• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerging from the hidden dimension of Lurk

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
Ummm, dunno if I ever posted here a few years ago, but...

Hi, I'm Tkallab. Over the last two/three years or something, I've been lurking around the ROM Hacking Forum. The first post I remember making was a not-so-nice reply on a scrapbox hack which got me a small infraction. Since then, I've been lurking, periodically emerging to ask a question.
During that time, I've learned a little about not being a n00b.
So, today, I decided to post a little more frequently, and I thougt I might as well properly introduce myself.
My name's Thomas [toe-mahs] and I'm Dutch, but I speak English almost fluently. I love the games, detest the Anime, am indifferent towards the TCG and never read the Manga. I'm trying to teach myself competitive battling on Shoddy Battle as well as on the real games and I'm really excited about Black and White (I am a proud Mijumaru supporter). I'm also hacking Fire Red so you don't need HM's, which would be perfect if you want to do a Nuzlocke run or some other challenge. It's still being designed (replacing Surf's gonna be hard, I can tell ya), but me being limited to mapping and scripting is a bit of a setback.
Also, the reason I decided to stop lurking was me coming to another part of the forum, the PMD2 section, to post my pathetic excuse for a request to be rescued, because I already posted in may or june or july or something and was apparently ignored, despite my post following the rescue request quidelines. Then, I decided to look around a bit more and it looked fun. So, here I am.

As you might have noticed I'm trying hard to stall doing my homework, but I'm out of stuff to say, so... See ya 'round.

Continued: I'm actually pretty creative. I'm planning another hack which is a redesigned story of Fire Red and, in my opinion, divine canon. I also just started an Anime spoof containing mature themes and childish humor and a Nuzlocke comic, but both will probably never see the light of day.
I am also into music, but I'm very selective. I need to like the whole oevre of the artist for me to become a fan of them, which is why I can't exactly be called a Linkin Park fan. I can't relate to a lot of music that seem to fill the airwaves these days, mainly rap and all the music that goes "unka-unka-unka". I just like groups with vocals (preferably male), two guitars, a bass quitar and drums, and maybe a piano/keyboard. So far, I have found three bands, Motion City Soundtrack, All Time Low and Jack's Mannequin. I have written a song myself, actually, and am still busy writing another. One day, I hope to become a lead vocalist in some group I described earlier.

That was a lot to write and is probablt a lot to read to. But I was bored, so it's okay. Now I'll go to youtube so the internet can entertain me.

Tkallab

Last edited:

Kojak

Ace Trainer Kojak
Years
Well, let's hope that your posting is less stressful this time, hm?
Welcome Thomas, or tkallab, to PokeCommunity.

Feel free to VM and chat.

Read the rules and FAQ's, just to make sure you don't get into trouble.

tkallab

Years
Ehe, all I did was post some critisism I thought was constructive, but others didn't feel that way, haha.

tkallab

Years
tkallab is an interesting name hmm...
That's how I used to write my signature, as a mockery of the way we had to write in cursive in 4th-5th grade, the T stayed the same, the h became a k, because they looked so much alike. O became a, and m became three tiny l's, which later turned into two normal l's. A stayed the same, and I don't know how the s became a b.
Hehe, boring people is my hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back