• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] PokéCommunity's Official "Check My Pokémon" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Correct. Babies bred from hacked pokemon are always legit.
    Well then I got nothing to worry about. Cheers. But is there a possibility for an event pokemon that looks 100% the same!!!! With the same id, same stats, same nature same attacks and same held items. Pretty much 100% the same. (Even says, obtained from PKM event) Could it be a hacked pokemon in any way?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Well then I got nothing to worry about. Cheers. But is there a possibility for an event pokemon that looks 100% the same!!!! With the same id, same stats, same nature same attacks and same held items. Pretty much 100% the same. (Even says, obtained from PKM event) Could it be a hacked pokemon in any way?

Yes an event can look legit.

Now take your questions to PM or VM, as this is not a question and answer thread.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014

xhir's Results

• Jirachi | WISHMKR | 20043 | Docile | Oct. 8, 2007 | Likes to relax. : Legal

Points of consideration:

- It's not legit unless you are the original owner or personally know the original owner.
    - Legal means it can be a hack, only replicated to appear legit.
    - I did replicate this Jirachi, from scratch, using Pokesav and programs of the like.
    - I will be revisiting this Jirachi when further knowledge is made available to me.
    - I still don't believe this is a legit shiny Jirachi.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2014
    Venusaur
    OT: 10 ANIV
    ID: 00010
    Serious Nature
    Sep. 9, 2007
    Highly persistent. Happily eats anything.
    Ben
    FC: 3610 0885 2356
    I live in Australia so let me know when your available.

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Until further notice, I am no longer checking.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Venusaur
    OT: 10 ANIV
    ID: 00010
    Serious Nature
    Sep. 9, 2007
    Highly persistent. Happily eats anything.
    Ben
    FC: 3610 0885 2356
    I live in Australia so let me know when your available.
    I can do this; I will be on all day on Saturday. That should work out with your timezone. :)

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Retirement doesn't last long these days. :s

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    • Shiny Articuno
    • Ash
    • Careful
    • June 30 2010
    • Often dozes off

Please and thank you.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Angelique's Results

• Shiny Articuno | Ash | 60026 | Careful | June 30, 2010 | Often dozes off. : Legal

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Mew | OT: Japanese Name | 50716 | Quirky Nature | June 18, 2000 | Hates to Lose.

Please!

You can look at it now if you would like.

saikkussu

Dedicated Pokemon Collecter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    I have a few questions regarding hacks-

What if you used a cheat like "Catch Trainer's Pokemon"- they are pokemon caught within the game- created by the game but since a cheat had to be used to get it is it a hack?

Are clones hacks?

If you alter/create a pokemon well within the legal limits can you still trade or are ANY alterations considered hacks?

Is it okay to do a trade-back with a hack for pokedex purposes?

I ask these because when I "create" a pokemon in Pokegen (with everything as legal as possible) that I haven't seen or caught-I don't get the dex data because I didn't catch it or trade it, even if its under my name and ID. So If I do a trade back- not only do I get the other person's pokemon's data but I should get my own too when i get it back (its a theory, haven't tested it yet).

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    What if you used a cheat like "Catch Trainer's Pokemon"- they are pokemon caught within the game- created by the game but since a cheat had to be used to get it is it a hack?

Obviously.

Are clones hacks?

No.

If you alter/create a pokemon well within the legal limits can you still trade or are ANY alterations considered hacks?

Legit, Legal, and Hacked are all different terms that describe different states of a pokemon's legitimacy.

Legit: You yourself (or someone you know) caught, bred, or received this pokemon without the use of any external devices, or aids (RNG abuse isn't considered either of the two).

Legal: The pokemon is legal within the limits of the game.

Hacked: The pokemon isn't legal within the limits of the game.

These terms were loosely described and there are exceptions, I'm sure.

Is it okay to do a trade-back with a hack for pokedex purposes?

I do not recommend it, as it's very likely to spread hacks even more.

You should be able to find all your needs for your pokedex in the Trade Corner anyway.

I ask these because when I "create" a pokemon in Pokegen (with everything as legal as possible) that I haven't seen or caught-I don't get the dex data because I didn't catch it or trade it, even if its under my name and ID. So If I do a trade back- not only do I get the other person's pokemon's data but I should get my own too when i get it back (its a theory, haven't tested it yet).

Like I said, hacking pokemon into your game isn't the best way of going about completing your pokedex. If you post a shop or just look around, you're likely to find them. There are a lot people even giving them away, epically if it's just a random pokemon needed for pokedex information.

Besides, wouldn't the GTS be easier?

saikkussu

Dedicated Pokemon Collecter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks for replying so quickly <3
    As you can see i'm relatively new here and I didn't want to step on any toes when I eventually begin to participate in the Trade corner because I didn't know something or its something different than what I think. I'm kinda like Cheren when it comes to knowledge- I like to know what I'm doing before I do it.
    Plus the GTS is near impossible for me at this point because- a) my pokedex is new-ish right now only up to the first forest (inside). That means those are the only pokemon I can recieve in the store n' search. B) If I do find something I've seen- its never a fair trade like they'd want a legendary for a lv 1 minezumi. and the negotiation gts - I usually never have what anyone else wants because they already have it and tons more.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Thanks for replying so quickly <3
    As you can see i'm relatively new here and I didn't want to step on any toes when I eventually begin to participate in the Trade corner because I didn't know something or its something different than what I think. I'm kinda like Cheren when it comes to knowledge- I like to know what I'm doing before I do it.
    Plus the GTS is near impossible for me at this point because- a) my pokedex is new-ish right now only up to the first forest (inside). That means those are the only pokemon I can recieve in the store n' search. B) If I do find something I've seen- its never a fair trade like they'd want a legendary for a lv 1 minezumi. and the negotiation gts - I usually never have what anyone else wants because they already have it and tons more.

You're welcome.

And what I meant by the GTS is, since you're hacking pokemon into your game, hack their wants into your game and trade with them, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back