• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Evolution lines for new 5th Generation Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I do not believe they are part of the same evo line.
    They all look really different.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I'm not feeling this theory.
    I'd say; Mamepato to Hatooboo to some 3rd bird.
    A water/flying duckling to Swana
    and Wooguru being an offensive counterpart to Skarmory.

I dont see any relation whatsoever.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Also, Swana flying with Mamapato is a really good hint towards a connection between the two. However, it's still possible that it means nothing. Wingull have been shown flying with Tailow (as well as Starly) in the anime. So.. :(
    0:18 they're all related :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtVBD0QHaFs&feature=related

IMO, I think ash will look at the sky in the first Isshu episode and it will show some random isshu birds flying by.
    Maybe even some shots of wild pokemon in forrests. just to give the viewer an impression of "a new region".

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged this with the evolution lines thread.

Personally, I don't think the three are related, but that's just me.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd like to bring the Kibago to Ononokusu back up. Onono was never given a typing as of yet, but does share semblance with Kibago. And I'm going to have to say STFU to everyone who tries to put evolutions by looks.

Caterpie doesn't look like Metapod and neither share any resemblence to Butterfree.

Bagon to Shelgon is a drastic change that doesn't look possible and then again to Salamence.

Larvitar looks nothing like Pupitar and Pupitar doesn't look like Tyranitar.

Wurmple to Silcoon/Cascoon to Beautifly/Dustox. None look the same or even close.

Dragoniar to Dragonite, there are no resemblences.

Sentret to Furret is pressing the matter, they have a closeness but don't resemble each other.

Remoraid to Octillery. Sardine transforming into an octopus.

Trapinch into Vibrava. They don't look close.

Magikarp into Gyarados, that's one of the biggest stretches.

Feebas into Milotic, see Magikarp and Gyarados.

Snorunt to Glalie/Froslass, there is no resemblance there.

Clamperl to Huntail/Gorebyss. Oyster to eels.

Bronzor to Bronzong. Gear to Bell.

You can't rule out evolutions based on appearance. How I see Kibago into Ononokusu:

Kibago to (Pokemon not yet released) to Ononokusu. As Kibago evolves, the tusks started to spread out and form closer to its face. The spine ridges on its back start to climb down its back and stretch more creating more ridges just smaller until you get from Kibago to Ononokusu.

I'm sorry if I was being a bit rough, but please don't rule something out based on looks when it does resemble the other by small parts. Look for the smallest similarity and watch as it evolves, don't say. Nope not the same cause I can't see similarities right off.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I see a possibility of the farthest right one being related, but the other 2 not so much. just because bulbasaur and oddish are both grass doesnt mean they are related. So these ones being flying doesnt automatically make them related.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Lol at people actually thinking Tsutaja will be grass/dragon. Ridonkulous. On other things, Kibago into Ononokusu, I will buy, but a rock pidgeon evolving into a swan or an eagle?

...seriously?

Someone threw around an idea that Farfetch'd (an actual duck) might be the ugly duckling to evolve into Swana. I'd buy that way before you tried to convince me that Mamepato evolves into Wooguru. I would even buy that Swana is a split evo from Psyduck before you said that Mamepato evolves into Hatooboo and evolves into an eagle or swan.

Of course, some Pokemon evolve into things that don't look at all like their previous evolutions, but those are clear-cut exceptions to the rule. In any case, there are usually very good explanations for these evolutions. Remoraid into Octillery is the only crazy evo that doesn't have a good story, IIRC.

Xander0 said:
    Caterpie doesn't look like Metapod and neither share any resemblence to Butterfree.

Wurmple to Silcoon/Cascoon to Beautifly/Dustox. None look the same or even close.

Caterpillars usually look nothing like the cacoons (which is something the caterpillar hibernates in until it transforms...) or butterflies they become. Of course they don't look like each other.

Bagon to Shelgon is a drastic change that doesn't look possible and then again to Salamence.

Larvitar looks nothing like Pupitar and Pupitar doesn't look like Tyranitar.

Dragoniar to Dragonite, there are no resemblences.
    One thing that sets the Bagon and Larvitar line apart from say, Remoraid and Octillery, is that they share a color scheme and specific features. Tyranitar's belly looks an awful lot like Pupitar, don't it? Bagon's head looks like Shellgon's shell and Salamance's underbelly, too.

Dragonair and Dragonite are still dragons despite looking drastically different. Rem and Oct are completely different species.

