• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: HAHA!... No? OK seriously, what about a Shipping sub-section?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've popped up with that for a bit and sometimes jokingly, but now I want serious thought put into it. I look over other forums I don't tend to be active in and I realize PC could use more Shipping activity. Just a simple subsection can do. However, there are shippings that involve Manga and Games, and recognizing that it might be better as another section, but maybe that can be overlooked.

A lot happens in the shipping thread, and I know there are a lot of shippers coming by that don't bother because unfortunately Me, Jorah, Ruby, and Shedinjareese are too scary and especially in one thread XD and there are so many diverse topics that shouldn't fit in just one thread. Just a simple section that is BMGF style.

Yeah, technically it's our fault that the shipping thread isn't too attractive, but a cage meant for chickens that's filled with lions won't be attractive ever :P

And then the Shipping Debates thread can actually be what it was supposed to be...XD

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The thing is the thread is for "debates", as the name implies. But I KNOW that there are a lot of shippers that simply aren't willing to debate, but to talk within their own fellow shippers instead. And unfortunately that's the only thing that's been forced associated with shipping, that is why not too many of the good shippers try to talk. Because the topic will always be focal shippings, manga shippings, or something random that scares them away.

Years
    I actually support the idea of this. A single thread does not suffice, and it's just too clustered, really.
    I like shipping, so yeah. I think this has potential. :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've actually always thought that one of the downfalls to PC was that there was a lack of a shipping area, because I love dicussing shippings. I tend to go elsewhere when I wanna talk about them, which is a drag since I'd rather spend that time here. xD;

Totally support this idea, though.

However.. 'think I've read before that there used to be a shipping area, and it caused too much spam? :/ If it had good mods though, it wouldn't be any worse than any other area, IMO.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Since Early '06 The thread was the only thing there. That's as far as I can remember and since I was a member. And then I think the original thread was made March '05 because the Anime section itself was filled with the shipping clutter, or so it seems.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    :/ Would it make more sense to have a thread for each of the "big" ships and then a misc thread for the other ones, for now? I'm hesitant to jump from one sticky thread to subforum because we always tell people to show us that there's demand before we include new forums... but I realize it's hard to do that with just the one thread allowed. :s

(Also, if the thread is uninviting because a few certain people are intimidating, that miiiight be a good hint to... not be intimidating.)

Zet

Years
    Ahhhh shipping, the greatest feat amongst the nerd community, truly you can find yourself just posting in one big thread titled "The Daily Shipping Chat". I only say this because of the 9001 shipping threads that will come into creation about the same shipped pair a dozen or so times, though if a sub-forum is made for it somewhere, I hope you people can be sensible and not have the same thread about the same pair posted a dozen times.

Years
    Actually, I support this idea.
    It could be a good way to get more members interacting with each other.

If the idea is liked, why not set up some form of beta testing? Where a few members take part? Then look at the results and see how easy/hard it was and so on.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've actually always thought that one of the downfalls to PC was that there was a lack of a shipping area, because I love dicussing shippings. I tend to go elsewhere when I wanna talk about them, which is a drag since I'd rather spend that time here. xD;

However.. 'think I've read before that there used to be a shipping area, and it caused too much spam? :/ If it had good mods though, it wouldn't be any worse than any other area, IMO.

They could do it like OVP so posts don't count towards post count.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Ahhhh shipping, the greatest feat amongst the nerd community, truly you can find yourself just posting in one big thread titled "The Daily Shipping Chat". I only say this because of the 9001 shipping threads that will come into creation about the same shipped pair a dozen or so times, though if a sub-forum is made for it somewhere, I hope you people can be sensible and not have the same thread about the same pair posted a dozen times.

Theoretically, the forum could moderate new threads to avoid duplicate threads about the same pairing, and an index sticky could link to all of the pairings as new pairing threads are approved. It's just that simple really.

That being said, I do support this because PC has always lacked a decent place to discuss shippings, and we can't just cram Pokemon/Other Clubs with those threads either, as I believe it's prohibited.

I do still happen to agree with the staff though. Perhaps if one person could get a social group for ALL shippings started, and get it built up where there are many members in it, then a subforum could be considered. That being said, people can create their own shipping groups too, so a Shipping Category for Social Groups could be quite useful as well in gauging how much people would likely post in a shipping Subforum.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I actually support the idea of this. A single thread does not suffice, and it's just too clustered, really.
    I like shipping, so yeah. I think this has potential. :)
    Quoting this and just expressing my support on the suggestion. I know a lot of people with shipping tendancies on PC that don't exactly take part in the discussions and whatnot because of it being too clustered. It really doesn't make much sense to condense so much discussion to one thread.

I do still happen to agree with the staff though. Perhaps if one person could get a social group for ALL shippings started, and get it built up where there are many members in it, then a subforum could be considered. That being said, people can create their own shipping groups too, so a Shipping Category for Social Groups could be quite useful as well in gauging how much people would likely post in a shipping Subforum.
    Ew no. Social groups are so unacknowledged. That wouldn't do much, in my opinion, but make the topic less active.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years

This!!!

This could be unrelated though, but there's also a pairing claiming thread somewhere, so why not a section to talk about pairings then? o___o;;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think this is a great idea and it seems everyones said everythings I might say so yeah...

I just wanna know this though, is this a yes or a no to the subsection then?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Thanks for the support. I believe this is sort of going through since I see a lot of S-Mods viewing private threads. Presumably in the Staff section.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    I don't know if anymore input is wanted, but if so, I guess I have a few thoughts on the subject:

I believe that a subsection makes sense for the previous stated reasons, but also because it's a sticky thread, and I think stickies should probably have a little more depth to them to separate them from run-of-the-mill threads. Having a subsection would make the thread appear more like an on-going, multi-layered discussion as opposed to approximately the same five people discussing/twisting apart the topic of Shipping.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think it might just make more sense to open up shipping clubs in PKMN Groups (if it's disallowed like someone said--I haven't checked) and gauge discussion there. Allows for a less cluttered/more open place to discuss than one thread and if PG gets overrun with good shipping discussion, then we'll be more open to a dedicated forum for it, obviously.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    There have been shipping groups in the past there. And it doesn't look like there's anything disallowing that. K then, I want to start a few things there and I guess we can see how it goes.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm glad this is at least being considered, and wasn't just shot down.~

Just stayin'. xD

\o/

Back