• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm sorry, but LOL. Nobody's opinion is worth anything more than anybody else's. You sound rather elitist (PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAYED DPPt ARE WORTH LESS!).

Opinion is Opinion... If you use your head you'd realize that someone for example that is a doctor would know more about surgery than some random hobo on the street... Its not elitist its just knowledge...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    This is an opinion. It's not stated fact, it's an opinion. Your analogy is rather broken as you don't need any prior knowledge of anything to speculate which place on earth a made-up bit of land is based on. That's why your "hobos on the street" are jurors rather than the defendant or judge of a court case.

At any rate, I still think it's Sydney. 8D

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    This is an opinion. It's not stated fact, it's an opinion. Your analogy is rather broken as you don't need any prior knowledge of anything to speculate which place on earth a made-up bit of land is based on.

No but if you know what the makers of said map usually go for you have a better view point... Serebii says NY because he assumes that after all his work in every part of Pokemon... A random DPPt wouldn't know how they think at all... They say something like "It looks like Isshu to me" xD I really don't care what you think, but I'd trust information and speculation from someone that has done it time and time again over someone just yelling out what they thought of when looking at it...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The Liberty Ticket announced hints to New York (Statue of Liberty) and I think you get the new Pokemon on a Tower on an Island...

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Hey, I found this posted by a user on PokeBeach:
    "XXX Wrote: Tying the new little legendary into the Statue of Liberty

From an article about the statue;

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory."

So.... Even the new legendary seems to be tied into the idea of NYC?

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    what if the liberty ticket takes you to the liberty island of isshu. like in my island theory post earlier.

and on the twin towers subject, it kinda looks like they are standing tall and proud in isshu. above the pokeball lake. ones blue and ones pink
    or that's what it looks like to me....

more proof that isshu is nyc.

Zet

Years
    Serebii here said he thinks its New York not sure if its real but Serebii can clarify if it is or isn't. Zet is just mad that it isn't Australia
    Why would I be mad over a pokemon game not being located in x place?

Prob a Memorial in the translation at least saying something happened there and some Pokemon got hurt or something that avoids the word died...
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to rage hard if there is a twin tower reference.

Yeah but if you think about it he is a really involved fan... you and I couldn't say we know more than Serebii as he covers all bases so he can prob think like GameFreak does... Never said he was an all-seeing prophet... But Serebii's vote for NY means more than some kid who only played DPPt or something...

Yeah and I loved that episode... it made the episode right after it confusing (it removed a character and they said "Oh its ____" and she was like NO THATS MY TWIN which makes no sense because the banning removed the whole meeting of the first twin...
    Someone leaks information to Serebii, not really ethical information gathering. America got all upset for an episode title mentioning the word "tower". And I recall there being another few skipped/banned because of some pretty small things.

Opinion is Opinion... If you use your head you'd realize that someone for example that is a doctor would know more about surgery than some random hobo on the street... Its not elitist its just knowledge...
    And you'd realize how stupid your opinion was for making Serebii look like a God amongst the pokemon fanbase.

No but if you know what the makers of said map usually go for you have a better view point... Serebii says NY because he assumes that after all his work in every part of Pokemon... A random DPPt wouldn't know how they think at all... They say something like "It looks like Isshu to me" xD I really don't care what you think, but I'd trust information and speculation from someone that has done it time and time again over someone just yelling out what they thought of when looking at it...
    Serebii can't tell his left hand from his right. While everyone else can tell the difference, so it is safe to say that Serebii's opinion is not better than anyone's.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    Why would I be mad over a pokemon game not being located in x place?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to rage hard if there is a twin tower reference.

Someone leaks information to Serebii, not really ethical information gathering. America got all upset for an episode title mentioning the word "tower". And I recall there being another few skipped/banned because of some pretty small things.

And you'd realize how stupid your opinion was for making Serebii look like a God amongst the pokemon fanbase.

Serebii can't tell his left hand from his right. While everyone else can tell the difference, so it is safe to say that Serebii's opinion is not better than anyone's.

opinions are like butts............everybodys got one. don't call others opinions stupid.

i'm american, and i would be more then welcome to the idea of a special tribute to the twin towers in pokemon. (if isshu is new york)

serebii CAN tell his left hand from his right, but your right, it doesnt make his opinion any better then ours.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    oh will you people shut it already!

liberty ticket = liberty statue

morse code V for victory = lil mouse pokemon (not legendary IMO, yet)

geography of isshu makes identical to nyc

all of this proves NYC, so stow it& deal with no, stop insulting each other it only makes YOU look stupid, & weak cuz you cant handle that your opinion may have been wrong.

its proven, now stow it,& enjoy the new generation dammit -_-

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I am on the NYC side now...so I think we should just deal with it like Volroc said :)

thank you MR+AS-kun ^_^

im on NYC 100% now as well, and after a great argument bout the possibility of it bein shanghai,i had on youtube, i was 50-50, but now im 100% sure its NYC.

so please stop the pointless insulting already, its gettin on my nerves -_-

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    just to be clear, i wasn't trying to insult anybody.

and i'm with NYC too.
    now......me want white version. NAO!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    thank you MR+AS-kun ^_^

im on NYC 100% now as well, and after a great argument bout the possibility of it bein shanghai,i had on youtube, i was 50-50, but now im 100% sure its NYC.

so please stop the pointless insulting already, its gettin on my nerves -_-
    I think this thread is getting into a rage fight...if I was a mod I would have this stopped or lock the thread...

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I think this thread is getting into a rage fight...if I was a mod I would have this stopped or lock the thread...

Same. It started getting a bit... Offtopic? With people fighting over opinions and who's mattered and stuff... O_O; But yes, many things are pointing to NYC and I don't think that there's much evidence that it's not NYC....? Right? So currently all of the information points to NYC and that's that.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

its gettin there, thats why im tryin to calm everyone down ^_^

i know u werent tryin to insult anyone mate, im want white too XD

peace sign indeed XD

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    People have said that it is not NYC due to NYC not having a desert or mountains. But I am 100% NYC.

Desert Island mine be what the desert represents as New York as a whole region would be odd... also there is the Snowy Mountain in New York... Not New York City but New York itself... also there is a fire observation station near that... Look at the top left of Isshu there is a fire observation there as well...

Isshu is New York...

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    well.... ther is that one bridge...
    you know... napu bridge=sky arrow bridge.
    but the brooklyn bridge looks simalar, but with out the loopy at the end.

(maybe gamfreak air lifted the nanpu bridge to NYC just for these games?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back