Trapinch into Vibrava. They don't look close.
    Trapinch and its evos are based off the antlion (which totally don't look like ants or lions), which works much like caterpillars in transforming. Trapinch is an antlion larva and Vibrava and Flygon are adult antlions.

Sorry to dissect your post Xander0, since I do agree that Kibago evolves into Ononokusu, but Mamepato/Hatooboo does not become an eagle or swan. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Lol at people actually thinking Tsutaja will be grass/dragon. Ridonkulous. On other things, Kibago into Ononokusu, I will buy, but a rock pidgeon evolving into a swan or an eagle?

...seriously?

Someone threw around an idea that Farfetch'd (an actual duck) might be the ugly duckling to evolve into Swana. I'd buy that way before you tried to convince me that Mamepato evolves into Wooguru. I would even buy that Swana is a split evo from Psyduck before you said that Mamepato evolves into Hatooboo and evolves into an eagle or swan.

Of course, some Pokemon evolve into things that don't look at all like their previous evolutions, but those are clear-cut exceptions to the rule. In any case, there are usually very good explanations for these evolutions. Remoraid into Octillery is the only crazy evo that doesn't have a good story, IIRC.

Caterpillars usually look nothing like the cacoons (which is something the caterpillar hibernates in until it transforms...) or butterflies they become. Of course they don't look like each other.

One thing that sets the Bagon and Larvitar line apart from say, Remoraid and Octillery, is that they share a color scheme and specific features. Tyranitar's belly looks an awful lot like Pupitar, don't it? Bagon's head looks like Shellgon's shell and Salamance's underbelly, too.

Dragonair and Dragonite are still dragons despite looking drastically different. Rem and Oct are completely different species.

Trapinch and its evos are based off the antlion (which totally don't look like ants or lions), which works much like caterpillars in transforming. Trapinch is an antlion larva and Vibrava and Flygon are adult antlions.

Sorry to dissect your post Xander0, since I do agree that Kibago evolves into Ononokusu, but Mamepato/Hatooboo does not become an eagle or swan. Sorry.

I know, but the thing is everyone was saying that Kibago couldn't be Ononokusu's pre evolution based souly on look. You did what I said to do and find the minor details that links them together, though the Trapinch stuff is 100% new to me so thanks for that info.

Mamepato is also a Pidgeon. If anything like the last Pidgeon Pokemon it'll prolly keep its relative form as it evolves. Kinda like how Pidgey and Starly keep the same level of look while completely changing species.

I wish we had a clearer picture of Hotaboo. Swanna I have very little doubt. Wooguru...Well I would be devastated if it did but I won't rule it out.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • I am not sure if this has been mentioned coz I am too CBF to go through the other posts but I think the little deer should have 4 different evolution possibilities. Like Eevee. But instead it evolves into something new with each season. So If you evolve yours in the Spring It turns into... I dunno, a fully grown deer with little flower buds on its antlers or in the winter a reindeer like santas :O (sorry for bad examples)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    My thoughts on the final evolutions for all the revealed Pokemon:

Tsutaja (Grass starter) - Serpentine, quadrupedal
    Pokabu (Fire starter) - Big, bulky piggy
    Mijumaru (Water starter) - Samurai-esque warrior
    Chillarmy - standalone, no evolutions
    Munna - evolves into Musharna but no further
    Gear - two evolutions, the final one being a number of gears coming together to form a face of some sort
    Mamepato - just one evolution, looking fairly similar to Mamepato itself
    Hihidaruma - pre-evo, as we've seen already. No further evolution
    Shimama - standalone
    Meguroko - one evolution into a big badass crocodile
    Rankurusu - standalone
    Gochiruzeru - standalone
    Koromori - standalone
    Kibago - evolves into Ononokusu (I hope it doesn't, because then we'd have two evolutionary lines that I really like the look of, but I just think it will)
    Minezumi - evolves into Miruhoggu, but no further
    Wooguru - standalone
    Gigaiasu - pre-evo x2
    Emonga - standalone (although I hope it evolves)
    Mamanbou - obviously evolved from Luvdisc
    Shikijika - hopefully evolves based on season, as suggested earlier
    Swana - standalone
    Moguryu - evolves once, into Doryuuzu
    Kurimuru - split evolution line, like Wurmple - may end up either a leaf-winged moth, or some sort of leafy ground-based bug
    Yanappu - evolves twice, hopefully into a big brocco-gorilla
    Desukan - pre-evo x1
    Denchura - I have the feeling Denchura might be a middle stage. Hopefully it'll evolve into a big, fuzzy electric tarantula, like Ariados but plugged into a supercharger
    Basurao - I have high hopes for this angry little fish. I think it'll have at least one evolution and that it'll look awesome, like a big tough piranha-shark, probably Water/Dark, like Sharpedo but awesomer
    Tabunne - standalone, maybe with a male counterpart (Illumise/Volbeat)
    Hatooboo - probably evolves from Mamepato

Zorua/Zoroark and the legendaries are self-explanatory.

