size.

although, we still have no Idea how Zoroarks ability (Illusion) actually works, could it be that we now have abilities that we can activate at the touch of a button?

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    looked at the new photos and I an now in love with Hiun city, I mean it's huge, we finally have a city that beats Goldenrod in size.

although, we still have no Idea how Zoroarks ability (Illusion) actually works, could it be that we now have abilities that we can activate at the touch of a button?

I can haz pics?

and it says Zoroark's ability will auto turn into one of the legendary dogs and whenever its weak or every so blank turns it loses its control of the form and reverts back to its original form and you can catch it in that form...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I can haz pics?

and it says Zoroark's ability will auto turn into one of the legendary dogs and whenever its weak or every so blank turns it loses its control of the form and reverts back to its original form and you can catch it in that form...

Why not just go on Serebii or Pokebeach? new pics are always put up there.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    it would be so awesome& epic if they did that XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How I think gen 5 gameplay will be, with two filler names:

The opening sequence starts and the screen fades out black, after you click "New Game", into a Pokemon lab. The screen zooms into a professor. "Hi, you must be new to Isshu. What's your name?" The trainer screen comes up where you choose your name. "Welcome to the world of Pokemon, you will encounter . . ." a trainer runs in, "Professor Willow, come quickly, Mallack has escaped from your garden." "I'll save the introductions for later, help me find my Mallack - it's a duck type creature, you'll know when you see it. Pick a Pokemon, either Pokabu, Tsutaaja or Mijumaru. It will help you find Mallack if you turn around and talk to it every few steps. If it can pick up the scent of Mallack, it will let you know." You then pick a Pokemon and walk over to the professor. He guides you outside, into an open field. You see wild birds, dogs and rats, which you haven't seen before - there are 6, (similar to Pidgey, Poochyena and Pikachu.) All wild Pokemon in this area are field Pokemon, as they're professor Willow's. When you walk close to one, professor Willow calls you back. "My Pokemon aren't behaving normally, you'll have to fight them in order for them to calm down." You walk over to them and fight them one by one. During that time, the other trainer runs back with a duck. "-insert trainer name- come back here, my assistant has found my Pokemon!"

Inside the lab, the professor says to you "Hmm, you appear to have gotten quite close to your Pokemon. Would you mind looking after it for a while? I need to go to the next town to run a few errands, but I'll be back soon. While I'm gone, can you look after my lab?" You agree and the professor runs out. Nothing happens until you go out into the field. The professors Pokemon that was found earlier starts evolving , as well as the other Pokemon. The assistant runs over to you and says "They appear to be evolving. This was not expected. Can you go to the next town and find the professor for me?" This is when you leave to go to the next town, aka begin your journey.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Why not just go on Serebii or Pokebeach? new pics are always put up there.

Can't see any Hiun City

NVM Found it

Anyone else think Mijumaru should be saying "Do you wanna play a game?" in the Pokabu vs Mijumaru pic?

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Everything is looking okay but the front sprites look a little fuzzy compared to what we are used to... what is gonna happen to future signatures on Pokemon forums!? :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back