The Red Chain

Ya know.... it really does look like Hatooboo is a strange mix between Mamepato and Swana..
    If you notice, the heart shape on it's chest is becoming more blue and it's neck and head are becoming more white.

Now I'm really curious...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • 180px-Hatooboo.jpg

Ya know.... it really does look like Hatooboo is a strange mix between Mamepato and Swana..
    If you notice, the heart shape on it's chest is becoming more blue and it's neck and head are becoming more white.

Now I'm really curious...
    Not only that. Take a look at Hatooboo's wing.

Now look at Mamepato's:

Spoiler:

Now look at me:

Spoiler:

The Red Chain

So there's a lot of theory lately that Kibago could evolve into Ononokusu.
    I find it to be an odd theory, but it does seem likely in a lot of ways as well due to their similarities in looks.
    What do you guys think about it? ^^;

The Red Chain

I personally think that there's a middle evo missing somewhere, or maybe it hasn't been revealed yet. Although it is possible that Kibago can involve into Ononokusu, I just find it unlikely that a psuedo-legendary would have that quick of an evolution, and I'm quite surprised not to see a middle evo, especially at this point in time.

Oops, forgot to add that the theory is that Ononokusu is presumed by the majority to be the final evo of Kibago.
    Sorry about that confusion. I hope the middle evo resembles both Kibago and Ononokusu closely so a sudden shift between normal flesh and heavy armor doesn't look as weird as it does now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    well ononokusu does look lyk kibago, but it has the mid evo feel. maybe kibago requires an item that evolves it into ononokusu and then from there to the final evo. just my thought on the subject.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Mamanbou may not be Luvdisc's evolution due to the newest video release. It showed Mamanbou appearing while the trainer was surfing. Since there are no previous Generation Pokemon in Black and White until a lot later in the game, it seems likely that Mamanbou is a replacement for Luvdisc rather than an evolution.

If you breed Mamanbou would you get Mamanbou? By Black and White's no previous gen ruling, this would be a yes. I can't see how Luvdisc could evolve from Mamanbou and not be able to be bred from it if it doesn't exist in the game until after the National Dex.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Shikijika into Shimama? What the..? This is obviously not going to happen. XD

Luvdisc almost redoubtably will evolve into Mamambou
    Kibago MIGHT evolve into Ononokusu. I see the possibility both ways.
    Shikijika will NOT evolve into Shimama.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Luvdisc almost redoubtably will evolve into Mamambou.

How? Mamanbou was shown battling a trainer while the trainer was surfing. If it wasn't available in the game like Electrivire, Magmorter, and the other Evolutions when Gen 4 came out, that would be one thing, but Mamanbou is in the game and on the Pokedex. How can it evolve from something not in the Pokedex until much later?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • How? Mamanbou was shown battling a trainer while the trainer was surfing. If it wasn't available in the game like Electrivire, Magmorter, and the other Evolutions when Gen 4 came out, that would be one thing, but Mamanbou is in the game and on the Pokedex. How can it evolve from something not in the Pokedex until much later?

It could need to breed with a certain item to get Luvdisc. Also, they could just pull what they did in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. If you do get a Pokemon that is a national dex one, it's numbered ???

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It could need to breed with a certain item to get Luvdisc. Also, they could just pull what they did in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. If you do get a Pokemon that is a national dex one, it's numbered ???

None of the Evolutions were listed on the Pokedex either. All of those that had evolutions added into the Fourth Gen weren't available in the Fourth Gen game until the National Dex was received and all including the Evolution introduced in the Fourth Gen game was labeled as ??? in the Pokedex.

Even if its incense breeding or something similar, the incense would be available Pre-National Dex or you'd be able to get one some how. But the thing is, all those with added lines were not available in the games that their lines weren't in either.

Even if Luvdisc would need an item to evolve into Mamanbou, this still breaks what has been shown in the past.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back